• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trouble/bug on activate National dex in the beginning

Years
I'm having a little logic problem. First, I would like to make any Pokémon evolve without the need to take me to National Dex. There is a code, if I replace in CE91A by 00 00 14 E0, it enables evolutions (Unfortunately by levels) But it does not enable if I have an evolution stone.
I tested with many pokémons and I can not succeed using the above method.
I had a success when I change the pokedex by the national dex, but playing normal, I get to the elite of the four and I can not enter to battle lorelei. If I go to the islands to get the gems, I'm stopped by two rockets on Mt. Ember.
How do I activate national dex without being blocked when i try to finish the game?
Is there a way to edit the pokedex and make it National? Help me, please.
PS: I'm sorry if my grammar is wrong, I'm learning to speak and write English.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm having a little logic problem. First, I would like to make any Pokémon evolve without the need to take me to National Dex. There is a code, if I replace in CE91A by 00 00 14 E0, it enables evolutions (Unfortunately by levels) But it does not enable if I have an evolution stone.
I tested with many pokémons and I can not succeed using the above method.
I had a success when I change the pokedex by the national dex, but playing normal, I get to the elite of the four and I can not enter to battle lorelei. If I go to the islands to get the gems, I'm stopped by two rockets on Mt. Ember.
How do I activate national dex without being blocked when i try to finish the game?
Is there a way to edit the pokedex and make it National? Help me, please.
PS: I'm sorry if my grammar is wrong, I'm learning to speak and write English.

Check out this post. It will allow you to evolve any Pokemon without the National Dex, including trades and evolution stones. You might need to undo the changes you made at 0xCE91A as there may be a conflict, but you probably won't need to do that.

Years
I searched these offsets in the hex editor, but says it does not exist. LOL
Could you help me again? :T
Fire Red Codes:
0x08043156: 02 E0
0x080CE90C: 1C E0
0x080CF566: 17 E0
0x08126C26: C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46
0x08126C4C: 08 E0

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Don't include the '0x08' at the beginning of the offsets. So rather than going to 0x080CE90C, go to 0CE90C. Also make sure that you're hexadecimal mode, not decimal.

Years
I got it! The pokedex was activated, and the pok?mons of other generations could evolve without problem. Even by evolutionary stones and by levels. And I also have no impediment when entering the elite 4.
May there be more people like you willing to help those who need it! Thank you!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Don't include the '0x08' at the beginning of the offsets. So rather than going to 0x080CE90C, go to 0CE90C. Also make sure that you're hexadecimal mode, not decimal.

So why bother including "0x08"? lol Also, wouldn't "0CE90C" be just "CE90C"? Last time I checked a 0 at the beginning of a number meant nothing if my maths is correct:P

EDIT: yes it does do nothing special to have that extra 0 at the front lol

Last edited:
Back