• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Um, i don't see myself in the Champions section, would someone mind putting me there please?
Edit: oh wow, i bred my Ven with a nincada and the egg hatched shiny! shiny Trapinch called Leo!
This place really needs to be updated! not only me, but my sister just joined and we are not even on the list of challengers list, and not just that, i saw that the ultimate fail has finished his rattata solo run on pokemon firered, yet he is still in the kanto ultimate solo runners list! i think someone else should make an updated list, and if no one will step up to make this list, it will be me!
Just be patient and wait for myrrhman to update it, he usually does it at least every other week. Don't worry so much about being in the list right away, it eventually gets done.

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
-Battled alot of trainers
-Got surf in safari zone
-Defeated Koga

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spr_3f_073.png
L48
Zenny the Mild natured Tentacruel
-Giga Drain
-Attract
-Surf
-Toxic

Spr_3f_027.png

-cut

Spr_3f_016.png

-Fly

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Reminder. I, 649, am also dragon0fangz.

Anyways, I decided to reload My Zigzagoon Solo challenge. (change my name as well).
I finally beat Roxanne after what seems like hours of grinding, Z was lv 20. Z and Nosepass had an extremely long stallfest, caused by my Sand attacking him 6 times, then I kept Tail Whipping him, while he hardened. Sometimes, he tried to use rock throw, but it would always miss. Then Tail whip ran out of pp, and I kept Headbutting and Tackling. After what seems like forever, he was taken down. Finally!

Years
AND my Lickitung solo run on Silver is complete! Now, does anyone know the minimum number of posts for one to put up screenshots? I don't think I'm there yet, but when I get there I will edit this post with those pictures. Anyway, a few details:

Lucky the male Lickitung @ Leftovers
level 77
Strength, Thunder punch, Ice punch and Earthquake (Fire punch until Vermillion City)

HM the Farfetch'd
level 16
Cut, Fly, Thief, Sand Attack

HMs II the Chinchou
level 20
Whirlpool, Waterfall, Flash and Surf

Snorlax (not nicknamed)
Caught because Strength and then thunderpunch paralysed it and had it down to 2 HP, threw a poke ball and it got caught first time XD

Well, going to wait until tomorrow before starting my run on Ruby version, but Lucky is AWESOME!!!!!

Years
Mamoswimeftw, you need to have at least 15 posts to be able to post screenshots, and also nice work on the completion of your silver run.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Just be patient and wait for myrrhman to update it, he usually does it at least every other week. Don't worry so much about being in the list right away, it eventually gets done.

...Ok, but i've seen mhyrrman (sorry cant spell) online a buncha times yet he still hasn't gotten around to updating this place, it's like he forgot or something!

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I'm having some problem with bringing an Remoraid in that can evolve. So i'm changing. I'm not gonna play an Octillery Ultimate Solo.

Change it to an Remoraid Ultimate solo run. (oh god)
I will update when i beated Erika.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Wow. So, I'm not doing a long, drawn out log like before, mostly because I got WAY too much done last night. I'm currently...where am I? Oh, yes, I'm ready to head on into the Lighthouse, after I level up a Magikarp I just caught so I can have an awesome HM slave. Which means...I cleared the Sprout Tower, the Violet Gym, Union Cave, the Rockets in the Well, Azelea Gym, the Forest, Goldenrod Gym, and Mahogany Gym. Oh, and like 42564734 battles with my rival Chris? Well, maybe not that many, but it seemed like a lot. And I do love his battle music (I think I should make it my ringtone?).

Anywho, Champ has obviously evolved twice into Feraligatr over the course of...well, everything, and it now at level 37 or 38 (I can't remember which). He knows Headbutt, Ice Fang, Water Gun, and Crunch, two of which I'm planning on keeping in his final moveset. I just need to replace Water Gun with Waterfall and Headbutt with...either Super Power or Earthquake, I'm not sure which...probably Earthquake, because those electrics are already a pain in the rear, esepcially the ones with the ability Static. Although...Super Power would put a lot of Pokemon out of their misery a lot quicker than 5984796 Crunches...=/

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2011
Ok well I got really into the game this morning, and from right after Lt. Surge I made it all the way to the E4 and finished my challenge!

Champion Hall of Fame Registration:
Spoiler:

Kendo's final Kanto Stats and Moveset:
Spoiler:

Trainer Card:
Spoiler:

Sorry for not updating with everything I did, didn't feel like typing all that this morning and then I had to leave right before I did the E4 so just now finished. I will begin my Heart Gold Adventure either later today or tomorrow!

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Completely blazing through the game right now. I had a hard time with all the gym leaders, having to rely on Tail Whip most of the time, until I learned Belly Drum. I never knew how useful that move could be. Just Belly Drum, heal, and you're good to go. Wow!
I recently owned my dad. Belly Drum + Dig = Win.
Z the Zigzagoon
263.gif

Secret Power
Belly Drum
Dig
Shock Wave

blue

gucci
Years
Update Time!
  • Made it out of Mt. Moon (Without Flash)
  • Battled a few of the trainers around Mt. Moon and reached Lavander town and healed Rapidash
  • Exited Lavander town and headed West towards Celadon City, battled a few trainers on the way and did abit of grinding and Rapidash grew a couple of levels
  • Reached Celadon City and explored, entered the Game Corner and battled the Team Rocket Member, entered the hideout, got a few items, battled all the Rockets, battled the leader Giovanni & cleared out the hideout and got the Silph CO. from Giovanni
  • After alot of batteling, healed Rapidash and went to take on Erika at the Celadon City Gym with Rapidash & HM slave (cut) Charmander
  • Entered the Celadon City Gym, battled all the trainers in the Gym and gained a couple of Levels, had no problem considering Rapidash is fire type and this gym was grass type
  • Healed up Rapidash (again) and took on Erika, I was about 20 levels above and had the advantage of type so this was the easiest gym so far, all 4 Pokémon 1 Hit K.Oed and defeated Erika within seconds!
Current Team

#078 Rapidash
Level 50
rbspr078.png

~ Ember
~ Body Slam

~ Stomp
~ Growl

Screenshot:

PokemonBlue_01.png

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Well, I have just started a Scyther solo run on Soulsilver. I know, it seems easy. Because Scyther is ridiculously good in Soulsilver, I have set certain restrictions on myself.

