• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
Cleared Ruby and LeafGreen

I have tried posting this like 8 times now!!!!!!
I cleared Ruby and LeafGreen with my Blaziken(Fury)
In Leaf Green i had some problems because torchic wouldnt evolve because i didnt have the national dex. I finally found the script needed for it and put it in game. After recieving the national Dex i had no problems until i reached the elite four. The game script read it as me already beating them once because i had the national Dex so i had to get the ruby and sapphire from the islands and beat the rockets there before continuing on to the elite four. I could easily get to lance but his gyrados demoslished me every time. i eventually got enough XP and reached lv. 95 and then used the 5 rare candies i had found to get to 100.
Ill be starting heartgold sometime in the future, just not sure when cause im currently trying to organize a team for the international tournament on my hard copy of white.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I've done this a few times, and I would say that it's much, much harder to raise a team of Pokemon than to use just one. In fact, the way that I usually raise a team is by using just one Pokemon and exp.sharing the rest. Anyone else feel this way?

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I always wanted to do a solo run.

Nickname: Infersaime
In-game: Saime
Game: Platinum
Pokemon: Shinx/Luxio/Luxray

I hope I have fun with my first solo-run.

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I'd like to do an Ultimate Solo Run with my Golduck. I'll probably be using Fire Red, Silver, Ruby, Diamond and Black. I'll start playing right away so I can get to updating soon.

I've done this a few times, and I would say that it's much, much harder to raise a team of Pokemon than to use just one. In fact, the way that I usually raise a team is by using just one Pokemon and exp.sharing the rest. Anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, it's much easier to complete the games with one Pokémon, but I like the idea of just using one. I usually only Exp. share Pokémon that get added to the team at a low level.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Name: Felli
Utimate challenge except DS because I don't have a working DS emulator :(
Pokemon: Ralts :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Name: xBlackLegSanji
Game: Spirit Gold
Challenge: Solo Run!
Pokemon: Electivire

Note: I used the Pokemon Modifer code 2 get him in the game cuz I wont get him later on

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
My first update.

Spoiler:

Tiagrio the luxio
Lv: 29
nature: bashful
ability: rivalry

Moves
Return
leer
bite
spark

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
Well, i just started solo challenge with Bellsprout, Diglett and Dratini. Here goes:

Name:qw13
Game name:Red
Game:Pokemon Red Version
Pokemon: First Bellsprout, then Diglett , and last Dratini.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 1
  • Chose Squirtle as my starter.
  • Got my Psyduck and named it Perry.
  • Trained him to level 16 for Brock (I needed Confusion as Psyduck doesn't learn any water moves aside from Hydro Pump, seriously annoying).
  • Beat Brock after only two tries.
  • Owned Mt. Moon with my over leveled Psyduck.
  • Defeated Gary for the first time after 6 or 7 tries (I forgot Bulbasaur was weak to Confusion, stupid me).
  • Took on Misty after getting the SS Ticket from Bill, defeated her after the fourth try and thought Perry TM03 Water Pulse (Finally a Water Move!!).

Team:
54.png

Perry the Naive Psyduck @ Lv. 29
Ability: Cloud Nine (Would have been better with Damp, but if I chose everything it wouldn't be a challenge would it?)
Confusion
Scratch
Screech
Water Pulse

7.png

Squirtle
HM Slave

21.png

Spearow
Will be traded for HM-Slave Farfetch'd in Vermilion City.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
3...2...1...MASSIVE UPDATE TIME!

Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #15 with Weedle

So after Christmas, I took a bit of a break from Pokemon in order to play the new games I got. Now I'm back, and ready to continue this challenge. The reason this update is so big is because this is multiple days worth of playing, I usually stop playing for the day late at night so I'm too tired to update then. When I last updated, I was stuck at the first gym in Sapphire, since it's the rock gym.

