• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] Playing Pokemon Shield, with a few rules

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
So i decided to do a second play through of Pokemon Shield, had to add a few rules though so i wouldnt get bored quickly (though i doubt i would)
1. I cant use pokemon that i used in my last playthrough along with its entire evolution line which included: Charizard (barely used, i think i used it enough just to be able to see it gmax or something idr), Corvisquire, Sylveon, Cinderace, Aegislash, Boltund, Talonflame, Excadrill, Urshifu (which didnt happen until dlc), Nickit, Galarian Ponyta, and Pikachu.
I would add eevee to the list but it has other evos that would be neat to use, but ima try and evolve any eevees asap
2. I can stick to only 3 types, if its a dual type and one type is not one of the 3, its accepted as long as the other type is one of the 3. Once i pick these types, i cant change from them

Day One:
I skipped reading some story btw because i played it once and reading certain parts drag me for some reason. But after a bit I got my starter, it was a hard decision since i loved scorbunny so much, but in the end I went with Sobble, liked the big monkey design, but the future moves looked more appealing with the future of sobble. I screwed up and couldnt change it's nickname until later. Did a battle with Hop, easy win. Not much interesting stuff from there besides going into the forest and battling a few pokemon. After some more story (like come on, just let me get to the pokemon center already so i can nickname my sobble). Anyways went to tell the ingame mom im leaving for a journey, idk why but reading "east or west home is best" got me laughing. Sobble got to level 8, then went to get my pokedex, then more story with Hop (like come on, where is the skip tutorial button). Finally, the pokemon center, finally talked to the guy with a yellow tie and gave sobble a nickname, which was Agent Aqua. No idea why but i really wanted her to have that nick (yes sobble is a female). Thats all i did today, will do more next time.

The 3 Types by the end of the day:
-Water
-???
-???

FlameChrome

Years
Day 2:
-Spent 17,000 on clothes
-Caught Lotad, named it Senior Pad
-Caught Blipbug
-Second usable type stoned in, Bug
-Realized Youngster Jake looks like Jake from state farm, without the fancy pants
-Visited the professor, battled hop, got our dynamax bands, went back into town
-Renamed Lotad to Senorita Pad since its a female, named Blipbug because i skipped it the first time since i somehow didnt see its gender, which didnt effect the name anyways of RoboBug
-Went to first wild area, caught a Pidove, named it Wings, im bad at naming dont judge me
-3rd and final type locked in, Normal Type
-Caught a Bunnelby, named it Bunsy (bun-see)
-did a dmax raid thingy in wild area, dmax for first time in this playthrough, fought a krabby, caught it, named it Snappy
-tried catching a tympole, didnt happen, threw like 5 or 6 pokeballs at it and just defeated Senorita Pad and Agent Aqua, so i just defeated it, it didnt wanna be caught and i didnt have revives to play this game
-ended up going to Motostoke because i didnt wanna keep battling other pokemon while 2 of my pokemon was defeated and the others were just nearly defeated too
-healed my team, got broke over buying revives (only bought 6), created my first league card for this playthrough
-Found the clothing shop, to only realize even more how broke i became, went and sold all my valuables and still came up short for what i wanted to buy so i settled with a new hat, sunglasses, and sport compression tights for a total of 8,500. Wonder why im broke. I want different shoes but nothing i like so far
-signed up for the challenge, chose the number 17, idk why but i did
-Defeated some team yell grunts, they had nothing on Agent Aqua
-after the ceremony, battled Hop again, and RoboBug evolved
-did some trainer battles on route 3, Agent Aqua evolved into an emo teen, now it can see what life really is
-managed to get to the galar mine
Thats all for today, had to let my joycons charge afterwards

End of day Summary

The 3 Types:
-Water
-Bug
-Normal

My Team:
Agent Aqua- level 17
Senorita Pad- level 14
RoboBug- level 13
Wings- level 15
Bunsy- level 13
Snappy- level 19

Gyms:
None

FlameChrome

Years
before i state what i did today, i wanted to show pics of what the outfit on my character looked like, but forgot, so here it is trust me, the graphics looks better on my tv than through this pic. also yes this outfit made me broke for the most part.