-No healing outside or inside of battle unless it's at a Pokemon Center
-No using TMs on Scyther. Using HMs on HM slaves are acceptable, however.
-Only Scyther can be used in battle. Period. If Scyther faints, I'll just start out from my last save point.

So, this isn't quite a normal solo run. After this I will be do other ones with the same rules (Abomomasnow solo run, anyone?). Anyways, I have started.

After going through all the boring starting info, I hacked a Scyther into my game, who I named Buzzkill. The Totodile I chose at Elm's lab would be a Surf/Waterfall slave. I grinded Buzzkill up to Level 10, at which point a went to Mr.Pokemon's house, took the egg, and recived my Pokedex. Along the way, I ran into someone who I did not know. His Chikorita was brought down by two powerful Quick Attacks.
At the lab, I reported to the police officer that the red haired boy's name was Chris (After my brother, who the rival reminds me of). Then, I travelled on to Violet City. The trainers on Route 30 and 31 were no match for Buzzkill's attacks. I grinded up a bit, at which point I went on to the Sprout Tower. Bellsprout and Hoothoot? No problem. Buzzkill took 'em all out.
As you obviously expect, the next thing to do was challenge the gym. I quickly healed at the Pokemon Center before rushing on to the gym. Soon...

Gym Battle!
o0qfj5.png

Falker was no problem, unlike I suspected. Pidgey was taken down in seconds. It took 3 blows to take Pidgeotto down, but it did minimal damage with it's Gust.

Afterward, I ran off to the Pokemart to grab the Pokemon Egg, which will certainly never get past Togepi.

Solo Runner after Falkner:

sprite.php
Buzzkill, Level 16 - Quirky nature - Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, False Swipe, Pursuit

Years
Hey I wanna join in on this challenge but I don't know what Pokemon to use. I play Sapphire and I can't do hacks and trades. Can anyone suggest a good pokemon I could find early in the game that I could use althroughout? No starters though, that seems too... plain.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
@Kebs It might be difficult, but maybe Gardevoir? She has a good Special Attack stat and a good movepool.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
I will join in Platinum with 3 pokemon, Gliscor Roserade & Bronzong.
I wil do Bronzong first.

Years
I caught a Slakoth just now and I'm thinking of keeping this one instead of the Ralts (but thanks for the tip, Gardevoir seems like a good idea too). Though I'm wondering, should i evolve it to a Slaking or maintain it as a Vigoroth? I mean, Slaking gets a Truant ability so it'd loaf around every two turns or so but it has higher stats (i think?) so I'm unsure of what to do with him.

Years
AND ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!

As the above line says, Lucky the Lickitung has indeed succeeded once more, this time in the Hoenn Region. I have 4 more posts I believe before screenshots can be uploaded, but will do so when I can. Will upload the stats and what not then as well, but for an overview:

Lucky the male Lickitung @ Sitrus Berry
level 77 (I think)
Sidney: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Stomp and Earthquake
Phoebe: swapped stomp for Shadow Ball
Glacia: No change, but had to use Groudon to get rid of Hail/revive Lucky
Drake: swapped Shadow Ball for Ice Beam, one beam took out each of his pokemon
Steven: MUCH harder battle. Had to switch between Groudon, Wingull and Marshtomp to revive/heal Lucky twice and restore his PP with an elixer. They did not use any attacks.

Groudon level 45, dont know it's movepool
HMs the Marshtomp, Dive, Waterfall, Strength, Rock Smash
Wingull, Fly and don't know the other 3 moves

Well, need to be starting Platinum I guess. Almost there, and the screenshots will be coming up soon. I'll try and comment on some of the other people's logs just to rack up the post count. hope everyone is having fun with this challenge. Out of curiosity, does anyone think I should evolve Lickitung into Lickilicky in this game? Or would it cause the challenge to become void? I don't really mind either way, but Lickilicky has better stats.

Last edited:
Years
Actually cancel the Abra->Kadabra->Alakazam run. I'll do a on Slowpoke->Slowbro run on Leaf Green. After I've finished I might carry on to a ultimate but I'm not sure now.

EDIT: I've started. Named myself Daichi and Rival Gary. I modded the starter so I got a Slowpoke instead of Bulbasaur and named him Solobro. Charmander was easy after a couple of curses. Followed the story. Got a pokedex. Faced Brock.

Gym Battle 1
SpriteBrock.png
Brock

Team before
Spr_3f_079.png
Solobro Lv.12
-Curse
-Yawn
-Tackle
-Growl

Vs. Geodude.
I used curse 6 times and my tackle Still did minimal damage.(maybe because he kept using defence curl). He finally got taken down by a tackle but after I use 3 or 4 potions. Then Solobro learnt water gun

Vs. Onix
Water gun. That was it.

Went through Mt. Moon and I'm outside Misty's Gym.

Spr_3f_079.png
Solobro Lv. 23
Male
Quirky Nature
-Curse
-Yawn
-Confusion
-Water Gun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back