• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I agree about Crunch it makes more sense. Thank you.

Question 2: If I gave a POKeMON of mine a berry of any type, and he/she ate it within Battle Tower, does that mean he's/she's permanently consumed it, or will he/she still have it once we exit the Tower?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I agree about Crunch it makes more sense. Thank you.

Question 2: If I gave a POKeMON of mine a berry of any type, and he/she ate it within Battle Tower, does that mean he's/she's permanently consumed it, or will he/she still have it once we exit the Tower?

The berry will be restored after each battle and when you exit the Tower.

Years
Hiya.

Erm I don't fully understand the 'poke'radar chaining' method. could someone lead my to a very detailed explainationed webpage or explain it to me please. I'e tried chaning and I've read up on the rules but I just can't seem to do it. Please help me.

Lexi.

Ps. If this is posted in the wrong section I m sorry, it wasn't intentional.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Upon completing the Sinnoh Dex, Professor Oak will provide you with a nifty little device known as the PokeRadar. Simply put, this handy tool allows one to effectively identify spots where wild pokemon will appear. So if one were to walk into a meadow of grass and use the pokeRadar, patches of grass will shake, indicating wild pokemon will appear if one were to walk there.

Now chaining, is a fantastic way of obtaining shiny pokemon in DPPt, apart from breeding and being plain lucky. Although it is possible to encounter shiny pokemon whenever you use the PokeRadar, when you chain the odds of encourntering shiny pokemon increase. Usually, chaining is defeating the same species of pokemon in succession (in a row). If one successfully 'chains' or defeats around 40 of that species in a row, then the odds of finding shinies become MUCH greater.

If you'd like any other info, I'd highly recommend you check out this link: http://pkmn.net/?action=content&page=viewpage&id=8539

c:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Is there any benefit to have a BUNEARY in your main battle team in DPPt?

With any Pokemon one it's on their team they'll experience both a positive impact and a negative one. I personally used a buneary for one of my run throughs (which it eventually evolved into lopunny) and it was a great asset to the team. Although some might say it has a horrible move pool -- and yes thatay be so, I never had an issue with it.

(I'll input are more detailed response when I get back from school, since I'm on my iPod atm)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Is there any benefit to have a BUNEARY in your main battle team in DPPt?

Buneary's negative traits outweigh its positive ones, tbh. ;( Its evolution method is happiness, which can get really annoying, since it's really frail it will probably be KO'd a lot, meaning it will resent you more than love you. It and Lopunny do not really have good base stats, they have good speed boasting a base 86 and 105 respectively but outside of that they have nothing really. Lopunny has a nice base 96 special defense which could be nice? They also lack a good movepool. Whilst they do have a large movepool it mostly consists of special attacks that aren't really gonna do much coming of a base 54 stat. Whilst it does have those negatives piled up against it, it does have a few worthy positives such as moves like Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Strength, Bounce, Jump Kick, Baton Pass, Mirror Coat and Magic Coat which can all come in handy. And previously mentioned Lopunny has respectable speed and special defense.

It does though, all boil down to your preferences. In my opinion I wouldn't use Lopunny. I'd rather use something that had a lot of power such as Staraptor. n_n

T!M

Years

Buneary's negative traits outweigh its positive ones, tbh. ;( Its evolution method is happiness, which can get really annoying, since it's really frail it will probably be KO'd a lot, meaning it will resent you more than love you. It and Lopunny do not really have good base stats, they have good speed boasting a base 86 and 105 respectively but outside of that they have nothing really. Lopunny has a nice base 96 special defense which could be nice? They also lack a good movepool. Whilst they do have a large movepool it mostly consists of special attacks that aren't really gonna do much coming of a base 54 stat. Whilst it does have those negatives piled up against it, it does have a few worthy positives such as moves like Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Strength, Bounce, Jump Kick, Baton Pass, Mirror Coat and Magic Coat which can all come in handy. And previously mentioned Lopunny has respectable speed and special defense.

It does though, all boil down to your preferences. In my opinion I wouldn't use Lopunny. I'd rather use something that had a lot of power such as Staraptor. n_n

It's alright, I've already decided to rid myself of BUNEARY, he was locked in a box.

Another quarry, I have penny pinched for about 2 weeks now. And I'm buying another DS. Before I do, I need to know, it is possible to trade between DDPt and HGSS, right?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's alright, I've already decided to rid myself of BUNEARY, he was locked in a box.

