• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Apparently, I did try that, but unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Well, I tried changing the data then transfer the ROM, from my computer to my phone, but still white screen, am I doing it right? I changed the data to:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

Then I saved, and transferred the ROM to my phone. I set the GBA Save Type to Flash (128KB), but it still does not work.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Why are you editing a Ruby rom to an Emerald header?
POKEMON RUBY
AXVE
might produce better results?

Also, I don't know how that emulator works, but you might need to delete any save files that the emulator generated from loading it wrong the first time?

DashBlack: Thanks. :P

M4: I'll have it for you sooner rather than later. I've done a route and a half since I last posted. :P

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
What is this becoming lol, I just want to play the hack in English.

Lol Ash with kids? Are you trolling with progress?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
I tried changing it to POKEMON RUBY instead of POKEMON EMER, but it's still not working. There's always still a white screen. An I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I got it to work. I was doing it wrong. No need for help anymore.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
What is this becoming lol, I just want to play the hack in English.

Lol Ash with kids? Are you trolling with progress?

I'm quite disappointed by the fact that actually fail at reading a signature.
I said, "I'm not going to include's Ash's girls or his children. Rather, I'll include his estate in the edited version."

It will be in English, don't worry.
SP already said that he's gonna release unedited version.
Yep, that's right, partner. Now, let's do this quick so that we'll beat Snakebyte in this competition!

Good luck with the translation Snakebyte!

Shouldn't you be rooting for me? I will do a better job than Snakebyte because the stuff I'm covering is more than Snakebyte's.

For the original version:
-Decapitalization
-Custom names for every Trainer
-Corrected Pokédex entries
-Changed town names
-Extra random Trainers roaming in random places; they help you to prepare for the upcoming battles
-Cries for the D/P/P and B/W PKMN
-New PKMN - Gallade, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Leafeon and Rhyperior

For the slightly edited version:
The stuff up above +
-Relationships on Gym Leaders and Elite Four between the Gym Leaders and the E4 from previous generations (Not including Ash's relationships)
-Ash's estate (No, Ash's girls will not be included)

So fans, I need your opinions. Originality isn't everything, you know!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Just wait for the two releases of SP and ASH and the Release of Snake bite Play it and the thats the time you can post in this forum who does the better version or we can make poll..

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Actually, considering your multiple changes and slow progress, at this point I'd rather play Snakebyte's version. Though, I'll still play yours to see the differences between yours and Snakebyte's translation. I hope I don't offend you in any way.

Good luck to both of you.

Last edited:

master2738

Deviant Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
lol, wow this is gettin good. i wonder who's translation will be better? Sp's or snakebyte's? i gotta say as far as changes go it really doesnt matter to me, as long as the game is translated to english. but it seem's like Sp's will be cooler (with all the extra features). but progress is going so slowly with his version :/ snakebyte on the other hand is seeming to breaze right thru this translation process! and a pure version wont be so bad since LP is already so good. well i for one am going to play whichever one is released first. and im sure alot of other people hav the same thought process as me. so it would appear that this has become a race between Sp and snakebyte? may the best translator win!!!! :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
both is good because snakebyte version is like playing LP in englsih version and for SP his adding a new tweaks for the game so you wont bore playing game all over again..as i know Wesley is also releasing a Final Version of LP..

Years
Wesley is making a final version when the game gets translated, it will have graphical updates like to the bag and Pokedex. Also just so you know Snakebyte is lying, he just asked me if I was working on an LP translation if you look again. He doesn't say anything about working with him. Also here's what Wesley said to me about making an X version.

Me: Seeing that you gave SarcsticPrince permission to hack into Pokemon Light Platinum, is it okay if I hack into Light Platinum too? I got an idea for an easy version and a hard version. The easy version has the same difficulty as Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver and the difficult version has the same difficulty as Pokemon Platinum, but Lauren is around the same levels as Pokemon Black and White's in the Level 60-65's. Would you mind if I did?

WelseyFG: Okay, just do not change anything in the history of the game, and specify its modifications and its version for when people are downloading the game, thanks!
bye

Me: Would you mind giving me a patch that I can edit please? Because I don't know if you can hack into the normal Light Platinum on the first page.

WesleyFG:One minute, but you can use the tool RHEA (ROM Header Editor Advance) and share the "Game Code" for "AXVE" all the tools worked well in the game

So as you see I can make an X version. Also I asked Wesley if I could translate LP, but that was back when I was mad at SP. I'm gonna be playing SP's version instead by the way.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
oh i see..well im just waiting in your release and SP and enjoy playing the game..i hope it will be successful,,

Years
unbelieveable.

i tried the new version

very very nice. i hope english translation will be finish soon.

Very niice pokemon choose at the start.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I was gone for a day and this hack becomes a competition?
Well even though I think that this might be somewhat...bad, good luck to you both SP and Ash and good luck to you too Snakebyte, but all I'm gonna say is, I bet as soon as one of these translations is done, everybody is gonna play it since all we wanted from the very beginning is to play this hack in english.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
I agree the first to be done is really going to be the winner, however sp will probably finish first being that snakebyte said in five days he is only on gym 1.

Back