• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
glad to see this game is still runing i cant wiat ofr the demo. And i love your battle and irem system keep up the good work.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Your skills with Rm2k3 are awesome man, keep up the good work.

It would be nice if we could see some more Pokémons, rather than your test team. If you can showcase them to us :]

(I've this preference for Snorlax lol)

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Look's great, another great program to use for colour depth is Photoshop but if you can't get your hands on that I'm sure Irfan View works just as well. Works a charm. But yeah everything looks great.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
This won't be an issue for seasoned Pokémon players, but your Quick Item System for battle might be a little bit confusing for new players without any text saying what the items are. I have to seriously think what a Revive looks like, seeing as it's a bit weird :P

It's just a minor issue you may need to think about, it certainly LOOKS very classy. Keep up the great work! :)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
New Graphics

Ok. After almost a week of no update, or post.... I can finally show off the new graphics.
The graphics are made by Kyle Dove- so now he gets his slot in the credits.

I have always loved his graphics, and I actually started mapping Pokemon Protectors with his graphics when I started the game back in November. But then decided to get rid of them because I taught it would delay the game re-doing chipsets with those graphics.
Now, I had a change of heart. I decided to re-do the chipset of the first town with the graphics to see how it would look....
And it turned out pretty sweet.
So, I decided to remake my chipsets with his graphics. Yes, I am just going against the reason I got rid of them in the first place, but I really think the graphics give a nice feel to the game, and the strong greens in the tiles really mix well with the green message boc and battle system lol.

Since it is only the chipsets that are re-made, the map work is still the same. So I will only show a few screenshots just to showcase the graphics- and not really the mapping.

Here are some screenshots:
revampedgraphics2tx3.png

revampedgraphics3ma1.png

revampedgraphics1ps5.png

I'd love to read your comments so make sure you leave some :)

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Hay here are some other cool Kyledove tiles these fit together.Dash is right you should stick to one kind.Here is some tiles I edited and put in my hack.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm not sure if I will change the color of the buildings. Wouldn't be hard to do ofcourse, just take long lol.
I doubt I will though.
I like the contrast it gives. The game looks really nice in motion with that contrast too. There are a few ground tiles- *not in the screenshots*- that also give a contrasting feel, not in a bad way.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I like it.
I love it.

In fact, I like it so much that I'll put custom tiles in Metro too LOL
Seriously, the tileset colors are just so nice, gives a sense of peace... pretty awesome.

I'm imagining myself playing Protectors with those lovely tiles, hearing pokemonish travel songs... Awesome!

=D

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Yeah this game rock but too bad lots and lots of people are waiting for a demo, but this game is awsome, i know how hard the scrpiting is and everything so dont rush perfection, anyways, dont quit on us keep on keepin on, and someday finish it!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
This game looks great! I was wondering, are you going to relese a demo or wait until it is complete? BTW I love the battle system.

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
well its a bit crap....................................just kidding great job cant wait till its out
wonderous
astounding
marvelous
WOW
WHAT ELSE DO U WANT ME TO SAY????

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Update time.

Ok, so the first thing I done was revamp the speech at the start with Prof. Oak.
I made it a bit more tradional to the offical pokemon games. My first version of the speech was really short. Now, it's just like the real games.
I added in some pre-set names for the hero/rival (which you can see in the screenshots).

I also finished off the all of the intro events. I still have to do the event of you getting your first pokemon, but all of th storyline stuff at the start is done.
The hero and his family move region rom Kanto to Altar. They go by boat, then by Van. And when they get to the first town (Nutleaf Town), they are given a warm welcome from the people that live there. (which you can see in the rest of the screenshots).
*Intro*
selectingname1um9.png
selectingname2ze8.png

*Moving House scenes*
movingday1cy5.png
movingday2rn5.png

*Welcome to the new home*
warmwelcome1xg8.png
warmwelcome2vo6.png

Also, something I have coded which isn't in the screenshots is how NPCs (Non-playable Characters) will react to the hero.
The hero has 3 stats which effect how people in Protectors see you.
Allignment (what team you are with) will ofcourse effect them in an obvious way.
Reputation will effect what they say to you in general. The higher Rep you have, the more your known in different towns. Each rank of your Rep will have an effect on them.
And a new stat- Morality- will again, effect what they say and what they do around you.
It is really cool seeing it actually happen, but I'll try explain. If you have a high Rep, people will be more aware of you, and talk about how they read about you in the papers. But depending on your moraility- people will either love you, or hate you.
If you have a high Rep and a high Moraility (good) stat, people will actually follow you around while you are in their home town.
On the other hand, if you have a high Rep, and low Moraility(bad) people will actually run from you.
It really is fun to watch.

Your Rep Ranking is on a scale of 1-10.
Here is an example of how it works:
Rep ranking:
0- Not known at all.
1- Not known anywhere but in Nutleaf Town
2-Known in towns 1-2.
3-Known in towns 1-3 and local hero in Nutleaf
4-Known to towns 1-4.
5-Known to town 1-5. Team Admins and other trainers heard of you. Worshiped in Nutleaf (people run to you if your good, or hide if your evil).
6: Known in towns 1-6. Team grunts have heard of you. Team Admins want you on their Team.

And it goes on like that.

So what do you think.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
I've just noticed this, but it's really cool how the charters' names are in blue ^_^

The NPC features look really neat, it will certanly add depth to the game...
Is there more rep than six or is six maximum?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Awesome screenshots!

I'm in love with that little room in the boat lol It looks so... small and real.
I gotta admit that this is one of the best Rm2k3 games I've ever seen... the way you use everything available to create a Pokemon-looking game.

I really think this is going to be one of the major games around in the next few months.

~Azura.

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
Years
Yo Neo-Dragon, A couple of post back you said you're looking for people who can make you custom recources, what i wondered was, do you want a assistant coder?? Anyway,very nice game and (off topic) thanks again for the tutorial, cause now i even know how to make my own pokemon cbs XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back