• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Mira Cullous      Nel Phelia

Team JSMN
A Battle of Disproportionate Proportions

"That was pretty exciting, huh?" Nel said with a smile, taking her seat beside Sahn once more. "I was kinda nervous about it, but they both managed to fight without killing each other. I wonder who gets to fight next? Do you think it'll be as exciting?"

Sahn shrugged. "I've never enjoyed watching fights." she said, watching Jairo and Mira as they made their way back to their seats, with Jairo silently pushing through Mira to sit on Sahn's side. "You two going to be fine?" the latter asked.

"Yeah, we're good." Mira smiled weakly. "Certainly an interesting fight."

"It was really cool!" Nel encouraged, giving both Mira and Jairo a rather bright grin. "You both are really strong. It kept going back and forth and everything! I wish I was half as strong as you two!"

Jairo crossed all four of his arms and spat at the ground, ignoring Nel's comment. Sahn rested her hand on his non-injured shoulder. She leaned slightly towards Nel. "Try avoiding mentioning the fight for a while." she whispered.

Nel glanced between the two siblings before nodding at Sahn's request. She could tell Jairo was a bit sore after losing the battle, though not just in the physical sense.

Meanwhile, Bullrush seemed to be discussing something with his assistant, though it was impossible to hear due to the all of the noise in the classroom. Soon after, both nodded, and he began shouting instructions through his loudspeaker. "Alright, settle down! We're done evaluating the first fight, now we'll be picking the next two participants! WHO'S HYPED?!" he asked, and the students replied with a loud cheer. "Carla, if you may." the bull faunus instructed.

The deer faunus looked through the crowd, her eyes appearing to literally scan the students one by one. A few seconds later, she leaned over to Bullrush and whispered two names in his ear. "All right, could ah, Phel- oh, my bad- Nel Phelia and ah, Kab- Kar- what was his name... ah, screw it. Snake kid and bird kid, show your faces! LET'S GET MOVING!" he shouted, the sheer volume of his voice causing the loudpeaker to crackle with feedback. It was strange that his assistant somehow knew their names and appearances without even asking.

Nel froze as she turned her attention towards the two instructors. As if to make sure she heard him right, she glanced between all three of her teammates and then pointed at herself. "M-Me...?"

"Go on!" Mira ushered her on. "It's fun as long as you don't die." she added, coughing. "Aura heals most wounds anyway."

Nel looked over at Mira and gave her an unsure nod as she made her way down to where the fight was to take place. Feeling every students' eye on her made her stomach start twisting in knots. She soon found herself standing in front of the two teachers, giving both a quick wave.

"Nel Phelia, reporting for battle!" she said, giving both a quick grin and a quick salute despite her nervousness.

"I like your enthusiasm, kid!" Bullrush laughed heartily and smacked Nel in the back, knocking the wind out of her. "NOW GO GET 'EM!" the burly wrestler added before stepping out of the stage and leaving it to the fighters.

As he did so, Nel's opponent appeared before her. A mostly average-looking character; moderately tall, dark hair, well-toned but not heavily muscled. He carried a large club, and on his neck and cheeks were a few pale scales, meaning that he was some sort of snake faunus. He was also carrying a sort of flask, which he occasionally took a few swigs from. "Nel Ph... hold up, that ain't right... Kab the snake dude battling for report..!" he bumbled, waving at the two professors while swaying from side to side.

Nel gave Kab a curious look. It looked as though something about him was a bit off. Still, she decided to put her best foot forward and introduce herself properly. After all, it was what her mother taught her to do. She extended her hand towards he snake Faunus, offering him a hardy handshake. "Nice to meet you, I'm Nel Phelia! I hope we have a good fight, yeah?"

Kab extended his left hand for the handshake, before retracting it at the last second. "Wait, wait wait wait... you -hic- hear that?" he mumbled, looking around.

"No...?" Nel replied, looking around. She frowned slightly, turning her focus back onto Kab. "W-What is it?"

The snake faunus motioned for her to get closer. "That's the sound of me whoopin' your sorry ass." he murmured, dead serious. He threw his head back and laughed, spilling some of his drink as he tried to take another swig.

Nel rubbed the back of her head. A small pout forming across her lips as she looked away from Kab. "I didn't hear anything..."

"Three..." Professor Bullrush began counting down. "Two... One... GET PUNCHIN'!"

Nel took a deep breath as she reached down to the belt around her waist, pulling off two circular blades. She had practiced with their handling, sure, but the hawk Faunus had never actually had a situation where she actually had to use her dual chakram before. Nel quickly lept off her feet, running towards her opponent, and swiped one of the blades in his direction. It was not exactly the most cunning of attacks, but Nel was sure it was an okay tactic to initiate with. Probably.

Easily blocking the slash with his club, Kabrok deflected the blade and swung his weapon in an attempt to disarm Nel. Nel staggered backwards in surprise with how quickly he managed to deflect her attack. The short girl quickly fell to the ground, planning to take another swing at him by aiming at his legs this time. Kab was obviously much too tall to be tripped by a single swing, but the impact of the two weapons as he blocked the attack again was enough to make him lose his balance.

Seeing that Kabrok was about to fall over, Nel quickly jumped back up to her feet to take advantage of the situation. And she decided to do it by the most fantastic way she could think of as well. Without any warning at all, Nel quickly gave him a forceful, yet simple shove. Kabrok fell to the ground, his flask spilling a sizable amount of drink on the floor. He took another swig before getting back up.

"Ugh, you're not my type. Too shove-y." he said, his speech almost incomprehensible under the influence of alcohol. "I'd apologize for this, but... eh." He shot towards Nel at a shockingly high speed, his club aimed at her face.

"Wha-" was all Nel had time to get out of her mouth before Kab's club slammed right in the poor girl's face. She was hit with enough force to literally go flying up into the air, before sailing back a bit slamming hard right into the ground in a rather crumpled looking heap. Nel groaned in pain as she laid on the ground, her arms shaking as she tried to push herself back up to her feet. Mere seconds later, she glanced up as a dozen spherical projectiles flew in her direction, their fuses all sparked.

Nel's eyes widened as the bombs quickly sailed in her direction. Cursing under her breath, the hawk Faunus quickly forced herself off the ground and out of the way of the "bombs" through a quick blast of wind. It was just enough to cause Kab's attack to miss their intended target, much to Nel's joy. Unfortunately, the sudden dodge was not exactly planned for, so her landing was not as graceful as she might have hoped for. It was at that point that she finally realized the rather coppery-taste in her mouth... as well as something wiggling inside of her mouth. Taking a moment, Nel quickly spat at the ground. She cringed a bit as she noticed a small pool of blood with what she was fairly certain was one of her teeth sitting in the middle of it all.

The crowd of students winced at the sight of the tooth. Sitting in the front row with Jairo and Sahn, Mira was biting her nails nervously. "She isn't doing too well..." she muttered, turning to Sahn. The bulky spider faunus crossed her arms and sighed. Jairo didn't seem to be paying much attention to what was going on, just muttering curses under his breath every time he moved his shoulder.

"H-Hey! He just tried to blow me up!" Nel exclaimed towards the instructors. "Isn't that like, against the rules or something?"

Professor Bullrush laughed, looking back at his assistant as if Nel had just made a hilarious joke. "Good one, kid! The more explosive, the better! Guess you could say he..."

"Blew us all away... Hey, that was pretty good!" Nel exclaimed, sharing a laugh with Bullrush. Her moment of rest was short-lived, however. Getting more and more violent the drunker he got, Kab was beginning to go on the offensive, aiming the club for Nel's midsection this time. A loud "oof" echoed through the room as Nel crouched over in pain, holding her stomach. Her legs were shaking, as if trying everything in their power to keep her from falling over flat on her face. "H-Hey... that was kinda rude, ya know?"

Kab chuckled and grabbed Nel's chin, lifting her a little. "Like -hic- hell it was." he momentarily put his weapon down and took a swig of his drink once more. He picked up his club. "Time for a -hic- home run!" he let go of Nel's head and grabbed his weapon with both hands, ready to knock the daylights out of her.

Nel grabbed hold of her chakram tightly. Moving quickly, Nel summoned all her strength to jump back and away from Kab's club. A small smile quickly formed across her lips as she leaned back, tossing one of her chakram in the direction of her opponent. The ring-blade flew towards her opponent, but it seemed to miss the target. Rather than slicing at Kab, it flew a bit low and just brushed by the side of his waist. At least, that's what it looked like... until the sound of a jug shattering on the ground echoed through the room.

"I'm cuttin' ya off," Nel said, with a smirk. "Time to pay the tab~"

Kabrok raised an eyebrow, having been much too tipsy to even notice that his drink was gone. "Heh, and they say I say weird sh-" he began, reaching for his drink once more. After a few moments of patting his belt in confusion, the truth hit him. He looked at Nel, fuming. "Oh, you've done it now, b****." he muttered.

"Why? Can't fight without booze?" Nel questioned. "I think you might have a problem..." Her voice trailed off as she saw what the snake faunus meant. It started slowly at first, but with every step he took in her direction her already tall opponent was getting bigger and bigger, and his club along with him. Kabrok smashed his club down at Nel, both the weapon and it's owner still growing in size. Though the hawk Faunus was just barely able to dodge the smash, the force was enough to knock her back and away from Kab. Nel slowly took a step back, her eyes never leaving the form of her now much taller opponent. "W-Well... A-Aren't you a big boy..."

o2wriYK.png

Bullrush grinned as his eyes flashed and he snapped his fingers. Carla looked at him, confused. "Sir? You disabled the-"

"Hush, Carla. We ain't supposed to 'hinder' students' learning, are we?" the bull faunus turned back to the crowd of students and continued his ever-enticing commentary.

"Did he just turn off the forcefield? Why?" Mira turned to Sahn as she noticed the web that Jairo had stuck to the invisible wall earlier had now fallen to he ground. Sahn stayed silent once more, shrugging and shaking her head.

Meanwhile, Kabrok was continuing to grow in size, his head almost touching the class's ceiling now. He roared angrily and lifted his foot, stomping down at Nel.

The force of the ground shaking around Nel was enough to cause the hawk Faunus to finally fall flat on her face. She really was not sure how either of her teachers managed to stay standing, but Nel knew she did not have the time to question such things at the moment. She tried to pick herself back off the ground, but the loss of balance caused by the small quake was making that a bit more difficult than it needed to be. Giving her no time to recover, Kabrok stomped his other foot in her direction, sending another shockwave her way. This was followed by another smash of his club, and the latter was now big enough to probably break every bone in her body if it hit hard enough.

Nel tried to move as quickly as she could, but the shockwave did its part to keep her balance at a less than optimal level. With no other option, the much shorter of the two Faunus quickly did her best to roll out of the way. Luckily for her, most of the club missed its intended target. Unluckily for her, some of it did not. A sharp, pain filled scream filled the room as Kabrok's club slammed down into Nel's left leg. And while most may not have been able to hear it over the sounds of the floor rumbling and Nel's screams of pain, the hawk girl did manage to hear something that distinctively sounded like a snap and crack.

The whole room fell silent. Bullrush looked at his assistant; she shook her head. "Keep going until you give up." he said sternly, frowning and crossing his arms.

The room erupted with protests. "This is madness! End this right now!" Mira screamed at the two instructors, wincing in pain and clutching her injured side. "She's clearly out, she can't surrender! That drunk f***er's gonna kill her!" she tried to hop over the edge of the barrier, but was pulled back by Sahn. On the other hand, Jairo was apparently paying some kind of attention to the fight now, his fists clenched in frustration. "Get back up." he muttered between his teeth. "Get back up."

Kabrok laughed and picked up Nel by her now clearly broken leg, leveling her to his face. "You dead?" he asked jokingly, poking her. "Can't... -hic- give up, you little ****?"

Nel winced from the pain, dangling in the air as she stared directly into Kabrok's massive, gloating face. Her brain was practically screaming at her to accept defeat and give up. Yet, despite it all, Nel remained silent to his question at first. Slowly, the smile somehow managed to return to her lips. "Mom t-taught me that q-quitters don't win..."

In a rather surprising move, Nel opened her hands and released both of her chakram blades. The metal rings fell to the ground with an echoing clang, now leaving the girl unarmed against her massive opponent. "Heh... H-Hope you don't mind me breezing through this fight..."

Despite his size, Kabrok was able to feel a small breeze starting to flow around the duo. It started off slow at first, almost as if it was a relaxing burst of fresh air that one might use to cool off with on a hot, summer's day. However, it did not take long for the breeze to start picking up in intensity. In fact, one might say it had a rather sharp feeling to it. Then, just as soon as the breeze had started, it stopped. Nel gave Kab a small chuckle, giving the giant snake a smile that gave him perfect view of her now-missing tooth.

"Sorry 'bout this," she whispered.

The hawk Faunus shot both of her hands forward at Kabrok. It was at that moment that it all came back. The cool, crisp air started to gust forward from the palms of Nel's hands. However, it was not as refreshing as it once was. It came bursting from her hands as a sharp, razor-like force. Kabrok, or anyone else with an extremely keen-eye, would be bound to notice that the blast of air had a faintly visible shape, almost as if it was resembling two curved blades. And these blades of air wasted no time in slicing upward at Kab, right through his massive, glaring eyes.

The room was filled with the bloodcurdling scream of Kabrok covering his eyes as blood splattered all over the two fighters. And yet, the counter attack of Nel Phelia's was still not finished. As if called by the wind themselves, the blades were lifted back up to the hawk's hands. The smile on her face somehow grew even more as she gripped one of the blades tightly, swinging it at Kabrok for all she was worth. The ring sliced across the side of the giant's throat, gushing out more of the crimson liquid at Nel... who honestly seemed to look quite delighted with herself and her retaliation against Kab.

It didn't take long for the snake faunus to fall over and slowly revert to his normal size, letting go of Nel and dropping her to the ground. The other students looked in horror as Kab lay on the ground, clutching his eye and neck all while bleeding profusely and trembling from the pain. Mira clasped her hand over her mouth in shock and even Sahn herself looked horrified. The only one who wasn't wearing the same expression as everyone was Jairo, whose smile was as wide as Nel's.

The smile never left the girl's face as she fell towards the ground, her rings once more fell out of her hands, both hitting the floor once more and landing on top of one another. With one final push of air, Nel managed to flip herself back over as she fell. This caused her to land on her feet as opposed to her head, but the sudden burst of pain from landing on her now broken leg sent another scream of pain echoing out through the room. It only took a moment for Nel to fall forward, the sharp wave pain causing the girl to finally pass out.

Bullrush didn't even need to consult his assistant this time.. The battle was over. Without commentating on the who the winner was, he pulled out a small device and spoke a few instructions into it. Moments later four men with a couple of stretchers appeared, and Nel and Kabrok were put in them, the latter still whimpering in agony as one of the medics put pressure on his throat. One of them stopped Mira and Sahn as they tried to approach their teammate.

"They'll be fine. Please, return to your seats."

"But we-" Mira began to protest. Sahn put her hand on her shoulder and motioned to the seats behind them. The owl faunus reluctantly followed her back to her seat. As they sat down, Jairo got up. "I'll go." he said.

"You sure?" Sahn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They wouldn't let us see either of them." Mira added, looking back as the two wounded fighters were taken away.

"I've got my ways." Jairo responded calmly.

A few more moments of silence later, after the medics had left the room, the burly combat teacher broke the silence. "Now THAT, is what I want your fights to be like!" he said enthusiastically, "Who wants to go next?"

A joint post of Foxrally and Frozen Heart

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
feg6ceb.png

fogtwono5.regular.png

bTYII0L.png
completely-nonsense.regular.png

Tenerus walked down the hallways with a somewhat confident grin plastered on his face. His first lesson, despite being drawn into the spotlight so early, had gone miraculously well. He couldn't help but wear a confident grin plastered across his face. One that a few other students gave him a cautious look for. He had to wonder, had his teammates been at lessons as well? He hadn't met any of them along the way, so he had to wonder who they were and what they were like... hmm...

Wait a moment, hadn't his new "mentor" provided him with just the tool to discover the answer? He reached into his pocket and pulled out the parchment he had been handed earlier. It seemed like a rather primitive way of giving information even by his standards. He couldn't deny its effectiveness however.

He unraveled it slowly and read down the list of three names that he has been grouped with.

"Sullivan Kruxheart"

"Liara Daphone"

"Lucinda Teras"

Designation: Team STLL​

STLL... as in, steel? How fitting he supposed, considering his preference to using a raw weapon and his semblance over dust of any kind. Did it somehow fit the other members as well? He walked down the hallways from before, lined with various doorways and rooms. He moved his hand to the handle of his own when he froze... a crash had come from the other side of the entryway. His heart skipped a beat, was there already some form of attack?! He knew such things were common on the grounds of The Faunus Academy, could it be that they persisted in beacon as well?!

He quickly swung the door open in a panic, his weapon drawn and at the ready to strike...

But there was no fighting beyond the door. Two girls sat quietly on beds near the door to the room. One of them had piercing sapphire hair and looked upon Tenerus with a wide-eyed expression. She didn't seem scared per say, just rightfully shocked. The other girl had dark green hair and a strange sort of oriental make-up, her expression was almost entirely blank apart from the faint hint of curiosity brought upon by her slight tilt of the head.

On the floor, laying face down in the center of the room, was another young man... he seemed to have fallen perhaps... or tripped over something, thought the floor was barren apart from him.

"Geez ladies... I thought my falling flat on my face would've at least gotten some laughs, way to make it seem totally shame- fuwaaaah! What the?! Big guy with a big sword?!"

Tenerus blinked a few times as he began to realize the situation at hand. He slowly slid his sword back into the sheath mounted on his back and felt a very slight flush break across his face... being partially cold-blooded was useful as even in the most embarrassing of situations, this was the worst reaction he could give.

"Oh ehm... my apologies... I was just coming in and all I heard was a crash so..."

The quiet girl on the bed parted her lips gently and gave a slight nod as she spoke very quietly, yet still somehow audibly enough so that her voice was heard.

"Tenerus... Stone."

The boy on the ground widened his eyes in realization and stood up from the floor with a grin. He brushed down his fairly unassuming clothes with both gloved hands and approached the taller man with an extended hand.

"Luci here is probably right yeah! You're Tenerus right? Tenerus Stone? We've been waiting for you! We're your new Teammates!"

The blue haired girl stood slowly from the bed and walked towards Tenerus with her arms crossed and a quizical expression. There was a slight pout on her lips as she looked him up and down with the air of condescendence and judgment one would expect to get from some higher class citizen addressing a street rat.

"You're rather a bit more gung-ho than I would've liked to imagine. Do you always draw your sword in a panic at the first sign of noise or danger?"

Tenerus looked away awkwardly before turning to the girl with a bit of annoyance.

"That'd be a no... Miss Liara."

Liara felt her eyes widen at the sudden mentioned of her name and she opened her mouth to ask how she knew that, Tenerus cut her off by displaying the scroll before her. "This girl here is confirmed to be Lucinda... and I doubt your name is Sullivan, now is it?"

Sullivan, the boy with the red hair raised a hand quickly with a somewhat innocent grin. "Yo, that'd be me." He was however, largely ignored in this comment. Especially by Liara, whom tightened her gaze for a moment but responded with a pompous smirk and a shrug.

"Heh, I guess you got us our team designation and all... Does that make you our leader?Mister Tenerus."

"Leader?" Tenerus questioned with a raise of the eyebrow.

Sullivan popped in again with a second comment and a jovial smile, walking further into the center of the group in order to hopefully garner more attention.

"That's right Ten buddy. I mean, we received no designation or team name or whatever... you even got some fancy scroll! So that's gotta count for something right?" Sullivan nodded and gave a sly grin, posing somewhat overdramatically and forcing his voice to go deeper so that he might be able to glorify his words. "I may have only just met you... but your stance, your attitude, your posture... and that grandiose sword! Never have I seen such a majestic leader."

