• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Levina sat on top of Snype again. He was figuring that she enjoyed doing that to him. He have his usual grin up to her. "Kehehe. Sure. Hey I got feet. Whats a couple of endless tunnels gonna do?" He said, looking up to Levina. He thought about a few possible ways to get out. Blasting out would be a bad idea though...

"If we try to blow up everything to get out of here it might risk another flood. I'd say look for the tunnel that just got flooded. It'll probobly be a bit wet so if we find it we can just retrace our steps. Maybe we can find our way back to the fortress we were at and find the way we came in from." Snype said. He looked to Levina again and gave a smirk. He could still play his little game while they found a way out. Nobody was watching after all.

"Kehe, watch for dust though. I'd hate to see you do something cute like sneeze." He teased

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum - Cape City

There was a brief flash of light as Penance and Adam ended up in the city once more. The quarter they were in was abandoned though there were bodies here and there. Penance glanced about, "Adam, have burial plan c in effect. We'll retrieve the bodies down below later today. Also gather the psychics, get ready for my signal. Now that we know how to bring one down... we should be able to do it successfully yet again."

Adam nodded, "I'll get on it Penance, be careful."

Penance just chuckled, "Get going my friend, we need to start on the procedures as soon as we can." As the Golduck headed off the Alakazam ported away. Penance had a Water Pulse ready in each hand as he ran along, see Ancients' corpses all over the place. At least everyone was efficient. Not that much damage to the buildings, but plenty of blood was spilled. The Golduck just kept heading forward, glancing about to make sure he wasn't snuck up on. He could hear the sounds of battle getting louder and louder. He turned about the corner and saw some of his Afiliates deep in the thick of battle still. He saw that his Affiliates were keeping up the moral as whenever a flag bearer fell, another quickly picked up the flag to cheer on the soldiers.

Penance threw out his two Water Pulses though at the sight of Penance the Affilates let out loud cheers. "Forward! Forward for the defense of Valkaria!" He shouted out as he threw out more Water Pulses. Among the fighting he could see a glint of gold and smirked as he grabbed hold of an Ancient and threw it off to the side. "Zane! Another plan!" He shouted as he headed over and threw some more Water Pulses. "Zane, when the time comes you're coming again, another Sentinel this time!" He shouted over the noise of the fighting.

"Where are the others? We need to get situated! The time will be soon enough!"

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~

"We have to stop him!"

Hanso froze for a moment, then cursed. "What now?" he muttered, wondering what Sovereign could have done this time. Unless...the Blaziken referred to Varren. Either way, it was the Tyranitar's body, so it was Sovereign that Hanso would have to find.

Need to make sure she doesn't bleed to death, though. Crouching beside the Blaziken, Hanso lifted her with both arms, half-turning as his eyes traveled up to find one of the taller buildings. In turning, the Gallade's attention was drawn to a group of Ancients that appeared at one of the ends of the alley. I've been seen, and I don't know if they know she's Silver Tribe. No helping it now. Hanso teleported to the top of the building beside him before an Omastar's Ice Beam hit the now-empty space.

"Hey, wakey wakey." Hanso tried to make contact with the Blaziken's mind, but she was probably in no state to reply or even acknowledge him. "I'm payin' you back, gettin' ya to a healer, then you're telling me what's going on with Sovereign." The Gallade turned again and, spotting the city wall in the distance, teleported to another building closer to it. He then realized that he couldn't take Sovereign on again by himself, and it would be difficult to get into the Tyranitar's mind.

Time to find her again, maybe? Hanso 'ported to another building closer to the wall, then to the top of the wall itself. From here, he could see the bulk of the Alpha Alliance army as it fought the Ancients. Unless he was somehow mistaken, there should be healers on the field somewhere, and perhaps an area set up behind the front lines if there was time and relative safety. Hanso didn't know where Brynn was at this point, and it would take longer than he'd like to try contacting her.

Besides, the less Hanso could interact with the Madman's Affiliates, the better.

"You awake yet? At least tell me if it's urgent or not." Needless to say, he had a channel open between his mind and that of the Blaziken. Hanso 'ported down to the ground outside the gates, where the army had broken through. As he had thought, there were some Pokemon who'd set up an area for any injured that would come, away from the battlefield. Unless they were Affiliates. No matter.

"I need a healer, now!" Hanso called out, walking determinedly toward the healing area. Within moments, a Chansey had broken away to come see the Gallade who carried a Blaziken. "Not dead, but she's lost blood," Hanso added for the Chansey's benefit. As the Blaziken was taken from him and attended to, the Gallade waved off another Pokemon who poked at him. "None of it's mine."

It was unusual for Hanso to not itch to return to the battlefield and help the others, but he had a feeling this was urgent in itself. Hanso seated himself on the ground, out of the way of the healers, and closed his eyes. Concentrating, he reached out with his mind to search the city again, and the network of tunnels below. "Where are you, Genevieve?" It was time she helped him break into Sovereign's mind.

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis & Paladin

Paladin looked at his former aprentice's work, he was rather impressed on how Accatosh had swiftly and easily, but he found something to tell him, "you missed two boy," he said, as he used hammer arm on the wounded Rampardos, killing it. then he used the same move to kill the Kabutops.

