• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2013 TV Season

Guy

just a guy
Years
Calling out all TV addicts, hibernation is almost over!

September marks the end of that gross dry spell that lurks over TV networks during the summer months with the return of old favorite TV shows and the premiere of many new ones. Every year we go through the same cycle and by the end of it we usually come out with a number of shows, both old and new, that we watch religiously every week.

So, much like last year's Fall TV thread, what returning shows are you most excited for and what new shows have you heard about this past summer that has peaked your interest? Also, because it happens, what shows from last year have you decided to drop this year? Do you watch so much that you have to make a schedule just to keep track of the shows you follow (if so, then please share)? Are there any shows you're a little sad to start back again because it's coming to its final season / episodes?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm half-looking forward to The Walking Dead coming back. Mainly I just want the current plot to be wrapped up because I've grown to hate it. Hopefully the next major plot won't involve Andrea as much because she single-handedly hurts my opinion of the show as a whole.

In terms of new things, I'd really like to watch Once Upon a Time in Wonderland since I'm a huge fan of Alice stories. I like the idea behind Sleepy Hollow but I'm not going to watch it because I hate Fox and I remember wincing hard during an ad for it because of racial humor.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
How I Met Your Mother is one of the shows I'm mostly looking forward to. At this point I'm glad it's finally at its final season. Arrow and Supernatural are other returning shows I'm glad to see returning, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Supernatural's final season as well (thank god). Other shows that I'm also looking forward to are Bones, and The Big Bang Theory.

As far as new shows: Sleepy Hollow, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The former I'm curious about, and the latter I'm pretty excited about!

And I don't know if this counts, but I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special coming November 23rd.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm half-looking forward to The Walking Dead coming back. Mainly I just want the current plot to be wrapped up because I've grown to hate it. Hopefully the next major plot won't involve Andrea as much because she single-handedly hurts my opinion of the show as a whole.

I'm not sure where I stand with The Walking Dead. I enjoyed the first and second seasons but season three felt really repetitive and predictable.

It also turned Rick in to a foul character, which made any parts of the episode revolving around him to be increasingly tedious.

Season three's only redeeming feature with Michonne. Great acting and an interesting, likable (but not too likable) character.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm almost done with TWD (6 episodes leeeeeeft), so I am very much looking forward to Season 4 like most of you all. <3 However, I am gonna give myself another try at watching TV shows this season. One show that piqued my interest was Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I am looking forward to that as well. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
In terms of new stuff, I'm probably going to wait it out a little bit and see what the critical consensus thinks is worth a shot after 6-or-so episodes. However, I'm probably going to hop back on the Community train now that Dan Harmon is back and Chevy Chase has gone. Reduced Donald Glover won't be great, but I do hope it'll be back to its glory days of seasons 1-3, as opposed to zombie Community of season 4.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm not sure where I stand with The Walking Dead. I enjoyed the first and second seasons but season three felt really repetitive and predictable.

It also turned Rick in to a foul character, which made any parts of the episode revolving around him to be increasingly tedious.

Season three's only redeeming feature with Michonne. Great acting and an interesting, likable (but not too likable) character.

I'm not too okay with the fact that the whole survival aspect has been put in the background in favor of petty squabbling that can be found on any show. During the entirety of season 3 I kept watching every week with hopes that the plot would show signs of ending the storyline early and focusing on something genuinely entertaining, but it never did. God help me if that feeling drives me through this upcoming season.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well this is gonna be a pretty long list u_u

Shows ending their run before the fall season:
  • Breaking Bad (as sad as I am to see it go, I'm happy that they've decided to give it a proper close instead of stringing it on for years. That would have been terrible tbh).
  • Burn Notice (basically the same as above).

Returning Shows:
  • NCIS
  • NCIS Los Angeles
  • Hawaii Five O
  • White Collar
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Supernatural
  • Pokemon (with Pokemon XY I mean)
  • The Mentalist
  • Arrow
  • Teen Wolf
  • Homeland
  • Sons of Anarchy

Red = Dying to see.

New Shows: (This list is pretty long, so understand that I will simply be trying these shows out. A few episodes in and I'll have filtered them down to like 1/6 or something.
  • FOX
    • Almost Human
    • Sleepy Hollow
    • 24: Live Another Day

• USA Network
    • Horizon

• CBS
    • Hostages
    • Intelligence

• The CW
    • The 100
    • The Tomorrow People
    • Star-Crossed
    • The Originals

• NBC
    • Crossing Lines
    • Dracula
    • Crossbones
    • The Blacklist
    • Ironside

• ABC
    • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • Resurrection

• AMC
    • Ballistic City
    • Rights of Bill

• HBO
    • Dark Tower
    • Indie Game
    • American Gods

• FX
    • Tyrant
    • The Strain

• SyFy
    • Killer Contact

• Starz
    • Vlad Dracula
    • Black Sails

• TNT
    • The Last Ship
    • King and Maxwell

• Showtime
    • The Vatican

• Lifetime
    • Witches of East End

Years
Aside from TWD and Sons of Anarchy, I'm really only interested in seeing the return of Mad Men, but that's not until 2014. /sadface

These, however, I think I'll give a shot.