Tenerus raised his hands up a little defensively before chuckling awkwardly.

"C-come now... surely this is just a coincidence."

"Tenerus... must be leader." Lucinda nodded gently with the same blank expression and quiet words, while Liara just let out a quiet sigh.

"These two are rather quick to jump to new ideas, I think; I mean I wasn't even being serious..." She pondered for a second, speaking to herself in a sort of "outer inner monologue". "Then again, she's too quiet and he's too... not... I'm too lazy to manage a bunch of weirdos either." Liara looked back up at Tenerus and shrugged before sprawling out on her bed once again, despite being so well presented with a wonderful blue ensemble and make-up done so perfectly it looked like an artisans work... she spread herself out on the bed tiredly, awkwardly and without any form of grace or elegance.

"I mean... I don't see why not. You got the designation after all, you have more claim to the role than any of us." She nods gently, pleased with her own reasoning.

Sullivan rushed forward then with a massive grin and shook Tenerus' hand quickly. He was so enthusiastic and hyped up all of a sudden. It had only been a few minutes and yet Sullivan seemed ready to put Tenerus on a pedestal... It was honestly a little intimidating and Tenerus continued to laugh awkwardly as he spoke.

"Yo! This is going to be so awesome! You've got a longsword right?! ME too! We can spar and stuff like that right? Would you mind I wanna see our new leader in action... like so bad already! And the others too I guess... I feel like Luci is going to be super awesome when we least expect it and and and... Liara too, like, maybe, I'm not sure yet though! Maybe she- ACK!"

As Sullivan continued to talk, Liara had stood up from bed again and punched him hard in the stomach causing him to topple over onto the ground with a similar crashing thud to what Tenerus had originally heard when he stepped towards the door originally. Liara growled at Sullivan whom still shuddered a little on the ground, when Tenerus felt another hand lightly tapping his shoulder.

It was Lucinda, whom stood before him with a gently smile on her face, the first real expression he had seen her make since he had arrived. "Tenerus... Nice to meet you."

Ten smiled a little genuinely without the extreme awkwardness he had been feeling mere moments before. These people were... odd... crazy, even for humans... but you know what? He kind of liked them.

"Nice to meet you too... all of you."

Miss Ova stood beside Headmaster Lans in his office and gazed down from the window high in the tower, to get a decent view of the room belonging to Tenerus Stone and Team STLL.

"Sir, when should I inform them that Stone isn't the leader... but Kruxheart was intended for the position instead?" She smirked. "Sooner rather than later? I really want to put that assuming gecko in his lowly place."

"You won't be telling them anything of the sort Miss Ova." Lans said plainly, only for Ova to open her mouth in slight shock and take a few defiant steps forward.

"This wasn't part of the plan for the boy sir." She grunted. "He's not the one we should be testing, he's an idle experiment."

Lans simply waved his hand flippantly. "Fate works in mysterious ways, they assume he is their leader... I think that perhaps this is a sign. I want to watch this twist develop. Now leave me, you know what you must do."

"But sir-"

"Go Miss Ova."

Mina Ova nodded her head slowly in respect, but growled a little under her breath. She didn't understand this decision, but she trusted Professor Lans, somehow. She'd have to wait and see how things progressed. For now, she'd just do as she was told.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Carol & Lana - Goat and Gorilla
Destiny of Sound
Level 1

The other fights went off quite quickly. Neither of the girls really cared to watch. Carol hated the thought of fighting in general, and Lana just didn't care in general. The goat faunus drifted off to sleep at one point, having a dreamless rest. She was awoken by a violent shaking as the gorilla faunus looked her over.

'We have to go. It's our turn.'

"Wha? But, I just woke up? I don't even really want to fight... teacher? Mr. Teacher sir? Can I have like, a bye or something? I don't believe in violence."

Mutters and muffled laughter escaped the rest of the student body in attendance as the teacher shook his head. "As much as you may not believe in violence, it is a constant in our everyday lives. It's unrealistic to just say you don't believe in something that is so apparent and necessary. Violence is a part of life, and here at the academy you're going to learn to protect yourself and defeat your opponents. Now get up and show the class what you can do."

Lana tugged on the arm of Carol. 'The sooner we go, the sooner it'll be over.'

She had a point. Carol sighed and rose from her seat, following the gorilla to the sparring area.

"Alright you two. Fight until you drop. Ready? Go."

Lana stood there staring at Carol, waiting for the girl to make any sort of movement. But Carol only stood there, looking at her opponent and the others in attendance.

"I really don't want to do this." Carol sighed and then sat down on the ground. Lana began to creep over and knelt down in front of her. 'Are you going try?' Carol shook her head. "I don't believe in it."

Lana looked around the arena and then grunted. She lifted her hands up over Carol's ears and began to slowly rub them. Lana closed her eyes and puckered up her lips as she rubbed the goat faunus' ears. Then, she pulled her hands away and slammed them against the girl's head. Clapping her hands hard over the girl's ears, Carol began to scream out in pain and rolled around on the ground.

"I give up! I give up! I can't do this!" Tears streamed violently down Carol's face, unable to hear her own pleas. Everything was empty and all she knew was that now Lana was dragging her across the ground by one leg. Carol screamed out harder, fearing what the girl would do next. "We were supposed to be a team! Why are you doing this to me! I thought we were friends!"

Lana turned around to face the screaming girl. Everyone in the gymnasium had covered their ears as Carol's screaming gradually escalated. Lana shook her head and then clapped her hands over Carol's ears again, causing the girl to pass out.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

dead-end.regular.png

The promise

"I'm so hungry I might collapse." Sullivan moaned as he picked up a tray from a big pile near the entrance to the cafeteria. Liara grimaced and let out an annoyed sigh in response before speaking in an extraordinarily tired tone. She had just been woken up from her impromptu nap after Sullivan had suggested they all go to get some food and mingle with the other students. "Sullivan. Did you not just say... like... thirty minutes ago that you had a huge breakfast this morning? It's physically impossible for you to be this famished already." Sullivan shook his head gently and took a matter of fact tone. "Well you see Liara... I have a special physiology. It taks a lot of energy to maintain this charming facade and handsome face. I need all the food I can get." Liara made an audible facepalm... loud enough so that Tenerus knew exactly what she was doing without actually needing to see. "If by that you mean you were born with a significantly smaller brain than usual, then yes, I believe you."

The two were clearly going to bicker alot, Tenerus presumed. Though he supposed as long as it didn't get too far that it was harmless. Liara used Sullivan as an outlet for her animosity and Sullivan was too free-spirited to care. It was almost better that this was happening rather than not.

They both stood behind him in line, while Lucinda stood ahead of him. She was four years younger than him and by far the youngest member of the group at only seventeen or eighteen by the look of her. She said barely anything really, by far the most curious and unpredictable of the group. Ten couldn't help but wonder why that was. As she approached the food she pointed with a small, eager grin to the mashed potatoes behind the glass and the rather gruff lunch lady gave her a rather large helping. To which she nodded her approval and proceeded to what seemed to be the only empty bench in the school.

Tenerus decided he would simply get the same, he received an even larger portion still and he had to give an awkward grin as the lunch lady gave him a sly wink. Why did he attract so much attention? Honestly it was like people already knew he was a faunus. With Miss Ova lurking around he wouldn't be surprised. Once his food was on his plate he picked up a small carton of milk and proceeded to sit plainly beside Lucinda. She ate her food quietly and delicately, lifting small spoonfuls into her mouth at such a steady pace that one might be able to make a correct estimate as to when she would finish. Washing down one spoonful with a bit of water she looked aside to notice Tenerus looking at her... and she tilted her head gently to show a slight amount of confusion.

"Tenerus... not hungry?" She spoke with a signature tone that was so quiet as to almost be inaudible, yet so clear and crisp that it was easy to understand. "Oh, ehm..." Tenerus had only taken a spoonful or two of his food he noticed, but quickly took another large one into his mouth upon being noticed, washing it down with his milk. "No, no, it's rather nice no?" She nodded happily in response before turning to her own plate. Something was holding up the other two, but Tenerus didn't care to check what that was. Lucinda didn't seem to care much either... so the two continued to eat in silence.

Lars sat stone faced, in the face of what he could only assume was the most talkative girl in the world. She'd said so much since telling him, he wasnt even sure if he could remeber her name.

"...I mean, it's not like we'll be fighting grim everyd-" It began with a 'D', right? The thought clicked in Lars' mind as he heard the girl say the letter. Trying to remember her name was a lot more interesting than whatever nonsense she was spewing. His attention had long since skewed elsewhere, but now, it had been caught by a rather petite looking girl across the hall. While he never really had a thing for shorter girls, this one had a sense of mystery to her. The fact she drew his intrigue so easily seemed to have an almost disasterous irony to it, since she seemed to be try to do the complete opposite.

"I say the school should just have a clothes store around..." The ongoing voice from behind Lars continued. Had she still not noticed he wasnt even facing her anymore?

"Look, Darcy..." He began. The girl gave a confused grin, but he quickly continued before she had the chance to correct him. "I gotta get to class, you should probably do the same, before you're late." He stroked her hand with his own, and looked her in the eyes. A reluctant swoon was enough to assure that he'd disarmed her common sense. Much to his surprise, she latched onto his arm, swinging dreamily on his am as the two walked togeher. Lars glanced back at the mysterious girl, as he was unwillingly dragged from the room.

"I just remembered, I need to collect some homework from a freind that was holding it for me." He feigned disapointment, unsheathing his arm from her tight grip. He darted off back into the cafeteria before she could suggest that she join him.

Free from draining clutch of the blabbermouth, Lars scanned the room looking for the mysterious rose girl. He took no notice of the guy, presumably her boyfreind, that was sitting next to her, and joined her at the table.

"Hey there, Lars, nice to meet you." He ginned welcomingly, extending no more than a hand for her to reach for.

Tenerus looked over to the gentleman whom had decided to join them at their table. He seemed more interested in talking to Lucinda than to him so he just ignored him at first. His introduction was rather upfront and he seemed rather friendly. That was rather pleasant, how wonderful it was to see such open kindness. Perhaps humans weren't as bad as the faunus made them out to be back home.

"Lars..." Lucinda tilted her head gently and glanced blankly into the boys eyes. She certainly wasn't the best at first impressions, that was for sure. "... nice to meet you... too." She made no effort to shake and instead turned her head to Tenerus questioningly. Was she... asking he do it for her? He finished another spoonful of mashed potatoes and shrugged awkwardly before reaching across Luci as she leaned back, shaking the mans hand firmly. "I'm ehm, Tenerus, Tenerus Stone. You'll have to forgive Luci, she ehm, doesn't seem to enjoy handshakes." Tenerus broke the awkward shake and ate another spoon of food. Lucinda continued to stare at Lars curiously, but quickly returned to eating her own food... creating a sort of awkward silence.

"So ehm..." Tenerus realized that he'd apparently be speaking in the stead of Lucinda as well. "You're a new student too? What team are you a part of?"

Lars squinted. Had he just been intercepted? With an internal sigh, he pulled his hand away.

"Yeah, relatively new." His first attempt had been bad, but he had no intention of letting this prick get in the way of his catch, but he was here for now and he had to accept that. The girl seemed to trust him. Perhaps too much. "I'm sorry, I didnt catch your name." He offered a comforting smile to the quiet girl.

Lucinda turned up gently from her mashed potatoes, her eyes were still a little wide as if she was sincerely surprised by the question he was asking her. "Name?..." She sat there for a moment internalizing this information. "Lucinda... Apologies." She immediately turned back to her food. Tenerus continued awkwardly eating, the young man hadn't really answered his question fully... but he also got the feeling that he didn't really intend to. To his great surprise however, Lucinda looked up again and spoke very plainly. "Lars... you don't have friends?" Tenerus felt his jaw drop at that... was she refering to his lack of answering about the team? Or was this some snide comment about him going to sit with them? Tenerus continued muching on his mashed potatoes, reluctant to get involved further.

Lars chuckled. He wasnt sure if this Lucinda girl was trying to insult him or not, but to be honest, he didnt care.

"I'm not the kinda guy who waits on others, I go at my own pace." He grinned. Her dull responses were growing increasingly frustrating, and Lars was losing his patience. "So, I'm assuming you guys are a team, huh?" He sighed, finally acknowledging the boy beside her. It was obvious at this point that he'd need some help.

"STLL... or steel, I guess is how it should be pronounced but..." Tenerus chirped in, finally being included in the conversation. Lucinda nodded happily. "Tenerus... STLL's leader." Teenrus scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Aye, somehow I landed the position I suppose... It kind of fell into my lap I suppose." Lucinda pat Tenerus' head gently. "You'll do great..." She said quietly only for Ten himself to shrug awkwardly in response and eat up the last of his mashed potatoes. "The Steel thing fit... since we all used swords." Lucinda's eyes widened and she grabbed Lars arm, shaking it in excitement. "Tenerus... sooo strong! No dust at all..." Tenerus felt a small amount of blood rushing to his face as before.

"Lucinda... just because I don't use dust, it doesn't exactly make me powerful..." He commented, still rather awkward, but Lucinda persisted. "Tenerus... fights with his bad hand! Always!" Tenerus grunted slightly and put a hand over Lucinda's mouth, pulling her back into his seat. He never thought he would have had to shut her up, of all people. "Enough, Luci... we both know that's out of necessity not choice." He shot an apologetic smile in Lars' direction. "Sorry about her... it would seem talking about the team gets her excited. Lucinda gave a quick nod in response to this, before making a very quiet "nom" sound while eating her last spoon of mashed potato, before smiling happily after finishing her meal.

The frantic shaking and grabbing if his arm instantly reminded Lars of his traumatic time with Darcy. With Lucinda growing increasingly uninteresting, and seemingly a lost cause, Lars was releived to see that she'd opened up a new point of interest. She'd been near silent for the entirety of his time there, and now she was finally getting excited...over how strong her freind was. This guy must have really been something.

"Tenerus, was it?" Lars grinned, standing up. "I'm intrigued to see how strong you really are. How about a sparring match?"

Ten widened his eyes a little at the sudden request. "A sparring match? I'm ehm... not so sure. It is only our first day and I'm still rather tired from a, ehm, previous encounter we'll say." He wasn't about to let slip that he'd just been fighting a teacher, not a chance. "Perhaps a nother time though? I'd be interested in seeing how you fight over a friendly match." Lucinda nodded solemnly but with a serious expression. "Tenerus... I want to see too." She turned to Lars with the first expression of genuine intrigue she had given him since his arrival. "You too... Lars."

At that moment, Sullivan plopped down on the bench at the opposite side of the table, his eye was bruised a bit and his plate had nothing but a single slice of pizza.

While he was about to leave, satisfied with the promise of a fight, he couldnt resist his curiosity at the new case that had arisen.

"The hell happened to you?" He asked with a raised brow. "Pizza thief?"

Sullivan let out a tired sigh and gently lowered his face onto the table before speaking in a pained muffle.

"Not even man... My teammate just gave me a black eye because I made a joke about her hairpin. This sucks ass. Tenerus you're the leader, can't you do something about that?" Sullivans voice was filled with self loathing and upset, Ten couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. But what could he do? Scold Liara? Did he really have that privilege?

"Maybe later Sullivan... oh, ehm. Lars, this is Sullivan. Sullivan, Lars... he's a new student just like us. He says he's part of Team... oh, right, sorry Lars what team were was it you were on?"

"Team..." He paused, furrowing his brows. "Team Lars." He chuckled. It definitely wouldve been a fitting name. "Nah, it's team shield or something, I'm not even sure why. We dont have much infighting in our team though." The mocking grin that grew on his face was clear as day.

Sullivan shrugged as best as he could from his face down position on the table. "Liara doesn't hate me... I think she just really likes to hit me." Lucinda gave an affirming nod to this and Tenerus sighed. "I suppose you two will have to learn to get along a bit better regardless though... maybe I should talk to her about hitting you so much... and especially so since you guys haven't even been acquainted that long."

"Well, you guys can deal with your marital issues in your own time. I'm off." Lars groaned as he began to walk away, now almost fully disinterested in the situation. He'd made his conclusions on the group before him, and quite frankly, he was disatisfied. Out of four members, there was one potential fight, and one potential...well. She'd be more of a one time thing since she couldnt handle the simplest of conversation on her own. As for the other guy, if he was constantly getting his ass beat by his other team member, he couldnt have been too impressive. Since he hadnt seen the final member of the team, she was deemed void through the process of 'dont give a ****ery'.

Tenerus shot a small glare towards Lars as he left. The firs timpression he had gotten of the young man wasn't a very pleasing one. He seemed to be more interested in talking to girls, judging people and other such things... rather than actually making friends and getting to know others. The kind of person who takes people in at a glance and never examines them for anything more than that.

He stood up, his tray in his hands, ready to return it to the top. His team mates did the same but... he signalled for them to go on ahead instead. As Lars walked away, he turned to say a final parting phrase.

"Lars. I am... looking forward to our fight. I do hope you don't disappoint me."

With that, Lars did his best to contain a smirk, almost a gleeful smile, in fact. He raised his hand in content, and gave a small nod to signal that he'd heard, before leaving the cafeteria.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Titus
Faunus Academy.

"Titanium! The hell are you doing boy!?" A gruff voice echoed in the darkness.

For a moment, Titus had no idea what was going on. But when the darkness disappeared, he appeared in a circle of wolf fauntus, much like himself. In front of him, was a man who looked exactly like him. He looked back to see a young female human sitting on the ground in fear. Her eyes were full of fear, but shock. Titus turned back to the man who had spoken early.

"Nothing is honorable in this!" Titus yelled.

"Honorable!? Do you think the humans give a flying fuck about what is honorable and what is not!?" The male yelled.

"She has a basket full of berries! Do you honestly think she cares about us? She got lost."

"I guess your semblance isn't the only thing that is weak! You are weak in every aspect! You don't deserve to be here!" The man yelled.

"If you want to kill an unarmed woman that has no weapon, then maybe I don't! Just like you don't deserve me as your son!" Titus yelled.

"You just want her as a toy that you can over power! If she gets back to the humans, then we all die."

"I do not care about humans, but I will not treat one without honor. That makes us exactly what they call us! Barbaric monsters! If humans want a fight, then I will kill, but not like this. What you want to do is murder!" Titus yelled.

It wasn't just his father who was angry at him for defending a human. Everyone, including his mother and best friends hated him, but he wasn't going to back down. His father howled and a massive wind tried to blow Titus down, but it failed. He knew his father didn't want to hurt him, otherwise, he would have died the moment he defended the human.

"Fine! Just remember that whatever happens to us, is on your head! Take your human toy and leave us! You are no longer welcome in this pack!" Titus' father yelled.

And just like that, he had been exiled by everyone he loved. He turned to help the girl with her basket and helped her up. He gathered his things and put on his poncho.

"Th... thank you.." The girl said, confusion in her voice.

They ran off together and when they had gotten a few miles away, he was captured by humans. The girl tried to plea for him, but that plea fell on death ears.

Titus awoke with a start, as the craft he was in, started to land. His grayish wolf ears, with a slight hint of white and blue, twitched as the speaker. His tail, matching the same color are his ears, trashed back in fourth as he stretched. It stop as he stopped. There was a few other kinds of Faunus on the craft as well, but he didn't know any of them. He was one of the last people to get off the craft. He walked with his eyes forward, he caught the sight of a some what large boy looking toward him with a grin, but Titus paid him no mind. At the last moment, the boy purposely backed into his path, causing Titus to run into him. The boy turned on him.

"Watch it mutt!" The boy yelled, shoving the Titus back.