"well I couldn't take all the fun," Accatosh commented, "I had to leave some left for you."

with that Paladin and Accatosh started pushing towards the Alpha Alliance front. they continued as they saw more and more civilians that needed to be saves from the Aincients and the Silver tribe kill all order.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Cape City

Three more Ancients fell as Zane slashed them up, showing no compassion for the creatures who would do to him the same had they the opportunity. As a Bastiodon prepped to tackle Zane, the Bisharp held his ground, and proceeded to meet the larger Pokemon. However, the strength of the Gold Tribesman was not to be denied, and the Iron Head which cracked into the skull of the beast proved to be more potent than the tackle he met him with. The beast fell down, but more Ancients took his place. Seeing himself surrounded by all manner of Ancients, Zane attacked fast, striking each foe that would come at him with either a Night Slash or an Aerial Ace. He exerted much energy with each strke, first landing one on a Kabuto, then quickly turning to take on a Rampardos with the same attack. A Kabutops managed to strike a slash on Zane's back which caused a small grunt to escape from behind his teeth. However, he tried to ignore the pain, turning around to meet his foe and strike him again with an Aerial Ace. The strike his perfectly on the top of its head, causing it to split open. The Kabutops' eyes rolled back in his head, and he fell, likely dead from the brain trauma. Zane meticulously took care of the rest, wary that he wouldn't get any more injuries as he dealt with the remaining Ancients that enclosed around him. When the immediate coast was clear, Zane took a short moment to catch his breath, observing his surroundings to ensure. At this moment, he heard Penance through the sounds of deep fighting.

"Zane! Another plan!" He shouted as he headed over and threw some more Water Pulses. "Zane, when the time comes you're coming again, another Sentinel this time!" He shouted over the noise of the fighting.

"Where are the others? We need to get situated! The time will be soon enough!"

Zane nodded his head in response. "I'll be ready when you need me." He said, before looking around, trying to see where everyone else was. "I'm not sure." He responded. "They're fighting all around, I think. I saw Dryad and Sword and Shield close by. I think Gallant and Speculum are still with Paladin and the Ninetales. The rest, I'm unsure of."

Just as he finished speaking, a large explosive-like energy became known to him. Coming at another part of the city, Zane could feel the intensity and sheer destruction that the blast had caused, as could many others around. He expected quite a few of the Gold Tribe would have been able to as well. The flames erupted in a manner that seemed to be focused on one area or place, but the aftershock was devastating enough to be seen far and wide. Once it had settled, over a block of a city was covered in aggressive flames. After exchanging a look with Penance, Zane headed for the blast area. He didn't know with certainty what had caused the blast, but he had a suspicion. He only hoped he wasn't right.

***​

Guardia broke through the enemy lines, those Ancients foolish enough to be in range of her claws met them in a quick, but painful end. Though she may not have inherited her father's capability to lead, she did inherit his strength, and in this war it was on full display. A group of Ancients, targeted her, and she met their gaze unfazed, smiling as she recklessly launched herself at them. Her first target, an Omastar, attempted to shoot a Water Pulse at her, but she was quick enough to get to the Ancient, halting its attack with a Crush Claw, bringing her claws upon the face of the Ancient, and hearing it cry out in pain. Directly to the left and right of the her were a pair of Kabutops. To not waste time, she brought her left claw back, and making a wide swing of it, slashed through one of them, and to the other, all before either of them could bring themselves to defend or fight back. A Rampardos stood in the back of the group, and if the beings could feel fear, this one certainly would be doing so. In fact, the Zangoose was should she could see him now displaying such fear. She jumped over the carcass of the Omastar, and came at the Rampardos from the top. A quick exchange of her claws was made upon the beast, and she landed behind it, not even bothering to look at it as it fell behind her.

A bit in front of her, Guardia could see as the Prince of Light and Hoodhide both battled a larger group of Ancients. Though they seemed to be handling themselves alright, she elected to go and lend a hand to them anyways, relishing in the opportunity to both fight alongside her brothers, as well as show off her own skill. Jumping quickly into the fray, Guardia found just how overpowering three Gold Tribe members could be fighting together. Hoodhide and herself both double-team half a dozen Kabutops, utilizing their speed and strength to finish them off. It was either Guardia hitting first, and then Hoodhide finishing them off, or Hoodhide would strike first, and Guardia would land the killing blow. After a while, the three of them cleared the immediate area. Guardia observed their handiwork, impressed at the extent they had done so quickly.

"Heh…we make a pretty good team, brother." She snickered, gazing over to Hoodhide. Hoodhide smiled back, crossing his arms and nodding. The Prince of Light also smiled, standing a few paces in front of them as he finished off his own set of foes.

But the bonding the three had just momentarily shared, as quickly as it came, had suddenly vanished. A pale, shocked expression crept along the Prince of Light's face. Guardia looked at him bewildered, and then saw as a hole was suddenly forming from his stomach. The cause was energy, flames that erupted from behind him and poured through and around his body. A moment later, the flames erupted all across his body in an extreme and powerful wave of energy, a Fire Blast. The flames scorched across the Zoroark, and then launched the Pokemon a few meters away. Guardia shockingly watched the horrific scene unfold, and then turned to see his attacker.He had bits of wet spots across his fur, perhaps from a recent encounter with water he had just been in. But a quick heating of his body removed any residue droplets. The Typhlosion turned from the unmoving body of the Prince of Light, and gazed at the two of them. The Inferno, known among many as the most destructive Pokemon in Valkaria, quickly decided to confirm the title.

