• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
What I do is I have a Pokémon in the first slot of my team know Fly, in my case Archeops, so that I can hatch eggs on Skyarrow Bridge. In the second slot I have a Pokémon who knows Flame Body, in my case one of the many Litwick that I've hatched. Magma Armor works as well, just like G-Money mentioned. Those abilities cut the number of steps needed to hatch an egg in half. I collect four eggs to round out my party and fly to Castelia City and ride my bike back and forth on the Skyarrow Bridge. When they all hatch I put them in the PC and get four more eggs. When I fill up a box or two in the PC I count them up (30 spots in a box) and add them to the total number that I've hatched of that specific Pokémon on a TextEdit document on my Mac computer. After I count them up I fly to Nimbasa City and go to the Gear station to show each Pokémon I hatched to the judge there to see how good the IVs are. I keep the ones who have good IVs and release the rest.

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Chikorita, G-Money.

Litwick: 1,548
Axew: 8

I have a suggestion for you Latios. You could also go left of the pokemon center in Nimbasa City, I call it the battle club but anyway save in front of the guy, and well yes it's only one specie at a time, but it's much more accurate to check IV's since they are leveled up to 50. But whatever works for you :) just a suggestion for a fellow hunter.

Years
What I do is I have a Pokémon in the first slot of my team know Fly, in my case Archeops, so that I can hatch eggs on Skyarrow Bridge. In the second slot I have a Pokémon who knows Flame Body, in my case one of the many Litwick that I've hatched. Magma Armor works as well, just like G-Money mentioned. Those abilities cut the number of steps needed to hatch an egg in half. I collect four eggs to round out my party and fly to Castelia City and ride my bike back and forth on the Skyarrow Bridge. When they all hatch I put them in the PC and get four more eggs. When I fill up a box or two in the PC I count them up (30 spots in a box) and add them to the total number that I've hatched of that specific Pokémon on a TextEdit document on my Mac computer. After I count them up I fly to Nimbasa City and go to the Gear station to show each Pokémon I hatched to the judge there to see how good the IVs are. I keep the ones who have good IVs and release the rest.

Thanks for the amazing reply! But when I use a Litwick with Flame Body it seems that it only effects the eggs closest, are you sure that it effects the whole party?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
GAH!!! I just SRed over a shiny Chikorita!!! Darn it, I was SRing too fast! The bright pinkness was blatantly obvious as soon as I saw it, but my finger had already pushed the button.

MetalMario is going to kill me. :o

I'm sorry to hear that -- I hope you reclaim yours soon! You could do a race with MetalElectric cos he SRd over his too :p (actually it was a Cynda)

Hello all, no luck on shinies so far for July, but I AM trying the july jam thing :P (not going to tell which one I'm going for)

Haha same here =P Don't give up -- the month just began!

im working on charmander again, getting very frustrated but im hoping it shines soon.

never give up on an hunt! GL!

Route 3 hunting. 400 RES and counting without a shiny.

I hope you get yours soon although don't give up, most people take like 15k for it (don't get discouraged either)

I always take longer than I need to with SRs just so this will never happen.

haha same here! :p

And yeah people I actually came here to say I just have a 2 month drought. And I have like 1k eggs for Taillow... >.< But yeah I hope you get your shinies soon! GL everyone! :D

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I have a suggestion for you Latios. You could also go left of the pokemon center in Nimbasa City, I call it the battle club but anyway save in front of the guy, and well yes it's only one specie at a time, but it's much more accurate to check IV's since they are leveled up to 50. But whatever works for you :) just a suggestion for a fellow hunter.

That's something that I plan on doing later on with the ones that I checked in the Battle Subway that I already know have a perfect IV or two to see what the rest of the IVs are. I use the Battle Subway to quickly weed out the bad ones.

Lake of Retro: It works for all eggs you have with you, not just the close ones.

Litwick: 1,590

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Congratz to everyone on their shinies!

My hunt on panpour is giving me the ****s! Not sure how many Im up to on it but i know its atleast 1000, but hey its less reliable then MM and im still under what Latios has for his litwicks :P

DarkraiDaviz

Darkrai Master
Years
So I went on a road trip for the 4th of July and I did somehwhere around 14 hours of breeding lol. I got around 400 eggs from that! I gotta say though it's pretty dull going back and fourth and back and fourth..... BUT IM NOT COMPLAINING because its so exhilarating when you finally get a shiny!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
G-Money... Shiny mew and celebi can definitely be legit even if they're really hard to obtain. (Mew from SRing in Emerald via old map & celebi from Japanese Colosseum bonus disc)

On other news.... July Jam is officially over :shocked:

snapshot2pc.jpg

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Cranidos, 2Cool4Mewtwo! Btw, the gen 4 Pokémon for July Jam is Cresselia, not Cranidos, so it's far from over.

Litwick: 1,601
Axew: 39

The Axews that I'm hatching are terrible in many ways, so it may be awhile before I hatch a good one. Bronzor will be my next target after Axew.

Tails05

It's Electric!
Years
I would like to join!