Day 3:
-went through the galar mine, nothing special happened
-battled bede, was quite an easy victory
-Caught an Eevee, named it cuddles
-caught another eevee, didnt name it, because i planned a vaporeon and i just didnt know what to call it
-Also Agent Aqua got to level 19 and didnt want it to get past level 20 so i let it chill in the box, Snappy got to level 20 so i did the same with it
-got to town, healed my pokemon, put the rest of my water pokemon in a box, since the first gym is a grass type, and water dont mix well with grass, it would only hurt me, not help me
-Emptied my pockets, otherwise sold things i would never really use, like treasures, ended with about 32k, though mostly from trainer battles, but one thing i sold was berries never use them for some reason, so they got sold
-had a few experience thingys, so i used them on both eevees
-went to the gym, hop said i can win it, so i vowed i will lose at least once
-I instantly regretted making that vow, because it came true
-New plan, cant let wings get defeated or im dead
-that plan, is exactly what happened, never let wings die once this round and it worked like a charm
-I edited my team, RoboBug was decent, but wasnt enough of anything until it evolved and that was level 30, which would probably be a day or 2 away of me playing, so i waited until that happened, he went into the box, i also put eevee back in the box since until i get a water stone its not that much since i got another eevee (cuddles) going to be my regular eevee, having 2 seemed a bit much on a single team. Seniorita pad stayed in the box, while they werent bad, felt very useless in everytime i battled with it, yes ik i can grow it stronger, but i also wanted an open slot for another pokemon, out of the 8, i only have 1 bug type surprisingly enough, so kind of wanted to see what other bug types were out there, plus i wanted a Minccino (eventually cinccino) and that was on route 5, so lets a go!
-after the 3rd attempt, finally caught a minccino, not gonna lie, i started getting really lazy to give names
-after a few battles, Wings has evolved!
-battled hop again, i one hit K-Oed each of his pokemon with water pulse on Agent Aqua, low health and everything
I made it to the next town, where the water gym is, got off for the day

End of day Summary
The 3 types:
-water
-bug
-normal

My Pokemon-
I forgot to record this once before i got off, will edit this in tomorrow

FlameChrome

Years
Day 3
-Started up the switch, went for the water gym right away, i immediately remembered the gym challenge here and remembered how much i hated it
-Drednaw is such a pain, i tried using bunsy since she has ground and fighting type moves but they barely did anything since her level was lower, snappy was able to do nothing really, so Agent Aqua had to step in with bind to actually win this battle
-Battled Bede again, easy victory thanks to Agent Aquas Sucker Punch
-forgot to mention im going through galar mine no.2
-fought team yell again, easy victory, shame on hop having to bring in another pokemon
-battled marnie, made me realize i needed my pokemon stronger for this next gym, granted i got 2 water type pokemon in my team, which could easily win the gym battle, i just want my other pokemon to be able to handle themselves also, i trained a bit
-during training, snappy evolved
-finally challenged the fire gym, won, easy landslide victory, Agent Aqua destroyed every pokemon
-caught a cutiefly and added it to my team, after losing to a snorlax and a different cutiefly
-made it hammerlocke, went and sold some things then went clothes shopping! I again, found nothing good, why is the clothing options terrible, just be my taste then, i did buy some pants at the least
-took a long break from the game today
-battled team yell again, got nearly destroyed, my pokemon are so underpowered, battled a trainer and felt the same
-cutiefly also evolved
-made it stow-on-side, tried to get most things out of route 6 but will try and level up a lot another day

End of Day Summary
My Pokemon:
Agent Aqua- 33
Bunsy- 30
Wings- 31
Ribombee- 31
Minccino- 31
Snappy- 31
RoboBug- 17
Senorita Pad- 18
Eevee- 17
Cuddles- 27