Now setting his sights on the other two Gold Tribe members, the Inferno powered his body, the flames on his back growing twice as large as he prepared to release his energy at him. Setting the two in his sights, He released a wave of fire from his mouth, and targeted the two. Guardia and Hoodhide moved out of the way to try to avoid the two, but quickly came under attack from the expansive, quick-spreading blaze. Guardia could feel the energy explode in an eruption of flames behind her, sending both herself and Hoodhide soaring through the air, and landing abruptly on the ground. Her back tingled with pain, burns and blood was covered across her body. She tried inhaling extra breath, only to find herself inhaling ash. As she looked up, she could see the entire area covered in flames. Buildings burned, ash traveled across the air. The intensity of the heat was boiling. And through all this, she could not move and try to escape, her injuries apparently catching up with her. The Inferno approached the body of the two of them, setting his eyes first on Guardia.

"Do you know why it has all come to this?" He asked her, as Guardia coughed, both from the blood that stuck to her throat, and the ash she unintentionally inhaled. "It is the natural order of things. You are, all of you, supposed to die, as is the will of Auron, and the will of nature." He continued to walk forward, exchanged his glance between Guardia and Hoodhide, who appeared to be in just as bad condition as she was. "The weak must perish so that the strong will thrive. And Cape City was the cesspool of the weak. The refugees, the citizens, the pitiful beggars, those who all barely cling to life, those who couldn't hope to defend themselves. Now with the kill-all order, it came their time to fulfill their purpose. To die. And yet, you Gold Tribe seek to disrupt that which must happen. You are tools of the weak, their contemptible luxury." He walked closer to both of them, and then suddenly turned from the middle path and approached Hoodhide, standing now right above him.

"Now, you are the weak. And for that, you must die." He raised a hand, pointing it to Hoodhide, and fired, erupting the entire area in an explosion of flames.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

"So tired... Just let me sleep. I've done so much... I've tried so hard... Just let me rest..."

"This is not your time, Vera." The voice carried through the veil as Vera floated through the darkness. It was soft, and warm.

"Who are you?" Vera asked. All that seemed to matter was the present. All the problems of the outside world were mere specks before this chilling question. Three simple words can carry so much weight.

"Sweet child, I am death" Somehow Vera found comfort in these words. The very thought that this horrible experience most called life could be finally coming to an end was a welcoming one.

"Please take me," Vera pleaded desperately. "Everything I've done has been for nothing. What point is there in going on if the one person I care about is gone?"

"Sovereign is not gone, and you know it. You try so hard to save him, but who will save you, Vera?"

"I don't understand what you mean! I am the only one who can save myself!"

"You expect others to trust you, yet you cannot trust others. Perhaps it isn't Sovereign who needs saving?" Flames started to rise from the depths below. Consuming everything in it's path.

"Now wake up Vera. Wake up and watch. For as long as you continue down this path, everything around you will burn!"

Vera gasped for air, taking in a deep breath. She sat up to a Chansey, attending to another nearby patient. She noticed Vera and approached to check on her. "How are you feeling?" Vera looked around and quickly realized she was in the hands of Gold Tribe forces. Yet they didn't seem to realize who they had. She seemed to be bandaged up good. It looked like her bleeding had stopped a while ago though. "You really shouldn't move around. We can heal you, but there's little we can do for the blood you lost." Vera did feel a little light headed as she plopped back into her resting spot. She could hear the sounds of battle going on in the background.

"Who brought me here?" She inquired.

"That gentleman over there," The Chansey said, pointing out a familiar face. It was the Gallade that had fought Sovereign in Albia. She had spared his life, and it seemed that he had returned the favor.

"Could you te-"

Suddenly the earth shook! The sound of a wall collapsing could be heard in the distance. Vera's heart stopped for a moment at the thought of what it might bring, and even more about the meaning of Varren's words.

"GET HIM OVER HERE, NOW!!!"

Sovereign
Sovereign approached Cape City's wall. A mighty fortress of sheer beauty that had held for ages. A place now plagued by decay, but even his father had spoken of it in it's past. No one could break the walls. Not alone anyway.

Sovereign smirked at the prospect of something he couldn't break. He tightened his fists as his blood began to pump faster. The earth shook under foot as the sky above turned a pitch black. Dark lightning flared around his body as his hide turned a deep purple.

He plunged his foot into the ground! Generating a sharp crack in the ground leading up to the wall. Not enough. This wall would fall. He lifted his other foot. And as it crashed into the ground, the crack extended up the great wall! Sovereign let out a mighty roar as the unbreakable fortress fell at his might!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

