• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Pokemon for you to catch in FRLG?

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
definitely Tauros :S

i didnt spend much time on Chansey, Kangaskhan or dratini.
legends were children play, i just paralyzed them all and were asy catch lol

Pinta77

I want to say Mewtwo, although Moltres seemed inexplicably hard to catch. I never even ended up catching Suicune though, so Suicune would have been the hardest for me since I used the Master Ball on Moltres.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Mewtwo, or Articuno. I used my Masterball on an Arbok, even though I was completely capable of reading and quite smart, I thought the game must of been kidding, saying I could catch any Pokemon without fail. Never encountered Raikou/Suicune or Entei. Chansey and Scyther were just crap. Looked for hours and finally found 3 Scyther. but only caught one. Oh yeah, I was 6 when I got it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The Legendary Birds were surpriseingly hard to catch in that game. I don't know why. I don't remember Mewtwo battle much in FR,but I caught mewtwo in 3 tries with 2 ultras and a moon ball. Ended up catching it with a moon ball complete accident in HG

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
mewtwo took me 2 hours and a billion resets and a ton of ultra balls. Possibly zapados also but it seemed really easy to catch the birds

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
I think the Safari Zone pokemon were pretty hard to catch since they'd flee and you couldn't get their HP down. I think Chansey is probably the hardest to catch.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Definitely Goddamn Mewtwo, I spent about 3-4 hours on it, at least the frustration came with a satisfying result, that being about a day later it got Pokérus.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Mewtwo, took forever to find, then eve longer to catch

Back