"Not my fault you are too clueless to know you were the one who walked into me." Titus said, not changing his expression, but looking at the boy. Titus noticed the boy was a horse Faunus.

"D-did you just call me stupid, wolf boy!? Do you know what I am?"

"Obviously not as intelligent as the horse is said to be." Titus said, calmly.

"Kick his ass Pine! He has nothing, just look at his clothing. He doesn't even have a weapon. He was even exiled from his pack! That is what ponchos are said to be for! He ain't go anything on you!" Another boy, off to the side, yelled.

"Aww is that so. Did the little mutt get kicked from his pack?" Pine taunted.

Titus fingered the some what large block with a handle that was hidden beneath his poncho. Calming himself, he shoved the horse out of the way and continued to walk.
"What's wrong!? Scarred!?" Others taunted.

Titus stopped and turned, "If you wish to fight me, then we will do it when it is official. I'd rather not kill someone because he refused to give up." Titus turned away, continuing to walk.

"You coward! I will make you fight me in class then!" The horse faunus yelled.

Titus simply put a hand up in the air as if saying bye. This made the boy to throw a fit, but he never attacked. No matter where Titus went, he was always looked down on, even by his own kind. So why should he hate human when Faunus are the same way? There was no difference.
He took a tour of the some what factory like school and then went to the orientation. Not really listening to what the man had to say. He did hear something about teams and what not, but he didn't try to find his group.

He went through his clashes through the day. Finally he was in the combat class with the one known as Bullrush. He watched a few fights and listened to him talk. During the fight between one of the bird faunus and the snake faunus, Titus completely disagreed with the way the teacher was handling things. Even some of the other students were yelling at him.

After listening to him more, he asked for the next ones to fight, and the horse faunus entered.

"HERE WE GO! ANOTHER ROUND! WHO DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT!?" Bullrush yelled.

The horse faunus grinned and pointed directly at Titus. Titus stood up without question and walked down to the floor, with the one who had teased him earlier today, also known as Pine.

"SO A WOLF VS A HORSE!? HOW 'BOUT THAT! IT WOULD SEEM YOU TWO ALREADY HAVE ISSUES WITH ONE ANOTHER! I LIKE THAT!" Bullrush yelled.

"You are going down mutt! Weaponless freak." The horse yelled, letting a pair of swords reveal themselves from his waist.

With no word, Titus took off his poncho and slung it across the room. It revealed his weapon, which was a cube. He clicked a button and a hilt extended to three or so feet and then a battleaxe head came out of the warhammer head and flipped. Causing the weapon to double in size. The warhammer head is on the bottom right side, while the battleaxe head was on the top right. It formed a hilt in the center to grip. The staff of the weapon was about a half inch diameter and each head was about a foot long. He took a stance, one hand in front of him and one hand holding the large weapon behind his back. The weapon was balanced, so it didn't force him to lose his balance.

"Ah so the mutt has a weapon after all!" Pine yelled.

"ALRIGHT RU-" Bullrush was interrupted as Pine started the charge early.

Pine's gun turned into guns and he started firing rounds of what seemed like water at Titus. Titus blocked one or two, but allow three to hit him. Titus grinned, spinning a small dial on his weapon, landing on the lightning dust gauge. Pine changed and lunged to attack. Titus sweeped his blade across the others and lightning shot from the weapon, engulfing the swords Pine was using. The sword lit up and Pine cried, getting electrocuted by the lightning. Titus spun and crushed Pine's side with the mace side, sending him in the direction of Bullrush.

"Let me see your semblance mutt! I bet you don't even have one."

"Oh I do." Titus opened his mouth and an ear splitting howl came from it. For a moment nothing happened and then a massive gust came from every little crevice in the building.
It blew papers and other things around, but had no effect to on anyone.

"Thing is, it doesn't do anything." Titus smiled.

Pine started to laugh, "HAHAHA is that it! It does nothing! All it is good for causing a gust of wind!"

"I know! Isn't it great! I can make a massive fan! I would never get hot!" Titus laughed.
But the class started to laugh like crazy. Pine not even paying attention. Titus his a button and the weapon retracted into a 4 foot weapon. A compartment on the warhammer head opened up to reveal a trigger. The axe head slid up to the tip and twisted at the head, causing the barrel to open up. The staff turned into a shotgun body and Alex held the trigger. Slowly taking steps toward Pine as he horse laughed. Making sure Bullrush was behind Pine.

"You know what else my semblance is good for!?"

"Making a few waves in a pool!?" Pine taunted.

"Nope! Causing a distraction for dumb asses who underestimate their opponet while I am charging an attack and getting closer!"

"Wh-" But before Pine could continue, he opened his eyes, but it was too late. Titus release the trigger and a massive charge of lightning shot out of the barrel. There was no way Pine could have dodged and time and was hit hard. He tried in agony and flew backwards.

Titus turned around. He herd steps with his wolf ears and he switched the dial to earth fust, sighing. As he heard the steps leave the ground, he turned around and shot a scatter shot into the horse that was now flying at him. Only one bullet hit its target, the other went wild, right at Bullrush, just as he had planned it. One was extremely close, but Bullrush didn't flinch. Which Titus knew he wouldn't. Titus walked over to wear the boy was now at on the ground, looking at him in fear.

"I can't surrender! So you will have to kill me!" Pine yelled.

Titus looked at him and then offered a hand, letting his weapon revert to the cube.
"IT ISN'T OVER! KILL HIM IF HE WILL NOT SURRENDER!" Bullrush yelled.

Titus ignored him and kept his hand down. Pine took his hand and Titus helped him up.
"Thank you, but I can't surrender." Pine said.

"Then I surrender. There is no need to kill you. It is dishonorable. It would be considered murder to kill if they no longer tried to kill you. You tried to attack me, but I forgive you, but I won't forget." Titus said.

Pine nodded and walked away from Titus. Titus grabbed Pine's shoulder and got closer so he could hear him. "By the way, don't ever call me mutt again. Next time, I hear it from you, I may have to break your arm off and chew on it. I am a wolf after all." Titus smirked.

Pine quickly nodded and walked away faster.

"You got some serious balls doing that kid. You could very well be expelled. I let it happen."

"If you couldn't deal with that, then you shouldn't be a teacher. That was my way of saying I did't agree with you last fight." Titus said.

Bullrush smiled, "I LIKE YOU KID! BUT I am not sure this is your class. Where is your team?" Bullrush asked.

"No idea. Didn't bother to look for them. Too many people." Titus said.

"Well go look for them. You can't find them, come back to me and we will see if I can't find you a team here. Sometimes the class schedules are all messed up, but it is what it is. Here is a note for you to be excused." Bullrush said, taking a note from the deer faunus.

Titus nodded, taking the note and went to pick up his poncho. He slung his cube across his body and put his poncho back on and left the room without a word.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

CinnaTeam PRCT
Faunus Academy

The airship was cramped and hardly efficient enough to haul so many students to the Academy grounds, yet it transported everyone safely to Faunus Academy. Many students had already begun to bond and strike up conversations as Cinna sat to the side, watching the interactions with a small smile.

There were no humans. It was her chance to finally make a lasting friendship, excel in her studies and accomplish her goals of becoming a Huntress - maybe find some equality in the world while she's at it.

Cinna follows the crowd of students piling off the airship and makes her way across the grounds slowly, taking in the surroundings with rapt attention. The Faunus had made the best of what little they were given in the end.

Teachers were set up around the grounds to instruct students on where to go. Cinna spots a female teacher - a Siamese Cat Faunus by the looks of her tail - and hurries over.

"Excuse me, you're a Teacher here right?" Cinna looks at the clipboard in her hands and at her clothing - of course she is. "Uh, anyway, do you mind pointing me in the direction of the dorms?"

"Professor Brass," she greets. "I am afraid that students have not been permitted dorms. You will need to find your own place to stay."

Cinna blinks. She was no stranger to living on the streets, but shouldn't an Academy offer students basic amenities? When she looks over at the Academy, her stomach drops - Beacon, Haven, Atlas - Human Academies would provide this. Faunus' are not as important.

Not wishing to come across as ungrateful, Cinna brushes off her disappointment and offers the Professor a smile. "Then would you let me know where to go for Orientation?"
Cinna sits near the back. Attention has never been her cup of tea, but with the many interesting Faunus' she sees, it would be a wonder why anyone would take notice of her. The Crocodile Faunus sent a shiver down her spine.

After the opening speech by the Headmaster, Cinna notes his warning - Humans are not our friends. It isn't hard to convince her of that - but even Faunus have lost their ways, the White Fang being prime example. The terrorist group had wrecked more lives by being in operation than carrying out attacks.

She waits her turn by the bulletin board, searching for her new teammates - PRCT Cinna finds her picture quickly, smiling brightly at the name. Apricot, huh? The other names listed were Pastel, Raina and Titus. She commits their appearance to memory and scans the crowd.

"Huh, I don't see them..."

Cinna awkwardly leaves the auditorium for her first class - Introduction to Grimm Biology with Professor Corryn. Turns out, he's a loud guy - but he made a good impression on Cinna for being entertaining throughout his lesson.

When it came time for her to pick a class, she chose Professor Brass' class: Semblance and Aura Control. It was something she struggled with. Cinna had become extremely gifted in the way she used her Aura, at the cost of being sub-par with her Semblance.

It was set up in an auditorium with a large state for demonstration. Professor Brass was with another, a male teacher who looked extremely like her. Siamese Twin Cat Faunus'... that's a mouthful. Cinna skips down the steps and sits beside a Gecko Faunus - only guessing by the scales that line his arms in choice spots of his skin.

"Students, you will know me as Professor Brass and this -" She points to her twin. "Is Assistant Teacher Brass." Assistant Brass dully looks at the students and chews on a piece of salmon. "He will be in charge of Aura, while I am here to instruct you on how to use your Semblance to it's full potential."

"We will start off with a few volunteers - anyone up for the challenge?"

Cinna raises her hand - "I am, Professor."

Years

Pastel Canvas
Faunus Academy

Pastel was annoyed. He was already late and the servant carrying his bag was slowing down.

"Quicken your pace." He demanded.

The small hornbill faunus struggled under the weight of all his books, and he had a lot of them. The boy glanced at him with a worried expression as he tried to hurry up, but fell on his face. Pastel growled, took the bag, and started on his way, bounding quickly towards the school. He wasn't impressed. It looked like a shack compared to the pictures of Beacon he read about in his books. He made a mental note of yet another reason humans should be killed on sight.

He continued walking towards the school, spotting a gazelle faunus walking away from the school. His head instinctively swiveled towards her, his mouth watering. They wouldn't notice if only one student went missing. Would they? He was interrupted when he walked right into the back of a large elephant faunus.

"What's the big idea?" the oaf muttered, although it was really loud to Pastel.

"Out of my way." He replied, obviously classier than the dirty peasant in front of him. He was not to blame for the idiot standing in the middle of the path.

"Excuse me, pretty boy? Talk to me like that again and I'll bash your head in!"

"Yeah, like you could do that." He muttered, but the oaf's huge hears picked it up easily.

"Oh-ho-ho you're going down."

The elephant stomped at him, his large feet causing the ground to shake. But, Pastel used the momentum to fly onto the tree behind him, bounding off of it and landing on the elephant's head. He expanded his metal claws that were implanted in his hands, and drove them down into the boy's shoulders. The elephant faunus roared in pain, but couldn't shake Pastel off of his back, the claws dug deep into his flesh. He managed to slam Pastel into a wall several times, but he clung on.

The boy's flailing continued until he became exhausted, at which point Pastel retracted his claws and jumped off of him. The force of the jump pushed the elephant over, which allowed Pastel to shoot three perfectly aimed arrows into the boy's stomach. The arrows caught fire and combusted, leaving no trace behind. He couldn't leave anything behind that could trace this fight back to him. He knew that the poor boy would be too embarrassed to tell the teachers what happened. As long as the witnesses kept quiet too he'd get away without a problem.

He walked into the school, and noticed that classes had already begun. He would have been upset, except he had some stupid fighting class first. He walked over to a table and glanced at the papers. They had a list of teams. He scanned the list until he found his name, and made a mental list of his teammates.

Moments later he was interrupted by a teacher wandering the hall and told to get to class. He blushed, a bit embarrassed that he was snuck up on, and headed off down the hall. After which he realized he had no idea where to go.

"Umm sir?" He called out quietly, "You don't happen to know where I'm supposed to go do you?"

After a few minutes of conversing, he found out he was supposed to be in an aura and semblance class with the rest of his team. That's more like it, although he was a bit disappointed when the teacher informed him there was no dust engineering class, as the only academy that teaches it is Beacon. Add yet another reason why he despised the human race.

He marched down the hall, eager to meet his teammates. He was confident that they paired him with people as great as he is. He was the heir of the Canvas Dust Company, after all. His father had invented dust-stabilizers, which consumed powdered dust and compressed it into a crystalline form, and also the dust-destabilizer, which consumed dust crystals and turned them into a powdered form. Although the machines were interesting, Pastel preferred to use his engineering talents to make weapons, things that could slash into his target and leave a real mark.

Distracted in thought, he almost missed the classroom, the halls were so small compared to Beacon's. At least, that's what his books said.

He was startled when the first thing he heard when he entered the classroom was "anyone up for the challenge?"

Instinctively he raised his hand. He was always up for a challenge, it's not like volunteering was going to be any more embarrassing than coming into class late. He might as well give them a show.

Years
Xyra & Cass
Beacon Academy

"Where am I?" Xyra found herself asking. "And how did I get here?" As it turned out, "here" was the door to some classroom or another, with no one else in sight. She held on tightly to her Painbrush, thinking back. The rest of the morning was a dizzying blur in her memory, and she vaguely recalled seeing a billboard of some kind, and something about class. Had she slept through her first class?!

She forced herself to think positive, to think of cheerful things, like a splash of yellow on a field of blue. Or the dark blood of Grimm mixing with the bright red paint of her brush. The sharp sound of her blade slicing through the air...With her mind calmed, she thought back over the past hour.

After seeing the assigned teams, she had tried to find hers, but had no luck in the swarm of students. After that, she'd hurried to class, sitting through a lecture on Aura and a practical display of her classmates' Semblances. Still no luck finding her own team, though, and she'd dozed off during the end of class. She just had to hope she'd run into them soon, especially with her next class being Combat Training.

"How you got here is a good question," a somewhat familiar voice spat from behind Xyra. "How the hell I got stuck with you on my team is a better one." It was Cass, the tall pink haired attitude ridden teen that verbally assaulted Xyra mere hours ago.

Xyra spun to face Cass, her Painbrush at the ready. "Oh, it's you. Nice to see a familiar face..." She holstered her brush, relieved she's not alone anymore.

Up until this moment, Cass had been actively avoiding speaking with Xyra, after catching wind of her teammates. Truth be told, she was ready to go solo, firmly believing that given her "natural" talents and abilities, she did not need a team. All she needed was some education and training, and she would be golden. Sure, a loss or two would happen, but it wasn't anything that she couldn't handle. She had endured far worse in the past. "You know, if we are going to be on the same team, you better work your watercolor ass hard in this one. Otherwise, the headmaster is gonna get real sick of me begging for a new squad to boss around."

Xyra frowned, one hand moving to her belt. "Watercolor? I mix my paint with Dust, actually." She wasn't sure what this girl's problem was, but she refused to let Cass bother her. "And I didn't take you for the begging type. I doubt you'd make much progress, though. Everyone here seems focused more on strength and ingenuity."

"For your sake, I hope you are right," Cass said. Xyra had some snark. Maybe she would be worthwhile. "I won't accept anything but a strong squad. I don't intend for us to be wasting time with useless missions and dumb training. I want our squad to be among the best. Do I make myself clear?"

Xyra saluted, holding the Painbrush against her shoulder like a rifle. "Yes sir, ma'am! My brush is at your command!" She drops the salute, looking troubled for a moment. "So what's our first move, boss? Should we round up the rest of the team?"

Suddenly, there was a loud *BAMF* and a flash of blue light. A boy wearing a yellow jacket stepped out of a cloud of black smoke, grinning at the girls. "No need, ladies. The man you're looking for is right here!"

Cass gestured back with a big step. "And who the hell are you?" She didn't want to be right, but she was more than sure that this runt was one of her teammates. He seemed to have a useful semblance, but his attitude was already irksome.

Xyra stepped back, hiding behind Painbrush. She quickly adjusted her stance, now blocking with Painbrush. "Were we looking for someone, boss? Is he on our team?"

The boy's arrogant attitude crumbled as the girls looked at him in wary confusion. "What? I've been looking for you guys all morning! Don't you recognize me from the board? I'm Azrael! One of your teammates? I was waiting for the perfect moment to make my entrance..." He slumped in dejection, leaning against the wall.

Xyra retracted Painbrush, storing it on her back. She glanced at Cass, grinning. "I like him. He's funny."

"The feeling ain't mutual," Cass said aside to Xyra, with a strange blend of friendly and judgmental. "Alright, pipsqueak, what the hell can you do? And it better be good. I got a sketch artist and now you...and so far it looks I'm carrying this peppy band."

Just as Cass spouted her insults, a looming figure appeared behind her. Cass was almost flung forward with a firm slap on her back. The figure was taller than her, which was impressive considering Cass was towering herself. Carrying a large hammer and larger frame, the man was clean cut, with cropped hair and a scuplted face. "Greetings, team," he said, with a rough accent. "Pleasure to meet you."

"And you are?" Cass snapped back, leering the stranger in the eyes.

"Oh, sorry," he quickly said, but it was more innocent and directed as his rudeness rather than spurned by Cass' attitude. "My name is Orion. I am team member too. I...how you do say it...couldn't find you earlier. Good thing I found you now," he said with a hearty laugh.

Not to be outdone, Azrael *BAMF*'d back over to Cass, his guns drawn as he emerged from the smoke. "I can hold my own when I have to. You may be carrying Etch-A-Sketch here, but I'll be your star player in no time!"

Xyra frowned, one hand moving to Painbrush's handle. "What is it today? Everyone's making fun of Painbrush! When we get into a real fight, you'll see how funny it is in the hands of a skilled artist." She mulled that over for a second. "It won't be funny. It will look awesome, though."

"Yeah, yeah. Everyone thinks they are hot stuff and then when the going gets tough, everyone decides to puss out," Cass snapped at the two smaller members of her team. "If you want to prove that you are the star or you are next great painter, then do it. Don't talk crap and then disappoint everyone around you."

In unison, Xyra and Azrael both saluted Cass. "Yes, ma'am!" Xyra bore a look of determination, while Azrael mainly looked nervous. He quickly tried to hide it, leaning back against the wall. "No need to worry about me. The best defense is to not be there, and I've turned that into an art form."

Cass grimaced at him: "I'll believe when I see it, Az." She dropped a nickname already, though it was mostly out of seizing control and not caring about titles. Names didn't all that much to Cass, especially considering the circumstances leading up until this moment. "Now, let's get our training over with. I am intending for us to go on missions ASAP. Team CAOX is gonna take over this school."

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Mira Cullous Nel Phelia

Team JSMN
Tangled In His Web

It was with the somewhat soothing sound of a violin that Nel slowly opened her eyes, the sight of white-panneled ceiling tiles being the first thing to greet her as she did so. The hawk Faunus was tired, to say the least. She could not remember the last time that she had to defend herself in such a desperate manner, but at the same time... she honestly found it to be sort of fun. Thinking back to her fight against Kab, her usual smile worked its way across her lips.

"Heh... I kinda wish I could do it again..." Nel mused quietly, a small giggle escaping in the process.

"Heh. That was a way to go out if I ever saw one." Jairo chuckled and continued playing. "Expected you to be out longer."

