• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
To be honest... I don't even know sometimes. There is some attraction to men, but then I think it's just psychological to fill in the void of feeling disconnected from my own gender. But, then again... the thought of the female body parts... just seems so foreign @-@ And I've never really ever been sexually attracted to the physical features of a woman... while I have of men. Nyeh. In the long run though... I'm gonna go after what the heart wants. I want a stable family more than anything and a relationship run on want the body wants imo doesn't seem like it'd work for what I want.

I've never really been able to believe in a solely physical relationship. I'm too suspicious.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well the relationship you have would in no way be solely physical, however there's no denying that physical attraction is an important part of it. If you're not attracted to women and you are attracted to men, then it seems like you have issues you need to overcome so that you can be happy. Because just like a relationship based on only the physical would be doomed from the start, a romantic and loving relationship that has no basis in the physical whatsoever would be equally unsuccessful.

Basically what I'm saying is if you are gay and enter into a relationship with a woman because you feel it can be more stable, then in the end it won't be. It will take some work to deal with the problems you have with men, but ultimately the person who you end up with is going to want all of you, and giving them anything less than that will make them unhappy and then you by extension. I want you to be happy, so just think on that :)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
That last line >.< It scares me ;.; It's the many times that I've heard that. Not you personally.

And I have taken that in to consideration. Which is why I've been leaning towards becoming attracted to women. I have a girlfriend of whom I love very much. She's supportive and doesn't mind that I'm not the straightest man out there. If anything right now... I'm working towards supporting what the heart ones. Although if I ever did manage to fall in love with a man, then I'd just as equally work to supporting that too. I try to keep myself open, but still there's that trauma lingering.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Snow Phoenix, you are exactly right when you say you need to support what your heart wants. Generally speaking, if your heart is telling you "Go for it," then that's what's gonna make you the happiest. If it feels right, don't worry about what other people are gonna say about what you do; just do it. I know what you mean about the trauma lingering, but once you put that trauma aside and just go for what you think is right, you'll be amazed how great it makes you feel.

Years
On the subject of parents who send their kids to "reform" camps: they might have good intentions. They might not. However, they should be able to see the consequences of their actions. They have the capacity to look beyond their intentions and see the reality, which is that these camps don't actually change gay people and, moreover, there is nothing wrong that needs changing.

Because just like a relationship based on only the physical would be doomed from the start, a romantic and loving relationship that has no basis in the physical whatsoever would be equally unsuccessful.
I wouldn't say this is necessarily true. It all depends on the people involved and what they're looking for. A physical relationship might not be as likely to become a long term relationship, but if neither person is looking for that then could still have a successful relationship.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I'd like to see proof of that. I highly doubt all homosexuals are able to change. I've seen situations where the person feels guilty and wants to change, but still can't. I HIGHLY doubt they can change if they were born that way.

"they are ignorant to the truth that it can't be changed" *fixed*

I am pretty sure you could tell what I meant in context however. Next time quote the whole thing so it is not taken out of context.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
On the subject of parents who send their kids to "reform" camps: they might have good intentions. They might not. However, they should be able to see the consequences of their actions. They have the capacity to look beyond their intentions and see the reality, which is that these camps don't actually change gay people and, moreover, there is nothing wrong that needs changing.

I wouldn't say this is necessarily true. It all depends on the people involved and what they're looking for. A physical relationship might not be as likely to become a long term relationship, but if neither person is looking for that then could still have a successful relationship.

To each his own, I suppose. I was told that same thing once before, but it's still hard for me to accept. It just seems too artificial and unfullfilling. Then again it's between those persons and none of my buisness :3 I can respect an individuals own choice.

And thank you deoxy <3 That means a lot. Well I probably tend to over romanticize things, but I still appreciated it. I hope that eventually I'll come to terms with things.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
On the topic of reform camps:

I personally would not send my child to one, but I also cannot meddle in the affairs of other families who choose to do so.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

I personally would not send my child to one, but I also cannot meddle in the affairs of other families who choose to do so.

I think that a person has every right to go to the camp; however, I believe that the teen/young adult/adult must do so voluntarily. Sure a parent can make life threatening surgery or mental health therapies mandatory for their children. As far as the ex-gay camps go, their therapies are not recommended by the the American Psychiatrist's Association, and therefore should not be involuntary. A psychiatrist discussing some deep-seeded issues involving sexuality with a patient that has been greatly affected by their sexual identity, may be a more suitable option, and may be necessary for LGBT children whom develop suicidal thoughts or anti-social disorders as a result of their sexuality.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

So if you were in the situation where you had the power to stop somebody going into one of these camps where they would be bastardized and mentally/emotionally abused and Bible-bashed into what ultimately will not work and further scar them, you would not use that power?

