The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Crazy Clause Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old 1 Week Ago (8:37 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CodeHelmet.

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lrachelr5 View Post
    Seeing as you gave me mine I will give you yours and you can do clause number 8.

Small update for my challenge I have just reached Hearthome City. My original team make up has change since starting this challenge, I originally wanted to use Magnezone but seeing as I managed to get an Aipom from a honey tree and decided to catch a Ralts to help deal with the fighting weakness of my team I think that the last pokemon I am going to use will be Mamoswine to have a electric immunity and a back up for Garchomp when I take on Cynthia.

TEAM

Abu
    Level: 17
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Naughty
    Moveset: Return, Sand-Attack, Astonish, Tail Whip

Harry
    Level: 17
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Quiet
    Moveset: Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Lucky Chant

James Hook
    Level: 21
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Nature: Sassy
    Moveset: Rock Throw, Tackle, Rock Smash, Harden

[email protected] Bell
    Level: 27
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Rash
    Moveset: Mega Drain, Growth, Water Sport, Stun Spore

Carlos
    Level: 21
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Lonely
    Moveset: Metronome, Charm, Growl, Sweet Kiss
    Good luck on your run. Got Pikachu, Magnemite, Magmar, Electabuzz, Tangela, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Zubat, Poliwag, Oddish, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, Slowpoke, Onix, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Chansey, Horsea, Mr.Mime, Jynx, Porygon and Snorlax to choose from. Some of them I can't get naturally(much less easily) so I'll go with what I can get without doing the Ditto Glitch. Knowing that, this is what my team is going to be:

I don't count Alola variants because if I did, I'd have Grimer, Geodude, Sandshrew, Vulpix and other Pokemon to choose from as well. Hmm... that would be an interesting clause challenge to play Pokemon who have Alolan variants :P

*Edit* Rather than waiting on someone to reply, I figure I’d just edit in my challenge result: Complete and utter success. I named my team after the Teen Titans with Robin the Pikachu leading my team for most of the journey. He was joined by BeastBoy the Zubat/Golbat, Starfire the Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Terra the Onix, Cyborg the Snorlax and Raven the Slowpoke/Slowbro who could hit harder than anyone when allowed to chant/use Amnesia.

First two Gym battles can be summarized in the following montage that is aptly named: Montage. Basically it was Double Team + whatever I needed to win. In Brock’s case, it was Tail Whip and Quick Attack while Misty merely required Thundershock. I had B.B. as backup for her Starmie but he honestly wasn’t needed. Heck the rival encounter in Cerulean was harder than Misty’s Gym Battle(I hate Sand Attack). Lt.Surge didn’t last long against Starfire’s Sleep Powder while B.B. made short work of Erika’s Grass Types. Koga... was honestly not as hard as I thought he would be simply due to sheer execution on my end. Opened with Starfire to stall with Sleep Powder so as to buy precious time needed for Terra to power up with Double Team. With evasion maxed, I only had to worry about status moves since Psychic wasn’t going to touch me and since Onix is surprisingly fast for a Rock/Ground Type, I merely Earthquaked to victory. Sabrina was merely Cyborg use Body Slam and watch the STAB move do its thing against the weak defense Abra line. Blaine didn’t last long against Raven while with Giovanni I got majorly lucky with Starfire. Firstly I managed to put his opening Dugtrio to sleep before swapping to Terra and getting Double Team going. The reason I was lucky though is that I got hit with an EQ that nearly KO’d Starfire before she could even use Sleep Powder. Got to love Oddish line’s Defense. With Terra now avoiding Ground moves, I then EQ to victory.

As for E4, Lorelei went fast thanks to Starfire stalling for Robin(Double Team is OP). For Bruno, Starfire stalled for Raven wherein Surf and Psychic wrecked his team. Agatha was frankly no contest with Raven OHKO after powering up with Amnesia(Mega Drain on first Gengar stung though). Lance was the Starfire and Terra show. Put Gyrados to sleep, swapped Terra in for Double Team before using Rock Slide to knock it out. Then with the Immunity to the Electric moves on the first Dragonair(as well as resistance to Hyper Beam), I steamrolled to victory. The battle with Blue/Gary was more of the same, although I had a repeat of the Giovanni battle to open the Champion bout. I started with Starfire with the intent of stalling for another team member(in this case Raven) to power up but got hit by a wicked Earthquake. Thankfully Oddish line has some respectable physical defense and was able to survive it to put Sandslash to sleep. With Sandslash asleep, Raven swapped in, powered up and shredded Sandslash, Alakazam, Cloyster, Exeggutor(his moveset honestly sucks) and Ninetales with Surf/Psychic/Ice Beam. Swapped to Terra for the battle with Jolteon and won with a OHKO Earthquake.

MVP of run was frankly Starfire. While Terra and Raven did the bulk of the fighting, they got set up by Starfire and hence I got to give credit where it’s due.

Relevant Advertising!

Quick Reply