• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
If we can catch all pokemon in X and Y , do you think this is gonna be the last generation?

Years
If we can catch all pokemon in X and Y , do you think this is gonna be the last generation?

No, right now X and Y is most succesful game since red and blue, in my opinion its just indrease the chance for new generation.
Also gamefreak introduced alot of new mechanics in the game, it would be a waste if all of this was for just one gen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014

Not a chance, Pokemon is a very fruitful franchise and there's no sign of it slowing down with the inclusion of Pokebank. Also is not clear what it meant "all Pokemon are available", like others have pointed out it could mean that all Pokemon are encoded into the game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not a chance, Pokemon is a very fruitful franchise and there's no sign of it slowing down with the inclusion of Pokebank. Also is not clear what it meant "all Pokemon are available", like others have pointed out it could mean that all Pokemon are encoded into the game.
I sure hope so, I don't want every Pokemon in the game...Maybe it could also mean that the national dex will be available post game unlike RS even though Pokemon transfer won't start until December.

Years
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that all Pokemon really are obtainable in X and Y, considering there's two months in between the X/Y and Pokemon Bank's release, meaning there would be no way to make progress on your PokeDex until then. It would also be a solution for the people who don't want to use Pokemon Bank/Transfer for whatever reason and still want to complete their PokeDex.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I wonder if having different pokemon appear in different coloured flowers is their way of increasing the amount of pokemon per route without overwhelming the player.

Makes sense if loads of old pokemon are returning.

blue

gucci
Years
All Pokémon in Kalos wouldn't essentially elimiate the likelyhood of any remakes, they're remade for the sole purpose of making money not to obtain every Pokémon. Anyway back on topic, I think having 700 odd Pokémon available in one game is waaay too much, I'd expect 300-370 tops.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
That can simply mean that the data for all Pokemon exists in the new games...which the data for all pokemon existed in every game to date so its a vague statement.

Like they said it has two meanings, first meaning is something we already know is going to happen and that is that all 700+ Pokemon that currently exist are programmed into this game.

The second meaning is that all 700+ Pokemon are available for capture in some way shape or form in these games.

I find the latter hard to believe as Event Only Pokemon are usually only available for event downloads.

As for Matsuda traveling far to tell us something meaningless....yes he does that on a fairly frequent basis...practically every time he travels with an announcement...its usually something meaningless. We've been lucky to get real news this time for X and Y but he still travels a lot just to tell us about things that really aren't important.
What's meaningful and meaningless are in the eye oh the beholder especially when you talk about games. And also the word I used wasn't meaningless it was obviouse . Anything that he announced wasn't obviouse , just saying .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I still don't see what everyone is surprised about having a ton of pokemon available in the game. There has always been a ton of pokemon available after you defeat the elite 4. BW2 is one example, you could catch almost 500 pokemon in the whole game. Only around 167 couldn't be obtained. That is counting starters and a good amount of legends. (The 167 is counting pokemon in Dream World and Radar)

Years
I still don't see what everyone is surprised about having a ton of pokemon available in the game. There has always been a ton of pokemon available after you defeat the elite 4. BW2 is one example, you could catch almost 500 pokemon in the whole game. Only around 167 couldn't be obtained. That is counting starters and a good amount of legends. (The 167 is counting pokemon in Dream World and Radar)
I'm hoping they leave most of the Hoenn Pokemon if they are going to do something similiar again...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
There are always some Pokemon absent. It motivates sale to some extent. Catching all the pokemon is hard. I caught 77 yesterday, 61 today, and still have 100 to go. (most of that was just using the poke-transfer, but still)

Years
There are always some Pokemon absent. It motivates sale to some extent. Catching all the pokemon is hard. I caught 77 yesterday, 61 today, and still have 100 to go. (most of that was just using the poke-transfer, but still)
Yes, especially if they decide to make sequels and remakes...they'll be no new Pokemon they could add other than formes and possibly Megas should they put in all Pokemon into the games...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What's meaningful and meaningless are in the eye oh the beholder especially when you talk about games. And also the word I used wasn't meaningless it was obviouse . Anything that he announced wasn't obviouse , just saying .

I'm saying, in the past, he's come to America for something completely meaningless. He came for an announcement and the announcement wasn't even anything special. He's had multiple showings on Smash varying from just being there (he was said to appear for a special episode. It was hyped more than it should have been, he appeared and did absolutely nothing. No announcement. He was just there for show.)

