• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Unovian Pokémon?

Years
Oooh, I love making favorites lists.

Top 10

497.png
547.png
503.png
510.png
542.png

549.png
630.png
637.png
620.png
593-f.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Seismetoad cause why not, Braviary cause MERICA, that mushroom pokemon the grass/poison one i forget the name- amoongus or something.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Like others said, Unova has brought some cool Pokémon but the one that stands out the most for me is Scrafty. Now, let's play story time.
Once upon a time, I looked through all of the Gen 5 Pokémon for the first time and I did like some of them but I hated the pantslizards. I liked the Dark/Fighting combination but I despised their designs to the point I put them as one of my least favourite Pokémon without even using them. One day, I got myself Pokémon White a week after its release and reached Castelia City with only four Pokémon and I needed another. So then, I decided to catch a Scraggy and train it up a bit and let's just say this Pokémon is amazing. After the final battle, Scrafty was MVP and I just enjoyed using it (and the design was growing on me). I got Black on Easter and I lacked a Fighting type and the first Pokémon that came to mind? Scrafty. So, I got a Scraggy and trained it up for the Ice gym. Later on, I was interested in using this thing competitively so I looked up its movepool and saw this thing gets a lot of things; I even watched a sweep. On June, I decided to have a "Scrafty appreciation month" where I have my desktop as a Scrafty image for a month. When it was over and I decided to do another Pokémon appreciation month, I just couldn't do it because Scrafty has grown on me so much. Later on, Scrafty officially became my favourite Unovian Pokémon (it was Hydreigon before) and on September before/during the start of my first year university, it officially became my favourite Pokémon (before it was Houndoom). Also, it has a really cool/unique design, it's a Mohawk lizard with pants made from its own dead skin what's not to love?

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Unova added so many pokemon that I love. I honestly can't understand the hate the pokemon get. (Hoenn and Unova introduced the best pokemon imo)

Cofagrigus is not only my favourite Unova pokemon but it has become my favourite period. Reuniclus is another Unova pokemon I really love.

Cofagrigus, Reuniclus, Scolipede, Sigilyph, Golurk, Galvantula, Accelgor, Scrafty, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr, Samurott, Serperior, Swanna, Volcarona, Stoutland, Leavanny, Darmanitan......just to name the ones I like the most.

The amount of hits for me personally was absolutely ridiculous.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Conkeldurr. He is the only fighting type pokemon I will ever use and he was the first pokemon that I ever traded for with a friend to have it evolve so it holds a special place in my heart. I used it on my first run of White when it first came out and I've been using it ever since both in game and competitively. A mega form would be great, though I don't really want that because it would just be gross. I'd like for it to have more speed because he's pretty freakin slow.

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
609.gif
494.gif

It's been a dead tie between these two for my favorite Pokemon since the beginning of BW2 UU. The determining factor for how much I like a Pokemon has always been how hard they hit in their respective tiers, and these two serial killers have so few safe switch-ins, it's almost funny. Once I realized how good they were, Heracross got the boot from #1, and Victini or Chandelure have been on every one of my UU teams since. I love these two so damn much.

...If I could change anything about them? Give Chandelure back its 120 and 140 base Power Fire Blast and Overheat, respectively.

Years
Eelektross because of all the great move tutor moves it gets in Gen 5. I really hope ORAS has just as good, or better move tutors. X and Y Eelektross pretty only has whatever it learns as Eelektrik and TMs.

Years
The Tepig line. As I have mentioned before, my first Pokemon game was Black, therefore my starter, being Tepig, was my first Pokemon. Plus, I have raised not one, but two Emboars up to level 100. Also, I love the design with a flaming chin and the wrestler-type look.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Hydreigon by far. It's typing isn't that amazing competitively, especially as of 6th gen, but any Pokemon that's a combination of my two favorite types has my approval.

Glasieren

A-Class Connaisseur
Years
I really love Oshawott!:pink_love:

I also liked Cobalion, Virizion, Kyurem, Bisharp, Whimsicott, and Sawsbuck as well.(:

Sirfetch’d

Since I am the 1 fan of Jellicent it is obviously him for me ;)

A lot of Unova Pokemon were really good for me, but Jellicent is definitely my favorite. I love it's typing, abilities, tankiness, and just overall usefullness in battle.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Uhhhh, you make me choose. Hmm..well there are alot if Good Pokemon, but my money will be in Chandelure with Victini and Samurott being the close runner ups. Chandelure has amazing typing, its Sp.A is the highest of any Non-legendary Pokemon and it is a CHANDELIER. I love it :)

Years
Favorite Fifth Generation Pokemon

What is your favorite Pokemon from Gen V and why?

I think it's rather obvious that my favorite Gen V Pokemon is Emboar. Tepig was my first starter, and it was used so much during my first run of Black, it felt so cool to own such a strong Pokemon. Also, I really like shiny Emboar's palette, as it makes Emboar look even more awesome.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Petilil is the greatest creation not only in gen V, but in Pokemon as a whole. Petilil is a goddess and I will not be told otherwise.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
I'm gonna be a total n00b and go with Kyurem. I just love the idea of an Ice-Dragon, and having three forms is also pretty sweet.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
Including legendaries, I'm going to say Virizion. Seriously, just look at that beautiful creation. Sure, the typing isn't original and it may not be the most useful of the trio - but damn do I love it.

Mienshao gets the award for the best non-legendary introduction. Which is weird, bearing in mind I normally can't stand fighting types. I don't think I've had a team to date that hasn't had Mienshao in it, although always with (almost) the same moveset and ability: Regenerator with substitute, baton pass, hi jump kick and a fourth hard-hitting physical move.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Spoiler:

That is the greatest Pokemon Gen V introduced.

Back