• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Pre-alpha bugs/other things that have been fixed:
-You can choose Picture Two now and not appear as a Leaf recolor. Hurrah!
-When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
-Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
-You are no longer able to get "stuck" in the hidden room within Golden Trail.
-A few small movement permission/tile errors have been found and corrected.
-The Tangle Thicket puzzle gives you a hint to make it easier to try and solve.
-The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
-There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
-Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.
-Flash-born (wild pokemon) levels have been raised to be more challenging.

Bugs that still exist in the game include occasional strange errors with Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot (the image that appears when she speaks), and text boxes that sometimes appear for just a split seconds when the Hero warps.

Are these fixes planned or already applied to the download?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
This game is amazing! It's like FF and Pokemon all rolled up in one! :D

This is a really original hack. The story, the graphics, the dungeons; EVERYTHING in this game is unique. I can't wait for the actual alpha to come out; I'm really anxious to see what happens next.

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
This hack looks amazing! I can't wait for the official alpha version to be released! This is such an intuitive hack!

Years
Completed the game and I must say it was good . Found many tile errors and stuff but realized its just a pre-alpha so leaved that thought. Please continue this hack as it is one of its kind in Pokecommunity

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Got bad news for you all :( I WAS doing my damnedest to release the alpha today - a task that took a LOT of work and not nearly enough sleep or food over the past couple days - but when I actually sat down and play tested, I found a severe bug that freezes the game immediately after the intro :( I have to go to a fairly old backup in order to try and fix it, but as soon as I do I WILL get that alpha out, I promise!

I swear, I could feel my heart plummet when the game crashed on me like that. I hope you can all bear with me....but in the meantime, I can offer a few screens to make up for it.

Image128.png

Hey, it's Tara!

Image129.png

Rowan - formerly known as Aspen - and the mysterious Ozymandias...

Image130.png

Hmm, what's this place?

Image131.png

This "dungeon" is made up of four chambers of increasingly difficult Sokoban puzzles (as hard as they can be with a single "box", at least, which is all I've managed to figure out how to script so far). Solve them to get to the center chamber, where...

Image132.png

It's this Rowan dork again. He battles you. It's hard.

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hai there, I am quite new to this thread so I am not really very angry that you couldn't release an alpha. I have seen some of your videos prolly back in 2011 or early 2012. They were awesome, needless to say. Your designing is good and as far as I can remember, the mapping and definitely the scripting is good. This hack feels so simple yet so intense. I like it alot, good luck on it ^^

Years
Thats good that you are here again as I thoght you are gone for a long time. Very sorry to hear about your efforts which were ruined. Hopefully those stupid problems are over for your sake.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
My apologies about the ROM screwing up like that. Boy do I know that feeling.... =_=

Anyway the screenshots look really good and I can't wait for the alpha! :D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Finally, after a bit of a delay, the Super Rising Thunder! Alpha release is here!

What's in the Alpha?

-Everything you saw in the Pre-Alpha!
-A complete Golden Trail, a new Mini-Dungeon, and a second full dungeon, Blackriver! (all that's missing is the tail end of a cutscene).
-Previously unrevealed dialogue and the full scripts all those screenshots came from :D
-Less bugs!
-Multi-stone Sokoban! (I figured out how to script it in the least cheater-friendly way possible)
-No more Jersey Quest cameos in the intro. In fact, the intro is gone entirely.

*Bug Fixes/Additions from the Pre-Alpha:
-When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
-Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
-The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
-There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
-Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.

Well, what about the bugs?

-There are still a few small issues with warps as of Alpha 2. Sometimes, when you warp to another map, a dialogue box pops up for a split second, or your character may randomly take a step. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It does not break the game in any way.
-Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot is still prone to glitching.
-Some minor dialogue boxes may not have been changed yet (I caught all the ones I could, but a few may have slipped past!) If you notice any relics from Jersey Quest or the original Ruby ROM, please tell me. :)

The ROM is locked for fairly obvious reasons - one puzzle is already easily exploitable with savestate cheating (Though I hope you won't do that. Sucks the fun out ^^' ); and I don't want people going in to Advance Map to see where all the items and traps and healing spots are, and to simply cheat their way through. Cheating will severely diminish the fun :(

Anyway, there you have it! This is a .UPS file, so if you do not know how to patch one of these, read this: http://www.ehow.com/how_10043236_apply-ups-patches-gba-rom.html , and download the UPS Patcher here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/ . You need a Ruby (AXVE) ROM.

May your holidays be merry and bright, and I hope you enjoy FINALLY having a proper Alpha! :D Please point out any and all bugs or tile errors I may have missed, and to leave general concrit and/or praise. You guys are why I ROM hack still after all, despite how busy I can get!

Years
Finally, after a bit of a delay, the Super Rising Thunder! Alpha release is here!

What's in the Alpha?