As Paladin rushed towards the next group of Ancients, many things happened at once. Suddenly, only a few blocks away from where Paladin and Accatosh fought, there was a huge explosion of fire and flames. The eruption of power looked more like the handiwork of a Pokemon than one of a bomb, but what monster could create such an intense outburst? Only one Pokemon came to mind: The Inferno. Paladin knew his power personally, and memories resurfaced of his fight with the Typhlosion. The fight had been intense, but it ended in an explosion similar to this one, and both Pokemon had been thrust to opposite sides of the battlefield. The ferocity of the nearby blast sent Paladin, and most likely any nearby Pokemon, to the ground. He fell with a booming thump onto the ground, as did the Ancients and the civilians being threatened by them. "Inferno," Paladin said, to no one in particular. He would have to deal with his old enemy later, since the Ancients were getting back up and they were ready to kill civilians. "Come on, Accatosh!" Paladin exclaimed as he rose from the ground and resumed his charge. Within no time, he was already there. This time, a troupe of eleven Ancients circled six civilians, like hungry predators closing in on scared prey. Paladin got there just as a rather large Armaldo lunged at an innocent, ready to decapitate him with his claw. Paladin stopped him just in time, jumping the Armaldo and tackling him to the ground. The Armaldo struggled underneath the enormous weight of Paladin, but, surprisingly, managed to free himself. He retaliated with a Crush Claw, which struck Paladin straight in the chest. Then, something extraordinary happened. The Armaldo was suddenly enveloped in a glowing green gas, which seemed to be hurting him as the Armaldo writhed in pain. Paladin could only sit and watch as the green gas began eating away at the very being of the Ancient. Eventually, the Ancient existed no more, as his form had been reduced to nothing. The green gas then began floating towards Paladin, who began running away from it in fear. What if the same thing happened to him. He wasn't fast enough, though, and he hadn't made it very far before the green gas caught up to him. However, it didn't hurt him. He noticed that as the green gas enveloped him, he felt empowered. It then began seeping into the crack in his chest, and he suddenly realized what it was: it was his own mysterious energy. But how had it consumed the Armaldo in such a way? Was this the doing of his dark side? He didn't know the definite answers to either of those questions, but he decided that it was best left for another time, since there were still Ancients to kill.

Now empowered, Paladin charged at the remaining ten Ancients. He crushed the skull of an unsuspecting Rampardos with Hammer Arm, drawing the attention of its comrades. A fellow Rampardos charged at Paladin, but he was quick enough to dodge the attack and retaliate by grabbing the Ancient in mid-charge. He took hold of the Ancient's tail and used the force that would have been directed to the charge to spin himself around quickly. With that force, he flung the Rampardos in the opposite direction, and it flew at least ten feet before its skull was burst upon from an impact with a concrete building. The next to attack was an Aerodactyl, who descended from the skies and lunged at Paladin. He tried to claw Paladin in the eyes in order to blind him, but Paladin managed to defend himself with his own arm. The claws of the Aerodactyl scratched his arm, but Paladin used the opportunity to grab the Aerodactyl. The bird was now ensnared in his grasp, and Paladin was too heavy for it to be able to fly off. He took the bird in his arm as if it was a plaything, and threw it onto the ground. The Aerodactyl struggled to get back up, but before it could, Paladin stomped on it with his foot. When he retracted his foot, he saw a crumpled mess of wings and bones and blood.

He looked to the rest of the group. Two more Aerodactyl existed, along with an Archeops, but like last time, he would leave them for Accatosh. There were also two Bastiodon who looked ready to ram Paladin. The civilians were no longer a target, so they had just fled. The last two were Carracosta. Their typing was a little dangerous to Paladin, so he decided to go for them first. One shot a quick Water Pulse which Paladin took. The Water Pulse impacted with his chest, and he started to feel strange. the mysterious green gas had begun to exit his body. Under normal circumstances, Paladin would have stopped and questioned why it was leaving him and attacking others, but he decided to embrace it as his ally for now. The green gas floated swiftly towards one Carracosta, so Paladin decided to take out the other one himself. The Carracosta launched a Bubblebeam, each of the bubbles stinging Paladin's skin as they popped. He just kept charging, though, and eventually got close enough to lunge. The Carracosta tried to run, but Paladin grabbed him and Shadow Punched him twice, then finished him off with a Hammer Arm. As the first Carracosta died, Paladin felt his energies returning to him, empowering him with the force of the other Carracosta.

Only two Bastiodon remained, apart from the flyers which Accatosh would deal with. One of them appeared visibly frightened at the sight of Paladin, and was ready to flee, but the other had his eyes set on the Golurk, ready to begin charging. He did so, and Paladin simply stood and waited. At the last second, just before the Bastiodon would have hit him and knocked him down, he spun around and gave the Bastiodon a good kick in the backside to send him flying. Paladin then turned his attention to the now fleeing Bastiodon, who was shouting something while running away. Paladin focused, storing up some power, and then released it all through his leg as it was raised and fell to the ground again, causing an Earthquake. The Earthquake instantly knocked the running Basiodon, and any nearby Pokemon who weren't flying, down. Paladin took the opportunity to run at the struggling Bastiodon, and as soon as he could, he put the miserable thing down with a Hammer Arm.

