• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Do you know another tool to edit text description for pokemon?
After i edited some Pokemon with Yape, and now i can't open it.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
InvalidArgument=Value of"0"is not valid for "SelectedIndex"
Parameter name: SelectedIndex"

Did anyone find a solution to this problem bcs YAPE worked find untill i used advance mart for editing rom then it started giving unhandled exceptional error

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/justin.RONQUILLO/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/error.bmp my YAPE doesn't work please reply!!!! Thanks

I mean this: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/justin.RONQUILLO/My Documents/My Pictures/error.bmp

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/justin.RONQUILLO/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/error.bmp my YAPE doesn't work please reply!!!! Thanks

I mean this: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/justin.RONQUILLO/My Documents/My Pictures/error.bmp

Upload your screen in ImageShack.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I used to used PA31, then i saw YAPE, and i instantly deleted PA31....
YAPE 4 EVER!!!! It's great, easy to use and it looks nice :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2010
Aaaaaah! I have a problem please answer me:
- i have installed .net framework 3.5 sp1
- i DO have all the .dlls
- i have a pokemon RUBY in ENGLISH
----> IT DOESN'T WORK, man!
PD: in addition, many hack tools dont work with my rom (Ex: Bewildered, Dexter, Elitemap, Patted, RS Ball...), but
others work really good (Ex: AdvanceMap, A-Mart, Item Editor, Iconed, Introed, Pet, A-Font...)

.. .. Help! D: .-

Years
Aaaaaah! I have a problem please answer me:
- i have installed .net framework 3.5 sp1
- i DO have all the .dlls
- i have a pokemon RUBY in ENGLISH
----> IT DOESN'T WORK, man!
PD: in addition, many hack tools dont work with my rom (Ex: Bewildered, Dexter, Elitemap, Patted, RS Ball...), but
others work really good (Ex: AdvanceMap, A-Mart, Item Editor, Iconed, Introed, Pet, A-Font...)

.. .. Help! D: .-

If it gives an error message without getting to open the Rom (for the tools you mentioned like Dexter and such), put the Rom in the same folder. I find them pretty unreliable, anyway, I tend to use the alternatives. Although I don't know why YAPE doesn't work- it should. I've got the same .NET framework, and it works fine for me. Perhaps its your Rom? I know you said the other tools work, but.. Try downloading another Ruby Rom and see if it makes a difference. Although someone above said that using A-Mart prevented him from using YAPE on his ROM, so I don't know.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2010
Wow this is stupidly strange..
Look Gira.. -putting the ROM in the same folder doesnt work (its a ruby edition)
-using another ROM didn't do it neither
-using ANOTHER Ruby ROM did it xD

My real problem is that the rom im trying to use is half hacked, ive been changing it for my brother, so it 'd be a lame that i used another rom...
Anyways ill try to fix it.
PD: A-mart's not the problem. I remembered that i didnt use it on this rom xD

Thx 4 the help Bye!! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2010
The only limitation I found was that I could not manually repoint the hex offsets and that all Pokemon (including the ?? fillers) had to have at least one attack. I had to use PokeEditPro to fix that.

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Hi my friend. Can you tell me what are the .dll files for the tool? Because I load mi Pokemon Emerald rom and STILL DON'T WORK!!! I'm very annoyed with this tool!

Possdata: I have .NET Framework 3.5, so .NET Framework isn't the problem.

3rdcity

beautiful
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2010
I tried opening the program it said application didnt initialize properly so i reintaled it and the same thing happened please help nevermind updated .net

Last edited:

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
"YAPE DOESN'T WORK FOR ME?!??"
  • Make sure you installed all of the .NET Frameworks (it doesn't hurt doing so). Try again.
  • Get Dependency Walker, run it and open YAPE. Check for the red lines. Those files are missing (or 'edited' - like a custom uxtheme.dll). Find those files on the internet and put them in the right directory (probably system32). Try YAPE again. If it still doesn't work, reboot and try again. (If it still doesn't work, use another editor..)

Last edited:

3rdcity

beautiful
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2010
new problem i try to load any rom and it says rom configured not unitized and it wont open. i lied it works

Years
i know this is a great tool but i found some trouble when use the tool along with PEP, especially after i add new table attack, YAPE screw up all pokemon's attack table under registeel.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
how do i use this to open an already hacked rom? it seems it only works for unhacked roms and i just want to tweek a rom i got here a little.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
how do i use this to open an already hacked rom? it seems it only works for unhacked roms and i just want to tweek a rom i got here a little.

The ROM has an edited header to prevent people from screwing with their games, you'll need to change it to a header of a real pokemon game.

(It's nearly disgraceful editing others games, but I'll tell you how to fix this...)

Open up a clean ROM in RHEA (Rom Header Editor Advance, A HackMew tool) and write down all of the numbers except the checksum (Since that is changed manually.)

Now, open up the Hacked one and replace everything you see with the numbers of the clean ROM. Save it, and now YAPE SHOULD be able to open it. If not, then the person who hacked the ROM changed the location of the pokemon data, can't help you there, lol.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
hey, it's not like i'm going to change it and re-up it as my own. i'm just tweeking it for personal use. thanks for the help by the way.

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
This contains no way to increase the total number of moves a pokemon learns. If this tool could make custom sized move tables and repoint to them, that would be awesome.

Back