• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Dope Crunk

likes her bass down low
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I have always, always dreamed of a Farfetch'd evolution that was a royal swan. He needs his fifteen minutes of fame :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With all the Dunsparce showing up?

Huh?

I don't remember seeing that many Dunsparce. I mean I and a bunch of people called the Eevee thing with all the Eevee advertising back during the Unova League tournament, but I don't really see anything out of the ordinary with Dunsparce going on.

Someone dressed up as a Dunsparce in the last Pokemon Smash episode. Ash tried to catch a Dunsparce one one of the Da episodes. And Pokejungle I think it was, the people who was doing the stuff that showed up said "ANOTHER Dunsparce teaser" Actually I don't remember exactly where I saw this, but it was an article about the last Pokemon Smash episode. So there must have been more.

When Ash caught Aipom, there ended up being a evo of it. It may be nothing, I am just saying and it should get an evolution.

Last edited:

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Hmm, I don't think I've posted here yet. I haven't read through most of the comments, but there are some I can both agree/disagree.

Here's what I think: Pre-evolutions? IMO they are unneeded for the most part. Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Tauros/Miltank are the only ones I see, possibly Throh/Sawk, because it actually makes sense. Anything else would be a waste of precious pokedex space. I've heard others say that pre-evolutions improved the movesets of Pokemon, but so do evolutions, which IMO are overall better. Maybe it's because I only play Pokemon competitively.

Evolutions: Yes! I would like a Pegasus-like Rapidash evolution! I wouldn't mind a pegasus Pokemon being its own separate Pokemon, but I would also like to see Rapidash get a boost both aesthetically and viability.
I've always pictured Dunsparce evolving into a serpent-like normal/dragon type. Those wings could sure be put to good use.
Mawile is another I agree with. I remember seeing a fan-made picture of it having those jaws as its hands and being more warrior-like.
Houndoom, while its stats are already pretty good, has always made me think that one day it could evolve into a cerberus. I would say chimera, but Litleo seems like it would fill that role.

None of these have been obviously advertised, like Eevee, but neither were most of the evolutions from 4th generation. If I recall from 2006, Electivire & Roserade were two of the few that were introduced while everything else remained hidden.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm gonna toss my wishlist of PKMN that I want to have Evolutions or Pre-evolutions. :3
And I'm also posting to secretly increase my post count. Shhhh!!!

Pre-evolution List...
- Scyther
- Pinsir
- Kangaskhan, for goodness' sake! Give it a pre-evo already!
- Tauros
- Miltank
- Stantler
- Smeargle
- Tropius
- Torkoal
- Lapras

Evolution List...
- Lapras
- Torkoal
- Dunsparce, please?
- Volbeat
- Illumisé
- ...Unown?

Years
I'm not really a fan of Pre-evos, but a baby Lapras would look adorable. Also, a baby cow-mon to evolve into either Miltank or Tauros would be cool.

As for evolutions:
Houndoom - as mentioned, a cerberus kinda look would be awesome
Lapras - an even larger plesiosaur
Durant - turn into in to a queen ant
Ariados - could turn into a huge, menacing spider. we need more strong bug types

I also would love a ghost type Eeveelution - just call it "Ghouleon"

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
i have a feeling most evolutions will be to promote the fairy type (see: sylveon), so yeah i'd totally bet on dunsparce evolving to a fairy something. i'd be surprised if oldschool pokemon like pinsir and jynx got an evolution, at this point i'm sure gamefreak/nintendo would like to promote something newer/more popular.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Tauros and Miltank should evolve from the same baby pokémon. They even appear in the same horde battle.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
The reason I don't want Dunsparce to become Normal/Fairy is because I want its evolution to be Normal/Ground or Normal/Dragon. But if Dunsparce becomes Normal/Fairy, then Ground/Fairy or Dragon/Fairy would also be okay for its evo.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
The fact that Kangaskhan hasn't had a baby pre-evolution really pisses me off.
C'mon, She can't just come out of an egg with a baby Pokemon in her pouch!
Its stupid. They need to make a male counterpart for her also. Something similar looking. but more "manly" Such as real life kangaroo's. The males are much taller. Muscle tone. Ect.
115Kangaskhan.png

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Its stupid. They need to make a male counterpart for her also. Something similar looking. but more "manly" Such as real life kangaroo's. The males are much taller. Muscle tone. Ect.
115Kangaskhan.png
'Sactly.

This is how I want it to work:
Egg= Baby Kangaskhan
Female Baby Kangaskhan can evolve at level 25 into Kangaskhan
-Or-
Male Baby Kangaskhan + holding Skull + Level up = Cubone

Years
115Kangaskhan.png

If it does then they should increase Kangaskhans stats

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well they could change both of Dunsparce's types...I don't believe it's been done yet where a mono type turns into two completely different types but it can happen.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
To everyone who's saying they want more eeveelutions, or think that there will be a 2nd eeveelution this go-around... wouldn't it make sense for Gamefreak to pace themselves with releasing future eeveelutions? There's only 18 types in the game, and Pokemon isn't going to end any time soon. I'm glad they only released one eeveelution this time around, because they're pacing themselves.

How about a Kangaskhan evolution as well? It can become Steel/Fighting (it's skin could turn into metal or it could gain armor).
Look at every evolution given to a pokemon in a generation after its original debut. The Sinnoh evolutions are the most relevant.

How many of them actively changed types to become a more powerful version of itself? Did Lickitung suddenly become Dragon/Poison, dragon because Lickitung was reptilian, and poison because it used deadly saliva to poison its foe? Did Porygon2 become Electric/Psychic or Electric/Steel due to it being technology related or an artificial intelligence?

I think Kangaskhan becoming a steelclad warrior is too farfetch'd, and if we're going to speculate an evolution, it wouldn't be anything drastic.

Years
With the sudden attention to Dunsparce by the media I wouldn't be surprised if it gets an evolution and/or a pre-evolution. After all, it has been a forgettable Pokemon for quite a long time.

But do you guys think there'll be any evolution trees added to older Pokemon at all? Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Game freak brings in more, because of the new fairy typing assignments.

Back