The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2013 (2:52 PM). Edited March 5th, 2013 by Miss Doronjo.
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
    I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.

Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~

Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie
    Old March 5th, 2013 (3:24 PM).
    I like kitties

Nature: Lax
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
    I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.

Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~
    I would say the lack of anything else from him could either be cause he gave so much that his job as trolling us is done, or he actually is from Nintendo and is now sitting in jail for breaking the wonderful thing called an NDA.

#328 Trapinch
    Supporter Collab January 2015
    Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 5th, 2013 (3:46 PM).
    Team Player

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
      I would say the lack of anything else from him could either be cause he gave so much that his job as trolling us is done, or he actually is from Nintendo and is now sitting in jail for breaking the wonderful thing called an NDA.
      While i don't know what NDA is, i would assume he wouldn't get that long in jail for it. Also nintendo may have just fired him if he works for them. Nintendo may also have asked him to stop posting for a bit to get the fans to talk more about it, that is if this is a new marketing plan which we have seen this year their approach to advertising is different. Either way the 15th will disprove or prove him right or wrong. I think that it could go either way, some of it sounds real and some of it is questionable but who knows, maybe nintendo wanted to change the series to bring more fans to it. They may have also changed it since it is the first main 3d pokemon game and they want to change it's level of play.
      Old March 5th, 2013 (4:01 PM).
      I like kitties

Non-Disclosure Agreement, which basically means that anyone involved in the localization of the game is not permitted to openly disclose anything of the game to the world, which was basically this. Which is also why I doubt its a marketing thing from Nintendo, that would actually be grounds to null any future breachings of NDA's.

#328 Trapinch
      Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 5th, 2013 (4:11 PM).
      ► My Happy Little Pill 

On top of that, NDAs usually do have jail times attached to them, and I doubt someone would like to risk that by leaking information about a Pokémon game.
      Old March 5th, 2013 (4:34 PM).
      I like kitties

Which, as I said could be the reason why XY hasn't posted anything else. Lets say its real, he done got himself caught.

#328 Trapinch
      Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 5th, 2013 (6:14 PM).
      Team Player

Nature: Calm
        Or maybe he doesn't want anymore attention so that nintendo doesn't find who he is.
        Old March 5th, 2013 (6:18 PM).
        ► My Happy Little Pill 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
        Or maybe he doesn't want anymore attention so that nintendo doesn't find who he is.
        At this point if what he's leaking has been true it's a little too late for him =P For his sake here's hoping his leaks aren't true. Plus, I think some of the stuff he's been "leaking" has been shoddy at best, so I doubt any of it has been true anyways.
        Old March 5th, 2013 (6:22 PM). Edited March 5th, 2013 by Cyclone.
        Eye of the Storm

Quote:

I see I chose a bad time for a break. Bad Cyclone, bad Cyclone.

Where are some of these posts located?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
          While i don't know what NDA is
          Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
          Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old March 5th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
          10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
            Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.
            Old March 5th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
            ► My Happy Little Pill 

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
            Does anyone think we may have another generation mascot like Victini was for 5? You know a Pokémon we get early on upon release of these games, and has the numeral of the generation on it. Or do you think it was a one time thing?

I hope we get something next week, as this news drought is making me feel like I'm sitting next to a Groudon.
            If by numeral you mean Roman numeral, that'll be a little trickier to do seeing as 6 is VI, and there was actually two legends (Victini and Virizion) that started like that! However, I could see them having another mascot that isn't really pertinent to any story line thrown in there again like Victini was. And let's be honest: Victini was adorable, so if they made another cute one I'd be perfectly fine with that =P
            Old March 6th, 2013 (4:24 AM).
            My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post

I'm sure we will get another Victini or Mew-like Pokémon. They need something to star in the movies after all.
            Old March 6th, 2013 (4:36 AM).
            I like kitties

Hopefully its not another 000 Pokemon considering how it felt more of a one and done deal.

