• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
Just so you know, my second question didn't get answered beforehand. It was my biggest one, and please look at the screen shots. I will be in debt to anyone who solves it, thank you!

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
Years
does anyone know why this happens.
i got a sprite sheet with the OverWorld i wanted,i index them with infraview, save them as .BMP.everything goes normal but when i open them in paint i crop to the size of one OW (for each frame)when i go to save them they turn out grayscaled.idk why.If anyone can help me it would be greatfuly appreciated.

--------
~Fury
--------

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
How do you insert animated tiles?

Is there a different program other than animeditor?

what layout does the image of the animation need, all next to eachother or a 1 pixel gap between each frame?

I have animeditor and when I try to load my animation it doesn't load :/

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
Does anyone know the cry list?
The cry of a pokemon to insert in a script.. :x

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Alright, I've got a problem. I don't know how to get the Ice Tile in Firered to work. Can anyone tell me how these work?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is the script in the room? I've already checked the behaviour bytes >_>
Have you tired to check the level script?

Alright, I've got a problem. I don't know how to get the Ice Tile in Firered to work. Can anyone tell me how these work?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is the script in the room? I've already checked the behaviour bytes >_>
Have you tried to check the level script?

Last edited:

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Have you tired to check the level script?

Have you tried to check the level script?

That was actually the first thing I did. Me and a friend found out that one level script is used for the animation, while another one actually determines what map you fall in. I just can't seem to get the level scripts to work in another room.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
When I insert a Pokemon Trainer into Misty, (with unlz), it says it's too big. So then I get the offset with FSF and put it it, but when I test the battle, the screen is black. ='[ Any help?

Years
I was editing the connections of my maps, as the new maps had totally different connections. I had to edit the offset, and luckily I got it right off the bat. However, the game glitches when I try to re-enter the first map. I can go from the first to the second fine, but trying to return causes the game to freeze and the screen to go all weird (palettes change and everything just... Glitches). This has happened before, but was usually fixed by simply editing the Zero Out number (from 0000 to 0080, though I have no idea what it does). That didn't work this time. Can anyone help me fix it?

simonrule18

Iwant to create my own pokemon
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
please help me how i can translate pokemon ruby to arabic with tilemolester

Years
So.. I've got a warp in my cave map, Magmor Cave. Now, there's two sections. I put a warp on a ladder (Going down one.) When I test it in VBA, the screen just goes black when I warp. Can somebody help?

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
How do you insert animated tiles?

Is there a different program other than animeditor?

what layout does the image of the animation need, all next to eachother or a 1 pixel gap between each frame?

I have animeditor and when I try to load my animation it doesn't load :/

Please answer, I really need to know all about animated tiles.

I also have 2 other questions:-

1) How would I go about making a script that checks if you have a certain pokemon in your party and if you do then it deletes that pokemon from your party?

2) Is it possible to do setmaptile for a different map than the one the script is in? if so how? is it like this-
setmaptile 0xmapfolder 0xmapnumber 0xXco-ordinate 0xYco-ordinate 0xtileoffset 0xmovementpermission

Last edited:

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
I've recently learned that the script editor I was using (PKSV - UI) is outdated. I have downloaded XSE. I have also herd of something called ASM. I have searched for it in the forums, but I get everything from hacks showcase to pretty much anything that doesn't seem related. Can anyone lead me to some info on "ASM" and XSE? I have also been looking for "script templates" for XSE. Finally, Where can I get an advanced scripting tutorial? All the tuts I have found just teach how to create a simple message. I can do that, but how do I combine a message with receiving an item and etc.?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
2) Is it possible to do setmaptile for a different map than the one the script is in? if so how? is it like this-
setmaptile 0xmapfolder 0xmapnumber 0xXco-ordinate 0xYco-ordinate 0xtileoffset 0xmovementpermission
No. But you can achieve something similar with a level script. There are tutorials for setting these up.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
No. But you can achieve something similar with a level script. There are tutorials for setting these up.

A little elaboration; basically, what you do is, where you want it to change the tiles in another map, you set a var or flag (the former is more preferred, doesn't waste a flag as you're going to use a var anyway in the level script) and that will be the one that lets the level script run. Said level script will be of the Setmaptile type and will, well, set map tiles.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm trying to insert a custom sprite using Archie's palette (by just taking his PNG and editing it around) and I try to insert it, but it just looks messed up. It's still 16-colour indexed, so what's the problem? Background is the same, everything is normal (on original).

File uploaded here because Imageshack does not like me. Censored.

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
Is there a way to change the champion and elite four's pokemon?

Where can I find the OW Size Chnager/Resizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back