Name: Tails05
Shines I've found before: Tentacool, Gyarados (Both Diamond)
Games I have:
Diamond and White
Reason for joining: Shiny hunting sounds really fun, I would love to have my own collection.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to find and catch shinies? So far all of mine have been from random encounters.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Congrats, 2Cool! (other people can still get one, though! :P)

I would like to join!

Name: Tails05
Shines I've found before: Tentacool, Gyarados (Both Diamond)
Games I have:
Diamond and White
Reason for joining: Shiny hunting sounds really fun, I would love to have my own collection.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to find and catch shinies? So far all of mine have been from random encounters.

Welcome to the club! Another popular form of shiny hunting is soft reseting: save in front of a starter/legendary/Pokemon that's given to you and check its summary to see if it's shiny. If not, hit L, R, Start, and Select at the same time, and it'll restart your game to where you last saved. Do that until you have a shiny!

Good luck!

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
latios- i can get you an axew that likes to thrash and should have good speed ivs (most of mine have had over 25) as well if you want.

no luck on charmander still though. i might have to start over on my other fire red now as well and break out my gba micro.

Years
Hey guys, just an update, I've been SR'ing for a Hoenn Starter all day yesterday and today, still no luck. I think I've gone through about 5000 starters, when do you think they'll shine? :) Good luck to everyones hunts!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Congrats on the shiny Cranidos, 2Cool4Mewtwo! Btw, the gen 4 Pokémon for July Jam is Cresselia, not Cranidos, so it's far from over.
That was last month, wasn't it? Look at the main page again...

Congrats, 2Cool! (other people can still get one, though! :P)
Oh, event doesn't stop when anybody gets it? Oh well, good to have more than 1 winner if that becomes the case anyways :)

And I have another secret target now... whether it be RE, SR, or MM egg hatching.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Hey guys, just an update, I've been SR'ing for a Hoenn Starter all day yesterday and today, still no luck. I think I've gone through about 5000 starters, when do you think they'll shine? :) Good luck to everyones hunts!

Are you hunting on Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? If Emerald, stop! You might never get it. If Ruby or Sapphire, keep going! I'm sure you'll get a shiny soon. ;)

That was last month, wasn't it? Look at the main page again...

Yeah, there was a bit of a mix-up with the contest. Landorus hadn't posted or even logged on to PC in over 25 days, so I wasn't really expecting him to update the contest. I made one, but I didn't see that he had edited the second post with a new one, which leaves two right now. Landorus's is the official one.

Sorry about that.

Oh, event doesn't stop when anybody gets it? Oh well, good to have more than 1 winner if that becomes the case anyways :)

It's whoever gets the most. Say two people each get 1 and another person gets 2: the person with 2 would be the winner.

2971 Palkia

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
News
For anyone with a Japanese Black and White, you can go through Mystery Gift and get a Shiny Golurk and Shiny Hydreigon!​

Changed my hunt to White Forest because so few people hunt there..also got the Golurk and Hydreigon.

I am just walking around in there now to see what Pokemon exist there for me. So far I have encountered:

Magby, Mareep, Wurmple, Happiny, Slakoth, Hoppip, Bellsprout, Aron, Ralts, and Azurill.

What's nice about this is that I can keep track of my encounters through my Trainer Card. :D I also have my lucky charm in my party (Shiny Exploud.)

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
latios- i can get you an axew that likes to thrash and should have good speed ivs (most of mine have had over 25) as well if you want.

no luck on charmander still though. i might have to start over on my other fire red now as well and break out my gba micro.

Thanks for the offer, but I just got one that has a good speed IV today on one that is also Jolly and has Mold Breaker, which is what I'm looking for in nature and ability. It's not a perfect 31 though, so I'll still hatch some more. So far I've hatched 63.

2Cool4Mewtwo: Sorry about that. I didn't see that Landorus posted a different list compared to what G-Money posted.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Thanks for the offer, but I just got one that has a good speed IV today on one that is also Jolly and has Mold Breaker, which is what I'm looking for in nature and ability. It's not a perfect 31 though, so I'll still hatch some more. So far I've hatched 63.

2Cool4Mewtwo: Sorry about that. I didn't see that Landorus posted a different list compared to what G-Money posted.

Since there was some confusion on our part, the Pokemon from either of our lists will count for the contest.

Years
What's nice about this is that I can keep track of my encounters through my Trainer Card. :D I also have my lucky charm in my party (Shiny Exploud.)

Is that Black and White where you can see how many encounters you've done? Because I can't see/find it.

Are you hunting on Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald? If Emerald, stop! You might never get it. If Ruby or Sapphire, keep going! I'm sure you'll get a shiny soon. ;)

Heart Gold, and thank you, hopefully today. :)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Hey guys :P so after starting to record SRs I am at 870 for my Snivy. Plus the many I had before starting to record the numbers! Good luck to everyone!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Is that Black and White where you can see how many encounters you've done? Because I can't see/find it.

Go to your Trainer Card. Click the "<--->" button at the bottom. Touch and hold onto where it says "Adventure Started" and drag up.

Back