• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 2] Pokémon Crystal: Chikorita's Solo Run

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 22, 2021
Pokémon Crystal. We've all played it. We all love it. I've played through it many times with both Cyndaquil and Totodile. However, I've only ever attempted to play through it once while starting with Chikorita. I didn't get very far, I got stuck at the 1st gym. I was, however, very young when I attempted this, it was my first Pokémon experience and a friend told me to start over with Cyndaquil instead. So, I think it's time for Chikorita to redeem itself.

I'm going to go through the entire game of Pokémon Crystal with only my Chikorita. I will not evolve it, and other than HM users, I will not capture any other Pokémon, and no other Pokémon will be used in battle other than Chikorita. In addition, I will use no items in battle except Pokéballs for catching HM users. That means no potions, x items, or anything else that could give me an upper edge in this playthrough. My travel guide will switch between two sections: me typing out events in the third person, and me describing battles in the first person. With that, let's begin!
----
A New Journey's Beginning

After young Carlo embarks from his home, he stops by Prof. Elm's place and picks up his Chikorita, which he names "Chick Boy." Chick Boy and Carlo then leaves Prof. Elm's lab to run an errand for him. After a pretty uneventful Route 29 trip (where Chick Boy grows 2 levels), he heals at Cherrygrove and moves on to Route 30 and Chick Boy grows all the way to level 9, learning Razor Leaf along the way. After stopping by Mr. Pokemon's House and getting a weird egg to give to Elm, Elm calls Carlo and tells him a Pokemon has been stolen! Carlo rushes back to Cherrygrove, where he's ambushed by the thief.
----
Important Battle 1: Rival 1
Chick Boy: Level 9
Opponant's Pokemon
  • Cyndaquil: Level 5
This battle was very easy, but these rival battles probably will not stay that way. I used Tackle four times, bringing down Cyndaquil, and that was the end of it. Chick Boy was four levels ahead of Cyndaquil, so it wasn't anything difficult since he doesn't know any fire type moves yet.
----
After announcing to Carlo that his name was POOPBOY, the thief escaped. Rushing back to New Bark Town (with Chick Boy also gaining an extra level), Carlo notifies the police that POOPBOY was the thief's name, and he gives the Pokemon Egg to Prof. Elm. After telling his mother that he's embarking on a new quest, Carlo leaves New Bark Town accompanied by his faithful companion, Chick Boy.

END OF ENTRY
Chick Boy
Level 9

Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Razor Leaf

Back