• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

January Stats

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Apologies for the delay, I typically try for these on weekends and my last one was pretty full on and also lacking in internet.

There's a new image here which I'll be including regularly. Next month I'll include a comparison with the stats for the month last year, given we just hit one year now. Let me know what else you want to see with stats!

The Raw Numbers
January total views: 262,831 (December: 444,614, November: 551,091)
January total visitors: 172,900 (December: 295,818, November: 350,917)
January average views/day: 8,478 (December: 14,342, November: 18,370)
Daily High Score: 13,468 (Best ever: 78,064 views, December: 20,522)
Lowest Score (for a full day): 4,425 (December: 11,017, November: 1,282)

Image of hits/day:
Spoiler:

The SM guide effect has faded now post Christmas, unsurprisingly. The articles are still up there, just below their heyday. However we had a peak late Jan, thanks to the release of Pokemon Duel! Yes, that had more views than anything about Bank, go figure. (Not that articles on that topic did badly either, mind! Gave us the nice bump on the 25th and thereafter.

Next image is new!
Spoiler:

It's the same as above but gives a better indication of how each week went compared to the previous. Underlines the Pokemon Duel and Bank effect. We need to start focusing on other sorts of articles now given that only lasts so long too.

Articles visited since start of month until 1st Feb:
Spoiler:
(Note that articles posted in the month have the orange tab to the left. Those with < 50 hits in the month were cut for image size.)

Pokemon Duel Guide hit third even with the late month release, overtaking a bunch of the SM guide articles in the process. Bank article on the RBY pokemon transfer also went down rather well, and better than the news articles on Bank!

TCG promo article also grabbed attention, as did the SM patch and battle spot news articles. Over 300 people want an Alolan Husband and a Mega Stone for proposals, and people also like reading about bans.

As for older articles, the Yanmega BREAK article got pretty much the same number of views (actually a bit more) as in December - quite steady! Home page has gone down; again with just less views in the month this makes sense.

Google-specific stats ('clicks' = views, lower than total stats):
Spoiler:

Check out that spike in Clicks compared to Impressions!

Pokemon Duel ranked well from google, better than SM pokemon location queries with clicks. The rest of the top 50 are a mix of SM and Duel search terms seen before.

Search engines terms (what people put in anything but Google to get to the magazine.
Spoiler:
(Removed those that gave <5 clicks.)

From non-google sources SM search terms dominated.

Google search terms by clickthrough rate (CTR; top 50):
Spoiler:
See above.

The funny and weird searches (that got clicks, and including google) include:
ghosts den hau by ed house
mission gide pokemon sun
ugly arceac
ball shop pokemon moo [two clicks for this and above!]
i anyone put u as vip in pokemon sun and they steel your pokemon how u get it back
spillsjappa
how to invite people from your frinds list into your festifal plaza pomkemon moon
cono criar uma room match no pokemon duel
when will the pokemon bank update
when do you learn stomp on bounce
alola new ha
confuse rat festival plaza
on one side, we have toucannon, a slow but hard-hitting pokémon.

Google's top clicked pages (top 50):
Spoiler:
Duel Guide came out top in Google searches! So ~30,000 views for the alola dex article (compared to only ~5,000 for the Festival Plaza guide) did not come from Google, interestingly - people have it in their browser history/bookmarked or find it through PC, perhaps?

Referrers (what sites people came from to visit the magazine):
Spoiler:
Google as usual. Facebook and Reddit followed by Twitter were also significant.

Clicks (links clicked in articles)
Spoiler:

Country breakdown:
Spoiler:
US on top.

Last edited:
Back