• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2020
So i got a couple of questions .

U said in one post something about Dark Rising 2.0 and something about 1.50 so my question is about 1.50 should i wait for it ? Will it add new things to the current game ? Should i wait it or should i start now?

Next to the other question . Pokemon move set learning is from generation 5 i guess can u clarify about that ?

Also

What this means DW Abilities (Yes that includes the overused fan favorites of Drizzle Poliwag, Drought Vulpix, & Speed Boost Torchic.)

I think that sums it up i hope i didnt annoy you .

Last edited:

ChibiAsh

The Lepreon
Years
  • Age 32
  • US
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Started playing this, but it glitches when you try to go back and train...I have had to battle Zachary, and Ivan three times already (after I'd already won), considering Zachary was pretty much pure luck for me, this is really frustrating that I'm in Mystic Falls and can't go level up anything

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
I'm really enjoying the hack.
I was surprised when I caught a charmander and it had an exp share on it. It was interesting to say the least.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
So i got a couple of questions .

U said in one post something about Dark Rising 2.0 and something about 1.50 so my question is about 1.50 should i wait for it ? Will it add new things to the current game ? Should i wait it or should i start now?

Next to the other question . Pokemon move set learning is from generation 5 i guess can u clarify about that ?

Also

What this means DW Abilities (Yes that includes the overused fan favorites of Drizzle Poliwag, Drought Vulpix, & Speed Boost Torchic.)

I think that sums it up i hope i didnt annoy you .

No Problem ^.^

But No, you don't have to wait to play. 1.5 will be a very long time and it's only a graphic update with better tiles and 3 extra events. As for the gen 5 moves and DW(DreamWorld) abilities Pokemon have, you can go to serebii.net and view each Pokemon's individual DW abilities and moves.

Years
Hi. I'm using a blackberry to download games but I can't open this file as it is .rar n I really wanna play dis game. It seems awesome! Is there any way I can download this or do u have this file that is mobile compatible? Any help would be appreciated.
You have to use the function of WinZip through your PC to get the IPS file from it. It is the only way

I really do enjoy playing this hack, but it is just getting too difficult for me. I noticed a sudden spike in difficulty when I first fought Brock (and then my rival straight after!) and have pretty much been able to deal with it by grinding lots. I had to defeat Light's Tyranitar by paralyzing, and using save states so it would never hit me XD. Anyway, overpowered opponents wouldn't be a problem if everything was updated similarly - I notice the levels in the wild have been raised but not nearly enough. Also, the marts still have their regular stock so no hyper potions when fighting Light beneath Salem. I'm now fighting Kyurem B and W to the west of Salem but I simply cannot land a hit - I always get sweeped straight off the bat and it just takes too long to grind on level 20's. Although maybe I'm playing an older version because they're level 70 but they're only 55 in the screenshots. Anyways, thanks for a great, finished, hack and a great challenge - even if it is a little too challenging for me XD
The game is intentionally hard that way but you can overcome your obstacles by training your team using VS Seeker

I'm really enjoying the hack.
I was surprised when I caught a charmander and it had an exp share on it. It was interesting to say the least.
There is an Exp. Share attached with every starter you can get in Dark Rising not only Charmander

Also DrG I am currently training my team in Rosarie Graveyard due to my newly caught Spheal. As soon as I enter Frost Dungeon to heal my team from that NPC and get out I get teleported outside Amarie's Mansion. Also really missing Lucky Egg this time. How far is it from now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Hey DarkRisingGirl!
Thanks and Congratulations for this hack. It's the best one i have ever played.
I'm nearly at the Champ and I think I have a very good team.
Its Metagross(Nickname: Zynemash) lv87
Rhyperior(N: Ballista) lv89
Electivire(N: Magnestair) lv89
Gyarados(N: Gyarage) lv92
Hydreigon(N: Thredron) lv100
and last but not least:
Dragonite(N: Ahzicane) lv100

I hope Dark Rising 2 is coming soon and it was a lot of fun!!
Greetings, Yusuto

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
You have to use the function of WinZip through your PC to get the IPS file from it. It is the only way

The game is intentionally hard that way but you can overcome your obstacles by training your team using VS Seeker

There is an Exp. Share attached with every starter you can get in Dark Rising not only Charmander

Also DrG I am currently training my team in Rosarie Graveyard due to my newly caught Spheal. As soon as I enter Frost Dungeon to heal my team from that NPC and get out I get teleported outside Amarie's Mansion. Also really missing Lucky Egg this time. How far is it from now?

Um...lol I have no idea where I put the Lucky Egg. I'll look into it. But thanks for letting me know about that warp issue in the Dungeon. I'll have that fixed when I release the update with the old move descriptions removed.

Where should I go next after getting HM waterfall in Frozen Dungeon?

