• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Personally, they look way too Digimon like (especially with season 6 coming next month, seriously, the black one looks like freaking BlackWarGreymon mixed with Palkia), and Dragon mascots again, we can't have two dragon trios, we already have Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Also they revealed their english names on the english site first, when it's Japan that announces the new Pokemon first, not the States, if these are the engish names, then they should have revealed the english names for the already known Gen V Pokemon, Zorua and Zoroark will, like most movie centered Pokemon, likely have the same names in english, the starters however..... well, did you know that Piplup was originally going to keep it's Japanese name for the english versions of Diamond and Pearl, seriously, I'm not lying at all, they actually planned this in the early stages of the games translation ("Piplup" is an ugly name anyways, I like "Pochama" better, seriously, doesn't "Piplup" sound gay to you.....), so as long as they give the starters decent names

Now just watch, they proabably will show these two at the end of this weeks Pokemon Sunday, and then in next months CoroCoro (possibly with other gen 5 Pokemon, I doubt it really, unless Pokemon Sunday reveals shilloutes this week as well)

They're nothing of what I expected, I was expecting along the lines of a Kitsune and a Tanuki, with a Nekomata (Twin tailed Cat) for the third version, now I will have to recolor my concepts and add them to my fangame in progress......

Ummm, well yes something along the lines of Kitsune and Tanuki would have been cool but these are fine too. A twin-tailed cat...ehhhh...I don't know what to thikn of that. Zekrom sort of resembles a digimon but come on, you gotta give them props for the design (it's not too bad on either of them if you ask me).

Hmm, I don't see why you're making a big commotion about the names. Yes Japanese names usually come before English, yada yada but who is to say that these names won't be the ones that are shared in both Japan and the English-speaking world? I mean they don't have the change the names all the time.

Looking carefully at them I guess:
-for reshiram: psychic, psychic-dragon, psychic-flying, psychic-steel
-for zekrom: dark, dark-dragon, dark-flying, dark-steel :)

I like those combos. Dark/dragon and dark/steel would work best for Zekrom and Psychic/Dragon and maybe Psychic/Steel for Reshiram.

Cool. I agree with you the black one also reminds me of Palkia..

Yeah with it's posture, but other than that I really don't see a resemblance. If you just looked at Reshima from its head and disregarded everything else it looks like a wolf IMO.

The black one... ugh. Just ugh. Sorry, but it looks ugly to me.

The white one, however, is AWESOME. <3 I may have a new favorite Legendary pretty soon.

Though I don't agree with you I went back up to look at them and thought...hmm, the white one seems to be the 'good-er' of the two while Zekrom appears to be some type of demon that could rival Arceus.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
More type means more difficulty to balance them. Even with some current type is too weak and some is too strong. I think change some Pokemon type instead of creating a new type is way better.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Their design is more a digimon than a pokemon. Its look cool, but somehow it also lose the charm that usually a pokemon have.
I'm kind of disappointed, since i'm expecting a bug type legendary

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I just went to PokeBeach..and it appears what I said above 'about Zekrom being in pkmn black' isn't true! Reshiram is in black and Zekrom is in white...dumb me :/

Contrary to their color schemes, Reshiram is Pokemon Black's mascot while Zekrom is White's. The Japanese site also revealed that the games will be released in September whereas the English website stated we will see their release in Spring 2011 for America. Those are some awesome-lookin' legendaries - they kind of look like angels.

http://pokebeach.com/

Oh well, Reshiram is still cool (starting to look better than Zekrom to me :D) and I'm still getting black version.

Edit: Does anyone wonder why they chose Reshiram for black and Zekrom for white? Maybe it has something to do with the story?

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
I agree completely ('ecpt for the bug legendary) with shengar.

Imo, they're too digimon-esque, and seem to be lacking the charm and originality of previous games. It almost seems like they're catering only to the male audience too...I know females are a small percent of who plays, but still. And, as per usual, one will probably be psychic.....'cause, of course, we cant get away from that for too long. :\

I hope the game itself makes up for these two, and for the grass starter....>.<

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I agree completely ('ecpt for the bug legendary) with shengar.

Imo, they're too digimon-esque, and seem to be lacking the charm and originality of previous games. It almost seems like they're catering only to the male audience too...I know females are a small percent of who plays, but still. And, as per usual, one will probably be psychic.....'cause, of course, we cant get away from that for too long. :\

I hope the game itself makes up for these two, and for the grass starter....>.<

Ahhh they'll grow on you. I find a lot of people have a lot of criticism for them--while still loving them of course--but after awhile that all goes away. Like when I first saw Palkia and Dialga I thought they were.....weird. Still loved them though and stared at 'em almost every day until the games came out in the US if I remembered to :D.

shot571

Ive gotten hope now that the starters may be better now. Looking at these guys apart from the white ones hands are pretty much flawless imo. I really like these two. the black one is on par with mewtwo in terms of my favourite. Maybe theyve but the black one in white to show harmony or someething? :s

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
Hmm...

The White one looks like a fusion of Lugia,Ninetails,Palkia, and Slowbro when ya look at it, anyone agree?

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
Years
Okay, now I'm not so sure which version I'm getting! I planned on getting White, but Zekrom looks awesome... Because it looks like a ROBOT. Reshiram has a really angelic appearance, which goes great with the helix-shaped tail. Maybe I'll just save up enough money to get both... Or maybe Game Freak will finally let you catch both Legendaries in the same game, ala Gold and Silver. Good luck with that...

Myles

Seriously?
Years
They could be Light/Flying and dark/Flying. Or if that bothers you/otherwise they might be Normal/Flying and dark/Flying.

And I think the only reason they look 'like digimon' is because they are unfamilar. I mean the Gen IV legendaries really looked like digimon originally.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Guys:

Zekrom = White Version
Reshiram = Black Version

Maybe you could mention that in the first post Azure, to avoid the confusion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I SERIOUSLY hope the white one isn't just another psychic type legend. The psychic type is getting old on legendary Pokemon <_<

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Ahhh they'll grow on you. I find a lot of people have a lot of criticism for them--while still loving them of course--but after awhile that all goes away. Like when I first saw Palkia and Dialga I thought they were.....weird. Still loved them though and stared at 'em almost every day until the games came out in the US if I remembered to :D.
Maybe they'll grow on me somehow(like the Dragon Trio and Arceus. thanks to Pokemon Adventure manga to grow it on me), but that doesn't mean Pokemon have to lose their unique charm. What must i do if Pokemon in latter generation somehow become indistinguishable to Digimon? just like I said its cool for the eyes but not enough charm

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016

Oh well, Reshiram is still cool (starting to look better than Zekrom to me :D) and I'm still getting black version.

[/quote]
I have to admit, Reshiram is definitely growing on me aswell :D. Though I'll probably still get White as I had originally intended. Oh well I still have plenty of time to change my mind.

Edit: Does anyone wonder why they chose Reshiram for black and Zekrom for white? Maybe it has something to do with the story?
[

It's could just to make them contrast the background more, as a white Pokémon on a white box wouldn't be the greatest art choice.

Also to those that are saying they look a little too much like Digimon, is that really such a bad thing?

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2014
WOWWW!!! i would kill for a dragon/dark type right now :D, anyways the looks of this brings back a very recurring topic in mind that is "is there going to be a light type?" which is haunting me everytime i look at reshiram, so its zekrom 4 now, and btw many are confusing which mascott is in which game, zekrom is in white and reshiram is in black (right?:P)

Back