The PokéCommunity Forums Off Topic Discussions Discussions & Debates
Help & Advice Thread

Discussions & Debates Have a seat at Discussions & Debates for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Old 1 Day Ago (1:44 PM).
King of Crystal Styx

Nature: Timid
i guess a little backstory is needed first..

i'm trans, more specifically androgynous or just trans-masculine.
i go by he/him/his/himself and they/them/their/themself pronouns and have done so for at least four years.

i basically shut myself in after the Trump inauguration, i'm supposed to be in college by now but i'm absolutely terrified of facing anyone.
i was bullied relentlessly in high school and now that the new trans-bathroom policy is being flailed around like something to be proud of, i've been more reluctant to leave than ever.
i haven't transitioned yet, so i'm still seen as female and it gives me the worst dysphoria, i just don't want to relive high school all over again.

if you're trans, like me, what would you recommend? i don't have any healthy coping mechanisms.

SOUNDCLOUDBANDCAMPTWITTER

Relevant Advertising!

Old 10 Hours Ago (10:01 AM).
Gyao?

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpire View Post
i guess a little backstory is needed first..

i'm trans, more specifically androgynous or just trans-masculine.
i go by he/him/his/himself and they/them/their/themself pronouns and have done so for at least four years.

i basically shut myself in after the Trump inauguration, i'm supposed to be in college by now but i'm absolutely terrified of facing anyone.
i was bullied relentlessly in high school and now that the new trans-bathroom policy is being flailed around like something to be proud of, i've been more reluctant to leave than ever.
i haven't transitioned yet, so i'm still seen as female and it gives me the worst dysphoria, i just don't want to relive high school all over again.

if you're trans, like me, what would you recommend? i don't have any healthy coping mechanisms.
I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances and so sorry that your country has become increasingly unsafe. Unfortunately I am neither trans nor living in the US so I really can't give you advice. I don't really know any healthy coping mechanisms either...

Were you already enrolled in college? Have you notified your professors about your absence? To avoid falling too much behind I'd certainly let college know about your circumstances - without giving too much detail if you're not comfortable with that. That's the only thing I can think of right now, sorry.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links