From Frozen Dungeon you go into Kyurem's Den. After that event, you exit to reach Iceland City.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Hi i like this hack rom so much!
but i've got a problem with the scripts :'( for example when you talk with the old man who want to fight with you because he think that you are not the one who can beat Darugis,after you beat him,if you go in the road where he was the script start again,and this happen with other scripts for example when prof ivan want to fight in the cave or when the old man gave you victini,i hope you can help me to fix this.
P.S. sorry if my english is not so good,i hope you can understand it XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2014
I'm actually stuck at Pinnocle town, where theres some fat dude and a policeman blocking the path when I try to return to Lax town. Is there another quest I have to do to progress from that area? (I already defeated Light in the factory)

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Sigh.. It has been a long time. Just finished my exams. :D And DRG, where is the separate thread for DR. 2? Have I missed it? XD

Anyways, on to the topic:

That is my problem, I don't know how to go there. Is it inside Frozen Dungeon or I have to go back to the previous city?

It is inside the Frozen Dungeon, keep looking.

Hey DarkRisingGirl!
Thanks and Congratulations for this hack. It's the best one i have ever played.
I'm nearly at the Champ and I think I have a very good team.
Its Metagross(Nickname: Zynemash) lv87
Rhyperior(N: Ballista) lv89
Electivire(N: Magnestair) lv89
Gyarados(N: Gyarage) lv92
Hydreigon(N: Thredron) lv100
and last but not least:
Dragonite(N: Ahzicane) lv100

I hope Dark Rising 2 is coming soon and it was a lot of fun!!
Greetings, Yusuto
Gee, go for it.. But, Having pokemon from the high 80s-100s is not enough. Though you have a fair share of Pseudo-Legendaries.
I'm actually stuck at Pinnocle town, where theres some fat dude and a policeman blocking the path when I try to return to Lax town. Is there another quest I have to do to progress from that area? (I already defeated Light in the factory)

That's a bug. I experienced that too.. Do you have fly? You could fly back you know. If I'm not mistaken, the only event in Pinnocle Town that's important is the one that you go into their secret hideout. Soo.. Move on if ya can.

but i've got a problem with the scripts :'( for example when you talk with the old man who want to fight with you because he think that you are not the one who can beat Darugis,after you beat him,if you go in the road where he was the script start again,and this happen with other scripts for example when prof ivan want to fight in the cave or when the old man gave you victini,i hope you can help me to fix this.

Hmm.. Still unfixed.. That still may be helpful for some EXP boosts ya know. :D

*sigh* I haven't played another hack since DR 1. SkyLine is taking too long for updates.. So I'm waiting for DR 2. More power!!!

PS: Lucky Egg? O.o The EXP adding thing right?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years

If you defeated Light at the factory, you can fly to the DarkRising HQ, talk to Florina, and the events will continue. Not sure why the fat guy didn't stay gone, I'll look into it. For now, just use fly to return to Pax Town if you want to go back there.

I'm still fixing those repeated event problems, Don't worry. ^.^

That is my problem, I don't know how to go there. Is it inside Frozen Dungeon or I have to go back to the previous city?

Yea, it's in Frozen Dungeon. Try walking along the path up between the waterfall. Download the latest updated rom if you can't walk the path that's between the waterfall.

HEY EVERYONE

As promised, here is another update on Dark Rising 1.5
This time we're seeing new indoor tiles:

ebc0n9.png

ALSO
An updated rom has now been posted. This update includes 2 important changes:
1. The descriptions for the older moves are now removed & the new moves have their correct descriptions.
2. Three new NPCs have been added to Iceland City. One of them tells you what's goin on in the city, another is a funny kid who mentions tv shows, and the last one is the important one; He says "I LOVE LUCKY EGGs". Next to him is a box with unlimited Lucky Eggs! So for those who have been having trouble leveling up, this should help abit. Enjoy! ^.^

EDIT: The updated rom Now adds a small cave entrance in Pinnocle City that leads you back to the Dark Rising HQ for those of you who are having trouble returning back after defeating Light in the factory. Also, Galvantula's base exp has now been fixed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2014
If you defeated Light at the factory, you can fly to the DarkRising HQ, talk to Florina, and the events will continue. Not sure why the fat guy didn't stay gone, I'll look into it. For now, just use fly to return to Pax Town if you want to go back there.

Actually, it seems that I am unable to use the HM fly yet :l this is weird

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi. I'm using a blackberry to download games but I can't open this file as it is .rar n I really wanna play dis game. It seems awesome! Is there any way I can download this or do u have this file that is mobile compatible? Any help would be appreciated.
No, rar files are not compatible with mobile devices.

Actually... WinZip won't help you as it's so outdated it doesn't recognize rars...

Rar files can be extracted either by using WinRAR or 7zip.

PS: Lucky Egg? O.o The EXP adding thing right?
No, the most important item of the game =D

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I've been showing my friends screenshots of this game and I think they're tired of being tormented by them, so I'm going to post a few here.

1D22T.png

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but Pikachu is missing its head.