In this world there is such thing as right and wrong. Not every little thing can be brushed away under the argument that it's a parent's right to do whatever they want to their child according to their beliefs.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Rights and wrongs can differ among people. Most of it comes from upbringing, but that does not give the parents the right to force morals when their child is old enough to know better. It pisses me off that parents think they can still shove false moral crap down their children's throats when their children have differing opinions. Camps are proof that some parents still think they can control their children's beliefs.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Rights and wrongs can differ among people. Most of it comes from upbringing, but that does not give the parents the right to force morals when their child is old enough to know better. It pisses me off that parents think they can still shove false moral crap down their children's throats when their children have differing opinions. Camps are proof that some parents still think they can control their children's beliefs.

Ah. Thanks for reminding me of my mom -.- The way I was "raised" was pretty much to loath my mom. But... that's not really important.

To be honest... isn't it just a cycle? Those parents were once children themselves and it was how they were raised. While I do agree that it's wrong to force those different ideals down someone's throat, I also believe in understanding. That's why I can't really blame them. I just feel sorry and in times like that... it's just best to support whomever needs it. One of my English teachers, for instance, was extremely homophobic, but through a bit of understanding... we were able to assuage her fears and now she's perfectly fine with homosexuals <3

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Although the typical family is has straight parents, would you see yourself having a family and raising children (adopted or not, doesn't matter)? Or do you think that you will most likely just find a soul mate? Or do you see yourself single, with open relationships?

From my experience, it's about equally in all categories among gay guys I know; the younger ones tend to pick option 3 more, and the more mature ones are divided by the options 1 and 2. But for me, I see myself with a husband and two kids.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Although the typical family is has straight parents, would you see yourself having a family and raising children (adopted or not, doesn't matter)? Or do you think that you will most likely just find a soul mate? Or do you see yourself single, with open relationships?

I see myself as being the male equivalent of a cat lady. I have multiple reasons for believing this.
1. Cats are freaking awesome.
2. I don't like people and have no desire to be in a relationship (emotionally) with someone.

so..yay me.

I figured I can start post gay news again since someone else isn't.

I find it funny how a bunch of highly religious Catholic nations are more progressive than a secular United States who claims to be the most free country on the planet. :3

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I know I dont want kids under any circumstances. I believe most people probably dont find their soul-mates upon entering their first relationship, though if I could garuntee I would find a soul-mate, I would choose the 2nd option. I dont think I have the kind of self-esteem or confidence where I could handle an open relationship.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There's a definite no to me having children. Children just don't fit into the lifestyle I love and have planned, whether with a partner or single.

I also wouldn't be able to handle open relationships. I have major problems with jealousy that stems from low self-esteem.

Years
I don't intend to raise children. I would be a bad parent.

I find it funny how a bunch of highly religious Catholic nations are more progressive than a secular United States who claims to be the most free country on the planet. :3
And at the same time you have places like Ghana and Zimbabwe where they're making it a crime/disease to be gay. It's like some places are moving forward, but some places are moving backward. You'd think that, generally, things would just get better overall. Maybe slowly in some parts of the world, but at least not backsliding like this.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I don't intend to raise children. I would be a bad parent.

And at the same time you have places like Ghana and Zimbabwe where they're making it a crime/disease to be gay. It's like some places are moving forward, but some places are moving backward. You'd think that, generally, things would just get better overall. Maybe slowly in some parts of the world, but at least not backsliding like this.

In a lot of places there is growing opposition to those laws. Many places with laws like that, they are old laws that are decades, maybe even more than a century in some places.

The world collectively is moving forward. The only place that I can think of that actually has a growing opposition towards civil liberties is Uganda. In other places it's growing in favor of us.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, there are already several countries that have a death penalty for being homosexual.

Nearly every country in Africa/The Middle East have some sort of criminal penalty for being Gay.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
So if you were in the situation where you had the power to stop somebody going into one of these camps where they would be bastardized and mentally/emotionally abused and Bible-bashed into what ultimately will not work and further scar them, you would not use that power?

In this world there is such thing as right and wrong. Not every little thing can be brushed away under the argument that it's a parent's right to do whatever they want to their child according to their beliefs.

I'm somewhat of a moral skeptic and I'm also a libetarian. I believe that unless therenis a general consensus among socitey, there is not right and wron. There are only opinions. Thus, I wouldn't be meddling in a parent's affiars with their children just like I wouldn't appreciate someone meddling in mine.

Back