• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-game team.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
Hey there, I was wondering if you could rate my team/give advice :)

Honchkrow:

Fly
Aerial Ace
Night Slash
Dark Pulse

Blastoise (with Blastoisinite):

Surf
Bite
Ice Beam
Hydro Beam

Gardevioir:

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Moonblast

Vileplume (with Black Sludge):

Giga Drain
Moonlight
Sleep Powder
Acid

Tyranitar:

Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Arcanine:

Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Dig
Solar Beam

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think you should consider replacing Vileplume with Breloom. You could catch one at Friend Safari. As far as its moveset goes, try Low Sweep, Mach Punch, Bullet Seed, and either Spore or Stone Edge. For EVs, go with 252 Attack, 4 HP, and put all the rest on Speed. Its item would depend on its last move. If you go with Spore, then you should make it hold Life Orb. If Stone Edge, then it'd be wise to use Choice Band. :] Hope this helps!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Blastoise can learn Dark Pulse by TM now, which also gets boosted by Mega Launcher, so it doesn't need Bite anymore. Also, Hydro Pump is terrible. You should replace it with something like Flash Cannon.

As for your Gardevoir, you should replace Hypnosis and Dream Eater with coverage moves like Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Hi!

My recommendation is, if you keep the vileplume, it can probably learn something other than acid. Do you have access to sludge bomb yet? I don't know if it is available pre-elite 4, though.

Poison is rarely an offensive type, and with the weak base power of acid--it just struck me as odd.

I also recommend ditching the fire blast-- I mean you already have flamethrower, which is better imho. If arcane can learn sunny beam, that might be useful?

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
but the thing is arcanine is mostly used as a physical attacker it can be special too but physical is much better breed close combat into him and give him flare blitz thunder fang and extremespeed note that i said thunder fang since you can't get wild charge for a while

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
Thanks for the advice everyone, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red so I guess I'm stuck in my old way way of thinking :P

Back