• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Matzeho: your team is Sealeo, Breloom, Anorith, Banette, Xatu and Flareon. Let me know if anything doesn't work.

OK, here goes:

Name: Da_Man32
Game: Pokemon Manly Pink (that's Unova dex)
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFE's: No
Restrictions: Only gen 5 pokemon.

Years
Well the team isn't bad but i asked for a fully evolved team
Should I evolve the NFEs or can I reroll?

Da-Man 32
Do you only want Unova Pokes?
If yes you get : Watchog, Excadrill, Reuniclus, Hydreigon, Samurott, Zebrstrika
If no you get: Alakazam, Shuckle, Noctowl, Sceptile, Emboar, Magnezone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Evolve them, sorry about that. I read what you said but accidentally hit the wrong option in the generator.

Yes, only Unova pokes. The first team will do it, thanks.

Years
actually, i kinda would like i better team now that i think about it, some could stay but like at least change Slakoth and Shedinja

Sorry, you have to keep Shedinja, but evolve Slakoth as to go with your no NFEs restriction. Don't take the Pokemon Matzeho gave you and please guys, read the Rules in the first post before saying these things

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_BW_Nursery_Aide.png

Nursery Aide Raeanne
White
50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png

164.gif

Kaepora lv. 30 @ Amulet Coin
Keen Eye | Serious
[ Confusion, Peck, Hypnosis, Uproar ]

084.gif

Karla lv. 30 @ Eviolite
Early Bird | Hasty
[ Quick Attack, Thief, Peck, Acupressure ]

428.gif

Harley lv. 30 @ Charcoal
Cute Charm | Adamant
[ ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Sky Uppercut ]

340.gif

Bobby lv. 31 @ Soft Sand
Oblivious | Sassy
[ Magnitude, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Water Pulse ]

436.gif

For Whom lv. 1 @ Exp Share
Levitate | Hasty
[ Confusion, Gyro Ball, Trick Room ]

548.png

Pwoof

Training Bobby was kind of difficult even though route 4 and Desert Resort should have been easy for him. Either way, we managed. I got my other three Pokemon to level 30 and soloed Elesa's gym with Bobby. He evolved after the battle with the last gym trainer and did flawlessly against Elesa. She and her Volt Switch didn't stand a chance! After that, I grabbed For Whom the Bronzor out of the PC, so now it's time to catch him up to the rest of the team and proceed onwards to Driftveil City! Does anyone get the reference in Bronzor's name? It will make more sense when it evolves, if that helps. ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
^ No, I don't get it... :-/

Anyway, let's do this!

First things first, I fully confirm my team. Not sure if I did it formally enough the first time.

Now, a quick intro to my game of choice. Pokemon Manly Pink is a FR hack with only Unova Pokemon (before obtaining the National Pokedex). The starters are Snivy, Oshawott and Pokabu. You can fight N and Bianca (named Belle in this) throughout the story as well as your rival and... you know what? Let's just start this thing already.

OK, so:

- I'm a boy named Kay, my rival's name is Tyler.

- picked Oshawott, as Samurott is a required member of my team.

- Oshawott is a Docile female. I... didn't do it on purpose, I swear.

- nicknamed Oshawott Gwen. Gwen kicked Snivy's ass. I'm in love with her already.

- Pokedex, Oak's old bones, he wants us to spend our youths fulfilling his dreams. Excellent fable, countryman.

- I made out with Tyler's sister and got the Town Map from her.

- in the Viridian Pokemon Mart, there's a lady giving you a Zorua egg. THAT'S RIGHT. A ZORUA EGG. BEFORE VIRIDIAN FOREST, *****ES. However, it's not a member of my assigned team, so I boxed it.

- instead, I caught myself a Patrat. Wanted to name it redeyesofdoom, but settled for Meeko (you know, after that incredibly annoying animal from the Pocachontas movies).

I have never in my life used a Patrat, so this is going to be interesting. It does get a useful combination, namely Hypnosis-Work Up-Baton Pass. But I don't know if the hacked moves are exactly the same as the Bulbapedia moves, so...