S4AMs.png
7N2Ta.png

I'm guessing English isn't your first language, so you should probably get someone to look over your work- it's very painful to read as it constantly capitalizes arbitrary words that have no reason to be capitalized.

tglyX.png

This has also probably been pointed out, but stepping adjacent to this door makes the game lock up.

SgQy6.png

Roofs are not meant for stepping on like that. Also, in this context the word crush should not be capitalized.

dLzp4.png

There's a tile error here. Not too hard to find seeing as it's in the starting town.

PhAaW.png

However nice these grass tiles may look normally, they look *very bad* when the player is walking through them.

DMtOa.png

Considering that this battle comes with no warning in the first area before you have Pokeballs, it should probably be toned down- that damage was from a single Weather Ball at full HP.

m1wwn.png

I got lucky with the RNG so this battle wasn't as difficult but I still think it's rather silly to demand the player to defeat level 12s with Intimidate before getting Pokeballs, to say nothing of the fact that you gave the Axew line Intimidate...

N4c4y.png
lM7Sd.png

This is about as nonsensical as it gets for an area transition. Who sets up shop in a cave?

Ae2oi.png
HXiVJ.png
mIgvb.png

Every part of this encounter is soul-crushingly awful- the protagonist being railroaded into being an idiot with badly written dialogue is one thing, but then having a tutorial advise the player to use "strategy" in the face of a railroaded level 50 battle is insulting. Up to this point there have been zero opportunities to use any strategy whatsoever, as the player is not able to catch any other Pokemon, acquire any renewable items, or use moves other than Sand-Attack, Tackle, and Bite. The fact that the protagonist is both the tall opposite of silent and an idiot does not help.

xRzYZ.png
GIO65.png

I really don't have much motivation to play beyond this point, other than to continue poking holes in it- the writing is painful to read, the maps are a mess, and the game itself looks to be an poorly balanced and actively hostile grind.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey darkrising girl! Thanks for the great hack and what lvl does larvesta evolve in this hack?

You welcome, It evolves at Lv50 ^.^

I've been showing my friends screenshots of this game and I think they're tired of being tormented by them, so I'm going to post a few here.

1D22T.png

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but Pikachu is missing its head.

S4AMs.png
7N2Ta.png

I'm guessing English isn't your first language, so you should probably get someone to look over your work- it's very painful to read as it constantly capitalizes arbitrary words that have no reason to be capitalized.

tglyX.png

This has also probably been pointed out, but stepping adjacent to this door makes the game lock up.

SgQy6.png

Roofs are not meant for stepping on like that. Also, in this context the word crush should not be capitalized.

dLzp4.png

There's a tile error here. Not too hard to find seeing as it's in the starting town.

PhAaW.png

However nice these grass tiles may look normally, they look *very bad* when the player is walking through them.

DMtOa.png

Considering that this battle comes with no warning in the first area before you have Pokeballs, it should probably be toned down- that damage was from a single Weather Ball at full HP.

m1wwn.png

I got lucky with the RNG so this battle wasn't as difficult but I still think it's rather silly to demand the player to defeat level 12s with Intimidate before getting Pokeballs, to say nothing of the fact that you gave the Axew line Intimidate...

N4c4y.png
lM7Sd.png

This is about as nonsensical as it gets for an area transition. Who sets up shop in a cave?

Ae2oi.png
HXiVJ.png
mIgvb.png

Every part of this encounter is soul-crushingly awful- the protagonist being railroaded into being an idiot with badly written dialogue is one thing, but then having a tutorial advise the player to use "strategy" in the face of a railroaded level 50 battle is insulting. Up to this point there have been zero opportunities to use any strategy whatsoever, as the player is not able to catch any other Pokemon, acquire any renewable items, or use moves other than Sand-Attack, Tackle, and Bite. The fact that the protagonist is both the tall opposite of silent and an idiot does not help.

xRzYZ.png
GIO65.png

I really don't have much motivation to play beyond this point, other than to continue poking holes in it- the writing is painful to read, the maps are a mess, and the game itself looks to be an poorly balanced and actively hostile grind.

Thanks for your criticism & feedback ^.^ However, I must point out a few things you mentioned. English is in my first lanuage, however, my scripter is the person who scripted the first half of the hack and I'm not too sure if his first lanuage is english. So the spelling errors is to be expected. As for the shop in the cave, it's meant to be an underground package company that sends goods from one region to another. That's why you can't buy basic items from it because it's not a mart lol. As for the Tornadus battle(You're actually the FIRST person to ever complain about it lol), the protagonist at that point feels he/she is capable of holding his/her own in a battle against anybody. I mean, after winning a few battles after just receiving your Pokemon, a person may possibly feel excited and way over his/her head. So walking into a battle like that can happen.
From what you posted, it's understandable if you don't continue to play. I appreciate the feedback and receiving criticism like this is new to me since...well...Everybody else loves the hack except you and a very small percentage of people lol. The ratio of ppl who enjoy and love the hack to those who don't is my most concern & since the majority feels it's a great hack, it's all I need to continue the trilogy. But thank you though! ^.^

Back