#328 Trapinch
            Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 6th, 2013 (4:38 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
            Hopefully its not another 000 Pokemon considering how it felt more of a one and done deal.
            I wouldn't be surprised if we got another #000, I guess it helps the game glitch less if someone hacks Pokémon #000. (not that you can hack a 3DS game atm or anything)
            Old March 6th, 2013 (4:42 AM).

Nature: Serious
              Having another #000 is weird.
              To be honest it sucks.
              Old March 6th, 2013 (4:44 AM).

I didn't really like it either, it just confuses people really.
              Old March 6th, 2013 (5:37 AM).
              Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
                I didn't really like it either, it just confuses people really.
                It gave the impression of Victini being the predecessor of all Pokémon in Unova. There's nothing confusing about it, whatsoever, unless you're poking through organizing the National Dex and sticking it after Arceus in Sinnoh. I thought it might belong at the end, but after thinking about it, I like where they put it here.

Doi we need another 000? No. But if they want someone to be the predecessor again, it makes sense. Arceus should have been an 000.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old March 6th, 2013 (7:33 AM).
                used Sacred Fire!

Nature: Bold
                Um, there's no need for another 000 given that it's already taken and having two in that spot would make no sense whatever imo. :(

so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
                Spinoffs and Clubhouse Moderator

... make your dreams come true :heart:

Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

Old March 6th, 2013 (7:37 AM).
                Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
                  I was thinking that maybe they will go down the 000 road because this new region is isolated, so... I dunno, it'd make sense to me. But yes, I do wonder what the cute legendary will look like. I do wonder what the trio legendaries look like as well!

Hawthorne Guardian
                  Moderator of Video Games
                  Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                  Sylvie
                  Old March 6th, 2013 (10:58 AM).
                  I like kitties

Well last year we got deers and Kami's so anything is honestly available. I personally want legendary sharks, and have em go all out with the typings and what not.

#328 Trapinch
                  Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 6th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
                  just a guy

Quote:
                  I was thinking that maybe they will go down the 000 road because this new region is isolated, so... I dunno, it'd make sense to me. But yes, I do wonder what the cute legendary will look like. I do wonder what the trio legendaries look like as well!
                  I don't think Victini was listed as #000 because Unova was the first region detached from the location of the first four, but because Gen V was to be considered a "reboot" of the franchise and GameFreak decided to be creative and officially create Pokémon #000 that wasn't Missingo. So it made sense for them to create a Pokémon listed as #000 for what was to be a new beginning for the series.

I'm doubtful that they'll do it again though, at least for this generation anyway.
                  Old March 6th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

Come to think about it Victini being 000 may have another reason than simply to bring victory to those who own it. Perhaps it also symbolizes how Victini isn't native to Unova but to another region, maybe this new region because as mentioned before France made the Statue to Liberty and gave it to America as a present, perhaps the Lighthouse in Unova is like that and the people of this region put Victini in it to keep it safe. Maybe we can get more Victini background as I was curious as to who the person was who put it there.
                    Old March 6th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
                    I like kitties

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
                    I don't think Victini was listed as #000 because Unova was the first region detached from the location of the first four, but because Gen V was to be considered a "reboot" of the franchise and GameFreak decided to be creative and officially create Pokémon #000 that wasn't Missingo. So it made sense for them to create a Pokémon listed as #000 for what was to be a new beginning for the series.

I'm doubtful that they'll do it again though, at least for this generation anyway.
                    Exactly. Victini's numbering was wholly a move due to the reboot feeling GF wanted to give BW. If we ever get one again it would be much more down the line perhaps even after generation 10. Speaking of numbering, I wouldn't mind if GF offered a 3rd dex option labelled new world or such, with the numbering continuing from Unova's original 156.

#328 Trapinch
                    Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 6th, 2013 (11:42 AM).

It could be totally possible tat Victini isn't Unova native. After all, if you look at Corphish's Pokédex entries for R/S/E, it mentions that it is not a Hoenn native Pokémon, but rather a pest. I don't see why they couldn't have done that again.
                    Old March 6th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
                    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

I think that the National Pokedex should be changed to International unless this new region is also part of the Pokemon Nation that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh belong to. Apperantly in Pokemon Pokejapan conquered America in WWII...

Quick Reply