• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Thanks.
Well, I kept it going but a Machop broke the chain. = / I could go back, but I have one now. I'll go back later. I need a shiny Roserade more than any other shiny now besides Charizard.
I thought 252 EVs only made up to a 32 stat increase? Wouldn't that make it's attack stat just 310? Unlike the possible 360, which I'd be satisfied with. XD
And thankfully, moves are a little bit easier to throw around than EVs are. I have some experience in the field so I should be ok, although I wish there were areas in D/P like in the old games with only 1 specie of Pokemon (aka Pokemon Tower in FR/LG for Sp. Attack EVs).

I -was- gonna put Rock Polish on it to make it go fast since it can't get DDance, (sorta rhymed), but it's going to need all the help it can get, so maybe Choice Band is the way to go, even though I've never used such.

No worries, cuz I'm not going to be entering any huge tornaments anytime soon; just casual fire between my friends who hardly know anything about EVs IVs and such. I should be able to blow them away with what I do have. And that's a shame. XD
-DDD

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
252 EVs gives you 63 extra points in a given stat.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to start hunting for Dialga today. Training this Bidoof is going so slow, even though I have the Lucky Egg AND it's traded. Maybe I'll be able to get there by tomorrow, but I doubt it. I'm also hunting for Latias quite a bit, too. Good luck, everyone.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Thanks! Wow... then my TTar is gonna be something anyway. o.o At least, something I like and would use to my standards.
I know where I got screwed up on the EV outcome though. (I shoulda just done the mathematical equation in the first place though)
On this guide they were just using a set amount of EVs as an example, leading out to a 32 stat increase. Thanks for helping. ^_^

I've got a chain of 16 Budews right now as we speak. XD Maybe I'll get lucky. I want to make Shido Hasslehoff cry. :P

Also, I think I forgot to mention earlier, but the reason I caught the Larvitar in a Master Ball is just because of style. The purple from the ball itself and the purple on TTar go together. :) I'm gonna try and catch Budew in a Nest Ball for green, but you can never be too careful so I may use my last Master Ball (on Diamond) on it. The purple goes together on it, too, but the new Nest ball animation is like all grassy, so it goes better with it. I'll catch it in anything if it's shiny! :P
*Got Synchro Modest Kadabdab [lol] out front!*

-DDD

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Sixth badge obtained, working my way to # seven, going to finish this game and get my Shiny Giratina.

MM, the glitch I have is unknown on FR. I lent the game to a friend who wanted to catch Growlithe on his Pearl, and when he gave it back it had this glitch. My coins are ?845, my money is something like ??9035 (not exactly), and my stats on the back of my trainer card are all maxed out at 9999 trades/battles etc. The only way that this glitch is helping me hunt for Scyther is the fact that it allows to purchase 3 Scythers instead of one, and in my measurements and calculations, it only speeds it up by a minute or two for every five resets (I think). He didn't do anything to the cartrige, and was confused when I told him about the glitch (I believe him). It's your call on if this Shiny will count.

No new resets or anything...

Grats DP and Fufu on your shinies! ^^

Oh and MM, don';t comnplain about all these people getting shinies before you, I gauraentee there have been at LEAST 30 Shinies captured while I have been hunting mine, and I still don't have 1.

<I>Kobra<I>

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Guess what?....
I was on route 202 raising golbat's happiness without fast leveling when I met up with a shiny shinx. Bad nature but whatever, tis a shiny! Nicknamed it Lycan, since Luxray kina looks like a wolf and lycanthrope was too long :P. That makes 5 shinies now:
bellassom
pidegot
golem
eevee ( didn't get from GTS)
Shinx (gonna be luxray soon once i fin a good moveset for it)

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
King Kobra thats not a glitch thats a cheat device at work XD

make meh cry MUAHAHAHA only possible way youd get close to a tear is by geting my most wanted shiny ... tho of course i never say what it is and so far noone (that ive noticed anyway ) has one XP

congrats all around i myself stiill am not currently hunting yet , just getting rcs and breeding

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Hey everyone, Its been a while, I've made a list of what im going to be hunting so here it is:
Pearl (US) - Whatever my swarm is
Diamond (JP) - Going to restart it some time this week (I have a week off school) and go through story and try to get a shiny Rotom
Leaf Green (US) - Just need to beat the E4 then SRing for an Eevee
Emerald (UK) - THAT DAMN SMEARGLE THAT HAS EVADED ME FOR A YEAR!
Wish me luck everyone :) and congrats to everyone who has got shinys whilst I have been away :)

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Slowpoke hunt not going well. I chained just over 10 once but my other chains all seem to break. I think Oak got this Radar on sale or something. But if the luck I had with Houndoom continues I should have Slowpoke soon.

Good luck everyone on your shiny hunts.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thanks! Wow... then my TTar is gonna be something anyway. o.o At least, something I like and would use to my standards.
I know where I got screwed up on the EV outcome though. (I shoulda just done the mathematical equation in the first place though)
On this guide they were just using a set amount of EVs as an example, leading out to a 32 stat increase. Thanks for helping. ^_^

I've got a chain of 16 Budews right now as we speak. XD Maybe I'll get lucky. I want to make Shido Hasslehoff cry. :P

Also, I think I forgot to mention earlier, but the reason I caught the Larvitar in a Master Ball is just because of style. The purple from the ball itself and the purple on TTar go together. :) I'm gonna try and catch Budew in a Nest Ball for green, but you can never be too careful so I may use my last Master Ball (on Diamond) on it. The purple goes together on it, too, but the new Nest ball animation is like all grassy, so it goes better with it. I'll catch it in anything if it's shiny! :P
*Got Synchro Modest Kadabdab [lol] out front!*

-DDD
No problem. Always glad to help.