Nel shook her head, gazing over in Jairo's direction. "What can I say? Guess you just struck the right chord to wake me up..." She took a moment to give her own, rather bad pun a quick giggle before slowly sitting up. "Wha'cha doin' here anyways? Weren't you interested in seeing the other fights? I'm pretty sure that the instructor wasn't gonna stop the matches just because I went on a slicing-spree."

A small, crooked smile appeared on Jairo's face as he continued playing. "Not a fan of sparring matches. What's a fight worth for if nobody dies, anyway?" he joked, though his tone made him sound almost serious. "And yes, you sliced up that webhead pretty damn good, I'll admit - cleaners are gonna have a hard time cleaning up. Bet you wonder what happened to him."

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious," Nel responded. She glanced down at her and, noticing that there was still a speck of now-dried blood on the back of her left hand. Licking her right thumb, Nel began to try and rub it off. "...Is he even still alive? I mean, I know that him shrinking down probably made the wounds smaller, but I did cut his throat and eyes. The blood spray was almost like a shower."

"Nah." Jairo answered bluntly, slowing down the tempo of the song. "Not in the building anymore. Turns out your wind blades did some-" he stopped and winced as he hit the wrong chord. "Dammit." he cursed under his breath. He restarted the song from the beginning. "You practically ended that dude's chances as a hunter, to put it bluntly. Paralysis in his neck, permanently damaged eyeball and socket, and ah... what was it again?" he asked himself. "Just a sec."

He stopped and hopped off the chair he was on - which was clearly too tall for him - and walked over to the small medicine cabinet near Nel's bed. Nel watched him curiously, wondering if perhaps one of the nurses who worked in the medical ward had tasked him with giving her some sort of pill to reduce pain or something of the sort when she woke up. The hawk Faunus was quickly proven wrong however, when she watched Jairo open the cabinet. There was not so much as any medicine waiting inside for her. Rather, there appeared to be the form of an unconscious nurse inside. Well, at least Nell assumed it was. She was wrapped in a rather large, webby cocoon of sorts, something that immediately told Nel it was Jairo's doing. The spider faunus reached into a small opening in the cocoon and fished out a printed report. "...a collapsed liver. Don't think that was you though."

Nel did not seem to react to badly to this. She merely raised an eyebrow in confusion as she returned her focus to her teammate. "A, is she still alive? B, why do it in the first place?"

"Yeah, yeah, calm your eggs. I just reckoned we needed a little privacy for what I'm about to tell you."

Nel smirked a bit at Jairo's need for privacy. "Look, I'm flattered, but I don't know you that well yet... Besides, a little dinner should always come first, you know?"

Jairo gritted his teeth in frustration. "You're lucky you're injured." he muttered, and checked the door to the infirmary, which was sealed shut by yet another web. Deciding that the coast was clear, he turned back to Nel and grabbed the closest chair. "Okay, listen. You've got a family back home, right?" he began, looking her straight in the eyes.

Nel smiled softly at Jairo. "Nope."

Jairo recoiled slightly at Nel's response. "Well, friends. Someone you care about."

Nel shook her head. "Nada."

Jairo raised an eyebrow. "Money?"

"Yep, we're known for being real money-bags, right?" Nel retorted, before shaking her head. "Nuh-uh, not a dime."

Jairo cursed under his breath and dropped his arms in defeat. "You're missing the point. What I mean is, you got a reason to get back home?"

Nel sat in total silence, the hawk Faunus merely staring back into her teammate's eyes. "Not really..."

The latter sighed again in frustration. This is never going to work. he kept telling himself. The girl was a lost cause, her display against the goliath was merely luck after all. He tried once more.

"You're telling me that your life before being sent to this silk-hole in the middle of nowhere has improved. You're telling me that being forced to the lowlest ranks of existence, and watch everything you've aspired for be muffled and tied down by some prick in a military suit, and watching everything you thought was your comfort be torn to shreds, is okay?" he hissed. Suddenly his eyed widened. "You're telling me the death of your mother meant nothing?" he spat into her face.

Nel's eyes visibly darkened at Jairo's comment. Aside from that, she looked almost as nothing had ever occurred between the two... aside from a small, familiar breeze starting to blow through the room. The smile on Nel's face grew wider all the while.

"You don't mention her. Ever. You don't even think of using her as a bargaining chip," Nel replied, her voice a bit unsteady as she spoke... almost as if she was about to break out into a strange fit of giggles. "Unless you want to learn how to play that violin without any arms..."

Jairo smirked at the mention of the violin. "Don't toss these empty threats at me, birdbrain. I know what you are." he taunted, the effects of his semblance coming into action. "You're just a scared, scarred little girl, are you?"

Nel felt her face start to heat up at Jairo's taunts. Each passing moment after his comment caused her heart to race more and more. The gentle breeze started to pick up in pressure more, causing the curtains to start flapping much harder than they had been previously. On a small nightstand by the hawk Faunus' bed, a glass suddenly tipped over before being blown off and onto the floor, shattering into pieces instantly.

"I said knock it off..." Nel replied, the small girl gripping the bedsheets tightly. "You... You weren't there... You didn't... You have no idea... How it felt to watch her..."

"Pitiful. First you dishonour her death, now you dishonour her life too." Jairo scoffed.

"I... I said... shut... THE... HELL UP!!" Nel yelled.

The wind began to pick up violent at this point. Familiar, sharp blades of wind shot out from all directions, proceeding to slice and cut up everything around the room that they could and on. The drapes of the room were diced to shreds. The blades slammed into the glass of the window, causing it to crack and shatter with ease. The nightstand was literally lifted up into the air and launched across the room. Jairo's chair was blasted off into the air at the same time, knocking the spider Faunus into the air with it. Nel's smile changed, looking almost demented as she sent Jairo a glare that looked to send him to a slow and (for her) enjoyable death.

"TELL ME WHY I SHOULDN'T DECORATE THIS ROOM WITH YOUR BLOOD? I BET A LITTLE COLOR IN HERE WOULD DO WONDERS. IT MIGHT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW I COULDN'T STOP HER DEATH WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, RIGHT? MAYBE THAT WOULD HONOR US BOTH, RIGHT?!" Nel yelled, tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes.

Jairo slowly pushed himself back up. "Go on." he taunted. "You're too scared to do anything to me. You're too scared to do anything at all. You'll just spend the rest of your life rott-"

Nel did not give Jairo the chance to finish. Another burst of wind shot forth, slamming the boy against the door of her room. Without even thinking, possibly from the adrenaline rushing through her, Nel staggered out of the bed. She only managed a single step before her broken leg gave out from underneath her, causing her to fall flat on her face. Then, just as soon as it all started... it stopped. The wind just... died down. Nel just seemed to lay there for a moment, before all at once... she just started to sob uncontrollably.

Jairo gunted and clutched his now reopened shoulder wound. "Do me a- no, do yourself, and your mother a service. Honour what she died for." he said slowly. "Join me, and when we return home, we will show them what it means to take everything from us."

Nel slowly starred up at her teammate. Her cheeks were now stained with tears and what was left of Jairo's web-spit. "...A-Alright... I... I'll go with you..." Nel whispered, another loud choke and sob escaping her mouth at the same time.

Seconds later, the sound of people running towards the room could be heard not too far away on the other side of the room, as well as a feeble groan coming from the now-smashed cabinet. Jairo cursed under his breath, and wasted no time getting back up and hurriedly helping his wounded teammate back to her bed, then hopping out of the now-smashed window.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Brooke Webster
The Serious One's Routine

Brooke's school day continued without incident, and as soon as classes finished she began the journey home, not bothering to see if Sal or Vic had plans to visit her workshop. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. She didn't even want to look at anyone. Unfortunately, she saw plenty of other people wandering the city during the hour it took to walk home, though most of them were too busy with their own things to bother her.

Beyond an underdeveloped part of the city, nestled within the untamed woods lay a small log cabin that Brooke called home. As she approached the door, she took off her armored trenchcoat and tossed it onto the ground nearby, slinging her weapon back over her now-bare shoulder. As proud of her armor as she was, the thing was still heavy as **** and it felt good to have it off after a long day. She rolled her shoulders, cracked her neck, and stretched her arms, the relief bringing to her face the closest thing to a real smile she'd shown since combat class.

Instead of going inside to unwind, though, she walked over to a tool shed next to the house and grabbed a large axe, making sure to stow her armor away in a trunk while she was in there. Hints of orange had already begun to color the sky, but the dog Faunus' work was only beginning. Over the next few hours, Brooke chopped firewood (admittedly imagining a certain person's head on the chopping block instead for much of that time), fetched water from a nearby stream, and hunted for food.

Essentials accounted for, Brooke finally stepped up to the door of her cabin. Any semblance of tranquility she had disappeared as she stood there, and she let out a deep sigh before finally stepping inside.

"Oh, back from work, honey?" greeted a soft, masculine voice. The source was a dog-eared man sitting alone in an empty corner of the room. "I was just watching TV with Brooke."

Brooke looked at the man with narrowed eyes. She let another sigh escape her lips before going to the kitchen area and getting to work cutting up the rabbit she'd caught. "What did you do today, dad." She asked as she worked. her voice sounding incredibly irritated.

"Oh, the neighbors came over and left some gifts. Mrs. Tanner left a pretty little dress for our little girl. It's kind of big, but I'm sure it'll fit her when she's finally old enough to go to school." Brooke had dealt with her useless excuse for a father's nonsense long enough to understand what he meant by these things. It looked like she had something to keep her busy tonight, though it also meant that her dad was home all day again.

An empty container of salt went flying through the air, hitting Brooke's father right on the head. He gave no reaction. "Dad, you need to look for a ****ing job. I'm a Huntress now, I could be dead tomorrow. Then who's gonna take care of you?" Brooke made no effort to muster up her hero persona around her father. There was no point when he only ever saw what he wanted to see anyway.

"That's not a very funny joke, Brooke," he replied, looking down at the empty space next to him. "Are you feeling upset? Don't worry. You can smell it, can't you? Your mom is making spaghetti, your favorite!" Brooke sighed and lit the stove, before grabbing a new container of salt. She didn't bother correcting him.

Jack Webster had been this way since losing his wife many years ago. He was a broken shell of a man who barely ever left that chair of his. Brooke couldn't stand to look at his disgustingly atrophied legs. She often wondered if she should just leave him to die, surrounded by the happy illusions of his family from when it was still complete, but she could never actually bring herself to do it.

What pissed her off more though was the way everyone who knew about him only ever felt sorry for him. Nobody made any effort to help Brooke kick his ass in gear. They would give her their pity, sometimes even money, but never anything that could actually help her. Needless to say, she did her best to keep people with business in her workshop out of the cabin.

Brooke finished a fresh pot of rabbit stew and readied three servings. Her dad didn't shut up when she only readied two. Once she was done eating, Brooke took a quick bath and headed over to her workshop, comfortably dressed in a tank top and a pair of shorts. The shop was its own building a little deeper in the woods and was even bigger than the main cabin. Once inside, Brooke went to a wide table along the back wall that was covered by a tarp in search of the "gifts" her father mentioned.

Under the tarp were various mechanical items in varying states of disrepair. While Brooke was able to live off the land for the most part, there were a number of things she needed that required money. Namely the things she needed to build weapons. To this end, Brooke ran a repair service, where clients would bring their broken items for her to fix. It didn't exactly have her rolling in dough, but she made enough to regularly build prototypes and that was enough for her.

It was here, surrounded by machines that Brooke could finally feel at peace. Unlike people, machines could generally be fixed with nothing more than some spare parts and a little know-how. She picked up her first job, a radio. She looked out onto her table and noticed there were a couple more radios scattered across it. She didn't understand why people bothered to listen to the things when there were barely even any stations, though she guessed former TV addicts needed something to fill the void until a proper infrastructure for it got set up.

She thought about the way the Faunus were forced to basically start over from scratch here on Menagerie. Unlike the others, she'd lived basically her whole life here. She had no old life to reclaim on the mainland. But she heard the way the people around her talked about it, waxing poetic about their beautiful homes with their beautiful families and such. As they were remembering it, they always seemed so happy, only to open their eyes again and see this godforsaken rock in the middle of nowhere they were stuck on. It was awful. She turned her attention back to the broken radio.

Brooke began to fantasize as she worked, picturing herself marching in on the mainland with an army in tow. With her armor bright and her ultimate weapon at the ready, she charged at the enemy. With a pressed trigger and a single sweeping motion, her weapon fired a beam of righteous light that bisected the entire enemy army, leaving the battlefield a sea of writhing limbs. That's right, they weren't dead yet. Their wound had been neatly cauterized, leaving them a few precious seconds of life to suffer in delicious agony.

An enemy hero crawled up to her, still intact but horribly burned. He could barely move. She kicked him to the ground and fired on him once more, starting with his hands. His aura was strong, but it didn't do him any good as his hands slowly disintegrated under the searing light. She moved it up along his arm, slowly robbing him of his flesh and blood, bones and muscle until there was only a pitiful little stump. Then came the other arm. And all the while, Brooke laughed, mocking his anguished screams every step of the way. The rank stench of burning flesh filled her nostrils and she breathed it in deep. Her soldiers watched in awe at her incredible strength, eyes filled with hope that nothing could stop them from taking back their homes. Brooke c-

The sound of something metal hitting the floor woke Brooke from her slumber. She looked around frantically before realizing she had fallen asleep at her workbench. After cleaning the drool that had trickled down the side of her mouth, she looked over the devices she'd been repairing laid out in front of her. It looked like she'd gotten most of it done, and finally passed out in the middle of her work on yet another radio.

She sighed, muttering to herself, "And it was such a nice dream, too…" before getting back to work.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

PastelRobinCinnaTitus
Faunus Academy
Titus walked through the shitty halls as he looked for the correct classroom. He wasn't really sure where he was supposed to be. He ventured to the office to ask for a new schdule due to his being wrong. He was hungry no doubt, he had skipped lunch and he was a wolf. It wasn't really good for him to go hungry. He looked at a... a napkin that had a map on it.

He continued to wall and his nose picked up something foul. He looked down just in time to see a pile of... cow crap... in the middle of the hall.

"You got to be kidding me...." He quickly side stepped it and found his class not far away. He saw a boy with a lion tail and ears enter. He looked at the list of his group and the guy matched the picture. He followed the lion inside as the teachers were asking for volunteers. He tried to avoid the teachers, but he was sure that wasn't possible.

He got a glimpse of a jackal girl who looked nearly the same as a fox, but he was sure she was a jackal. Her auburn hair flowed down and two ears poked out of her hair. She was wearing armor that almost looked like the color of amber to him. He looked at his team list and the picture matched her appearance. She was listed as team leader.

"Awesome. A female as a leader. I am tired of male leaders. I would rather follow females than males now." He muttered to himself, stopping behind the lion who was also part of his team.

We aren't really giving the best first impression... Didn't get together before classes. And now two of us are late... Titus thought.

Robin brushes her hair back over her shoulder, the long white locks were hard to contain with her leopard ears twitching at any small noise as she raises her hand.

"Ah, a few volunteers then. Hurry on in and line up on stage!" Professor Brass ushers them all to move quickly.

Cinna skips down the steps and onto the stage excitedly.

Pastel reluctantly walked up onto the stage, and although he likes to be praised, large groups watching him really freaks him out. His tail between his legs, he climbed the stairs and sto completely rigid.

The Gecko kid that sat next to Cinna had volunteered as well, and four other students follow him onto the stage. Cinna gets a quick glimpse of three and her eyes widen. My teammates! She wants to get their attention, but doesn't want to disrupt the class so she waits, lips pursed as Professor Brass begins to explain the concept.

"You will start in pairs, one of you acting as a target while the other uses their semblance." She motions to Assistant Brass who flicks a switch on the podium, situated far off the stage. The lights dim, casting a shadow.

One of the teachers narrowed their eyes at him and the lion. Titus checked his list again to see what his teammate's names were. Pastel Canvas, Cinnamon Taupe and Robin Ivory.

"Sorry I'm late! I was in Bullrush's class! I will volenteer, as long as it isn't for some type of tribute. Because the odds are totally not in my favor today." He apoligized.

He walked around the lion and to the teacher who was glaring at him. He quickly handed his notes over. The one he had given the notes to, smiled, nodded, and continued to eat his fish. He looked over at the female who was his team's leader. He smiled and mouthed 'Sorry' to her.

He then stepped to the side of the stage and waited for his turn.

Robin moves to the stage and notices her teammates. There they are. She hadn't seen them at orientation. She stands stiffly beside Titus, feeling uncomfortable by his Wolf heritage.

Pastel tried to move and find his partner, he really tried, but instead of moving his legs started to shake and he felt faint. Large classes were not his thing. He eventually got his legs to move, and he inched slowly over towards his partner.

He started to think about how he could showcase his semblance without tearing the poor girl apart. Maybe I should just transform but not attack? he thought. But where's the fun in that? He was unsure what he wanted to do. Well, as long as I'm showing off, I might as well go all out. Besides, the girl can probably take a few hits, she doesn't look fragile, just a bit poor.

"You two," Professor Brass points to Cinna and Pastel. "You are up first."

Cinna steps forward, confident and prepared to see what her teammate was capable of. She wasn't strong in her semblance and would probably come across as weak to him - hopefully when they see her in action, they'll have a change of heart.

"Do not hold back."

Pastel nods, confident that his semblance will impress the whole class. He had been working on perfecting his implants to boost his semblance as much as possible. He stood with his feet spread apart, feeling his aura rush throughout his body. Within seconds he could feel the effects of the transformation. His head elongated into a snout, his hands became claws, and he grew large masses of fur all over his body. The cloth parts of his clothing ripped to shreds, only the armor parts remaining.

He stood for a few seconds, giving the crowd a chance to view his appearance, then pounced at Cinna, claws extended, his implants glowing bright green.

Titus was taken by surprise. He wanted to step in, but held back. The boy seemed to have control over his form, but he kept his hand on his hidden weapon, concealed by his poncho.

She can hardly believe her eyes when her teammate morphs into a Grimm - even more so when he lunges at her. Cinna thrusts her arm out, her aura blocking the attack in place of a shield.

Pastel was shocked when she blocked his attack. She actually blocked it! Like, the whole thing! He was shocked! He was impressed. He got back onto his feet, the transformation already fading, but he lunged again. He wasn't going to be "that guy who failed at hitting the girl" in class.

Cinna was strong, but not strong enough to hold back Pastel in this state - her arm gives way, her aura defense vanishing. Why is he doing this? Cinna darts around him and into the shadows.

Pastel grinned, feeling that he connected with his target. But then grew confused as she seemingly disappeared into the shadows. Even with his nightvision, he couldn't see her. It's as if she vanished completely. That must be her semblance! With the way she blocked my attack I could have sworn it would have been something stronger.

Titus' eyes narrowed at the lion, but quickly turned into a grin when the girl disappeared into the shadows.

His confusion was plain and Cinna breathes a sigh of relief, inching around the other volunteers. She waits for the opportune moment and emerges from the darkness; reaching for the hilts of Ominous Dust that rest on her hips.

"You want a fight?" Cinna wields her Dual Dust Daggers, eyes narrowed. "You've got one!"

Titus kept watching to make sure his team didn't start fighting. He kept his hand on the cube under his poncho. He couldn't blame her for being mad, but he still didn't want his team killing each other. Not yet at least. In time, he could be the one doing the killing, especially if there was another feline on the team.

Well.... this should be a great first semester. What are the chances of another feline being on the team anyway? Titus thought, not yet seeing or paying attention to Raina.

The sudden appearance of the girl startled Pastel, his foot catching on a loose floorboard, and he fell. His head hit the floor with a thump, and although he wasn't pysically hurt, his eyes started to water. He quickly got up and ran out of the classroom, not wanting anyone to see him crying from embarrassment.