- Anyway, there are Blitzles in the route before the Pokemon league (love how half of my team is available so early) so I went there and caught a Naughty male one which immediately showed interest in Gwen. -ahem- I named the Blitzle Zazebra.

- Defeated Tyler, but it was too close. Two of my Pokemon fainted to his Snivy. It was actually Meeko who saved the day (not having any type disadvantage or the problem of Snivy resisting his attacks). Can't wait to teach Blitzle Flame Charge (which is Flame Wheel in this version, I think.)

- Useless how-to-catch-a-Pokemon tutorial.

- Viridian Forest!

- Freebie Lucky Egg!

- While training in Viridian Forest, I actually -lost- a battle there, not to a trainer,
but to a wild Pokemon: a lv 8 Durant (yes, there are Durants in Viridian Forest).

- In the end, after healing and pulling our levels up a little, we approach the end of Viridan Forest, where we are stopped by... none other than N, THE KING OF TEAM PLASMA HIMSELF. He chats for a while about how he wants Pokemon and people to coexist happily, and then challenges us to a battle :-/. He has a Vanillite and a Zorua; his Pokemon are holding Lum Berries, and he uses godforsaken Hyper Potions and Full Heals. We haven't even tackled the godforsaken first gym yet! (The battle is actually really simple if you have a fighting type, and there are Timburrs just before Vidirian Forest.)

- Pewter City!

- Save. The Pewter City gym is really weird in this version, and I'm a bit worried about a particular Pokemon in it, so I'm grinding for a while.

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I'd like to give this a shot! ^-^

Name: waveguidebuizel
Game: Emerald
Restrictions: None!

Well, I signed up for this forever ago, so it's about time I actually get somewhere with this, huh? Update #1 puts me at two badges currently:
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Sydian, For Whom the Bells Toll?

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Name: Monogito
Game: Gold
Number of Pokemon: 3
Restrictions:
  • All unevolved
  • All of the same type

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_BW_Nursery_Aide.png

Nursery Aide Raeanne
White
50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png

164.gif

Kaepora ♂ lv. 31 @ Amulet Coin
Keen Eye | Serious
[ Confusion, Peck, Hypnosis, Uproar ]

085f.gif

Karla ♀ lv. 31 @ Scope Lens
Early Bird | Hasty
[ Quick Attack, Thief, Peck, Acupressure ]

428.gif

Harley ♀ lv. 32 @ Charcoal
Cute Charm | Adamant
[ ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Sky Uppercut ]

340.gif

Bobby ♂ lv. 32 @ Soft Sand
Oblivious | Sassy
[ Magnitude, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Water Pulse ]

436.gif

For Whom lv. 31 @ Rocky Helmet
Levitate | Hasty
[ Hypnosis, Gyro Ball, Extrasensory, Confuse Ray ]

302.gif

Ventispook ♂ lv. 1 @ Exp Share
Stall | Brave
[ Scratch, Recover, Thief, Will-O-Wisp ]

To anyone that guessed For Whom the Bell Tolls, you were correct! Anyway, it took a long time to get For Whom to catch up, and it still kinda...sucks lol. Hopefully things will get better when it evolves. Speaking of evolving, Karla finally evolved into Dodrio, which is great cause I was tired of her taking so many bad hits. I completed the Cold Storage with no help from Cheren and his lazy self. After getting my whole team to 31, I went on to fight Clay. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't particularly easy either. Either way, we got the Quake Badge and have added our final party member to the team, Ventispook the Sableye. The reference in his name is more for myself however, as he's named after my first Sableye in Sapphire in 2003. Hopefully it won't be hard to catch him up as it was with For Whom. Onward to Chargestone Cav-- awww damn! :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Hey :) here is my sign up
im actualy new in this thing of challenges, so i will try this one first

Name: eternal_tz
Game: Fire red
Restrictions: fully evolved please

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
yours are: Tentacruel, golem, magmar, vileplume, rapidash, snorlax

Name: cy3ry2