-I decided that Gen 3 would be hard enough that I needed to EV train Weedle. I didn't have any way of speeding it along such as vitamins, so that in itself took me multiple days.
-Afterwards I beat the first gym with little effort, I believe I was around level 25 at the time.
-Took the boat to Dewford, and beat the gym there. Fighting pokemon usually are very easy for Weedle to beat.
-Went through the cave, and caught a Sableye as an HM Slave.
-Talked to Steven and left.
-Took the boat to Slateport, beat the beach trainers, and talked to everyone in town.
-After the story events there finished, I went north, beating most of the trainers (all but one guy who had a steel pokemon. poison doesn't affect steel).
-Arrived at Mauville and got the Acro Bike.
-Went into the gym and beat some of the trainers. I got into a situation where I needed to leave and heal, but I had to go through a trainer that had a Magnemite first. Since I couldn't hurt him, I had to let him beat me and take my money.
-Went into a nearby field and wasted all the PP for both of Weedle's attacks so I could affect Wattson's steel guys with Struggle.
-Beat all the trainers I could east and west of Mauville, and continued on north.
-Beat most of the trainers there, except one guy with 4 Geodudes. I went back and beat him later on.
-Beat the trainers on the route with the falling ash, and got to Fallarbor town.
-Continued west, and beat trainers all the way down to Meteor Falls.
-Team Aqua took the meteor and left. I'm really glad I picked Sapphire over Ruby, fighting Aqua's Carvanhas is much easier than fighting Magma's Numels with a Weedle.
-Went to the volcano, and beat the Aqua guys there. Archie required the use of X Attack and X Defend to beat, that got me a little worried about the rest of the game.
-Went south to Lavaridge. I beat the gym trainers.
-When I got to Flannery, her first Slugma kept beating me on his own. Over the course of a day I beat her. I wasted my PP so I could two-shot the first Slugma while he set up Sunny Day. The second one messed up and used Light Screen insted of Flamethrower. One of my attacks did less damage than usual as well, but the end result was that I had almost no health and Sunny Day was over. Torkoal came out and I spammed Super Potions, got up some X Defends and X Attacks, and once he -6'd his own Special Attack with Overheat, we had a slapping fight with Body Slam vs. Struggle. I won.
-Went to Petalburg, and fought just enough of the rooms to get to Norman. Poisoned + Super Potion stall took care of his Slakings.
-Got Surf. I only just got Cut a bit before this, I had forgotten where to get it.
-Surfed east of Mauville, and went north on the route there.
-Beat every trainer on the route, except one dumb trainer with a Shroomish that I couldn't beat because of Leech Seed.
-Saved the Weather Institute. Not having played Gen 3 for a while before this run, I figured I could just run to Fortree before saving. But no, I had to fight May and I lost. I went and wasted all my PP so I could kill her Shroomish faster, only to see that her Shroomish decided not to use Leech Seed and let me win pretty much.
-Got to Fortree. After going and getting the Devon Scope from Steven, I ran from the Kecleon and entered the gym. As usual, all of the gym trainers that aren't the leader lost easily.
-Since the gym leader was fairly strong, I ignored her for now, and beat every trainer between there and Lilycove except for a double battle.
-Fought May in Lilycove after talking to almost everyone else. Since she sent Shroomish out last, she was fairly easy this time.
-Stocked up at the department store, and went back to Fortree.
-Since Winona has a Skarmory, I wasted all my PP. After 2 X Attacks and Defends, her team lost rather easily for a supereffective gym.
-Went to Mt. Pyre and beat almost all the trainers inside.
-Beat the Aqua guys on top, and went back to Lilycove.
-Flew to Slateport and talked to Captain Stern. I thought I had to do that to make the Wailmers move, and I thought they were blocking the Aqua base.
-Entered the Aqua base. I'm kinda surprised at how small it is compared to the various Rocket hideouts in Gens 1 and 2.
-Got the Master Ball, and beat the Admin (he was a joke).
-Surfed east to Mossdeep, and beat the trainers in the gym other than the leaders.
-Went and caught a level 5 Magikarp, flew back to Mossdeep, and put everyone in the PC except Magikarp and Weedle. Magikarp's purpose is to use Splash during the leader battle (since it's a double battle and I have to have 2 guys) so that Weedle is the only one contributing anything except that Magikarp takes one hit for Weedle.
-However, this is the gym where I have to fight two pokemon at once, and both are supereffective against me. I'm probably going to have to grind to beat this. Right now, Weedle is level 58.

I also have screenshots of each gym leader victory so far, and a few other important battles, but since I play on an actual GBA I had to take them with my 3DS and a DSi so I'll post them once I upload them off of there.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 2
  • Continued my way towards Vermilion City
  • Traded Spearow for Farfetch'd
  • Boarded the SS Anne to get the HM Cut, Perry evolved.
  • Thaught Farfetch'd Cut
  • Did a little backtracking and went to get some items in Pewter City (ex.: Old Amber)
  • Took on Lt. Surge and beat him at the first try (He should be the hardest one with Perry, but he was the easiest 'till now)
  • Battled my way through Route 9 and reached the Rock Tunnel
  • Took on the Rock Tunnel too and with Perry at Lv. 42-43 that was a breeze. I didn't even need potions or anything like that. I was only in danger of running out of PP, so I stopped battling every wild Pokémon I ran in to.
  • Once in Lavender Town I defeated Gary in the Pokémon Tower and I went on to Celadon City
  • Defeated Erika. OHKO'd two of her Pokémon, that stupid Vileplume stayed alive with only 5 HP.

Team:
55.png

Perry the Naive Golduck @ Lv. 48
Ability: Cloud Nine
Confusion
Scratch
Screech
Water Pulse

7.png

Squirtle
HM Slave

83.png

Farfetch'd
HM Slave
Cut

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years

I do agree with it, which is why I'm doing this with an NFE pokemon, and that makes it pretty hard.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Name: Lightburb
Game: Ruby
Pokemon: Ponyta
Ultimate: No

Day 1
Spoiler:

Vulcan the Adamant / Ponyta / L.28 / ♂
78 HP / 61 Attack / 41 Defense / 44 SP. Atk / 47 SP. Def. / 63 Speed
- Fire Spin
- Stomp
- Tail Whip
- Ember

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: Kobora
Game: LeafGreen, Crystal, Emerald, *insert Gen 4 game here*, White
Pokemon: Furret, Jumpluff, and Vaporeon
Ultimate: Yes...mostly. Not sure where to get a Gen 4 rom and emulator, though.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 3
  • Went to the Rocket Hideout and cleared it.
  • Raced back to Lavender Town to finally take on the Pokémon Tower. I got the PokéFlute and sent Snorlax back to the mountains.
  • Went through Route 12, 13, 14 and 15 and arrived at Fuschia City
  • Got HM 03 in the Safari Zone and found the Warden's Golden Teeth and got HM 04 from him.
  • Defeated Koga fairly easy @ Lv. 59.
  • Cleared the Silph Co. building and defeated Gary in the progress. Giovanni still couldn't win against the awesomeness that is Perry.
  • Took on Sabrina and defeated her.

Team:
55.png

Perry the Naive Golduck @ Lv. 70
Ability: Cloud Nine
Confusion
Scratch
Hydro Pump
Water Pulse

7.png

Squirtle
HM Slave
Surf
Strength

83.png

Farfetch'd
HM Slave
Cut
Fly

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
i'm starting an ultimate solo challenge with squirtle/wartortle/blastoise (no nickname i couldn't think of a good one, and i personally like the name blastoise) |
games firered, crystal, emerald, platinum, and black

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back