It seemed that Accatosh would have no more fun with almost all the Ancients dead, but this was not so. The Bastiodon, Paladin realized, had been calling for backup. Two more Aerodactyl and another Archeops joined their flying comrades, giving Accatosh six Pokemon to kill. "Show your stuff," Paladin ordered his apprentice. "Show these Ancients how well my training has paid off," he smirked.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Levina ~ Tunnels

"Cute? You think my sneezes are cute do you?" Levina smirked teasing and got off Snype's chest. "Well I might just have to kill you with cuteness……but it might be nice for you to pamper me for a change so I might let you live." Levina began charging her limp and damp fur with electricity. As the charge grew an aura of light began to emit from her and light up the dimly light tunnel. "These tunnels are bigger than I thought. I never really paid much attention to them." An evil smirk appeared on Levina's face as she calmly circled around Snype. Once she was behind him she gently touched his back with her paw. A small electric current ran through her paw into Snype's body and was strong enough to sting and fluff his fur. Levina burst out laughing when she saw her fluffy partner. "You look like a Mareep!!!"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype followed Levina through the tunnels. He had no idea where they were going but they didn't have much other options. Snype could hear the battle going on above ground... if only he were up there helping! He was afraid to see just who was winning this war... the whole cavern shook a couple times too, causing Snype to stumble several times. He could see well enough in the dark thanks to his natural vision. As they walked through the cavern, Levina decided to mess with Snype and touched his back with her paw, fluffing his fur straight up. He simply snickered.

"Kehe, hey not too bad of a look." He said, straightening his fur a little bit but getting zapped a few times from the discharge. He pat Levina's back a bit. "We gotta find a way out of here quick. Things don't sound good up there. That last earthquake was really rough. Kehe. If we end up being stuck here I suppose I'll be fine. I feed off minerals anyways. You though? I don't know if you'd like the taste of sapphire..." Snype said

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~

An explosive blast; at least one mind there. A collapsed wall; one there he recognized. "GET HIM OVER HERE, NOW!!!" Good, she's awake.

Hanso sighed as he opened his eyes. Yet, nothing sure about where Genevieve was. Standing up, the Gallade turned and strode to the Blaziken's side, before the Chansey really got the chance to fetch him. "Thank you," Hanso said, nodding to the Chansey anyways. He then turned back to the Blaziken, arms at his sides; he still hadn't cleaned off any of her blood.

"Very urgent, from the looks of everything," Hanso started, crouching down so he was at eye level with the Blaziken. "Especially if he just helped knock down a wall, or so it seems. What do I need to know?"

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos
Vera was certain now that this was the same Gallade from the battle in Albia. He was the handsome sort, although quite scarred by battle from the looks of it. He was covered in blood. She wondered if it was all hers or if something had happened to him? But there was little time to worry about trivial matters. Sovereign was in the city now, and if what she suspected happened to him is true, then she was very much in danger too. "What do I need to know?" The Gallade asked.

"What you need to know is that for the last few weeks, Sovereign's mind has been growing increasingly more unstable with every passing moment." The utmost urgency could be seen in Vera's face as she spoke. "Exponentially so in the last week from what it seems. Sovereign told me that while he was fighting you, right before he lost consciousness, he heard a voice. What can you tell me about that fight before I arrived? What happened to Sovereign before he went totally berserk? It's important!"

Vera paused a moment. "I don't believe I ever got your name. My name is Vera Fayos, Tactical Commander for the Sentinel, Sovereign."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~

The Blaziken paused a moment. "I don't believe I ever got your name. My name is Vera Fayos, Tactical Commander for the Sentinel, Sovereign."

Hanso turned his head abruptly, checking the immediate area. Aside from the two of them, the only Pokemon likely to have clearly heard the Blaziken was the Chansey, who now watched them slightly wide-eyed. "We'll worry about who's who after she's healthy," Hanso told her bluntly. The Chansey nodded and turned away to tend to other patients.

"Hanso SharpEye," he replied, turning back to Vera, "of the Gold Tribe." Hanso was realizing more and more, if he hadn't already, that titles didn't mean much to him anymore.

What had happened that day? Silent for a few moments, Hanso began recalling that day's memories back, then began talking, eyes staring at nothing. "I found him with Genevieve, who left shortly after I showed up. Sovereign and I started fighting, with no unusual signs at first. It was moments after the black flames appeared in the sky that some sort of alter-ego named Varren took over his body."

Unbidden, and due to the channel he'd opened earlier, a faint thought drifted across from Hanso to Vera's mind: Sovereign threw his hands on his skull and yelled, "Get out of my head!" "Then a little after that, after the explosion I think, Varren was pushed aside by...I'm not sure, but I think he referred to Sovereign as his son. Then Sovereign went totally berserk, as you put it." Another image drifted across: "...Would you like to see Sovereign's true face? The face of absolute chaos?"

Abruptly, Hanso shook his head, eyes focusing. "This is taking too long," he muttered to himself, one hand reaching up to rub at his eyes. It was then that Hanso noticed the blood on it and dropped his hand before it ever reached his face. "It's all in his head, we need to get into his head..."

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos
Vera watched as the images of battle poured into her head. It was unsettling. She had been afraid of this from the start. Varren was not lying, his grip on Sovereign by now would be strong if he was able to come out then, too.

"It's all in his head, we need to get into his head..." Vera knew this was the only option, but digging around in the mind of a dark Pokemon, much less one who was mentally unstable, was dangerous.

"If you hadn't noticed, Sovereign is immune to psychic persuasion. A gift from both of his parents, if you will. His natural immunity is fortified by his Dragon Blood. Very few individuals in history have shared that combination outside of Hydreigon. The way I see it is, the only way to pierce that wall is to catch him when he is most vulnerable, mentally." She could feel the fear wash over her body at the thought of what that entailed. "Do you understand what that means? We have to bring out the monster inside him..."