Gyms:
Grass
Water
Fire

FlameChrome

Years
Day 5:
-battled hop, got a couple pokemon knocked out but it was a easy battle
-Took on the ghost gym, had every pokemon faint and had to revive Agent Aqua a few times but we won
-Agent Aqua evolved, finally out of her teen years, it was starting to bring drama
-I let Bunsy evolve finally, just so they get that ground type edge
-battled Bede once more, almost a landslide, but i let agent aqua die and had ribombee finish off ponyta
-Snipshot is a fun move
-made it to ballonlea with no problems
-had a little struggle with the fairy gym, but ended with all pokemon alive, after many revives used
-battled Hop again, that snorlax was painful
-found a shiny stone, minccino evolved into Cinccino
-made it to circhester
-challenged the Ice gym, wasnt that hard, had a few faints but they all ended up alive
-battled hop again, did i ever mention i hate the snorlax? Well i do. Had to let the hail defeat snorlax for me because it kept paralyzing my Bunsy
-found a clothing store, "oooh a clothing store" just so random for me to get excited about that. walked in with over 110k walked out with only 2k of the money i had
-battled team yell again
-got to spikemouth, battled marnie, easy victory
-battled the gym, had a couple of faints, but once again won and had all pokemon alive
-made it to hammerlocke, healed my pokemon and stocked up on goods
Getting off early today because i wanna do other stuff, but i think i made good progress

Oh also I caught a crustle, but forgot to make a note for that apparently and i forget where exactly i got it

End of day Summary
My Pokemon:
Agent Aqua- 50
Bunsy- 45
Wings- 47
Ribombee- 45
Cinccino- 46
Snappy- 45
RoboBug- 17
Senorita Pad- 18
Eevee- 17
Cuddles- 27
Crustle- 40

Gyms:
Grass
Water
Fire
Ghost
Ice
Fairy
Dark

FlameChrome

Years
Day 6
-Did the dragon gym, the challenge was quite easy, first double was agent aqua and bunsy, then last 2 was agent aqua and ribombee, ribombee got some good kills. Gym though, pretty easy tbqh
-route 10, very snowy, very annoying the battles were a little tough but nothing i couldnt handle, after some faints
-made it to the last town
I started so late today so i didnt get much at all done

most of my pokemon ended up between nearly level 50 to 55 (the ones on my team) and we know i got all 8 gym badges now anyways

FlameChrome

Years
Day 7/8:
-started the semi finals of the gym challenge cup thingy, idr what its called now
-first round, marnie, easy victory, had a hiccup where wings got fainted but no fret easy revive
-Second round, hop, easy victory, even easier than marnie. Bunsy was a real VIP of that battle
-had to go to rose tower, Oleana was a toughy with that milotic, took down several pokemon and somehow ribombee ended up winning that battle, Bunsy dynamaxed and finished off the battle though, ended greatly

i only combined these 2 days because i did so little each of the days, and almost did a triple combine, but wanted the finals of the league to be a day/post of itself.

I still have all my pokemon from before, but i feel its not worth listing all when im not gonna use em, so ima just list for these last 2 days of whats in my team

My Team:
Agent Aqua- 58
Ribombee- 53
Wings- 54
Bunsy- 53
Cinccino- 54
Snappy- 51

FlameChrome

Years
Day 9:
-started the finals a little bit, gardevior, rapidash was a bit of a problem from bede.Bunsy was the MVP once again
-All pokemon did well against nessa, Cinccino even beat a piliper (idr how its spelled), bunsy did faint against drednaw, but did massive damage before hand and helped snappy get the win
-wings was the only one able to defeat polteageist and withstand some damage, learned sky attack that was a one hit K-O on cursola, bunsy then defeated gengar with no issues
-Ribombee was the mvp against raihan, even dealt the final blow
-about to battle leon, but got interrupted by darkest day thing
-battled rose, had some faints on my end, but ended up with everyone alive, Bunsy was once again, the MVP of that battle
-stage one of darkest day, bunsy was mvp. Second stage i ended up letting the other pokemon do everything while i just stayed alive, but i did catch the pokemon
-finally, battle with leon, had some faints and hiccups but ended up with 5 out of 6 pokemon alive, and leon defeated. Agent Aqua, Bunsy, and Ribombee was the MVPs of that battle, Snappy did a decent job, withstood an attack and gave a good punch props to snappy. Though snappy was the one who was fainted in the end

Welp with all said and done im now the champion of the galar region, again. If you guys have any ideas of what challenges i should do next in Shield let me know! Can be a revised of what i just did, like only difference is i pick 3 different type pokemon or something completely different. Hope yall enjoyed reading my lame bullet points for each day i played, wasnt much but i tried to give important details

Back