• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Quick question:

I have a new map that I created for an extra indoor area. However, the border block is 3x3 rather than 2x2, which I believe is normal for indoor maps. The bottom half of the border block is filled with a random tile (not black), while the other half is normal. Whenever I change the bottom tiles and save, I go back to the map and the bottom tiles are still glitched.

Any idea what is causing this?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Quick question:

I have a new map that I created for an extra indoor area. However, the border block is 3x3 rather than 2x2, which I believe is normal for indoor maps. The bottom half of the border block is filled with a random tile (not black), while the other half is normal. Whenever I change the bottom tiles and save, I go back to the map and the bottom tiles are still glitched.

Any idea what is causing this?
Sometimes in A-map, the tiles look different than in VBA. If I recall right there are only one or two block that are actually black in game, but there are lots that look black. right click on one of the working black blocks outside of the border block, and then use that to fill the bad border blocks

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
I was testing my game and i noticed when my pokemon start evolving. It starts normally, but then it stops and says: ...?
I`m not sure what i did wrong, so does any of you know what i might of did wrong?

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Seems like you screwed something with the evolution info, try using an evolutioneditor and adding the data in for the particular pokemon that's not evolving correctly.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
Seems like you screwed something with the evolution info, try using an evolutioneditor and adding the data in for the particular pokemon that's not evolving correctly.

I tried re-editing with PA and yape, but there not working.
I tried to replace them, but it didn`t work.
But the problem is cyndaquil is not evolving, which i deleted the evolution info and replaced it (it was an acsident), but meditate which i haven`t been working on also doesn`t evolve.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I tried re-editing with PA and yape, but there not working.
I tried to replace them, but it didn`t work.
But the problem is cyndaquil is not evolving, which i deleted the evolution info and replaced it (it was an acsident), but meditate which i haven`t been working on also doesn`t evolve.

In FireRed, I think you first need a National Dex in order to evolve both the Johto and Hoenn PKMN.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I set a flag, set the Person ID of a person event with the same flag, but the person didn't disappear when I entered the map. Isn't it supposed to disappear?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I set a flag, set the Person ID of a person event with the same flag, but the person didn't disappear when I entered the map. Isn't it supposed to disappear?
Did you use hidesprite?
Spoiler:

You can use the setflag after this. And is it supposed to be a level script?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Sometimes in A-map, the tiles look different than in VBA. If I recall right there are only one or two block that are actually black in game, but there are lots that look black. right click on one of the working black blocks outside of the border block, and then use that to fill the bad border blocks

Thanks for the help, but it still doesn't work... This is really odd. I created this map, I didn't recycle it from a previously used one, so could that maybe be part of the problem?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Thanks for the help, but it still doesn't work... This is really odd. I created this map, I didn't recycle it from a previously used one, so could that maybe be part of the problem?
You're probably using a transparent palette as the border block. Black is pretty easy to spot in some palettes. A little border block editing should deal with the problem.
I don't get what you mean by 'recycle'.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015

Did you use hidesprite?
Spoiler:

You can use the setflag after this. And is it supposed to be a level script?
Well, it was in a script in a different map. Should I put hidesprite in the level script?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
So here's my problem a little more in depth.

Spoiler:

As you can see, the border block is completely messed up...

Even after I edit the border to be all black, using the correct tiles, it still glitches.

Spoiler:

So as you can see, I have no idea what's going on :(

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
So here's my problem a little more in depth.

Spoiler:

As you can see, the border block is completely messed up...

Even after I edit the border to be all black, using the correct tiles, it still glitches.

Spoiler:

So as you can see, I have no idea what's going on :(

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Try just expanding the map so the border can't be seen, I don't know what else to tell you...

Also a repost
I didn't really like tiled2002, so I decided to try tile molester, but every time I start it up it has this error message comes up:
Spoiler:

How do I fix this? I redownloaded it several times, from different sites, and it still came up with this. It worked on my XP machine, but that died, and it doesn't work for me on windows 7. Thanks in advance to you future helpers!

EDIT: Also what are these? (all images found in pokemon ruby)
Spoiler:

EDIT2: does this mean we can have unowns as text like braille? (also found in ruby right next to all the other letters of the alphabet.)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@sab: Regarding this error...
tmproblem.png

I would first double check to make sure that the file tm.jar exist in the same folder as the exe. If it does, then also check to make sure that you have Java installed.
If you've done both, then you could also try right clicking on the exe, and selecting properties. On the window that appears, select the tab that says "Compatibility" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." This will allow you to change the the operating system right below it. Make sure it says either "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)." It should hopefully work then. =]

Now, I have a question of my own. Upon attempting to import in my intro hero sprite, I got this mess:
pokemonpinkjelly.png

I would assume that this is a palette issue, but I've attempted to change the palette to no avail. Anyone know what's up?

Years
@sab: Regarding this error...
tmproblem.png

I would first double check to make sure that the file tm.jar exist in the same folder as the exe. If it does, then also check to make sure that you have Java installed.
If you've done both, then you could also try right clicking on the exe, and selecting properties. On the window that appears, select the tab that says "Compatibility" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." This will allow you to change the the operating system right below it. Make sure it says either "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)." It should hopefully work then. =]

Now, I have a question of my own. Upon attempting to import in my intro hero sprite, I got this mess:
pokemonpinkjelly.png

I would assume that this is a palette issue, but I've attempted to change the palette to no avail. Anyone know what's up?

Did you change the palette with APE?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well, it was in a script in a different map. Should I put hidesprite in the level script?
Most probably.

window that appears, select the tab that says "Compatibility" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." This will allow you to change the the operating
pokemonpinkjelly.png

Did you take a look at >Dante<'s Tutorial?
It explains the palette editing pretty well in my opinion

What program does nintendo use to make the Pokemon cries?
I WANT TO KNOW, LIKE, NOW! :u
That, you'd have to go and ask them.
But there are plenty of audio/sound related programs out there which can help you export in MIDI format.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
In Advance Map, under the events tab if you have a new blank signpost event selected, what is the "Unknown" field for and how do I find an unused hidden ID for the "Hidden ID" field?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
In Advance Map, under the events tab if you have a new blank signpost event selected, what is the "Unknown" field for and how do I find an unused hidden ID for the "Hidden ID" field?

I assume that it is called unknown for a reason :/

There is no way to quickly find out any of the Hidden IDs used other than writting them all down for yourself. If you wanted to find the last Hidden ID in an untouched ROM go to the last places where the player could encounter a hidden item (e.g. Sevii Island Seven). If you're creating new hidden items, just write the IDs on a notepad or something as you use them.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Ok, so I tried inserting custom tiles again.. And the same thing happened, where the tiles get squeezed vertically, and it wouldn't let me select the correct tiles.
So I did what you guys told me, I clicked "Load New Blocks"

And, well, I'd post a picture but PC won't let me. :U
Basically, everything just messes up. Lot's of other tiles become the ones I just inserted, the actual map is full of neon pink and other random colors. The whole tileset is just messed up.

Is there any way for A-Map to let me select the correct tiles without messing up the entire map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back