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

Paladin and Accatosh pushed forward in their attack and fight to save the civilians. Paladin charged ahead, ramming into a variety of Ancients, there was an explosion, a powerful one, Accatosh could sense the heat coming from it, it came from Inferno the hot headed Typhlosion.

Accatosh, was not to far behind Paladin, when he shouted "Come on, Accatosh!" Accatosh was quickly on his feet again and joining Paladin in the charge, Then Accatosh saw the weariest thing happen, Paladin was leaking gas energy of an unknown type. it quickly consumed the Ancient Paladin was fighting and clearly had empowered Paladin.

Accatosh was rather surprised by this, and started thinking in the back of his head.

Later on Paladin had left about six flying Aincients For Accatosh to Battle, "Show your stuff," Paladin ordered his apprentice. "Show these Ancients how well my training has paid off,"

Accatosh nodded, and with out a word, took to the sky, the Archeops being impatient and probably one of the younger Ancients, Dove at Accatosh first, Accatosh bashed the Ancient with his wing, sending it flying into a nearby building, he then sent a Fire Blast at it's head, the blast killed the pokemon as it fell to the ground, leaving a smoldering body where it was, the Aerodactyles formed up in a sort of crude delta formation, and dove at Accatosh.

Accatosh focused and used a combo of Fire blast and Draco Meteor to create Draco Blast, the attack launched from his mouth and split into three medium size orbs of fire, which were aimed at the front three Aerodactyles, Accatosh flew upward towards them, following behind his combo attack, the attack's hit each Aerodactyle square on the nose, then exploded, sending the formation scattering, the three Aerodactyles that were hit were much more greatly effected by the explosions then their comrades were. those three were killed almost instantly sending their bodies crashing to the ground, dead.

The Last two Aerodactyles tried to flank Accatosh, but he turned around to launch another Draco blast out of his mouth, this time however the blast split into two slightly larger orbs and hit the Aerodactyles at almost point blank. killing them Instantly.

Accatosh then realized that the attacks of that move were being controlled by the Palkian energies, he had been controlling them, that's why they didn't miss... that and the Aerodactyles aren't known for their intelligence, (at least most of them now a days).

Accatosh landed next to Paladin, and spoke through their Palkian link, "we have alot of catching up, and work to do, what happened to you Paladin... I've never sensed that Darkness before, nor have I seen that gas energy leaking out of you... what happened," Accatosh shook his head, "We'll discuss this matter later, I notices that you talked to Allora about this as well... Later however would be better"

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

"I...don't know," was Paladin's initial response to Accatosh's question. He'd just finished watching his apprentice defeat the aerial attackers expertly, but this question caught him off guard. He didn't know what the darkness was, or why his mysterious energies were leaking out of him. Was it perhaps because his seal was weakening? That meant extreme danger. The last time a Golurk's seal broke off his chest, the resulting explosion was big enough to wipe out Cape City. He couldn't imagine this happening to him. He would ultimately be the demise of the Gold Tribe if he let this get out of hand. Still, breaking the seal of a Golurk was no easy task. The seal was not only physically a part of him, but also mentally. The mental connection acted as a sort of 'glue' to keep the seal stuck to him. This meant it would take an extremely strong mental power to break the seal in half the way it currently was. He wondered if perhaps his 'dark side' had anything to do with it. Perhaps it was some kind of metaphysical power that was trying to overtake him. All these questions and theories floated around in Paladin's mind as he thought about Accatosh's question. Finally, he came up with an answer. "I have amnesia, Accatosh. I woke up in the Wastes of Will a year ago with no recollection of who I was or how I got there. Memories of you, and the Gold Tribe, and everybody else have only started coming back to me this morning, when I met Allora. Before all this nonsense...I didn't even know you existed." He looked down, somewhat ashamed. "Even now I haven't remembered everything. I can only remember about half of my old life right now, but I still haven't figured out how I lost my memory, though I suspect it will return." He bobbed his head back up, a new look of determination in his eyes. "But you're right. Now is not the time for this. I must return to Allora." With that, he took a flying position and ignited his rockets, which blasted him from the ground and into the air, as he flew back onto the building on which Allora and Veletra were.

Paladin landed with such a crash that it created a crack in the ceiling of the building. He paid it no mind, however, and walked towards Allora. She sat next to Veletra, but her eyes were closed and she appeared to be concentrating on something. "Allora?" Paladin asked, hoping he hadn't startled her.

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

Accatosh watched Paladin fly back to the building they previously were, Accatosh turned his head back to the Aincients, he needed to force them away from the Civilians with as little civilian casualties as possible, Accatosh took aim, and launched three high arched Draco Meteors towards three different areas of Ancients, the meteors exploded in mid air, and the meteorites came crashing down on Ancients of every kind, some killing instantly while others they crippled, or severely wounded.

Accatosh took to the air, and let his meteors hit the Ancients, he followed Paladin to the building, landing gently then he turned his attention to the battles happening below. watching everything unfold.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka had come up with a simple strategy to deal with large amounts of Ancients at a time: first, she would Heat Wave to drastically raise the temperature around a group; the Ancients, though mostly impervious to the fire-type attack, were still dazed by the intense heat, and before they could recover Daricka would rush in with Close Combat, placing well-aimed attacks on the most frail parts of their bodies. However, she didn't do this to excess, as the double-edged move Close Combat would slowly but surely eat away at her defenses and leave her more vulnerable to the more powerful attacks that came from Sentinels, if any were to cross her path.