Seriously.... Titus thought as he watched the Pastel run out of the room. Titus took his hand of his weapon and took off his grey poncho and set it to the side, revealing the cube that was hanging around his body. He took the cube off and placed it on his poncho. He looked at Cinna and wondered if one of us should go after him.

Don't think we should, after that. He thought to himself.

Cinna stares at the door Pastel rushed out of, stumped. Uh... what?

"Ahem," Professor Brass clears her throat. "Moving on. You, your name?"

"Cinna Taupe, Professor."

Brass, whom had taken a seat in the front row, stands and used her clipboard to gesture - "Your Semblance is weak, but you executed it at the right time. The use of Aura undoubtedly saved your life."

Everything she has heard before is repeated and Cinna nods along, taking it in.

"Return to your seat and pay attention."

She was nicer before she started teaching. Cinna thanks her quietly and takes her seat. She wanted to run after Pastel and demand what his game was - but she wanted to observe the rest of her teammates first.

"You and you," Professor Brass points with her clipboard at Titus and Robin. "Impress me."

Titus' eyes left Cinna's as the teacher pointed at him and... he followed her other finger and saw Robin Ivory, who he had finally noticed.

Damn it.... Another feline... Titus thought, noticing that she was the final teammate, but he nodded.

"To be fairly honest, I have no idea what my Semblance even does. Just know that those who don't need to hear, may want to cover their ears and secure anything that can blow away." Titus suggested, waiting for the snow leopard Faunus to get over on the stage.

Robin takes her place opposite Titus, flicking her hair from her face. Damn ears. She offers her teammate a smile, gesturing towards him - "You may go first."

Titus looks around the class to see if everyone has secured their belongings and covered their ears. He reared his head back and tried howl, but a puppy squeak came out. His face turned red and his ears drooped for a moment.

Robin actually giggles at his underwhelming display. That was it?

"Forgive me. I have already done his once today." Titus said, clearing his throat.

He was ready this time. He looked around and some students were laughing and had uncovered their ears. He quickly tried again and an extremely loud howl came form his mouth, echoing through the class room. A massive gust of wind followed and started a small paper storm of unsecured papers. The howl slowly died down. It had just turned into a fan to him. He was unaware of any effects it may have on a single teammate.

The gust of wind knocks Robin over flat on her bottom. Her eye twitches, annoyed and steadily gets to her feet. Thanks to her super-sensitive Faunus hearing, the sound wasn't appreciated either.

She doesn't wait for him to prepare himself, nor says anything but activates her Aura. A bright white glow outlines her body and she charges forward - but too fast. Her feet stumble and she falls headfirst into the podium behind Titus. Assistant Brass jumps to his feet to avoid any collateral damage.

"It would seem your semblance is a support to others..." Professor Brass notes, writing on her clipboard.

Titus watches as the poor snow leopard went by him and slammed into the podium. He walked over to her and squatted down, "Told you that you may want to close your ears." He smirked, offering a hand to her. He didn't really want to help the feline, but he had to be a teammate at least.

At least he's honest, Robin reluctantly takes his hand.

"Well, I think that concludes your semblance display. Perhaps..." Professor Brass checks her notes. "Robin, you can try again next time. On to Rin Sycamore and Geoff Auburn -"

Embarrassed by not even being able to showcase her semblance, Robin marches up the steps and out of the class, her white ears turning a light shade of pink.

Cinna quickly gets to her feet and follows Robin. She won't let two of her teammates run out of the classrooms without finally introducing herself.

Titus watches the two girls leave. He sighs and walks out to follow them, "Watch your step outside the door. Someone took a shit in the hall. May want to be weary of where you step. I saw a few piles when I was walking to the office as well." Titus warned his team, making sure to say it loud enough for the teachers to hear him.

Robin scrunches her nose and continues to stomp down the hallway, aware of her teammates following behind. Just let me get outside into some fresh air and then - just as she opens the door, she trips over something hard and bony, tumbling into the ground.

Pastel immediately jumps up and turns toward the idiot that tripped over him, wiping his tears.

"Watch it." he said, not even angry. He was too busy trying to stop his tears before his team came looking for him. He still had no idea where they were.

Cinna bursts through the doors and quickly rushes to assist Robin back to her feet. She glances over at the reason Robin tripped and notices Pastel, with tears on his cheeks. She says nothing, not wishing to embarrass him. Then she scowls.

"You! Why did you attack me?"

Titus puts his palm on his head, sighing again. He wasn't sure what to do at the moment, but he joins the other three. Watching blankly... Realizing he forgot his poncho and weapon.

"Damn it.... What a drag this is going to be." He says, somewhat to himself.

"You wouldn't understand." Pastel replied bluntly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find my team."

Titus grabs the lion's shoulder and pulls him back, "Sadly, you have already found them."

Awkward... Cinna rubs the back of her neck. Not off to the best start, but with enough time, perhaps they can become a real team that can depend on one another.

"Cinnamon Taupe," she suddenly says, holding a hand out to whoever will take it. "Just call me Cinna."

"Robin Ivory," Robin shakes her hand.

With the introductions underway, he turn the lion arund and pats him on the shoulders.

"Titantium Timber.... but I really don't care for my full name anymore, so just call me Titus." He saidm shaking the lions hand and then turning away toward the two females.

"Nice to finally meet you all. Although I got to say, we haven't really made a great first impression." He finished.

Pastel frowned. He looked around at them all and committed their faces to memory.

"Well, I know at least one of you is excellent fighter." He sighed.

"Pastel Canvas" he shook Titus's hand.

At that moment, a little dog faunus came running out of the school, "Mr. Wolfy! You forgot your weapon and poncho."

He could tell now that the dog was a female, and as he took the weapon from her, both blushed for a second.

"Thank you." Titus said.

The female nodded and ran back into the school. He turned and shrugged, not knowing exactly what to say.

"I saw that" Pastel remarked. He almost laughed. Glad I don't act like that when I'm near someone I like He paused. Do I?

Cinna looks between them all, worrying. Do they all have a place to stay? Menagerie was hardly a safe place to just sleep on the streets. Without any money, she would have no choice but to stay outside until she could find a job.

"What? I can't help, but blush when something like that randomly happens." Titus tried to explain.

"So like do any of you have a home we can stay at? I was banished from my pack, so I have no where to go at all." Titus said, putting his weapon around his body. He didn't want to put on the poncho this time, so he just tied it around his waste.

Robin sighs. "No, my mother sent me off with no money."

"Uh, same here." Cinna admits. "I suppose I can find a job somewhere..."

"Oh come on. You're all really that poor? I guess you can all like, live in my apartment or something." Pastel said as he rolled his eyes.

"Yep, no money. What you see is what you get. Well.... something you can't see that you can maybe get in the future. But that is a long way from now." Titus grinned, not fully comprehending what he had just said.

Robin quirks a brow at Titus.

"Are you... nevermind." Pastel blushed "Let's just figure out how we're all going to fit. We're probably going to need bunk beds or something."

"It may be best to have canines and and felines in different rooms... at least for a while." Titus suggested.

"No! I mean, I can't afford two rooms." Pastel blurted out. " I may have money but I'm not that rich."

So, we're stuck together... Cinna frowns. "Oh well, let's just get going and figure out the situation when we're there."

"So... all four in one room? That sounds amazing!" Titus exclaimed.

"Sounds like a can of sardines." Pastel growled.

"Please don't mention food.... I could probably eat all three of you right now." Titus snarled.

Cinna runs her tongue along her teeth, hungry herself. "We should get some food first. Pastel, you can pay since you attacked me."
As the sun began to set the group arrived at their destination, a rather large building that was well-kept and stood tall compared to the run-down old shacks nearby.

"The apartment's on the top floor, food's down the street to the left, and schools the way we just came from. Any questions?" Pastel asked.

Titus' tail thrashed, annoyed that the lion faunus was telling him where everything was.

Cinna shakes her head. "None at all. Thanks for letting us stay here." She was a little bitter about the way he attacked her and still wanted an answer - but this was more than enough to make up for it.

"I, umm, I... nevermind. I'm going to get something to eat." he almost apologized for how he'd acted earlier, but he couldn't do it without hurting his ego. He started off down the street.

Titus was glad that the lion was no longer talking. He walked over to the red head named Cinna, "I am not sure we were formerly introduced to one another like you did with the other two. Your clothing looks great. You did well with your Semblance as well." He told her.

His tail swished back and forth and collided with Cinna's tail. It took him by surprise, so he took a small step away, to try to avoid it form happening again.

Robin quirks a brow at Titus, again.

"Thanks, I've always been pretty weak with it. I guess when I needed it the most, my semblance wasn't too bad." Cinna chuckles, for once not feeling like a complete failure with her ability.

"Well," Robin interjects. "I don't know about you two, but I would like a free meal."

Cinna nods. "Does sound nice. Shall we go?"

"SOUNDS GREAT! LETZ GO! As Bullrush would say! Well yell." Titus yelled, trying to match Bullrush's tone.

Pastel took his time walking, he was lost in thought. He just couldn't stop thinking about how everything with his team was going to work out. He was worried, and a bit scared that everything was going to go bad somehow.

He walked up to a stand on the side of the road that had five chairs in front of it. He sat down in one and called out to the vendor.

"I'll have a bowl of rice with fish."

The man nodded at him.

Together Team PRCT walked after their lion 'friend'.

Robin spots Pastel and grabs Cinna and Titus' arms, rushing forward to claim a seat. "Some fish for me, too please sir!"

Titus takes a seat, "A big juicy hotdog with some mayo please! Maybe some fries. On a white bun as well! Thanks!"

"Two servings of fish, please!" Cinna adds to Robin's order, sitting between Pastel and Titus.

Pastel growled at their orders, but didn't interrupt. He was secretly happy that they decided to come.

"You're paying, right?" Robin grins.

"In that case! I will take a nice meat pie as well! If you have those." Titus said, rubbing his stomach, not being able to hide his hunger.

"So, what exactly happened after I, uh, left class?" Pastel asked.

"Snowy over there crashed into a podium while trying to get over to me in a hurry. I guess I howled too loudly for her ears. I didn't know you could run that fast in a short amount of space. She must really be fast!" Titus explained.

"It's because of you that I crashed." Robin growls. "That... howl thing you did! Whatever it was made me stupidly fast and because of you, I now have this!" She brushes her fringe back, revealing a red lump.

"Oh? So my howl made you faster? Hmm, I guess I must be good... I wasn't aware of my semblance. Sorry about that head of yours, Snowy. At least you felines have nine lives. Your name is Robin right?" Titus apologized.

The vendor interrupted them when he came back with all the food. He slid the bowls down in front of them and then turned around and walked into the kitchen again.

"Thank you~" Robin picks up some fish, eating with her bare hands. "Yes, it's Robin. Seven lives thanks to you two."

Pastel grabbed his bowl and shoved his face into it. He devoured the fish as fast as he could, and then stood up, dropping some money on the counter.

"I'm going to the room. Hopefully I can make a pair of bunk beds without having to go through too much trouble."

Cinna reaches over and steals some of Pastel's rice to eat with her fish. "Mm, ok! I'll catch up in a moment." She savors the taste in her mouth, chewing slowly.

Titus let out a small bark as his food arrived. He started shoving it into his mouth like most anime characters do who love food. He made a pretty big mess as his inner wolf took over and he started licking up the crumbs, He burped and then cleaned his mouth.He didn't really pay attention to Pastel leaving, he just wanted his food. After he finished, he glanced over at Cinna, eyes her clothing.

"I am really attracted to your clothing, It feels as if it is calling me. How did you make it? Does it have dust in it?" Titus asked, his tail starting to trash back and forth again.

Cinna nods, finishing the remainder of her meal. "Yes, in the vambraces and boots. Took some trial and error to figure it out, but I found the right person to teach me."

She grabs Robin's finished bowl and piles them on top each other. "We should get back to Pastel's apartment now, it's almost dark."

"Yeah we should. Probably not very safe at night. Do you think you could help me make some clothing with dust in it at a later date?" Titus asked, hope in his eyes.

"Of course!"

Cinna puts the empty dishes on the stall's tabletop. Robin stands to follow, stretching her arms skyward with a yawn that morphs into a mewl. Cinna looks back at her with a smile. "Was that you?"

"No." At Cinna's doubtful expression, Robin pushes her slightly. "Just get going."

Titus barks in excitment. He gets up and stretches, turning into a high pitched yawn that you would hear from a dog.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed, moving quickly to give Cinna a hug, picking her up for a moment and placing her back on the ground. As they turned to walk away, their tails collided once again.

Damn tail! Titus inwardly yelled at his tail, wanting to chase it, but stayed in control.

When Pastel arrived at the room he noticed the four beds he had ordered were in the room, although there wasn't exactly any room between them. He lifted one up, placing it on top of another one. The legs were long enough that the person on the bottom had roughly the same amount of space as the one on top. He grinned, did the same with the other ones, and then waited for the others to arrive.

Cinna follows Pastel's scent to find which apartment belonged to him. Bunk-beds are the first thing she spots. He must have planned for his team to live together from the get-go... Grateful, Cinna pats his shoulder as she walks past him to the farthest bunk-bed, claiming the bottom.

Titus took the top bunk that Cinna had claimed. He would rather not sleep under or above a feline. Plus he wanted to make sure that the leader of the group was safe. If the leader dies, everyone knew the pack would die with it unless another took the place. He was pretty sure that none of them could.

"Bags the top!" Robin used the bottom bunk to hoist herself up.

Pastel was left with the bottom bunk. Not that it mattered to him, he was terrified of heights anyway. Plus, he could see everyone except Robin from his bed. He had a sort of instinct to look out for everyone. Even though he totally didn't care about any of them in the least.

Titus looked up at the roof. He wasn't sure what it was... but even though they were obviously different, these people, his team, felt like the first home he had in a while. He seemed to be accepted.

Cinna removes her heavy armor, all the while looking around the apartment. It wasn't much, but it was far better than the streets. Her team was... well, they would get there eventually.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Team JSMN
Home Sweet Home

Mira stomped her foot angrily, the sound echoing through the long hall which was the academy infirmary. "Let us through, dammit! She's our teammate, we have a right to visit her as per the aca-"

"I'm sorry, but it's a no. We're having an emergency situation here and visitors are not allowed inside any of the patients' rooms." the short nurse replied, shaking her head. She spoke determinedly, but was visibly intimidated by the rather large spider woman staring right at her.

"Emergency? Jai- I mean, Sahn, do something! Tell her we need to go through!" Mira said and turned to her teammate.

"We need to go through." Sahn gladly obliged. The nurse crossed her arms, unmoved. Sahn shrugged and looked at her teammate. "We tried."

Mira sighed in frustration. "Well at least tell us what's going on!" she pleaded, looking over the nurse's shoulder to see numerous medics walking in an out of one of the rooms in a hurry.

"Eh, I'm sure it's nothing anyway." Jairo replied, appearing behind the pair, a sly grin on his face. "I'd be more worried about the other dude, to be honest." He appeared to have a few cuts on his face, though most were unnoticeable; and was in a surprisingly good mood compared to a few hours earlier. He hopped onto his sister's shoulders and motioned for them to turn around. "Come on, we'll be able to visit her tomorrow." he said. Mira sighed in frustration and reluctantly followed her two teammates back to the main academy hall.

"Did you get to see her?" she asked after they had walked some distance away from the nurse.

Jairo shook his head. "Nah. Too difficult." He cleared his throat as Sahn looked up at him with her two extra spider-eyes, the jet-black beads eyeing him carefully. "What'd I miss?" he asked.

"There were a bunch of more fights – a wolf faunus, a horse faunus…" Mira listed, flipping through her notebook. "I wrote down their weapons and fighting styles, in the event that we are ever put against them. Oh, and Sahn fought against a big Rhino faunus as well." she added.

"Oh?" Jairo asked, letting out a small chuckle. "How'd it go?" he asked his sister mockingly, stretching two of his arms while he rested the other two on her head.

"Swimmingly." she replied, and pulled out a small chink of metal which had somehow lodged itself in between her teeth, flicking it away.

"I've listed him as weaponless from now on." Mira smiled. "Our team's performed very well today, though I'm still worried about Nel…" she said, her expression shifting back to anxiety. The corridor opened into the large hall where the opening announcement was made. The sun was beginning to set outside, and students, teachers and teams were now starting to leave the building. One student cursed loudly as he stepped in what looked like a pile of dung in the middle of the hall. Team JSMN - or rather team JSM – exited the academy and headed for the main town near Faunus Academy, which also happened to be the 'capital' of Menagerie, Porsh. Capital was more of an overstatement as the rocky nature of Menagerie meant there were very few habitable places on the large island, and the only relatively safe place to live in was the city of Porch. Dubbed 'Porcherie' or pigsty by some people, the city was for the most part a dirty, claustrophobic slum with narrow alleys and small unkempt apartments provided by the humans when the faunus had been moved to Menagerie. Despite this, some areas were better than others, though the houses there were mostly reserved for the rich and influential inhabitants of the city. In the center of it all was a community-run soup kitchen, used by whoever couldn't get a job and pay for food themselves.

The small dingy shops were beginning to close up as the three teammates walked down the narrow street. "So, where do you two live? Got an appartment somewhere?" Mira asked as they turned a corner and nearly bumped into a woman carrying 2 large grocery bags.

"Nah. We got pairs of hammocks set up across the town, so we usually just pick the closest one." Jairo replied, shrugging.

"He's really picky about cleanliness, too." Sahn chuckled, to which her brother hit her on head angrily.

"I've got an appartment just a few blocks away, so you can always come to me if you need a place to stay." Mira offered. "It's a little small, but it should probably accommodate all of us."

Before Sahn had a chance to reply, Jairo put all four of his hands on her face and cleared his throat loudly. "It's cool. We don't want to ah, take up space or whatever. We'll be fine." he declined, faking a smile as Sahn pried his hands off her mouth.

Raising an eyebrow at how cheerful he was, Mira nodded respectfully. "As you wish then. I'll see you two tomorrow morning, and we can check on Nel." she said.

"Night." The two siblings replied simultaneously as they parted ways.

Some time later, they had finally reached a suitable building. On the roof were two hammocks tied between clusters of old chimneys and half-broken ventilation units, one being impressively large and the other much smaller. Cans of dried peaches were strewn across the floor, along with a few books and magazines.

Jairo hopped off his sister's shoulders and yawned. "Home sweet home." he said sarcastically, kicking an empty can across the ground and taking off his breastplate.

Sahn sighed and sat on the ground, leaning against one of the pipes as she took off her heavy armor. "What'd you do to her?" she asked bluntly, looking at her brother.

"Nothing serious, calm your eggs." Jairo asked, waving off her concerns. "Turns out birdbrain just needed a little… convincing."

Mira reached the entrance to her building, and sighed. Just walk straight and ignore everything. She told herself. Just stay the course. She slowly opened the door to the ground floor. The second she opened it, an overpowering smell filled her nostrils – or rather, combination of smells. Alcohol, cigarette smoke and urine had all fused into the horrific stench that wafted through the entire dimly lit room. A few feet away from the door was a table, and around it were a group of men playing cards. As she stepped inside, one of them whistled at her to come over. Mira ignored the man and headed straight for the door across the room leading to the staircase. To her left was the bar, lined with various bottles of different drinks, each likely more intoxicating than the other. The bartender who also happened to be the concierge was an elderly llama faunus with a thick mustache and eyebrows. He waved amicably at the young owl faunus. Mira opened the door to the staircase and closed it behind her, unable to stand the intolerable stench on the ground floor. Light is broken… again. she thought to herself, climbing up the poorly lighted stairs to the fourth floor. After a few minutes of struggling with the lock, she managed to pry the door open.

