• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NaNoWriMo: 2011!

Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?

• YES!

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • May try a smaller/different target (e.g. 25,000 words, 10,000 words)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I wish I could do NaNoWriMo. I am to occupied with school so, I can't do it. I'll root for all of you on this forum who decide to participate.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I wrote seven pages for my NaNo novel in one night!

And then I got plans to rework the entire plot and I feel like kicking myself. Because I won't be able to work on the current version now that I have new ideas floating in my head.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I feel terrible, I haven't really started anything yet. I knew this would happen, oh well too late now.

Good luck to rest of you!

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
Late joiner to the thread but hello!

I'm about 10k behind right now because I spent five evenings fretting over writing a job application. But if I manage to write about 3k per day, I can still make it. I've already proven that I can do that, as I have managed to several times over the past month.

I've been following and using @NaNoWordSprints on Twitter, which has proven to be the most effective way. Oh, and I did a pretty awesome sprint of 770 words or so against Misheard Whisper. :D

Bay

Years
A couple nights ago I finished one of the writing projects I'm using for NaNo. I actually like how I end it, although I'll have to probably revise the last chapter after I get the earlier chapters polished. Later today I'll get started on my second project for NaNo. Don't think I'll be able to finish that one for Nano, but I'll write what I can!

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I just spent five days in Blenheim without internet, so I got a massive amount of writing done. I'm now totally caught up, and even a day or two ahead, I think. I'd like to push ahead with that, but I have exams over the next couple of days, so I might have to take a bit of a break from NaNo to focus on those. After that, I'll be back into it for the last few days. I won't lose NaNo this year, but I won't make 127k like I did last year.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I started about 11 days ago and I have about 6000 words of fully edited non drabbled content. I know this isn't much or anything.. but it's my first fanfiction (ever) and I think it's quite a bit of progress for a first timer :3 Wish me luck <3 And happy writing, guys!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Oh time flies, kind of. This is a bit late since NaNo ended like three nights ago, but who won?

I barely made it, since I was behind midway through. I had 12k when we were supposed to be at 25k. I picked it up by writing like 5k per day and made it at the end...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I won for my second year in a row, so that was cool. My final word count was 50,451, which is low compared to last year's (75K) but I also didn't write for the majority of an entire week and kind of slacked off a little bit in the final days.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I'm in the same sort of boat as Ryoutarou, actually. Thanks to a week or so of writing nothing whatsoever, I just barely clocked in at over 50k. Nowhere near close to last year's 127k, hehe. But still, I won for the third year running.

Back