NBC

• Dracula
  • Ironside

ABA
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
AMC

◦The Walking Dead

FX

◦It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
◦The League

NBC

◦The Michael J Fox Show

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I would love to say that I'll be watching the newest season of White Collar but alas I'm a season behind because of netflix. NCIS I love but I've never kept up to date on that show so that's kind of a no go as well. That said, since I'm not too much of a TV watcher, there is really only one show that I'm going to try to keep up with this fall season and that's Once Upon a Time. Might also give Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and see how that is as well. And, if worst comes to worst and I end up not being able to keep up to date on these ones then at least with the former I can watch it when it comes out on netflix.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming slew of shows returning and premiering this fall. I've already got three of them starting up next week. Unlike most years though, there's only two shows I'm anxiously looking forward to watching this season: Revenge and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Some can argue that Revenge hit a bit of a sophomore slump last season with its storyline becoming more complicated than the first and Emily getting distracted from her main mission. However, it managed to repair itself near the end and close the season with a bomb drop. With all of that and everything I've been hearing about its third season, I couldn't be more excited!

I've been looking forward to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from the minute I heard Joss Whedon was working on it late of last year. Joss Whedon is like the god behind television and I can't wait to see his handiwork back on the small screen again. Plus, from the great work he's done with the first Avengers movie, I'm anxious to see how he interprets S.H.I.E.L.D. into an ongoing television series. No doubt it's the most highly anticipated new show of the season.

I'm also excited for The Walking Dead to be back again. Despite being completely disappointed by the Season 3 finale, I have my hopes up for Season 4. More importantly, I'm really just looking forward to more Michonne. American Horror Story: Coven is also another that I can't wait to premiere. The original AHS was good, the second even better. My excitement can't be contained for the third knowing it's going to be centered on witches.

Probably the only show I'm iffy upon returning is Once Upon A Time. I'm more looking forward to its spin-off (OUAT in Wonderland) than I am for the parent show. Last season, Once started off strong only to fall in its second half and end with a pretty poor finale. I'm hoping with more focus on the main characters this season, it'll get back to its season one glory. More importantly, an evil Peter Pan and Ariel the Little Mermaid!

A few other shows I'm pretty excited about:

Arrow

Awkward.
Grimm
Nikita (Sooooo sad this will be its last season)

Parenthood
Person of Interest
Scandal

The Originals
The Tomorrow People
The Vampire Diaries
Witches of East End

As for my television schedule, well, it looks a little something like this:

Note: Italicized titles are new shows premiering this fall. Therefore, should they fail to hold my interest or are cancelled early on, they may be removed from the list.

Sunday
Once Upon A Time
Revenge
The Walking Dead
Witches of East End

Monday
Almost Human
Sleepy Hollow
Blacklist

Hostages

Tuesday

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
The Originals
Ravenswood

New Girl
The Mindy Project
Person of Interest
Awkward.

Wednesday
Arrow
Revolution
The Tomorrow People
Modern Family
Super Fun Night
American Horror Story: Coven

Thursday
The Vampire Diaries
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland
The Crazy Ones
The Michael J. Fox Show

Parenthood
Scandal

Friday
Nikita
Last Man Standing
Grimm
Dracula

Saturday

Pokémon: The Series X and Y

Did I mention I watch a lot of television? Thank the TV Gods for DVR.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Artemis! AHS: Coven, I totally forgot about it until just now and realised there has been a few more teasers.

Can't wait, one of the best teams behind that show, the last two seasons were phenomenal.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Super excited for:

American Horror Story: Coven (Season 3)
The Vampire Diaries (Season 5)
Revenge (Season 3)
*The Originals (Season 1)
*The Tomorrow People (Season 1)

* = Series Premieres

That's about it for now. I dont even have TV access at my dorm right now so not sure if I will be able to even catch these when they air ;-;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Well I'm in the UK so "Fall" translates to December onwards for us mostly. Really looking forward to Agents of SHIELD (we're actually getting that at the end of this month), Homeland Series 3 and HIMYM final series. Oh, and Revenge. There's something that strangely compels me to watch it despite a lack of comedy (obviously) and action in most episodes.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well I'm in the UK so "Fall" translates to December onwards for us mostly. Really looking forward to Agents of SHIELD (we're actually getting that at the end of this month), Homeland Series 3 and HIMYM final series. Oh, and Revenge. There's something that strangely compels me to watch it despite a lack of comedy (obviously) and action in most episodes.
Revenge is just as compelling as it is well written, with a slew of interesting characters that you either love to hate or you can't help rooting for. It's fun to watch Emily Thorne extract her revenge on those wealthy people of the Hamptons. Plus, Nolan is there for the lighter humor and Victoria for her quick and snarky one liners. I was never sure if I would like it until I decided to check out the Pilot episode then night it premiered due to all the hype, and I'm so glad I did! I'm anxiously awaiting Season Three's premiere. A lot of good things are happening in it I heard.

Also added Hostages to the list of new shows I'm going to check out. A lot of critics seem to be praising it, so I'm willing to see what all the good hype is about. The main premise is interesting as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't know what shows are going to be on this season, so I'm just basing this off of your post, Shivi.

The shows that I'm going to be watching this season are Once Upon a Time, Revenge, The Originals, Ravenswood, American Horror Story, The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, and Nikita.

Reactions: Guy

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
To be honest, I'm not really excited about any of the freshman shows. I was excited for Hello Ladies but it got panned hard by the critics, so meh. Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Michael J. Fox Show looks like the next best thing at the moment, so I'll have to check that out. As for the returning shows, I can't wait for New Girl. I need my Schmidt fix!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
My Fall season is pretty low:
Bones
Sleepy Hollow
Psych
Revolution
The Following
Elementary

Shows I'm willing to try:
Agents of Shield (Not interested in sup. heros much, but if Joss writes it, he does write?)
Almost Human
The Tommorow People (By that I mean, looking up the U.K version instead.)
Believe

Got to get caught up on:
Copper
Under the Dome
Pretty Little Liars (For Ravenswood)

I don't take any comedies seriously enough to make a weekly spot for them.

Last edited:
Back