The difference between this floor and ground floor was like night and day. Aside from the cracks in the concrete and plaster peeling off the house, the small appartment was spot-clean. Two relatively clean mattresses were laid on the floor in the two corners of the room, and a small cooker with various boxes and cans of food were in the corner. The steam resulting from the fact that someone was showering in the bathroom filled the single-room appartment. I'm surprised we even have hot water today.

"I'm home, Val!" Mira called out over the noise. Her tiger faunus roommate probably hadn't heard her over her own singing, but it was fine. Mira dropped her weapon and notebook and fell onto her mattress. After getting changed, she had a quick, unsatisfying meal and returned to her mattress. A few moments of sitting in silence and listening to the sound of her roommate's… subpar singing, she sat up turned to her nightstand, which had a small radio on top of it. She looked at her watch and hurriedly took the radio and turned it on. After a second or two of crackling, the radio fell silent.

"H-hello?" Mira asked tentatively.

"Geez, took you long enough!" a voice suddenly replied, causing the radio to screech with feedback at the volume.

"Quiet down, Misk!" Mira hissed, quickly lowering the volume of the radio. "You know I've got a new schedule now."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that! So how was your first day of girl scouts?" Musk teased.

"For the last time, it's an academy just like Beacon. And yes, it was a fairly good first day. It went better than I expected, that's for sure." Mira replied.

"Ah, cool off, sister, I'm just teasin'. But then if it's like Beacon, it means you got a team, didn't you?" she asked.

"Yeah, four people. It's me, this other bird girl, and two spider faunus siblings."

"Whoa, damn! Spider faunus? That's some exotic shit right there." Misk laughed, causing the radio to crackle a little.

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like them, and we have a lot of different animals in the academy. Oh, and we also had fights today."

"Oh! And how'd my fragile little sister do?"

"I won, obviously!" Mira answered, frowning. "What do you mean, fragile?"

"I'm just jooookiiiing. Who was it against?" her sister replied.

"One of my teammates, actually – one of the spider siblings. We fought to see who would be the leader of the team, and I won. After that, the bird girl fought against a giant snake guy, and they both got hurt pretty bad. The other spider also fought too, literally tore a sword to shreds in her mouth."

"Damn, sounds like a reliable team you got there. At least I know someone out there's gonna keep your weak ass safe!" Misk laughed.

Mira sighed. "Well, what about you? Found a group yet? "Mia asked half-heartedly.

"Dammit, you had to ask, didn't you? I was gonna keep it a surprise. But yes, I finally found a group of other faunus. A bunch of families actually, so no chances them being creeps like the last bunch. I get a feeling the kids are gonna piss me off though."

Mira's eyes lit up at the revelation. "That's amazing! How big are they?"

"Surprisingly big, actually. They travel around a lot to avoid humans – smartest thing I've heard anyone do around here – and they mostly just scavenge around. Found 'em on a hunting trip and they practically accepted me with open arms."

Mira grinned, despite knowing that her older sister obviously couldn't see her. "You can finally be safe now! We-"

The radio suddenly began crackling, which was suddenly followed by the sound of children talking. "Ah, crap. Kids got into my tent. I'll talk to you later, need to put this thing away before the little shits break it or something." And with that, the radio crackled one last time before dropping back to silence.

Mira sighed, took off her glasses and fell back into her mattress. What a day…

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Titus: FaunAc Student
Moon Lit Roof

Titus opened his eyes, unable to sleep. He had never slept in a bed before, and he usually stayed up at night. He turned over, looking at the two feline faunus. They both seemed to be sleeping peacefully enough.

Titus slowly climbed out of bed and silently dropped down from the top bunk. He checked on Cinna, she to, seemed to be sleeping peacefully. He walked to the bathroom and then to a window that was over on the far side of the house. He opened it and quietly climbed out of the window, using some of the roof to pull himself up. He slowly walked to the top of the incline of the roof and took a seat, looking up at the sky. He looked up at the moon that always seemed like it was shattered. He had the urge to howl, but it didn't want to wake up his friends. After a few minutes of looking up at the moon, his eyes moved to the city.

"Is it really ok for me to live like this while so many other suffered?" He asked himself.

A small gust of wind greeted him, with a faint smell of cedar wood on it. He was probably the only one who could smell it, but it made him relax. It was extremely hard for him to work with felines after what had happened. He almost hated felines as much as he hated humans. Even though at least the humans were capable of compassion that he knew. He was unsure about felines. With that thought, he wondered how Pastel could afford an apartment when most couldn't. Why did he had the money to pay for food and to pay for an apartment like this?

After about 30 minutes of sitting on the roof, looking at the moon and city, he found himself yawning. He slowly walked across the roof and slipped quietly back into the room. He walked over to the Robin first as he saw her shivering a bit and the cover was half off. He carefully pulled the cover up over her a little more. He honestly didn't know why she was shivering. She was a snow leopard, wasn't she supposed to be one with the snow? He wondered if he needed to even try to pull the cover up or not.

He checked on Pastel next. The lion was fine, so he didn't do anything. He then checked on Cinna next who seemed to be fine. He smiled as she relaxed in the bed. Again he was glad she was the leader. He couldn't wait to start learning more about dust clothing.

Quietly, he climbed back up and into his bed, trying not to shake it much.

"Never thought I'd be checking on damn felines. But I should at least try to be friends with them." Titus whispered to himself.

He felt wind come from a crack somewhere in the apartment. Within seconds, of trying to fall asleep. He was out.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years

Loth Griever & Artemis Gale

Finding the Way

Beacon Academy

Loth left the class and arrived at the dorms before the others. He left his gunblade behind his bed, and grabbed a letter from the floor.

"Mr. Griever: From today's class I've prepared special training for you. Meet me at my office when all classes are over. Professor Wolfstank".

Loth walked through the hallways, checking every classroom, signs, memorizing everything, thinking about today's class and the letter from Mr. Wolfstank; what kind of training could have he prepared? He thought that it might have something to do with his semblance. After all, he didn't had the chance to use it properly yet. Although he tried the best he could, today in the fight with Alex; his semblance was more of a problem than an asset during the combat.
He kept walking and exploring the academy, sometimes looking inside the classrooms. He passed an office with a sign on it "Professor Lans, Beacon Headmaster". Passing by a window from one of the classrooms: A familiar feeling stroke him. He slowed down and gave a glance at one of the students sitting separated from everyone else. The sunlight reflected on his eyes; 'Interesting' he thought himself, and kept walking.

Leaving one of the offices nearby was a slender girl, with black hair wrapped up in a ponytail. She seemed to be carrying some kind of bag, and a rifle hung from a strap on her shoulder. Although she moved with determination, she didn't seem familiar with her surroundings, having stopped to examine a small book she was carrying, glancing from it to the buildings around her. As he walked close to the walls, he bumped into a girl, she dropped a book she was carrying. Loth grabbed the book and handed it back to her, "Excuse me, I'm a little out of myself" He said, trying to be polite.

"Watch where you're going." the girl said sharply. She snatched the book from Loth's outstretched hand, flipping through the pages to find her previous spot. Dusting herself off, she looked around once more. "Well then. And you are?" She eyed the man questioningly.

Loth's poker face described his thoughts perfectly. He was unsure of how to interact with her. "My name is Loth, what's yours? He kept his distance, again unsure of anything about this person. His lack of social skills, sure was not helping.

"Artemis. Do you have any idea where the dorms are? This map is outdated and useless." The girl motioned to the book she had been holding, which upon closer inspection seemed to be some kind of handbook, with a rough campus outline.

"Just behind me is the Headmaster's office, right next to it there's a board with the location of the dorms. But if you keep walking in that direction you'll find the dorms". At this point, Loth had explored the academy almost entirely. He made a step back and pointed at the board next to the Headmaster's office.

"Interesting. I didn't notice that before. It looks like you're right about them being this direction though. Guess I'll be off then" Artemis stated unemotionally, tucking her map away in her bag. She turned towards the direction of the dorms.

"You seem a bit lost. I can show you around if you want". He said, stepping aside from Artemis's way.

Thanks, but I can find my way just fine. I don't need a tour guide."

"Just so you know, in that direction are the dorms of the first floor, the other half are in the second floor, which you won't find in that way. Are you sure you know where you're going?"

Artemis faltered, then sighed. "Fine, I guess it couldn't hurt to have someone who knows the place. Lead the way." She gestured towards the walkway.

"Let's look at the boards first and see in what floor are your dorms" He said and turned around.

They headed to the board and inspected it to find Artemis's name on it. "It's ordered alphabetically by surnames. He spotted his name; Griever, Loth. A few lines up he saw: Gale, Artemis.
"Here you are; Gale, Artemis" He said and pointed his finger where her name was.

"Yes, dorm HABT, I already knew that. The real question is where exactly that is." she replied, glaring at Loth. "You do know where that is, right?"

Loth had almost every dorms signs memorized. "Sure, your dorms are near mine's. This way" He turned around and walked.

Artemis followed, keeping a generous space between herself and her newfound guide. She didn't know what this guy was up to, but he seemed to be trying awfully hard to help out a stranger. Hope he doesn't think I owe him one for this... I could have easily done this on my own...

The pair continued their little trek, with Artemis occasionally stopping to make mental note of areas around campus. She paid special attention to classroom blocks and training spots.

Loth walked ahead of Artemis the whole time, as if he was walking alone. "Well, this are my dorms, and those are yours."

The girl looked at him, the cold look still in her eyes. "Ah yes. I see. I'll be going now then."

And with that, Artemis left her new companion standing where he was, and pulled on the door of her new dorm. She could hear voices inside, probably from her "teammates". This would be an interesting semester indeed.​

Foxrally

Years
Missions

xO7lhQs.jpg
Beacon

A month had passed since the talented new huntsmen and huntresses' arrival. Teams now knew each other fairly well, and most had demonstrated exemplary results in fighting skill both alone and in teams. All students had gone through basic theory classes and training - now it was time to put them into the field. A few dozen missions were presented to students, and they were free to choose whichever they felt the most confident in. Some were inland, within the kingdom, while a select few were set in a peculiar uncharted island: Island G.

Team TTIS - Inland A - Save trapped villagers
Team SHLD - Inland B - Locate and capture faunus
Loth and Leon - Inland C - Track and Arrest
Team HABT - Offland A - Gather and collect cargo
Team STLL - Offland B - Scout and plant beacon
Team CAOX - Offland C - Explore and Eradicate
vKIcNmM.png
FaunAc

A whole month had gone by since the semester had started, and the professors were confident that the students would be good enough for some fieldwork training by now. Teammates had grown accustomed to each other and while their training had had some bumps here and there, with many students dropping out due to their injuries, the students were for the most part good to go for some field action. A few dozen missions were assigned across teams, based on the teachers' estimates of who would do well in what mission. Some were inland, within Menagerie itself, while a select few were set in a peculiar uncharted island: Island G.

Team BROS - Inland A - Investigate sewer infestation
Team PRCT - Inland B - Prevent gang war
Team LGHT - Inland C - Destroy ocean beacons
Team JSMN - Offland A - Gather and collect cargo
Team GRNT - Offland B - Scout and plant beacon
Team CVCL - Offland C - Steal, Explore and Eradicate

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
feg6ceb.png

completely-nonsense.regular.png

bTYII0L.png

The ships propellers were whirring and spinning at an incredible speed... creating a dull hum that perpetuated the ship as it soared above the water. Ten sat sharpening his sword against the wall of the vehicle. This was their first major incursion to an off site area to complete a mission. The task? Bring a beacon to the top of a mountain. It seemed simple, yet Ten knew that he and his team wouldn't have been going if it was some second rate job.

Liara rolled the beacon in her hand gently. It was a small glowing white ball with a button. Upon being pressed it would allegedly float into the air and release a powerful beam of light. Making it simple to locate for cartographers and charters that would be taking note of the island.

"This little thing is going to make it so the government can colonize an entire island huh?... That's insane." She furrowed her brow slightly and looked over to Sullivan whom was kneading the hilt of his blade awkwardly, trying to calm his nerves. He was the most anxious of the group at a glance, he seemed to possess the least power out of all of the groups members and he was scared to let everyone down. Over a months training he had barely risen his semblance to the next level and some of the teachers had begun to watch him a little more carefully than before.

Liara opened her mouth, as if about to say something, but faltered and looked to Ten instead for help.

"Sully, you ready? I'm gonna need you to watch my back out there. You know ranged attacks aren't my forté most of the time."

Sullivan jumped a little but smiled cheerfully in Ten's direction as he always did, giving a cheesy thumbs up sign to boot. Feeling needed would ease his nerves, if only slightly. "Haha! You got it buddy! No need to worry with me around."

A small beep and click noise was heard as the intercom for the airship blared to life. Lucinda sat idly near the open door of the ship, looking down she saw that they were some 300 feet out from the island shore... flying high above the water.

"Team STLL of Beacon. Your requested height and distance have been met. Are you prepared for your pre-determined landing procedures?"

Tenerus stood from his seat, along with the rest of his team and spoke on their behalf. "Tenerus Stone, speaking on behalf of Team STLL. We're ready to drop sir."

A few moments passed before the intercom blared alive again. "Landing altitude locked and secured. You're good to go. Good luck recruits."

Tnerus nodded and opened a compartment on the wall of the ship. They had been practicing this landing procedure for months. The wave formations on the water surrounding the island were perfect for the plan they had in mind. Now all that remained was the execution. With that in mind...

Tenerus handed out surf-boards to his team. Blue for Liara, Red for Sullivan, Dark Green for Lucinda and White for himself.

"This plan is still totally insane. You know that right?" Liara said with a slight degree of worry forming in her expression.

"Crazy enough to work I hope..." Sullivan said, taking the board and pulling his collar awkwardly.

"I... believe in Tenerus..." Lucinda said, standing at the opening with a resolute nod, the other two following suit. Tenerus stood behind them.

It had been a month... he had come to know, trust and respect each member of his team. Sullivan was smarter than he looked... he was passionate and biased... but his heart was strong. Liara was arrogant and pompous yes, but her eyes always held a hidden message, one that usually cared. Lucinda didn't say much... but there was something there she had for Tenerus, something like a hidden admiration and respect. He knew all three of these people, he had grown close to them... now it was time to test that resolve.

He turned to have his back facing his team and dropped his board on the ground in front of him. He stepped onto the device and two clamps rose up to lock his feet in place. He followed this by reaching into his pocket, retrieving a pair of aviator goggles and placing them upon his head. The three behind him did the same, so as to follow their leaders actions.

He wouldn't let them down. He wouldn't let the people who followed him down again.

"STLL!"

"Yes sir!"

"Fall!"

All four members jumped backwards out of the opening and began to plummet downwards towards the ground, a quick flip and they were upright, their boards facing downwards. Tenerus having just a slight bit of extra altitude on the others in order to foresee the actins taking place below. It was time for step one.

"LUCINDA!" Tenerus screamed as loud as he could to be heard over the rushing wid and Lucinda followed suit. She focused all of her energy and allowed her semblance to flair, her ark green aura exuding from her and flailing upwards as she fell. Pulses of shifting gravity shot through the water feet below, the tide and torrent of the waves was put out of place and slight ripples began to form on the waters surface.

"SULLIVAN!"

Sullivan turned himself around and held his hands out forward. "Focus Sully... focus..." He thought to himself. He couldn't falter, not here, not now.

As if in response to his desperation a large kinetic burst shot forward at a high velocity from his outstretched palms, striking the surface of the water and causing the thrashing waves to rise up and almost roar in response to the shifting gravity and aggressive forceful strike.

"I-I did it! TEN I DID IT!"

Tenerus smirked in relief and pride as Sullivan succeeded, before crying out again.

"LIARA!"

"Alright! My turn!" Liara cried as she aimed the exhaust valve of her steam blade outwards towards the spiraling torrents below. With a quick sharpening of her focus and the squeezing of her weapons trigger. A powerful blast of steam rocketed downwards, and struck the rising spiral of water and gravity hard from the side. Lucinda released her grip of the liquid and it collapsed forward, knocked over by the force of the steam, to form a massive wave. With precise timing, Liara, Sullivan and Lucinda touched down on the top of the wave and just about managed to keep their balance as Tenerus dropped in just behind them.

"I-IT WORKED?! HAHA IT ACTUALLY WORKED!" Sullivan cried out as they started to surf quickly towards the shore.

"Heh... not bad Tenerus." Liara commented, though over the roaring winds and coursing water, he was sure none could hear her.

"Tenerus! Watch out! Lucinda was the one who cried and pointed, however, as she looked back to Tenerus. He had felt it too, a sudden surge of danger erupted through his nervous system as an attack was somehow launched at him from behind. He drew his sword and turned, just to see a massive aquatic Grimm lunging towards him, using the wave as a sort of spring pad to jump forward.

It was a black finned creature resembling a great white. The white mask it bore on its head portrayed exactly four eyes through its gaps and the huge fangs it bore seemed to glisten with a shining dark... like onyx reflecting the sun.

Tenerus allowed his recently evolved Semblance to flair... it was faster now... and it granted him far superior strength to before. He swung his blade with a speed that the Grimm could never has predicted and sliced boldly over its snout. Knocking it back into the wave behind them. It wasn't done however, Tenerus could see it in the water, moving swiftly along, ready to take chunks out of its opponents once more.

"Everyone focus on maintaining their balance until the shore! I'll take care of this!"

The Grimm launched again and Teneru swung in a rising arc, launching the fish back a decent amount further than the first time and causing a black, sickly blood to leak in streaks through the water. The Grimm was smart, it was learning... that last attack had been a fraction slower than the first, as if trying to fake Tenerus out. Was this the true strength of a real Grimm? Tenerus prepared himself for another frontal attack... but it never came. He began to worry slightly. He was certain he hadn't finished it off... but then where?

He had his answer within seconds as rising up from the waves, the Shark Grimm bit through Tenerus' surf board, sending him plunging into the rushing wave along with the beast.

"TENERUS!" Liara turned, ready to plunge in after him, but Sullivan called to stop her. "No! Liara don't!"

"What?! Are you insane?! We can't just LEAVE him!" Sullivan tightened his gaze and shouted back in response to this, a stern tone wracking through his voice.

"He told us to keep atop the wave for a reason! He can handle this, he is our leader, now DO AS HE SAYS!" Liara faltered a second as Sullivan shouted so sternly at her, in response she let out an irritable growl... but turned forward to ride the wave once again.

In the water, Tenerus struggled to stay upright as the water flowed around him, threatening to leave him behind. The goggles he had worn for falling now worked surprisingly well as an aid to his underwater vision. He quickly got as many of his bearings back as he could, only to see the Shark Grimm from before swim past him once more, its eyes were locked on Lucinda's board. It seemed to have the intention of stranding them all in the water... to pick them off one by one. Tenerus wouldn't allow that.

He used his new speed from the advanced level of his semblance to surge forward, he rose his blade up high, using all the strength he could muster to bring it down once more despite the resistance of the water. The sharpened tip pierced the area underneath the Grimm's mask and it was driven into a frenzy, it rushed forward along with the wave at an unbelievable rate... following the water as best as it could...

The island was growing closer... as Tenerus desperately tried to hold his breath for a little longer. It was getting more difficult by the second as water rushed against his face, threatening to fill his lungs, his aura could only protect him for so long. Closer, closer and closer still... he had to hold on a little longer. Just for a few more moments... just a few more!

"Ten! Buddy! Where are you?!" Sullivan cried out across the beach. The three of them had landed safely on the shore as the wave dissipated, but Tenerus was nowhere to be found. They had been searching the beach for at least ten minutes with no sign of him at all.

"Damn it! Sullivan you should have let me help him!" Liara growled in contempt as she gripped Sullivan by the collar and he looked away in what could've been a moment of shame, but it was too quick to notice as he bounced back just as fast.

"Then what?! I'd have to look for both of you with lucinda, is that it?!"