Just as that thought was crossing her mind, an explosion of flames nearby set fire to a multitude of buildings and sent her staggering to one side as she fought to keep her balance. The moment she recovered her footing, she was set forth toward where the explosion had come from. Only a Sentinel could have caused it, and she planned to be around to help bring it to a stop. Already, she had a pretty good idea which Sentinel it would be, and as she rounded a final corner of a flaming building, The Inferno came into her line of sight, standing over the form of Hoodhide. A quick scan of the area found Guardia laying on the ground as well, as burnt and bloodied as Hoodhide.

The Infernape wasn't given much time to think as The Inferno pointed at Hoodhide. Sensing what was coming and knowing there was no way she ducked back behind the corner she had just turned a moment before, allowed the already crumbling building to take the brunt of the attack. Before the wall she took shelter behind even finished its shuddering tumble, Wildfire sprung from the mixture of dust and ash that was blown into the air by the final decent of the house, a Focus Blast already charged in either palm. With a slight grunt, she tossed the two glowing orbs of energy at the Typhlosion, hoping to at least draw his attention from Hoodhide and Guardia.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~

"Do you understand what that means? We have to bring out the monster inside him..."

Hanso visibly shuddered at the thought, memories coming to mind. "The monster that nearly crushed me?" he muttered to himself. "A fight I'd rather avoid if it was a choice, and that's rare comin' from me. But how would we do it? When I saw him last, it was probably because Varren had come out first, and the other entity came out in response."

Even then, assuming that he could get inside Sovereign's head, Hanso wondered if he'd be strong enough on his own to fight whatever was thrown at him. At the same time, he didn't want to bring the Affiliate psychics in on it, especially if they needed their strength for the corrupted Sentinels. There were hardly any other psychics in the Gold Tribe, and Hanso had no idea how the Keeper would react to the idea. Speaking of which, he'd need to explain to them sooner or later...

But that was off-track. Hanso hesitated, then sent out a mental feeler over the city again, searching for Genevieve. At the same time, he said to Vera, "It would help if we had another psychic who could break in with me." Glancing around again, checking that no other Pokemon was eavesdropping, Hanso lowered his voice and asked, "How familiar are you with Genevieve?"

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos
"How familiar are you with Genevieve?" Vera's expression turned sour at this question. She began to sit herself up as quickly as she could.

"This was a bad idea," she said as she began to stand. "I'm leaving." As she tried to walk away, she fell into Hanso, barely catching herself. She felt so weak. A tear fell down her face. "Why couldn't she just take me away...?" Vera whispered to herself. The words rang out in her head, the advice she had been given. "You expect others to trust you, yet you cannot trust others. Perhaps it isn't Sovereign who needs saving?"

"Okay. I'll trust you... I know Genevieve all too well. We do not get along. She is a foul woman who manipulates the hearts of men for personal gain." She paused. She looked up at the Gallade, her face now covered with tears. "Tell me she has not twisted you as well. Tell me you only have the best intentions. We cannot kill my only friend!"

Sovereign

The brutish Tyranitar entered Cape City through a hole of his own making. The city was frantic, citizens scrambling to get out of the city, and the sound of battle raging all around. Sovereign felt the urge to start killing anyone he could fins, but he kept it in. What honor was there in killing civilians? Sovereign had his eye on another target. he knew just how to grab his attention, too. Sovereign tightened his fists again, and slammed his right foot into the ground! It generated a pulse that could be felt throughout the city. He wanted the one who had evaded the Sentinels before. Sovereign knew it was an earthen Pokemon. If he was in the city, he would know where to find Sovereign.

The citizens became more panicked in the wake of Sovereign's actions. A lowly Combusken ran by, and tripped over a rock, falling to the ground. It turned over and looked at Sovereign as he approached. Suddenly, an image flahed in his head of a Combusken dangling over a pit of lava, with only a Larvitar's hand prevernting the fall. Sovereign could not place this image. It was somehow familiar, and yet he could not remember it. The Combusken below was trembling in fear. "Run, little one, this is no place for you." Without a moments hesitation, it stood up and ran away. Sovereign sat down amongst the chaos, and waited. The thrill of a good fight was worth the wait. He only needed to be patient.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Cape City

While Inferno battled the two Gold Tribe members the hole he had left behind crumbled a bit as pieces of stone fell down. Amid the chaos a clawed hand rose up and grabbed hold of the edge. There was a loud grunt as a Weavile pulled himself up, panting heavily.

"Just... what... the... ****!? YOU LEAVE ME DOWN THERE TO TAKE ON THOSE ANCIENTS ALL BY MYSELF!?" Leon snapped at the closest Gold Tribe member, which just happened to be Guardia. "Oh yeah! Leon can handle thirty of them! You're unlucky in that respect! Oh, when I-"

He paused as he saw the Inferno, "Need to take this out on someone...." He muttered as he formed a shard of ice in one hand and threw it at the Typhlosion's back. "Yo! Rage head! I think you need another bath!" He took in a breath and formed some more ice in his hands, "Pick on someone your own size chump! What? That water got you all soaked up? Well, I got soaked too and you don't see me whining about it."

