• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2008
This hack is Extremley Impressive. I love the videos and the way you mapped It. Well Done.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
when i went to the room with his friends i was transported to a place called sinister t when i walk there are invisible walls how could i get out of this place ?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
It's excellent! I love it! Just in the dessert, where the sandstorm is, there are Chikoritas and even humans!

Btw, how do you get more Pokemon if you can't catch them?

Sinister Woods in too -not original-. I'd think of something else... Like Vextra Woods (Sinistra=left, Vextra=right)

And since you are in nature, I would change Max Revives into Reviver Seeds or something... And other things that aren't in nature, too...

IT'S C00L!

<_>

I want to help you! PM me and tell me what to do!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
It's excellent! I love it! Just in the dessert, where the sandstorm is, there are Chikoritas and even humans!

Sinister Woods in too -not original-. I'd think of something else... Like Vextra Woods (Sinistra=left, Vextra=right)

And since you are in nature, I would change Max Revives into Reviver Seeds or something... And other things that aren't in nature, too...

IT'S C00L!

<_>

You can't get any more Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
i new here

hi im alex (pokemon rox) and i was wondering does a beta mean finished just need to fix some bugs? thnx

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey, call me crazy, but I got an idea which may seem interesting, and it's not hard to implement. I'll put it in a spoiler.
I haven't played the Beta, so I'm not sure of how you want that "three pokemon as one" system to work. Anyway, this is what I thought.

Spoiler:

By the way, I'm leaving this idea to be used only by DJ. Although if he doesn't want to do it, and someone else wants to think about it, then be my guest :P

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
I just played through it and I love it! I can't wait to see more of this game. You mentioned about having some kind of event to introduce new team members, I'm hoping for an event with ROSE.

Great beta, can't wait to see more of t, and good luck.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
hello
ive been playing rescue rangers. what are supposed to do after you blank out in your birthday party?
all i see is gray and a pikachu.
thanks

Years
I got done with the first beta.In the second beta can you change the hotel's outside to look smaller,because it seems too tall and wide.But I do like some new locations you put,such as Pokemon square.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, call me crazy, but I got an idea which may seem interesting, and it's not hard to implement. I'll put it in a spoiler.
I haven't played the Beta, so I'm not sure of how you want that "three pokemon as one" system to work. Anyway, this is what I thought.

Spoiler:

By the way, I'm leaving this idea to be used only by DJ. Although if he doesn't want to do it, and someone else wants to think about it, then be my guest :P

zel, if you played through the beta, then I guess you've known... But that's a really good idea, however, does that mean, Chiko+Torc+Pika in one PKMN sprite, then Chiko+Pika+Torc on another and so on..? That is indeed a good idea... But I guess I'll think over it, though, and talk to my team first. :P
But thanks for this idea, zel... ;)

when i went to the room with his friends i was transported to a place called sinister t when i walk there are invisible walls how could i get out of this place ?

I can't help you there, bud. You have to have a clean Ruby ROM... The one with the 'mugs' intro...

IT'S C00L!

<_>

Vextra Woods? I already have that in the plot outline...
But thanks, yet Sinister is still in the game...

I just played through it and I love it! I can't wait to see more of this game. You mentioned about having some kind of event to introduce new team members, I'm hoping for an event with ROSE.

Great beta, can't wait to see more of t, and good luck.

ROSE does have an event... 2, actually, the Team GreenLeaf battle and the Aerodactyl battle... The other 3 of the player's friends will also have an event. ;)

hello
ive been playing rescue rangers. what are supposed to do after you blank out in your birthday party?
all i see is gray and a pikachu.
thanks

I can't help you there, bud. You have to have a clean Ruby ROM... The one with the 'mugs' intro...

I got done with the first beta.In the second beta can you change the hotel's outside to look smaller,because it seems too tall and wide.But I do like some new locations you put,such as Pokemon square.

Yeah, sure. Why not? :D Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
@DJG: I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was actually saying that I was hoping for an event where ROSE will join the party(since obviously we won't be catching pokemon).

Once again great job on this hack.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
ah, okies... And to answer your question, yes, there will be. I ain't spoiling anything for now. :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
however, does that mean, Chiko+Torc+Pika in one PKMN sprite, then Chiko+Pika+Torc on another and so on..?

Yeah, that's the idea. I dont know how many combinations would be possible, but each combo would use a slot for a Pokemon (in the end, you've used a slot for one existing poke, or a MissingNo, for the "team Pokemon" so I guess you wouldn't have problems sacrificing others. Or maybe the missingNo.'s slots would be enough to not sacrifice anyone)

And, I'm waiting a bit for playing the Beta. I'm sure it may have a few bugs and still not too much gameplay. I'm a freak on that aspect, so that's why I'm trying to hold on :P

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'll think over it, zel... It's a very good idea, but it also has a negative side... :\
One sprite for three PKMN.., K.O.'d and all three are dead. :P

Anyways, new banners are in the first page. Look and see. ^^ Made by one of my members, ~ShadowUmbreon~...

I am currently mapping Aqua Swamp... That's all, for I don't wanna spoil much. What's in there is for you to find out! ;) Chow~~~

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Is Aqua Swamp another mission place?

btw, I noticed that it writes BOQUET FIELD. It's BOUQUET.

And the Pikachu you are is a little too big. I understand that you can't be small if you celebrate 12th birthday, but...

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Like most people are saying.. You might want to size down the Pikachu a bit, I didn't get the whole story (I downloaded the beta, But when I played, The maps were glitchy, And the Pikachu was pink o______o Bad rom perhaps) But what I've seen so far, Look like another impressing hack by you.
Can't wait to see more of this, Keep it up^^

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And, isnt that the way it's working now, anyway? :P

It's simple to make that more realistic. Just increase the stats of the "poke team" to make it stronger than one poke. Talk about "team strength", if the "team strength" is 0, team is over... It makes sense to me.
And again, it's not like always battling with one poke (team in this case) will be boring. As the leveling up while doing combinations is what'll give some excitment to the game (Man... If we only could add more than 4 attacks the idea would be even better)

Well, it's up to you. I just got interested in the concept and wanted to put some of my creativity into it :laugh:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Yeah, that's the idea. I dont know how many combinations would be possible

Hmmmm

BEHOLD, PURE MATHEMATICS TIME! COMBINATORICS!

Let n be the number of pokemon that he's going to put in teams of 3.
Since ABC != CBA (order matters) and elements can't be repeated, the number of total possible teams is variations of n elements taken in groups of 3, V(n,3)=n!/(n-3)!
Which is a large number unless n is a small number. For example, if you're putting 10 pokemon in teams, the total possible teams would be 10!/7!=10*9*8=720.

Without the "leading pokemon" thing (ABC=ACB=BAC=BCA=CAB=CBA, it'd be C(n,3)= n over 3 = n! / (3! * (n-3)!), which is a smaller number. For 10 pokemon, there'd be 10! / (3! * 7!) = (10*9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1)/(3*2*7*6*5*4*3*2*1)=(10*9*8)/(3*2)=10*3*4=120

Here's some wikipedia support
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combinatorics

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Did I screw up? xD

Somehow I found an ultraball while playing (In the second mission area...somehwere.) and caught a Bellsprout to teach it cut. But hearing that we will get three other partners through events...erm, ya. O.o So first, why was there an ultraball on the ground if we're not supposed to use it? And second, how can I get rid of the bellsprout? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back