Liara fumed at this equally aggressive response and raised a fist, as if ready to give Sullivan a black eye when Lucinda spoke up, pointing towards the shore.

"Tenerus..."

The two stopped fighting and turned with an expression of shock as Tenerus stepped out of the water. He was soaking wet, down to the bone. There was a cut across his face where a small drop of blood flowed down... and still thrashing and flopping gently on his sword was the dying body of the large aquatic Grimm. He dragged his foe slowly to the beach, across the sand... Tenerus took some small satisfaction in the fact that his opponent was on his own turf and much like Tenerus himself mere minutes before, could not breathe.

The others, with awe filled expressions watched as Tenerus stopped before them. He looked down with contempt at the grimm on the end of the blade and quickly snapped his weapon forward with a grunt. The creature he had pinned down released a quick and agonized cry as the life left its body and Tenerus sheathed his blade.

Sullivan felt his jaw drop in awe... Liara released Sullivan as her eyes widened somewhat in shock... and Lucinda simply clapped her hands together lightly and smiled.

"Well... I mean..." Tenerus started a little awkwardly.

"It definitely could've gone worse."

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Kxkn79E.jpg
-Team SHLD
Selena Harter
Harley Barrett
Lars Berrardi
Dylan Arrianou
Slice of Life​

In the time that he had been gone, Dylan and Harley had begun putting their various belongings away. Loud snickering behind him caused Dylan to turn around, revealing Harley proudly displaying a 16-pack of grape soda she had produced from her suitcase. In an instant she had torn open the packaging and was already halfway through the first one, tossing one at Dylan and another at Selena. Having trained reflexes, Dylan caught it easily enough, though his face was the picture of bewilderment. Selena managed to dodge the projectile bottle. It was hardly the most healthy option out there, but she didnt trust the school to give her the option of being picky.

"How did you even fit that in there?" Dylan glanced over at Harley, after looking down at his drink with furrowed brows.

Harley finished the can and crushed it before tossing it into the trash can on the other side of the room, already popping another one open. "I've been told I'm really good at packing things." After saying so she flung her suitcase open, revealing a number of clothing articles and other miscellanious items that seemed to be neatly, yet forcibly packed in around and under where the box had been.

What Dylan assumed to be clothes seemed to have been folded an impossible number of times—a feat likely only to be accomplished by someone with her unnatural strength. Thoughts of how she had managed to attain that power began dotting his mindscape as he took a thoughtful swig of the sugary drink, scrunching up his face at the initial carbonation. His train of thought, however, was interrupted with the return of Selena's friend.

"You're back?" Lars halted as Selena's question barely gave him enough time to slip through the door. What startled him more the nature of the question. He'd barely been able to spend any time in his new 'home' and she was already trying to kick him out?

"Why? Am I not supposed to be?" He responded sharply. It wasnt exactly clear to him what Selena was implying, but either way he was offended. He could never tell, but she seemed dismissive of his hostility, and for that he was thankful.

"So what did the head want? It's not often you get called up by the top." Selena's demeanour became much more relaxed. Lars squinted. She was obviously expecting something. He wasnt sure if he even wanted to give her the satisfaction of knowing. There were few things he found more entertaining than messing with Selena, so he wouldnt waste a good opportunity to do it without her knowing.

"Eh, he's just callin up all the team leaders." He grinned, knowing he'd hit a nerve. He got exactly what he wanted, with an amusing growth of suspicion gracing his teammates face.

"Y-you're the...team leader." Selena responded, tilting her head in disbeleif. She glanced back at the other two members of the team to see if they were as shocked as she was, but that was hardly the case. Before she could verbally express her distate for the appointment, Lars had already chosen to dismiss the conversation and headed to the kitchen. Seeing this out of the corner of her eye, Harley continued to pack but called over her shoulder to him, a mark of amusement evident in her voice. "Just don't touch my soda kiddo." She paused for a moment as if she were about to say something else, but shook her head and decided to leave it at that. Accusations probably wouldn't contribute much to good relations in the group, and this wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Whatever helped the kid sleep better at night.

"Lars!" Selena called out, following promptly behind. She found him rummaging through the fridge. With what sounded like an affirmative noise that came from the fridge, Selena gave her teammate a nudge to catch his attention. "You're the te-"

"So, what's the dinner plan?" Lars interrupted, removig his head from the near empty fridge. He noticed that Selena remained determined to get to the bottom of the situation, which only served to amuse him more. He left the fridge, forcing Selena's natural OCD to prompt her to run back and close it, before chasing behind into the living room. "Hey, you guys got any idea what we're gonna eat?" He posed the question to his other two teammates, since the third was busy agonizing over the idea of him being the team leader.

Dylan perked up again, disconnecting from his inner thoughts which had resumed their pace some time after Lars returned. "I...guess whatever's good at the mess hall? We don't really have much choice in what we eat, unless you want to go into town, and I'm not sure they'll let us do that. When did they say dinner was anyway?"

"Can't say I heard anything about dinner." Lars shrugged, clutching his grumbling stomach in frustration. "Lena, what do ya think about ordering something?" He glanced back at his much richer teammate, who still seemed to be lost in thought. Her blank expression made Lars groan in frustration. He knew how much it meant to her, but she was seriously taking this too far. "I'm not actually the leader!" He exclaimed, rolling his eyes. Selena seemed to snap straight out of her trance almost immidiately in response to the good news. "So...food?"

"Oh, right." She beamed pulling out her bulging purse. "Any idea what you guys want?"

"Oh you don't have to pa-"

"Pizza sounds good." Lars interrupted, hopping onto the sofa, and discovering the untouched bottle of grape soda.

"Don't even think about it Berradi," Harley quickly asserted, hopping off of her bed and moving over to the sofa to claim her discarded treasure. "You almost gave the poor girl a heart attack. I do however agree with you. Pizza sounds good." She quickly uncapped the drink and took a long swig, sending a sideways glance that seemed to dare him to do something about it. This lasted for little more than a second before she moved the drink away to reveal that same boistrous grin. She now turned her attention to Selena, her eyes lingering on the purse for a moment before focusing on her eyes. "You sure you want to pay for it yourself though? I wouldn't mind throwin in a little."

"It's no big deal." Selena shrugged, ending Lars' long raised brow glare at Harley. On a normal day, she knew Lars wouldve pounced at the oppourtunity to attack Harley over that grape soda. He must really have been hungry. Not that it was important, she was just happy to do her part for the team. "Besides, if it shuts Lars up, I'll happily do my part." She chuckled, rummaging through her pockets for some sort of mobile device.

"See that, I got you guys free food." Lars smirked, stretching out across the sofa, and closing his eyes.

***​

"Down." Selena ordered, shoving Lars's feet, which were lodged firmly on the coffee table. "Alright, so we have the Tuna and sweetcorn split with meatlovers..." She groaned, sliding the large, heavy box on the table. Her groan was more out of satisfaction than strain, after having had to carry the boxes all that way. "And, we have the olives and onions with pepperoni."

Dylan, who had been zoning out to while listening to music, quickly shot up from his bed—nearly dropping his scroll in the process— and stumbled over to Selena, both alarmed and annoyed at himself that he hadn't thought to help her bring the food in. "You know you could have asked for help or something! It's not like we were doing anything-" He cut off the ending of that sentence sharply as his face scrunched up. "Wait did you say tuna and sweetcorn?" What sort of ungodly union of ingredients was this? More to the point what kind of taste buds did this girl have? As soon as he realized the shape his face had taken he quickly did his best to mask his distaste, though it may have already had it's effect. "Well that's... uh..."

"What kind of combination of ungodly ingredients is that?" Harley blurted out, voicing Dylan's thought with every ounce of unfiltered emotion he had imagined saying it with. Her own face seemed to mimic his own, though she was unable to hold it and ended up bursting into another laughing fit. One of her hands found its way to her mouth to try and quell the torrent of laughter as she realized how mean she probably looked right now, but she couldn't help herself. Partially ashamed, she turned her head away, managing to convert the laughter into soft snickering.

Overwhelmed by the barrage of questions and direct attack to her favourite choice of pizza topping, Selena had been left pretty speechless.There was a lot to be surprised about there; whether it was that Harley was very much a snickerer, Lars agreed with whatever it was that the other felt about her pizza, and weird pizza combinations were apparently Dylan's trigger. She thought of responding with a sharp retort directed at Harley's choice of olives, but she herse,f didnt hate the things. It wouldve been pretty hypocritical. She glared down at the chuckling Lars, ensuring he didnt get involved.

"Is it really that funny?" She glanced between the trio, all of whom had been pretty judgemental of her decision. "No more tuna. Noted." She sighed, throwing herself into the empty space on the sofa. She wasnt so much annoyed, as she was simply confused by the reaction.

"No..." Harley managed to get out. "No I'm so sorry..." The girl had managed to finally curb that infectious laughter, and now felt genuinely guilty. "I really just haven't even heard of that combination before. I wasn't expecting it at all, leastways not from you. I mean that in a good way! Well as good as I can mean it... anyway, the point is you're free to eat what you want. I'm sorry for laughing." She then reached over to pat Selena's head as if she were attempting to comfort an embarrased child.

"I mean, it's n-" She began, before being cut off by Lars, who spoke with a mouthful of pizza.

"I told you. It's not like tuna and swee..." He stopped, furrowing his brows, as his pizza had been stained with a perculiar taste. Not beef, not chicken and certainly not bacon. It was a sweet taste. Far too sweet for his liking. "Pineapple!" He blurted out in disgust, heaving slightly, and dropping the leftover bits from his mouth into the bin beside him. "Seriously, pineapple?" He glared at Selena, his expression much more serious than the situation probably called for.

"Oh my god, seriously?" She took a deep breath, doing well to maintain her composure. "You were all there when I made the order, and no one had any complaints then." She exhaled the breath she'd taken before beginning her own complaint. "We can just break the pizza in half, and the problem's solved, right?" She knew she wasnt far from boiling over, but the fact she was dealing with Lars hadnt occured to her when trying to come up with the most logical solution.

"You say it like it's that simple. By now all those fruit juices have probably soaked into the base. How can I eat bacon that's been marinated in pineapple juice?" He threw his arms up, and slouched back into the chair.

"Right, I'm done." Selena said flatly, grabbing her box that she was supposed to be sharing with Lars, and headed to her room.

"Well, you can suck it up for one, Mr. Free Pizza." Harley quickly interjected, having returned to her playful, somehow slightly intimidating smirk. She gave the same sideways glare at Lars as she took a bite of her pizza.

"This coming from Miss. 'ungodly ingrediants'." He rolled his eyes, glancing back at Harly. The was something aaout the smirk she was sending his way, that forced him to look away almost immidately. "You wouldn't be saying that if you had to split with tuna and pineapple."

At this, Dylan finally spoke up, albiet with a hint of hesitation. A quick glance at Harley told him that if he didn't say something, she might elevate the situation. She meant well, but sometimes intimidation wasn't the answer. "You know if it's that much of a big deal to you, you can just take my pepperoni half. I'll just go get it from Selena."

Talk about a downgrade. Lars glared off into the distance, ensuring neither of his teammates saw it. "I suppose I can accept that." He glanced up at Harley expectantly. While he was no stranger to putting his own desires aside every now and then, he was not prepared to stand up and be the 'bigger man'.

Harley shrugged him off, pushing off the couch and moving across the room to the fridge for another drink, but not before muttering something loud enough for Lars to hear. "At least we have one man on the team." Despite her 'indirect' dig being clearly directed at Lars, the future huntsman made no effort to form any sort of retort.

Desiring to be rid of the hostile environment, Dylan grabbed what was left of his drink and another from the fridge before exiting the room and heading to the girls room and stopping to knock at the door.

"Come in!" Selena responded flatly, making no effort to mask her annoyance.

Dylan winced at her tone and briefly considerd turning back, but in the end decided to stow the reluctance and reached forward to grasp at the handle. He found the door swinging open rather easily though, as if it had been hastily shut, which wasn't hard to believe given the manner of her leaving. "Sorry." It slipped out before he could stop himself. "That was mean... I'm talking about what we did in the room. I'm sorry about that. It was just... a really strange choice, at least to me... Actually sorry that sounded rude too, geez."

Selena glanced over at Dylan with a raised brow. She wasnt really sure how to take the apology. While she had stormed out straight after the incident, surely she didnt seem so fragile that someone mocking her favourite choice of pizza would push her buttons that much. She was glad her teammates hadnt been able to connect the dots, but still...such an overeaction over pizza wouldve been ridiculous.

"It-it's fine." She used the pizza to distract herself, taking a bite in the hope she could maintain her composure, at least until he left.

He seemed to loosen up at that, a small smile forming on his face as he began to move toward her. "Well that's good then. If you're curious as to why I'm here, that friend of yours was still throwing a fit so I decided just to swap out with him. I think I can handle a little pinapple." Dylan chuckled a bit at the last part, leaning forward to snatch a slice of the meatlovers pizza and leaving an unopened can of soda in exchange. Having done this he retreated to the other bed to lean against it as he took a bite.

"Have at it." Selena was unable to hold back her own chuckle. She rolled her eyes, doing her best to hold back any tears that couldve found their way to freedom. "Pretty sure we should get to bed soon. We have lessons in the morning." She said coldly, over the sound of her scroll ringing.

His eyebrows knit together in concern at the last part of her sentence, hearing the sharp shift in her voice. He tilted his head to the side, as if debating with himself for a few moments before opening his mouth to speak. "Are you sure you're alright? If he did something else I can talk to him about it or something... I guess. I'm not sure how effective that will be."

"I've got a lot of experience dealing with Lars. I'll get over it." With that she, chuckled again, tapping her pocket where the scroll was.

"Well alright then... let me know then, I guess." He paused for a moment, letting the ringtone of the scroll fill the silence before he gestured to it with his empty bottle. "You gonna answer that?"

"Goodnight Dylan." She dismissed him with no more than a gentle smile.

"Right..."

***​

"Come at me you faunus bastard!" Lars yelled to the huge black, scaly creature that stood before him. The gargantun beast towered over him, but he remained unphased by the monsters colossal stature. It glared down at Lars with it's absorbing, and lifeless red eyes. With a swing of it's giant and scaly black arm, it cracked the very ground beneath it's feet. It's efforts were fruitless however, as it's earth shattering strike was too slow for Lars, who easily dodged and countered with a powerful kick. The kick sent the giant fang of the creature straight through the back of it's head. Lars grinned. He charged at it with yet another powerful kick, the bone shattering attack crushing the beast's leg. With another combo of attacks from Lars, the titan fell to it's knees. The smug human smirked triumphantly.

He sat up. He looked over to his right, where Dyaln was now fast asleep: He looked left to an empty window. His frustration could only be masked by mixing his groan with a light chuckle, and throwing his head back onto the pillow. He had to fight a strong faunus...soon.

Beacon Academy: Team SHLD Dorm​

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
It was another muggy, dreary morning in Menagerie, contrasting with the mood of one cheery dolphin Faunus. Wearing her usual workout outfit of an oversized pale blue tank top, which served to hide a lithely slender figure padded with a moderate amount of muscle and lime green gym shorts with a leotard underneath, she always looked ready for working out. Of course, that is what she did at the ungodly hour of 6am: workout with several laps around the campus of Faunus Academy, some stretches on one of the courtyards and doing parkour on some rocks. Throughout the workout, she wore a face of determination, the kind of face that, while serious to a degree, had vicarious enthusiasm and cheeriness behind it that gives a look of investment and commitment. After all, her energy could not be bound without some form of exercise throughout the day.

Still feeling as if she has a million watts of energy even after having done such an intense and spirited workout, she thought it would be best to prepare for another beautiful day at Faunus Academy. Going from the east end of campus to the main foyer in a heavy jog, she arrived at the main foyer, crept up the stairs to the second floor and walked over to her mother's joint office and dormitory. She took out her key to the dorm, fumbling with the key slightly, and busted through the door with the subtlety of an air horn.

"Guess who got a record on their parkour time," Lauren shouted as she startled the daylights out of Mrs. Baxiao, who had fallen back asleep on the futon (she was not a morning person, much less without caffeine).

Mrs. Baxiao, blinking away some residual sleep, yawned, mumbled a response as she tried to lie back down on the futon, "Hmm, that's great honey, but did I have to be woken up like this? I'm not the only one up here, y'know."

Lauren stomped her foot in jittery excitement, and retorted, "But mom, it's already 7:30 and the day's young! How can I not be excited? It's at times like these where you can't just stay indoors like a lazy sponge and waste away. C'mon, get your butt up, Mom!"

"But Lauren," she groaned in a mock-whine, "getting up is hard and I'm cozy." Her words, spoken lightly and playfully as Mrs. Baxiao woke up, was a staple of everyday life between the
Lauren chuckled and said "Oh mom, what am I gonna do with you? Perhaps I'll have to…blare some music so that you wake up? I could get my 'intense workout playlist'; that usually does the trick."

Mrs. Baxiao sighed, "No, no, I'll get up. I just need my coffee. I was just messing around with you, my little calf."
Lauren blushed at being called "my little calf," for at her age, it was quite embarrassing to be called out with such a childish and cutesy nickname, even with just the two of them. "Aw shucks Mom, d-don't embarrass me like that." In an ironic childish pout, she added, "I'm not that little anymore."

Mrs. Baxiao merely laughed and gave Lauren a quick kiss on the top of her head. Despite everything, the love between Mrs. Baxiao and her daughter were quite strong, perhaps even more so when confronted with adverse troubles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After having a quaint breakfast of some toast with some kind of fish spread and some seaweed salad, Mrs. Baxiao headed to her adjacent office and proceeded to work, filling out miscellaneous paperwork, awaited students who might visit and various other functions as an educator. Lauren, meanwhile, opted to go to the library, in which she spent a good amount of her time. Like most kids at the Academy, she had meager savings and did not have time to chill and test out the fancy gadgets (not that there was a profitable market outside of the wealthy here) like she's heard that they do in Vale, least of all Lauren, who even being afforded these things would still likely do her routines of workouts and studying. As she was walking from the Baxiaos' dorm, she happened to find Professor Azure, the petite Mouse faunus that taught Grimm biology. She appeared to have been looking for someone or something, and when she looked over to Lauren, she went over and said to Lauren, "Oh, uh, hello Lauren. I was looking for you. I was told to give you and your team a mission."

Lauren just about went through the roof. She and her team had a mission. With the speed of a bullet train and excitement, Lauren put her fist in the air and shouted, "Oh my god we actually have a mission it'll be so fun and exciting oh my god what is it?"

Professor Azure, taken aback by this, never getting fully used to how much energy Mrs. Baxiao's girl seemed to boundlessly contain, said softly, "S-Sweetheart, can you please calm down for a minute? I haven't even told you the mission and I think you should hear me out."
Lauren, wanting to get the details, smiled sheepishly and said, "Sorry, looks like I got ahead of myself there. Go on."

"The mission," began Professor Azure in a soft but serious tone, "will involve taking out some tracking beacons reported in the sea to the south of Porsh. These beacons are located within a dangerously close vicinity of our operations here at the Academy. Because some of them are underwater, it may be up to you to disarm those underwater. Also, be aware that the beacons might be fortified with some form of security, most likely security bots. You can find all of the details in this mission brief." She paused, handing over a manila folder filled with all of the intel relevant to the mission. Showing the aunt-like bond that they had formed over the last two years, having known each other since Mrs. Baxiao got the job at the academy after the Baxiaos were deported to Menagerie two years ago, Professor Azure added, "Please be sure to exercise caution, I don't want to see my friend's daughter and her team getting hurt, alright?"

With a fiery look to her eyes, and a new goal to carry out, Lauren thanked Professor Azure, gave her a bear hug and went off to go find the rest of her team, presumably arriving at the main foyer for classes.