-Everything you saw in the Pre-Alpha!
-A complete Golden Trail, a new Mini-Dungeon, and a second full dungeon, Blackriver! (all that's missing is the tail end of a cutscene).
-Previously unrevealed dialogue and the full scripts all those screenshots came from :D
-Less bugs!
-Multi-stone Sokoban! (I figured out how to script it in the least cheater-friendly way possible)
-No more Jersey Quest cameos in the intro. In fact, the intro is gone entirely.

*Bug Fixes/Additions from the Pre-Alpha:

Well, what about the bugs?

-There are still a few small issues with warps as of Alpha 2. Sometimes, when you warp to another map, a dialogue box pops up for a split second, or your character may randomly take a step. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It does not break the game in any way.
-Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot is still prone to glitching.
-Some minor dialogue boxes may not have been changed yet (I caught all the ones I could, but a few may have slipped past!) If you notice any relics from Jersey Quest or the original Ruby ROM, please tell me. :)

The ROM is locked for fairly obvious reasons - one puzzle is already easily exploitable with savestate cheating (Though I hope you won't do that. Sucks the fun out ^^' ); and I don't want people going in to Advance Map to see where all the items and traps and healing spots are, and to simply cheat their way through. Cheating will severely diminish the fun :(

Anyway, there you have it! This is a .UPS file, so if you do not know how to patch one of these, read this: http://www.ehow.com/how_10043236_apply-ups-patches-gba-rom.html , and download the UPS Patcher here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/ . You need a Ruby (AXVE) ROM.

May your holidays be merry and bright, and I hope you enjoy FINALLY having a proper Alpha! :D Please point out any and all bugs or tile errors I may have missed, and to leave general concrit and/or praise. You guys are why I ROM hack still after all, despite how busy I can get!
Awesome PPG awesome. I was waiting ages for this and finally a dream coming true. Good luck for the future

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
I have a quick question, I'm stuck at the second major dungeon (the one where you team up with the butterfly, I forgot it's name) and I saw a little cut scene about alligned rocks but I can't get any farther. Is this the end of the alpha? Btw this game is amazing please finish it eventually because I am in love with it.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I have a quick question, I'm stuck at the second major dungeon (the one where you team up with the butterfly, I forgot it's name) and I saw a little cut scene about alligned rocks but I can't get any farther. Is this the end of the alpha? Btw this game is amazing please finish it eventually because I am in love with it.

Nope, the alpha goes farther than that :) You see a cutscene about the rocks because they are important - try talking to them. They are in fact a puzzle that leads to an underground chamber, where the item that lets you progress past the Graveler lurking at the dungeon's end is waiting. :)

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
Nope, the alpha goes farther than that :) You see a cutscene about the rocks because they are important - try talking to them. They are in fact a puzzle that leads to an underground chamber, where the item that lets you progress past the Graveler lurking at the dungeon's end is waiting. :)

ahh ok thanks. Once again I'm loving this :D

Actually I've talked to every rock on the map and none of them want to talk back... did I do something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Actually I've talked to every rock on the map and none of them want to talk back... did I do something wrong?

Did you notice that the six rocks that triggered the cutscene made a sound when you spoke to them? These six rocks reveal a secret chamber when you "talk" to them in the correct order. You have to listen for the sounds - a sort of ding sound means you've got the pattern correct so far, while a rough en-en sound means you made a mistake and have to start the puzzle over. If you've ever played the game Simon, it's much like this. You have to find the pattern through trial and error though listening to the sounds to reveal the hidden chamber.

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
Did you notice that the six rocks that triggered the cutscene made a sound when you spoke to them? These six rocks reveal a secret chamber when you "talk" to them in the correct order. You have to listen for the sounds - a sort of ding sound means you've got the pattern correct so far, while a rough en-en sound means you made a mistake and have to start the puzzle over. If you've ever played the game Simon, it's much like this. You have to find the pattern through trial and error though listening to the sounds to reveal the hidden chamber.

Well that would explain it haha, I was playing with sound disabled to save battery on my phone emulator.

*****Btw i might have found a bug, but you might already know about it. Beautifly's speech icon looks inverted, heres a pic(just ignore the onscreen buttons haha)

http://imgur.com/II8LY*****

****I just saw this in the known bugs list... whoops***

But I do see a bug that isn't on the list, its a sprite glitch. After you access one of those PC storage bushes the icon changes into 1/4th of an orange...
http://imgur.com/zeXAR

And how far into black river can we get? im there right now but it seems like I can't progress. Sorry if I'm asking too much :P

Last edited:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I did know about the bush glitch, a sprite edit can probably fix it :) but thank you for telling me! As for Blackriver, just walk about to find hidden warp tiles :) it is a complete dungeon ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
Lol I died to the Nincada in Tangle Thicket... Drain Trap drained Quick Attack :(
But this is a good game:)

Lol I died to the Nincada in Tangle Thicket... Drain Trap drained Quick Attack
But this is a good game
Just realized I was playing Pre-Alpha. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
this game is pretty great so far! =)
one minor hitch though. i can't get pass the 2nd sokoban puzzle! (that's what it is right?)
i got all three rocks are on a red tile each but i can't continue. or must a specific rock be on a specific tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back