• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 3D

What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • New region

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Both

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
Years
DJB, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but as a hardcore pokemon fan, I have to say Double Battles are actually just as good as Singles. Imo, they are better and more strategic. I think you might have a lot of people chasing after us we don't include it... I like the RTS idea but for Pokémon, I just think it's a little complicated.

Last edited:
Years
It's a good idea, but it aint gonna work..
THose 3D pokemon are from super smash bros brawl, and Brawls only has 4 pokemon characters.
Squirtle,Charizard Ivysaur and red the trainer..
So you need to make all of the pokemon 3d and many triners 3d..
I aint saying it's impossible, but it's just something you should remember :)
anyways if everything works out im sure to play this :D

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
Years
It's a good idea, but it aint gonna work..
THose 3D pokemon are from super smash bros brawl, and Brawls only has 4 pokemon characters.
Squirtle,Charizard Ivysaur and red the trainer..
So you need to make all of the pokemon 3d and many triners 3d..
I aint saying it's impossible, but it's just something you should remember :)
anyways if everything works out im sure to play this :D

Dude, have you thought about Pikachu? Also, Melee had Jigglypuff and Mewtwo so they might come back. Finally, did you know there was a Pokémon Stadium 1, 2 and 3 (in Japan but everywhere else it was just 1 and 2) and also, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Colosseum, XD Gale of Darkness and finally, Pokémon Battle Revolution. But look, we know what we are doing with modeling etc. so just don't worry...

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Well we have already got most of the pokemon models done, they just need smoothing a little so they look better in the engine. I've been working mostly on the GUI at the moment and programming collision systems. I've just invested in some new software to make some high-quality terrains and skycubes. Also i've figured out how i'm going to do the water in the game - using shaders/fixed function pipeline. It might be a little too realisitc though with semi-cartoon graphics and full reflecting water, lol.

We've been experimenting with particle systems for the battle engine. As for 2vs2 it would be extremely hard to implement as AI systems are hard enough for 1 opponent, let alone 2!!! Multiplayer hasn't really had much thought yet as i dont have the knowledge to program multiplayer gameplay...YET. Tonight i will try basic multiplayer like trying to play a sound from 1 pc- to another. Then i will try sending simple variables > the basics of the trading cards which i hope to implement.

I dont really post many updates on this forum so check out the Pokemon3D forum updates topic for current updates.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Well we have already got most of the pokemon models done, they just need smoothing a little so they look better in the engine. I've been working mostly on the GUI at the moment and programming collision systems. I've just invested in some new software to make some high-quality terrains and skycubes. Also i've figured out how i'm going to do the water in the game - using shaders/fixed function pipeline. It might be a little too realisitc though with semi-cartoon graphics and full reflecting water, lol.

We've been experimenting with particle systems for the battle engine. As for 2vs2 it would be extremely hard to implement as AI systems are hard enough for 1 opponent, let alone 2!!! Multiplayer hasn't really had much thought yet as i dont have the knowledge to program multiplayer gameplay...YET. Tonight i will try basic multiplayer like trying to play a sound from 1 pc- to another. Then i will try sending simple variables > the basics of the trading cards which i hope to implement.

I dont really post many updates on this forum so check out the Pokemon3D forum updates topic for current updates.

Go with more realistic water, even though it sounds weird, it would look cool.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
maybe the realistic water would remind us that pokemon are fake ...

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Some extra screenshots of the menu system, day/night - dynamic sky system and real-time reflecting water. I've mainly been messing around with shaders and player movement code. I havent been posting any updates here>> they're all on the pokémon3D forum... Enjoy...

menu_system.png

sky_flare.png

night_pkmn3d.png

water_reflect.png

They're not final so dont flame me for rubbish textures or horrible graphics, lol.

Pokémon3D Continues...

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
MAN THATS AWESOME! This is made in gamemaker right?

Thanks, glad u like it...
This is not being made in game maker because it simply cannot produce such fantastic effects you have seen above. It is being programmed in 3D Game Studio using the C-script coding language.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
h,mmmmmmm, I saw a thread on it in the GMC....? By the way gamemaker CAN do that, although it would be stupid and pointless given the amount of time it would take to achieve it.

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
Awesome game!!
and i Agree the night time and water graphics are fantastic I can't wait to see when the game is finished

and i'm sorry if this question has been asked already but do you have a website for this game?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
What are you gonna use for the pokemon models? cards? sprites on a 3d plane? I knew a way to rip the 3D models out of Stadium 2, but that wouldn't give you all the models :\

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
Oooo I have 1 Last Question
Is the game gonna be able to run on Macintosh?

Back