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Team JSMN
Care(less) Package

"So when you're flying one of these smaller guys, you gotta keep your head on your shoulders, y'know? Can't go daydreamin' or dozin' off. I always take a good shot of black coffee in the mornin'." the airship pilot began. "Real good for ya sinuses and such."

Nel nodded, her hands resting behind her back as she gazed around at all the different buttons and levers on the console. She smiled as she nodded at the bat faunus, giggling softly in the process. "Oh, I get ya. I can see where it'd be pretty hard while your up here to not have your head in the clouds."

The two flying faunus shared a hearty laugh over the horrible joke, the pilot slamming the control board in his laughter. The plane shuddered a little and the distinguishable sound of something tearing off and falling could be heard below them. "Ah, shucks. There goes the spare wheel." he said, wiping a tear off his eyes and still chuckling to himself.

Meanwhile in the back, Jairo, Sahn and Mira sat in the passenger seats, doing their best not to fall off of them in the shaky airship. "I may be wrong, but I don't think this man is qualified to fly a plane!" Mira shouted over the deafening noise of the engine and propellers.

"I'd be more concerned about birdbrain sitting right next to him." Jairo replied, peering through the small window of the door separating the captain's cabin from the rest of the airship. "But it's the only way to actually have her learn to fly one of these things..."

Nel gave the pilot a curious look. "Should we be worried about that? I mean... I don't wanna go to pieces here or anything, but couldn't we have needed that?"

"Nah, you kids won't be needin' em anyway." the pilot replied and adjusted his thick glasses. "Actually, since we ain't got much time left, you wanna have a go at this? Never know when you're gonna die out there, that's my motto!" he cackled.

Nel gave the pilot a nod. "Sure, sounds like fun. Besides, I do kinda have flying in my blood." The old bat moved from his spot before giving her control of the steering wheel, and fell over into her chair. The hawk Faunus took hold of the helm and glanced over her shoulder at the pilot. "Like this, right...? I just wanna keep her steady for now?"

Her question was met by no response. The old man had fallen asleep right in his chair, his snoring even louder than the engine. Nel turned her attention back to the wheel, a small mischevious smirk gracing her lips as she gripped the wheel tighter. With no warning to her team or the now sleeping pilot, she gave it a sharp, hard spin, causing the ship to shift quite suddenly in the air.

The entirety of the ship's contents were thrown to one side - boxes, bags and passengers. Jairo barely managed to dodge a crate full of ammo by dodging to the right, slamming him into the wall right next to Mira. Nel grinned, looking over shoulder. "Sorry about that! We hit some unexpected turbulance!" And then, just as soon as she said it, she suddely shifted again, turning the wheel back in the opposite direction. "Looks like we're hitting a bit more!"

The contents of the ship were tossed aorund once more as the ship shook again. Sahn, who had managed to hold on to a handlebar near the door, suddenly toppled over as the bar broke. Before the smaller spider and owl faunus had time to say "oh, f-" the giant spider woman fell right on top on them.

"Wha-whatamatter, cap'n?" the pilot woke up suddenly and looked around in panic. "D'ya hit somethin'?" he stammered.

"Nope, nothing's wrong at all," Nel responded, a purely innocent smile gracing her lips as she spoke. She glanced over at the bat Faunus from over her shoulder. "Maybe you had a bad dream or something? It looked like you startled yourself awake there." The two were suddenly startled by someone banging on the door, threatening to kill Nel if she didn't open it and to kill her nevertheless if she did. Nel gave the ship's actual pilot a small nod. "You should get that. My hands are a bit full."

---------------​

"I wonder why the pilot got so upset...?" Nel questioned. She crossed her arms over her chest, glancing back towards the door of the now-closed cockpit of the airship, a small sniffle being heard, as if she was starting to tear up a bit. "I thought we were all having fun learning new things. He could have at least asked me politely to leave..."

"Just be glad he didn't kick us off the ship, or turn straight around back to the academy." Mira sighed in frustration as she massaged her arm.

"He's not allowed to anyway. We got this mission assigned to us, so he's forced to drop us off there." Jairo said, applying an ice pack to the side of his head. "Yeah, 'assigned'..."

Nel glanced between her three teammates and frowned before turning to Jairo and Mira. "What happened to you two, anyways? Sahn doesn't look anywhere near as banged up as you two... Didn't your mom ever teach you to buckle your seatbelts?"

Before any of them had time to answer, a voice crackled over the intercom. "RIght, plane's close enough to the island. Get off my ship now, I'm gettin' low on fuel."

Nel grinned as she placed her hands behind her back. "Manners, Mr. Pilot! Manners!"

The doors to the side of the airship flew open, letting in a gust of wind which quickly stabilized a few seconds later. Mira peered off the edge of the ship. "It's a pretty high fall... Aren't we supposed to be at least a little lower than that mountain over there?" she asked, pointing to the towering landmark in the distance.

"I'm sure we can wing it," Nel replied, giving Mira a reassuring pat on the back. She glanced over at Jairo and Sahn. "Oh... But you two, not as much..."

"We'll be just fine. Right, Sahn?" Jairo nudged his sister in the ribs. The latter seemed to have gone paler at the sight of the ocean below them, but had not said anything so far. "If anything goes south, one of you two just help out."

Just as Nel opened her mouth to respond, the weight of the ship began to shift once more. It was very similar to how it happened when Nel was piloting the ship earlier. Before any member of the team could properly brace themselves, Sahn slowly started to tumble forward, bringing her brother along with her. Nel's eyes widened as she felt Jairo grab hold of her ankle as he and Sahn started sliding out of the ship, to which she retaliated by grabbing hold and dragging Mira out the doors with her. Before long, all four members of Team JSMN were now out of the airship and into the... air.

4FvI5je.png

Mira was the first to regain her bearings. With a quick flick of a switch her glasses snapped into aviator goggles, shielding her eyes from the wind. She looked around at her teammates. They all seemed to be falling rather... chaotically, although Nel seemed to be enjoying it. The wind around them was ice cold and low on oxygen, meaning that they could only breathe in small gasps of air.

"We're-" Mira gasped. "Much too high!"

"But this is... so cool!" Nel shouted back, putting her goggles down and over her eyes in the process. The grin on her face growing wider as she opened her arms wide.The four continued to fall for a few more excruciatingly long moments. "So how do we land?!"

Jairo seemed just about ready to pass out from the lack of oxygen. Using his two free arms to reach behind his back, he pulled out a medium-sized canister from his violin case. Realizing what he was about to do, Mira did her best to attract his attention to stop him. "Don't! If you use the net as a parachute at this velocity, you could get something dislocated!"

"Oh, not me..." the spider faunus croaked. before ramming the canister between Sahn's breastplate and shirt, and pulling the cover. The two instantly shot back up into the air away from the two bird faunus.

"That was a pretty cool trick!" Nel shouted. The hawk Faunus took a moment to tuck her knees to her chest as they fell. Apparently, she was having so much fun that the thought of doing a backflip was irresistible to her. "I guess that means they're safe, right?!"

"I hope so..." Mira replied, doing her best to keep a secure falling position. The air was thickening now, making it a lot easier to breathe. Trying to keep calm, she stuttered "D-do you have a plan to get out of this? My semblance can't operate at this height..."

"You wanna quit already? But this is so much fun!" Nel shouted, doing a quick twirl.

Mira gritted her teeth and looked down. From such a high altitude, the ground seemed so distant... But her knowledge of physics told her that at this pace, they would either hit the water or the ground in merely a couple of minutes. "A-are you insane?! We're going to die! Can't you, I don't know- use your wind powers or something?" she shouted at the hawk faunus who couldn't seem to care less about their situation.

"Oh, yeah. I totally could," Nel replied, giving Mira a rather toothy grin. "But, you should totally use your manners! Didn't we already learn that from Mr. Batface?"

"This is not the time to be playing games, Nel!" Mira screamed, looking down in panic.

"Manners are a serious business," Nel replied, her face turning stone-cold serious. "Say please..."

Mira coughed as she recieved a faceful of cloud, meaning that they had broken the last cloud barrier. Through the coughs, a not-so-subtle curse could be heard, followed by a desperate grab towards where Nel was. "We're both going to die, you idiot!" Mira shrieked, the ground getting closer and closer.

"Looks that way," Nel responded. "Shame too. All it takes is one word. Manners go a long way, ya know?"

After a few more furtive glances towards the ground and back at Nel, the owl faunus finally gave in. "PLEASE! JUST GO, YOU ****ING BIRD OF ****, ****, GO!"

Smiling, Nel grabbed hold of Mira's hand and began to pull the owl faunus closer to her. "Grab hold of my waist, and don't let go."

Feeling the weight of Mira shift, Nel glanced down at the approaching ground and began to think about how to exactly pull this off. She had the ability to slow her own decent, but Nel had never actually tried to do this with someone else... not that it actually mattered in the long run. Nel figured that she needed to learn how to keep more than herself alive at some point...

"And what better way than to learn on the fly... Hey, that was pretty good! Better save that one for later..." Nel thought, a small giggle escaping her lips in the process.

Returning her attention to the problem at hand, Nel slowly moved her hands forward and began to focus on the air around the bird faunus duo. It took a few seconds, but Mira was soon able to feel the air pressure around them slow down. Their hastening descent to the ground below also came to a rather sudden slow down. Using her semblance, Nel was able to take the air around the duo and use it to push themselves up ever so slightly... Not in a way that would push them back up high into the sky, but rather in a method that would allow them to slowly land on the ground, as if they were merely walking down a incredible lengthy amount of stairs.

"Now... was that so hard?" Nel asked. "See, just using little manners now and then can really go a long way," she said as the pair slowly descended to the ground. The owl faunus stayed silent, trembling and clutching her teammate tightly. The second their feet touched the sand, Mira let go and fell backwards, exhausted. Nel raised an eyebrow at her teammate looking so tired, giving her a small nudge at the same time. "Hey... You're supposed to say thank you. Manners don't die in the sky." Suddenly, a loud splash came from behind the two, towards the ocean. A few seconds after the moment of impact, a pair of heads surfaced, gasping for air. One seemed to be splashing around rather awkwardly, before stopping when they realized the water wasn't very deep. They wasted no time swimming to the beach.

"Bah, stop your -cough- crying!" Jairo coughed as he spoke to his sister, who was shivering and doing her best to warm herself. Jairo fell to one knee as they reached the shore. "We're bloody alive, that's what counts! You two on the other hand..." he spat. "Should've been bloody dead on the spot."

Nel glanced over at the two spider siblings. "What about us? You look like you came out of the situation just fine."

Holding his tongue on the death wish he was about to spit out, Jairo removed his removed his breastplate and violin case, and did his best to rid them of any water they might have been filled with. Sahn did the same, emptying out her gauntlets. "Are you both okay?" she asked, looking at Mira, who was still shivering on the ground.

"Couldn't be better!" Nel replied, giving Sahn a thumbs up. "We both worked together and used some quick wit to get us on the ground with no issues at all, right Mira?"

The owl faunus didn't even bother answering the question. "We... were meant to be dropped off near the ground... I'll... We..." she stammered, sitting up and blowing into her hands to warm them.

"We're fine, thanks." she added, clearing her throat and regaining her complexion. "Let's... rest a little."

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
After basically sprinting down the stairs from the second floor in a characteristic fit of energy, she arrived at the main foyer and called out to the rest of her team, "Hey guys! Guess what~? I got a very special surprise for you all~. You guys are gonna looooove it!"

Her team, promptly on time as usual, were hanging out in the usual spot on the southeast corner, where there was some worn but cozy couches. Houari Shavij, the 6', muscular and slightly stocky eagle Faunus with some feathers on his arms and shoulders, leaned against the wall, decked out in baggy camo pants, a black muscle shirt, an unbuttoned brown aviator's jacket and a brooding air that seems to surround him. Of course, he was always like this, but in his own special way, Houari shows his own "tough love," almost exclusively to his team as he began to warm up to them, through one comment or another delivered in a very deep, gravelly voice.

To the right of Houari, sitting on a couch and looking at Lauren with next to an androgynous fox Faunus was a fairly large, rhino Faunus of a gruff exterior but soft interior, Grey Platamol, who was covered in some scars and the look of a man who has seen a lot, contrasting with the more bright eyed, youthful optimism that Lauren was. He, with his experiences that have shaped him, makes him the most experienced member in the gritty world of humanity with his past as a Dust miner. As someone who has long found little use in dredging up old emotions to his comrades who are well aware of the plights of the Faunus people, he stays mum on the subject. Instead, he prefers to relish the thought of being on a team, with people of his kind and people willing to be loyal to him and vice versa.

The fourth teammate, Tilki Kato, was busy grooming his hair, frowning as he tried to fashion his hair into a braid. Tilki was an...eccentric character to say the least. He was a wide variety of things: vain, aloof, theatrical, spontaneous, mischievous and a bit of a flirt, tossing around flirty remarks to anyone, male or female, to anyone he found attractive. Today, Tilki was wearing his usual black dress, running down to three inches above his knee, complemented by a pair of grey stockings. Of course, if was any other male that wore this garb, it would have looked strange and out of place for the most part, but thanks to Tilki's penchant for being other types of people and having a fairly feminine figure already, he could easily pass for a female, helped further by his tiny height of 5' 1".

Getting ready for a pep talk to her team, Lauren clears her throat, and begins to pace back and forth, her little speech all planned out in her head and ready to go.

"Alright team, it's been one hell of a month here at Faunus Academy! We have kicked some ass, we've bonded, more or less, we have trained to become warriors, etc, etc. But on to the good part: our team has just received a mission! It was given to us by Professor Azure and I thought it would be best to accept it. We are going to the beach to disarm some ocean beacons. Now, I know what you guys are thinking 'Oh Lauren why are we going to be beach, this isn't a place for fun and games' well okay maybe it's just me because oh my god the water!! And so-"

Houari cleared his throat and sighed. He preferred things to be terse and to the point, much like his combat style.

The dolphin Faunus scratched her head and chuckled nervously, "Eheh, sorry~. I get a little carried away sometimes, as you all know. But anyways, our mission is this: we are to go to the coastal region to the south east and…" Lauren paused, glancing at the paper mission brief that Professor Azure had given her alongside her verbal summary, adopting a more serious and thoughtful look. "We are to take out some beacons that the humans have planted off the coast of Menagerie. These beacons, as I was briefed by Professor Azure and as detailed in the report, are vital tools for the humans to gather intel on our operations and are contained within some disguised buoys on the surface and some underwater tracking devices. I was also told that these devices will be guarded by some type of security bot. I mean, it's not like any of them want to man their positions at some rocky beach with no supplies on very hostile territory, so we should be alright in the combat department. So, with that in mind-" Lauren took a deep breath and flashed a triumphant grin, "who's ready to go to the beach?!"

From the rest of Team LGHT, her comrades showed varying degrees of enthusiasm with Grey looking up with a solemn nod and resolute gaze, Houari with a sneering, eager look, ready for action like Lauren (but for decidedly different reasons) and Tilki with a look of fake confidence, trying his best to look prim and up to the challenge, while hiding reservations about being able to be useful in battle, especially after his sparring match. Nonetheless, all were ready to go and were promptly escorted to a vehicle, surprisingly enough, by Professor Baxiao, who had been called up from her office to supervise the mission by driving, a skill she picked up back home in Vale.

Lauren, surprised at this development, asked, "M-Mom? What are you doing here? How come you didn't just brief me on the mission?"

The professor chuckled and shrugged, "Hey, but that would ruin the surprise of having to spend the car ride with your mother, where I get to chat with all of your lovely friends!"

Tilki eyed up the orange jeep. "Dahlia, you have style." He rolled across the hood of the vehicle over to Lauren's mother. "I just know you're going to let me drive," He pierced into her hues with a seductive gaze, wanting to butter her up to get his way.

Professor Baxiao cleared her throat, with her cheeks flushed and stammered out, "Uh, P-Professor Baxiao will do. Don't be afraid to be casual with me, but, uh, not this causal, especially not in...that sense, OK? I am a married Faunus, if you remember me saying so in class"; as she said the last remark, she gave a more pointed look towards Tilki.

Tilki's ears fluffed up, and stiffened, with his pale face turning a cherry pink. "Yes--sss Ma'am" He rotated his body and shifted his weight to bounce off the car hood into the driver's seat.

Lauren interjected with a "Hey!" and was going to begin to mouth off to Tilki when she was interrupted by Houari marching over to where Tilki was in the driver's seat.

Houari saw Tilki's immaturity. The blood vessels in Houari's neck twitched from the way the youngest member of the group was treating their first mission. He walked to the driver's side, and grabbed the scrawny flirt by the neck, giving him a small pinch, and pulled him out by force. "Tilki! Don't play around. Today might be the last day we get to live. When we leave we don't know what we are stepping into. If we don't succeed today because one of us took this light heartedly. I don't want to die today because of a comrade who thinks everything is a joke. I have something to prove today. I'm not going to be pushed aside any longer." Houari then tossed Tilki into the back seat of the car.

Grey, the biggest of the group opened the Jeep's trunk, and leapt into the back with a duffel bag. Grey didn't have much to say. He had closed his eyes and lowered his head. He was preparing mentally for the ordeal.

After all of the group's shenanigans, which Mrs. Baxiao took with patience and deferred her misgiving towards Tilki, she entered in the driver's seat almost as nothing happened and drove off towards the southeast.

----------------------------------------------------------

After an an hour and a half of navigating rough, rocky terrain that proved to be fairly taxing on the vehicle and driver alike, they arrived at the furthest point before the trail became impassible by vehicle. The end point, a small bluff overlooking the rocky beach, was, like most of Menagerie, craggy and littered with sharp rocks. Much of the same could be said for the beach below.

After a solemn good luck wish from Mrs. Baxiao and an embarassing hug from her mother, Lauren and her team went down to the beach, which lay about 75 feet below. Grey was the mule of the group carrying the group's equipment. He gave an unspoken nod to Professor Baxiao. Tilki walking with the others turned his head to Professor Baxiao.

"Dahlia aren't you coming with us?" Tilki wondered.

"No Tilki, I have my own assignment today. I was instructed to supervise you guys and broker some medical supplies for my class."

Tilki, satisfied with the answer, was about to take off when Grey grabbed the small fox faunus, and tossed him over his shoulder. Houari had a small comment to make in a characteristically stern voice. "Tilki, if we fail our mission or go AWOL, I will kill you."

Tilki squirmed out of Grey's arms, and wrapped his legs around Grey's neck, who merely sighed and let it happen. The kid was feeling a stressed. He pulled out his weapon, a dust pen. He took a deep puff, and exhaled. A trail of smoke slowly left out of Tilki's mouth, which relaxed him.

Lauren, hearing the remark, said to Houari, "C'mon Houari, lay off! Take a chill pill, we will succeed. Y'know why? We got some very capable fighters in our midst, and no stinking human spying or their fancy-schmancy gadgets are gonna change that!"

Looking a little miffed, Houari huffed and began to walk towards the beach. Not one to waste time, Lauren began to speed down towards the site where the beacons lay. The others followed suit, excited and nervous to be on their first mission. After reaching the end of the gravelly path, the team noticed that the beach had strategically located, 25 meter high towers that had various sensitive electronics along the beach for about a kilometer. This strategic beach had been approved as as site for surveillance, disguised as an "electrical engineering project", with the intent of monitoring select Faunus activity and was a vital tool for the humans knowing the moves of the Faunus on Menagerie. Of course, such an installation would not go unguarded, as many security bots man the beach in lieu of ground forces. Some of these bots, perched atop the towers, had already been notified of the presence of an unauthorized presence and had been sent to ambush Team LGHT. No sooner had they reached the end of the gravel path did the bots start to fire in their general direction. Team LGHT readied their weapons, ready to fight a vicious battle.

JP with Fennekin210 and Light and Darkness Dragon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back