• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Regi Warriors

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Do you guys remember the Regi family from Gen 3's R/S/E? Remember the strange way on trying to find them?

First you had to get a Relicanth and Wailord as well as a Pokemon with Dig and Dive, then you'd have to dive towards a specific spot near route 134, where read this braille text, and then, the regis will finally surface upon different caves: the Desert Tomb in the desert where Regirock is, Route 105's Island Cave where Regice is, and the Ancient Tomb in Route 120 where Regirock is.

But even if you know where the caves are, there are still puzzles to solve within each of them, like to reach Regirock, you'd have to go right twice, down twice and then use Strength, to reach Regice, you'll need to stand there and wait 2 minutes, and for Registeel, you'll need to use Fly in the middle of the room. Whew.

Well still, going over the Regi trio, Regirock the Rockbody pokemon, Registeel the Steelbody pokemon, and Regice the Iceberg pokemon, if you had to pick only one, which of these Regi tri would be your favourite, and which one would you choose to get? Why? Did you use any of these pokemon in game? What do you think of this method on finding these pokemon?

Years
The Regis are some of my favorite legendaries, and definitely my favorite non-story-central legendaries. I love their art design and I love the way they're found within the Hoenn region. I think they are best caught as a set of three (four if you count Regigigas which is awesome but I don't have), but if I had to pick one it would be Regice because its call is so darn cool.

Years
I actually really loved the unique, random way of obtaining the Regis, and spent a bit of time catching them all back in Emerald. My favourite is probably Regice, I think it has the best design out of the three and how it was kind of an abstract type - I suppose all of them were really - but I think Game Freak did a pretty good job with the Regi trio, just a shame I never got Regigigas :(

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
I think the ways to find them and unlock their caves is pretty interesting though back then being young I found it annoying and was only able to do it thanks to slow internet.

Regice takes it for me. Loved it's blue icy design forever now. Whenever I completed Emerald I would always try to use it while in the Battle Frontier.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The way to get them was such a hassle. I rarely did it, because they aren't really worth it imo. I do sort of like Regice though, but never really was the biggest fan of them as a trio / never really used them either.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I actually really loved the unique, random way of obtaining the Regis, and spent a bit of time catching them all back in Emerald. My favourite is probably Regice, I think it has the best design out of the three and how it was kind of an abstract type - I suppose all of them were really - but I think Game Freak did a pretty good job with the Regi trio, just a shame I never got Regigigas :(

Do you think Game Freak should make unique ways like those for hunting future legendaries? o:

It'd be cool if they created more puzzles for them, imo. :]

Years
Do you think Game Freak should make unique ways like those for hunting future legendaries? o:

It'd be cool if they created more puzzles for them, imo. :]

Yeah definitely, I like the random, unique ways of hunting these legendaries and think Game Freak should do something similar in the future for players to discover :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah definitely, I like the random, unique ways of hunting these legendaries and think Game Freak should do something similar in the future for players to discover :3

Same here. <33

More puzzles and mystery solving makes legendary hunting more worth it, imo. <33 Hopefully they'll do something like it soon, or maybe not as tricky to figure out but something a little bit out of the box. ^^

Sam1994

Sam
Years
According to me Regi trios are among my list of "good to be found" pokemon..and all of them are actually my all time favourites but being asked to chose one, I would chose Registeel because of it's type (my fav) and it's way of finding (flying in middle ..lol). Speaking of the ways to find them, is really time taking and weird but interesting and enjoying lol..

Iria Animi

Innocent Trainer
Years
Oh I won't forget those creepy ost when we get to solve the puzzle.Not to mention the puzzles were not possible to figure out without the walkthrough.It's shame that newer Pokemon games doesn't similar these epic mystery.

Back