The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Fifth Generation
Did you feel connected to Unova?

Fifth Generation Black, White, Black 2, White 2

Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:39 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Unova in the Fifth Gen games has quite an enormous atmosphere; we ventured through the rather large Castelia city, to history-filled Opelucid city, and even significant locations like the Desert Ruins, and the dragonspiral tower.

But despite all that, did you ever feel like you were a part of Unova, or did you feel like you were a constant stranger due to the atmosphere? Feel free to share any thoughts!

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:55 AM).
Cooler than Cooler

Nature: Adamant
When I first played through White, I did feel kinda lost in Unova, with the massive cities and vast areas that took a bit of exploring. But now having played Gen 5 quite a bit, the region has really grown on me and has become one of my favourite regions and I really love areas like Dragonspiral Tower and the White Forest.

Luna x ThePokeFanSophia
Old 3 Days Ago (3:34 PM).

It took a while but it has grown on me now that I know the whole map
Old 3 Days Ago (4:12 PM).
☕ milk tea & 💻 code.

I feel like I need to replay Gen V honestly. It's my most disliked version out of them all, so much so that I didn't even finish B/W (first time I've ever not played a Pokemon game to completion!) and never bought B/W2 (much to my regret, they're now a fortune to try and buy the cartridges for!).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, no, I didn't feel any connection to the region at all.

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
sun diaryplatinum diary
Old 3 Days Ago (7:21 PM).
Pokemon Veteran

Nature: Calm
Yes, pokemon bw was the peak of my pokemon excitement. All of my friends used to talk and play it, we watched all the anime, and collected the cards. I remember when I first went to skyarrow bridge following with the massive castelia city...it was great. Good times

it also introduced my favorite pokemon.
Old 3 Days Ago (8:01 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
Yes, pokemon bw was the peak of my pokemon excitement. All of my friends used to talk and play it, we watched all the anime, and collected the cards. I remember when I first went to skyarrow bridge following with the massive castelia city...it was great. Good times

it also introduced my favorite pokemon.
Personally BW was my rock bottom (although XY challenges it). it wasn't until BW2 that I really fell in love with Unova.
Old 3 Days Ago (7:05 AM).
Now stand up and begin

I wouldn't say I ever felt connected - that's happened to me with Hoenn and Sinnoh due to a long period where Diamond and Emerald were my only games. I actually enjoy the lack of clarity whenever I replay Black - similar to an extent to HeartGold except that one's post-game is in a familiar region.

Black 2 though, that fills me with a deep-centred feeling of outrage. I bought it when it had barely been out a year, yet already the online capabilities were gone - as you can't see Rufflet in it and I'd bought it as a direct sequel to Black in order to get the best continuity I had no way of importing one, then I can't get even get to the Nature Reserve - not being able to complete the pokédex is the norm for me (except for when HgSs was new and I actually got close to fully completing the National 'dex, including event legends), but lost functionality, particularly that soon on because they were forcing the 3DS on us, really ticked me off and is arguably one of the reasons Gen V is so far my last one.
Old 3 Days Ago (7:08 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
I remember when I first went to skyarrow bridge following with the massive castelia city...it was great. Good times
Skyarrow bridge is wonderful. One of the best sequences of the game is running across it
Old 3 Days Ago (12:13 PM).
The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
I did feel connected with this region. I loved black and white, even more black 2 and white 2, and I payed the hacks purewhite and pitchblack too. So counting this, I played the games at least 6 times... (didn't finished purewhite and pitchblack tho, those games were hard! but amazing). It's one of the generation I played more, I loved many of the pokemon, the map, everything. It's a shame it didn't get the attention I think it needed. Black 2 and white 2 had the best postgame imo.

~ Hello People ~
Old 2 Days Ago (1:00 PM).
pastel babyboy

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to sumire Send a message via Skype™ to sumire
i absolutely loved the scenery and it's beauty, and thinking about it, i probably did have some sort of connection to it. i just loved it so much and i just got a thrill whenever i played the game.

"I can't help falling in love with you."
tumblr [sometimes nsfw]
paired to this cutie
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links