The PokéCommunity Forums Off Topic Discussions A New Leaf
Group Language Learners

A New Leaf If you've got a goal or resolution for the week, month, or entire year, or if you're looking for advice on how to accomplish your goals, then stop on in and get inspired!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:13 AM).
Gyao?

Nature: Hardy
For the Japanese learners struggling with meanings of kanji and parts of sentences, I recommend jisho.org and alc.co.jp. You can put an entire sentence in Jisho and it deconstructs it and gives the meaning for each part of the sentence. Very handy, but sometimes it deconstructs a bit too much and it does not always catch onto spoken language and idioms. For that, alc.co.jp is very useful because it does take these things in account. Paste a part of a sentence into it and most of the time you will get an accurate translation. These tools are really helping me out.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 6 Days Ago (8:19 AM).
Gyao?

An update: it's been a week since my new Spanish classes started, and it's already a pain in the ass... We are required to hand in these writing assignments and hold conversations with actual Spanish speakers about some topic every week. I've lost a lot of my fluency and I'm lacking in both that and my vocabulary compared to the others, so I am struggling already. First test is next week and I still don't know a good way to cram all these Spanish words in my head once and for all... Agh, I better be fluent in Spanish before the summer.
Old 5 Days Ago (3:17 PM).

I could help you with your Spanish, I am a native speaker and I had to teach Spanish to Americans twice.
Old 4 Days Ago (4:58 AM).
Gyao?

Thank you for offering, I might contact you if I ever need it. :) Yesterday's class made some thing more clear to me and I feel like I have a better understanding of grammar now... I also had my first video conversation today. My brain was fried at the end, I've never had to talk that much Spanish. x_x
Old 2 Days Ago (4:25 PM).
My daddy's got a tazor.

Nature: Naive
CharnaySeba, that's a really cool idea. What if everyone on here who wants to learn a specific language could connect with the others? Sort of like a pen pal idea?
Old 2 Days Ago (8:09 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurevesque View Post
CharnaySeba, that's a really cool idea. What if everyone on here who wants to learn a specific language could connect with the others? Sort of like a pen pal idea?
That would be the coolest idea, I can offer my knowledge in Spanish Language (three years studying to be a Spanish teacher and almost a year studying Translation and Interpretation). Just contact me if you need some help.
Old 1 Day Ago (11:14 PM).
Pokemon Veteran

Nature: Calm
I signed up for French this year in high school, and I will continue it next year.

I can do this: J'mapelle Alex, j'ai quinze ans, J'aime Pokemon.

I am fluent in english and spanish already.
Old 18 Hours Ago (6:14 PM).
My daddy's got a tazor.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
I signed up for French this year in high school, and I will continue it next year.

I can do this: J'mapelle Alex, j'ai quinze ans, J'aime Pokemon.

I am fluent in english and spanish already.
Sweet, another francophonie. Enchante, Alex. PM/VM me if you want to start a conversation. I think you'll find that once you know Spanish, French and the other Romantic languages are much easier to pick up.

Sponsored Links