They do this kind of thing all the time. A lot of the time it doesn't pertain to anything which does make it a meaningless advertisement as there was no meaning to him being there. He can travel to here to tell us what we already know. Under the disguise of something new as they always say, it has no meaning when he reiterates what's been said. Whether you use the word or not means nothing either. I said it and never said you said it.

The 3D aspect was pretty obvious. You could tell from the videos that part of them were rendered the same way that Gen 4 and 5 were. So really the game not completely being in 3D was pretty obvious. The only new thing I think we've gotten today was the EXP on capture...I don't even know if that was from Matsuda. Nothing he's given to us has any real use obvious or not. Media hype is usually blown out of proportion.

The info given still has more than one meaning, one of which is obvious and completely meaningless to share. If its the latter, then it has meaning, though whether that meaning is good or bad has yet to emerge itself. We'll need to have what was said clarified before we can even make a proper assumption. Two meanings with completely different outcomes. On one hand, its the same limitations that we've always had. On the other hand, all Pokemon are available between the two completely eliminating the need for other games from the past just for their Pokemon.

Once this has been cleared up, we'll know exactly what to expect in the games.

Years
If all Pokemon are included it'll make transfering not as attractive...other than for those of us who are attach to our old Pokemon.

If they are all included I hope it doesn't eliminate the chance of Remakes, Sequels or a third version as that'll make this generation incredibly short...and we'll be speculating Gen VII in two years 0_o...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well considering they dropped the PokeBank to be the end all Transfer method with that update, this gen could get a large sum of them in there, either by special restrictions (Some legends and events not available while others like the starters are all hand outs, massive amounts of trades and things like this)

I don't personally think they'll put them all into the two games as it goes against everything they stand for. I can see them pulling something similar to B2W2 with more than the normal 200 or so Pokemon. Which is why I say his announcement was meaningless since I see it as the former description of it being all Pokemon programmed into the game. =\

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Personally, I don't know what to think to all Pokemon being available, assuming they are of course. I just think saying "all Pokemon are available" as in all the data for them is implemented into the game is a little redundant. :s But assuming they are, I do wonder how they'll handle legendaries; having all the legendaries inhabit Kalos is overkill really. Not to mention all of the starters... Sure, the Kanto ones are fine but... idk, it just seems a bit strange. :s And this is without even taking into account the distribution/event Pokemon....

Years
Well considering they dropped the PokeBank to be the end all Transfer method with that update, this gen could get a large sum of them in there, either by special restrictions (Some legends and events not available while others like the starters are all hand outs, massive amounts of trades and things like this)

I don't personally think they'll put them all into the two games as it goes against everything they stand for. I can see them pulling something similar to B2W2 with more than the normal 200 or so Pokemon. Which is why I say his announcement was meaningless since I see it as the former description of it being all Pokemon programmed into the game. =\
I agree, if they are to do another Pt or B2W2 they'll need some Pokemon to add in there (Pt added in Pokemon left out of the Sinnoh dex of course and B2W2 added in other regions Pokemon with were left out of the original pairs to those generations). Formes and Megas could only go so far into attracting intrest in the games...

Proably it is. Maybe saying that even though the Pokebank is coming later the rest of the Pokemon are programmed in and you'll be able to get the National (or Global which they should be calling it...) Dex after you defeat the league (unlike RS which had the others coded into the games but didn't give the national dex as there was no transfer from Gen II)

Years
I sincerely doubt that Masuda's claim that, "all Pokémon are available" means that all Pokémon are available to catch in game. I'm definitely of the opinion that he means that all Pokémon have been programmed into the game and are available to use - I mean, if all Pokémon were available in the game, it would make the PokéTransporter (and perhaps even the Pokémon Bank) seem almost redundant.

I really doubt that you'll be able to capture every Pokémon in this game - for a start, we know that there are version exclusives already (Clauncher, Skrelp, Swirlix, Spritzee, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y), so how can what Masuda has said be taken that way at all?

Years
I sincerely doubt that Masuda's claim that, "all Pokémon are available" means that all Pokémon are available to catch in game. I'm definitely of the opinion that he means that all Pokémon have been programmed into the game and are available to use - I mean, if all Pokémon were available in the game, it would make the PokéTransporter (and perhaps even the Pokémon Bank) seem almost redundant.

I really doubt that you'll be able to capture every Pokémon in this game - for a start, we know that there are version exclusives already (Clauncher, Skrelp, Swirlix, Spritzee, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y), so how can what Masuda has said be taken that way at all?
Well people who see it that way appear to think that together X and Y will have all of them...hopefully even that won't be the case...

Back