At the moment when the Inferno threw his attack at Hoodhide smoke billowed up and there was a squishing sound as the attack had even managed to heat the concrete to such a degree that it began to melt. As the smoke cleared there was a lack of a corpse. In fact, a lack of anything goldy in the area!

"Yo! Goldy!" A voice shouted to the left of the Sentinel, "That all you got? I think someone needs a bit more time in the bubble bath! I got towels, they were skinned, but towels are towels!" The voice giggled out.

The Inferno gave a cold glare first to the Weavile who had arrived, then towards the other Pokemon to the left of him. Already, smoke had begun to form across the Sentinel, as he began to prepare his next wave of attacks. The flames on his hide rose to twice their length, and ember began to form at his mouth and arms. Even though Guardia was a good few meters away on the floor, she could feel the temperature substantially rise in the area, as if all of the heat from the surrounding Cape City was now boiling over at this point. He gave no indication of his willingness to converse with any of his enemies, as he rarely did, but merely moved his hands up in preparation of the blast. As fire gathered at his fingertips and mouth, The Inferno prepared to unleash hell upon his opponents.

However, as he launched the attacks, a pair of glowing orbs of energy suddenly struck him in the back, causing him to grimace in pain, and redirect his attacks toward the sky. The triple wave of the Fire Blast seered through the air, hitting no target but the air itself, though Guardia had the feeling that if it could feel pain, it would be boiling by this point. The Inferno staggered back, a look of irritation on his face as he turned to view his attacker, who turned out to be Wildfire the Infernape of the Gold Tribe. Gritting his teeth, the Inferno did not give a moments hesitation as he once again prepped for an attack. This time, instead of flames gathering at any part of his body, they began to gather in a circle around him. They started small, patches of fire, before ever-expanding to a monstrous size. Even though the ground around was marble, it too felt the pressure of the heated energy, the ground becoming charred and scorched, and in some cases the marble ground close enough to the Typhlosion melted. As his attacked gathered energy, Guardia suddenly found the wheel of energy at a size and strength unlike normal in appearance, the Flame Wheel as large as the Typhlosion's body itself, and only increasing after that. All at once, with a motion of his arms, the Inferno released the energy, targeting the two newcomer opponents from before, but also Wildfire, and Guardia.

Leon smirked, "Think that'll stop me chump?" He sneered as he quickly hopped to a building, grabing hold of the drain pipe and against the ground as he jumped up, grabbed onto a ledge with the tip of his claws and flipped himself up to grab the edge of the roof and pointed his free hand at the Inferno, about to attack with ice it seemed, but he balled his fist up and punched it into a window, gritting his teeth at the pain as he took out some shards and flung them right at the Inferno before pulling himself up on the roof.

The presence to the left couldn't help but grin at the wheel. The small Abra that had met with the Goldies much earlier on in the caverns ported right in front of the ball. He smirked as he held out both hands and a powerful psychic ripple flowed out to grab the ball and steady it. "Hehe, a new toy!" He giggled as sweat dripped down his face.

With a grunt the Abra began to raise his hands, slowly raising the rotating ball up. Inch by inch it rose and the Abra let out a cry as he began to feed his psychic powers into the ball, "Hehe... know who I was? Probably still am? I think so, or I could be another." He chuckled as the ball expanded more and more.

"The name was 'Surge'! Deal with it!" He screamed as he raised his hands up high and then pulled them down quickly causing the fireball to raise up and then fall down slowly, headed right at Inferno.

Inferno positioned his arm in front of him, creating a wall of fire with an ember to block agains the glass shards that the Weavile sent at him. Most of them melted before they got a chance to reach the Typhlosion, but one managed to slip past and swipe across his cheek, drawing blood, and anger from the Pokemon. It was yet another scar to add on to the decorations of them that litered the Sentinel's body. As the Abra began to meddle with his own attack, the Inferno was caught staring at the spectacle in front of him. As the attack was suddenly thrust at him, he opened his mouth, reacting as quickly as he could to stop the fireball with a flamethrower of his own. The two attacks clashed, causing a detonation of energy within the area, causing nearby buildings to collapse out of the sheer force. The Inferno held on with the flamethrower for a while, but the exertion of multiple powerful attacks had caused a bit of stagnation, giving the Abra's attack enough juice to make it through, and striking at the Sentinel. Dust, smoke and ash erupted into the air once the attack impacted with the Typhlosion, to the point where Guardia could no longer see the outcome, nor half of the Pokemon in the area. She coughed, the ash entering her lungs while the sweat dripped from her from the intense heat still present from the set of attacks. All around was ash, dust, smoke, and flames. Buildings in the immediate area were crumbling or some entirely destroyed, while others were on fire. Her paws, which clung to the ground, felt as if they were burning, and she didn't think she had the energy to stand to try to avoid it. The Inferno truly was as destructive as the rumors suggested.

But as the two Gold Tribe members-turned Affiliates showed, no Sentinel was immortal. The Inferno's form was finally shown among the smoke, a portion of his left arm scorched from the previous attack, and blood still flowing from his cheek. Unfortunately, now it appeared that the Sentinel was angry. Despite the injuries that he received, the anger that the Typhlosion now felt seemed to eclipse it. With all his targets in sight within his bloodshot eyes, he let out a deafening scream, and in response, his flames seemed to erupt across the battlefield, from all parts of his body as he targeted all of his opponents with a Blast Burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back