Another quarry, I have penny pinched for about 2 weeks now. And I'm buying another DS. Before I do, I need to know, it is possible to trade between DDPt and HGSS, right?

Yes, it's possible to trade between D/P/Pt and HG/SS. You could even do it before you get the National Dex in either game (but the Pokedex numbers for some Pokemon in each game may be replaced with "???")

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
I Have a big problem!
When i play HG i beated "Kanto" and "Johto", i got my "Pal Pad", but when im in the start menu for the game trying to put internet information.. theres is no advance setup? and when i try to use "Accses Range" or whatever it called its say "Not supported"?, how can i get my FC now?

No help?
Please i gotta trade pokes!
:\

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Setting up Wifi on a Ds really isn't that hard.

Go to set up Wifi > Click on the first option that will say 'none' > Press 'Search For An Access Point', This will bring up a list of connections that your Ds has found, click yours > if it is a locked connection, enter your WEP key > make sure everything has been entered, if you did it right so far everything will be entered already, make sure the Ip address option is set to 'yes > test connection to see if it's connected, it should be.

You can now retrieve your friend code and begin trading. n_n

T!M

Years
Weird question guys, but... does anyone have any idea where Fantina is from or supposedly from. I want to say a POKeMON variation of France, but I'm not entirely sure. Purely a fan based question.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Well, I'd definitely say she's orignated from France or has french parents, or some sort of striek of french. It's quite obvious though due to her accent, but not too sure exactly where she may have been born or raised. I'm guessing Sinnoh and she just was born with her french accent.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Which Game?

Hi,
I'm going to buy a Pokémon game for DS soon, but I dont know which one to choose(I already have Black) :) Before I bought my DSi this year, I bought Crystal to play on my GBA(I am about half way through). Heart Gold and Soul Silver look very good, especially with all the new features and the pokewalker, they look a lot better than Crystal, but is it worth buying a remake? Or shall I buy Platinum, which I dont really know anything about?
What do you suggest?

T!M

Years
HGSS are very good games, they have much content where as Platinum offers very little post-game entertainment.

Also, I was never a fan of Platinum, I would recommend Diamond or Pearl instead.

But if you want a good time, call 1-800-SoulSilver (Don't call this number.)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
HGSS are very good games, they have much content where as Platinum offers very little post-game entertainment.

Also, I was never a fan of Platinum, I would recommend Diamond or Pearl instead.
Have to disagree; Platinum is a revamped version of Diamond Pearl with a longer story, more features (Battle Frontier and wifi minigames for instance) and fixed bits of DP (e.g. the very slow surfing speed). As for postgame content... both HGSS and Platinum offer a lot (HGSS arguably offers more though). Sure, one may not be to your tastes but let's go through the main stuff they offer besides the main story.

Platinum - refightable gym leaders, extra island with multiple routes, Battle Frontier, Super Contests, pokerader, wifi minigames, Safari Zone (Great Marsh), Game Corner.
HGSS - second region (bigger than Platinum's Battle Island by far, but beating Johto is a bit shorter than beating Platinum's story), Pokeathlon, PokeWalker, Safari Zone, Battle Frontier, Voltorb Flip, rebattleable gym leaders.

That said I personally do prefer HGSS, but Platinum was also enjoyable imo (but certainly I think the majority would recommend Platinum over Diamond and Pearl; I don't see much advantage with a game with less to do in it and more problems. If you liked Crystal you'll enjoy HGSS though.

Also going to merge with the Help thread as that's where questions belong.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hi,
I'm going to buy a Pokémon game for DS soon, but I dont know which one to choose(I already have Black) :) Before I bought my DSi this year, I bought Crystal to play on my GBA(I am about half way through). Heart Gold and Soul Silver look very good, especially with all the new features and the pokewalker, they look a lot better than Crystal, but is it worth buying a remake? Or shall I buy Platinum, which I dont really know anything about?
What do you suggest?

Mostly what I was about to say bobandbill already mentioned. But my key advice would be to stick with your gut. Although it's great to take risks, this one, even with Platinum and HGSS being extremely great games, sticking with what you've experience before and what you've had fun with in the past would be the prime option. HGSS, would be my personal choice, even with Platnium's added content, HGSS has far more to offer. Plus it's got the follow me feature which I think almost everyone who's played the game loves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back