Today has not been a productive day at all. I finished training my Bidoof to level 37, evolved it, and trained it to level 40 at about 1 AM last night. I would've been able to start hunting for a shiny Dialga, BUT, I did not yet have a Modest Synchronize Abra or Kadabra. So I started looking. I searched for about two hours, and found nothing. I woke up at 10 AM, and since then, I've been capturing and soft resetting my game, looking for Modest Synchronize Abra or Kadabra. It's now 8:20 PM. This is absolutely ridiculous! I could have joined the Great Dialga Race by now. =/ My cousin (the one who traded me the shiny Skarmory) has also decided to start shiny hunting again, and he and I will race for Dialga. He is having rotten luck at finding one, too.

I originally planned on not hunting on the third gen until I started soft resetting for Dialga, but it's taking so ridiculously long (I should've found one after I caught about 50) I'm just hunting for Latias while I look for these Abra/Kadabra. I haven't hunt for Squirtle since last Thursday. I'm not quite done reaping the benefits of hunting all day (thank goodness for summer break), so I will start hunting for Jirachi next week. I'm also going to start paying more attention to Turtwig once I get to Dialga. Good luck everyone.

Edit: I'm too impatient. I'm no longer searching for a Modest Synchronize Kadabra or Abra. I'll just trade for one over Wi-Fi when I get back to my house (did I mention that I was at my cousin's house?). Until then, I'm soft resetting for a shiny Cranidos on Diamond, and I'm still going for Latias on Emerald.

Last edited:

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Shido: He doesn't own an AR or GS or any sort of cheating device, and he promises that he didn't even access the game, he only had it in teh DS to catch Growlithe on his Pearl. I'm absolutely positive that this is a glitch, cause there's no way he could've (this person is trusted).

If I'm wrong, I'm going to be ticked, because that would mean that I'd have to freaking restart stupid FR and get all the way to where I am AND win all those coins so I can reset for it ONE at a time. ><

Anyways, got 200 more resets (201 actually) in for Scyther just now, still nothing but a lot of good IV Scythers.

Almost got Badge #7 in Diamond...

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
No you don't. Just buy two Scythers and save. ;)

I'm not feeling motivated enough to do the SHC cards just yet, but they'll get done at some point in time. I may as well address some points here:

Just curious, MM, why did you remove shiny Skarmory from my Trainer Card?
You never requested one originally. o__o

Hey MM, I'm here for my Trainer card, but can I have it list only my D/P Shinies?
It would be more organized for me.
Dialga, Ditto, Cresselia, Vespiquen, Umbreon, and hopefully soon, Rotom.
I need a complete request.

The rest are okay and will get done. Eventually. o__o

11711 Dialgas. Palindrome time again! Now they only come every 1010 resets usually.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I just had a brilliant idea.

I used to have a shiny stantler on pokemon emerald, now this stantler was slightly more special than my others because it was off pokemon colosseum, now one day when i tried to trade it to another game so i could restart emerald my gba froze, and when i turned the gba off and back on again, my file was gona and so was stantler.

Therefore i have decided to chain stantler on pearl until i get a new stantler, wish me luck guys.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
I've been doing some thinking and decided to put the Slowpoke hunt on hold for now and hunt my other future wall: Tangela. Since it is a swarming pokemon it will be a lot harder for the chain to break, and thus, I should have it a lot quicker than if I was still hunting Slowpoke. I'm determined to get a wall then battle 3-on-3 before I go back to school next week.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
No you don't. Just buy two Scythers and save. ;)
Aw man, do I have to? I didn't use a cheat, I don't even know how this happened, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't cheated. It's not my fault, so why do I have to cut my chances per reset down to 1/3 of what I was doing?

No progress on anything due this problem... -_-

<I>Kobra<I>

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
What happened to the Trainer Card sub-forum?

I've been soft resetting for Dialga, Latias, and Turtwig for the whole day, and it'll continue to be that way for a while. As you all know, I'll start resetting for Jirachi next week. Good luck, everyone.

Years
Aw man, do I have to? I didn't use a cheat, I don't even know how this happened, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't cheated. It's not my fault, so why do I have to cut my chances per reset down to 1/3 of what I was doing?

No progress on anything due this problem... -_-

<I>Kobra<I>
It's the same as buying a used game with hundreds of master balls and many hacked shinies on it. Just because you didn't do the hacking doesn't make the spoils legitimate.

What happened to the Trainer Card sub-forum?

I've been soft resetting for Dialga, Latias, and Turtwig for the whole day, and it'll continue to be that way for a while. As you all know, I'll start resetting for Jirachi next week. Good luck, everyone.
I have the thread bookmarked. It's in The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussion > Art Gallery > Pixel Art > Pixel Projects.

12077 Dialgas. Way past my last benchmark of 115xx. My next benchmark is the 90th percentile at 18862.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey all. Lol congrats DarkParukia on the shiny houndoom! Heh its my 9th day of SRing for Dialga. I've got around 4600Srs for it so far. Lol MM has me thinking this one will take a really long time to get x___x I'm also Sring for Moltres on my LG and Chimchar on Pearl, but since it takes so long to do one SR for it, I'm only doing it once in a while. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!!

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
After much soul-searching on serebii.net, taking into consideration Defences, HP, Popularity, and moves, I have come to realise what the best physical wall would be for my shiny team. And once I find my copy of Emerald, I will begin hunting the Blue Flying Scorpion.

Back