• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Years
Firstly, Does this program contain any viruses or malware?

I am planning on making a hack of FireRed, so I will need this, I had it before, but, my computers containing it died, however, my first computer had this for almost a year before it died and my emachine died shortly after it was downloaded.
This thread was just outside the revival limit. Since it was so very close (just about 3 hours), I can see how there was a misunderstanding, perhaps. I'll leave it open for now for the sake of discussion.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I have attempted to download this, with both links that were provided and the links are dead... Can somebody help me?

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
I have attempted to download this, with both links that were provided and the links are dead... Can somebody help me?

Luigi... Don't use this version of Advance Map. Unless you want to intentionally throw your rom's data in random spots, then you can use it. Advance Map 1.92 is the safer version. I'm pretty sure gogojjtech has a link to it somewhere. Search for it.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
Luigi... Don't use this version of Advance Map. Unless you want to intentionally throw your rom's data in random spots, then you can use it. Advance Map 1.92 is the safer version. I'm pretty sure gogojjtech has a link to it somewhere. Search for it.

I'm planning on 1.92, but, I don't trust any other sites, it could contain viruses.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm planning on 1.92, but, I don't trust any other sites, it could contain viruses.

I'm sorry, but I think that's your only option. I checked to see if his website is still running, but sadly it isn't. :c

So yeah, you'll just have to search Google for one. We can't provide any alternate links anyways, because LU-HO has requested us not to. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, and also... don't worry about viruses. You can tell if it's legitimate if it has many .txt files in the index, a file called AdvanceMap.exe, along with two folders called "ini" and "ErrorLogs". No need to worry. ;)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I'm sorry, but I think that's your only option. I checked to see if his website is still running, but sadly it isn't. :c

So yeah, you'll just have to search Google for one. We can't provide any alternate links anyways, because LU-HO has requested us not to. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, and also... don't worry about viruses. You can tell if it's legitimate if it has many .txt files in the index, a file called AdvanceMap.exe, along with two folders called "ini" and "ErrorLogs". No need to worry. ;)

Guys, you completely ignored my warning. This version is a BETA that was NOT FINISHED leaving many BUGS that WILL BREAK your GAMES. He didn't leave source code so a new map editor is coming out very soon. For now use 1.92 please

PkmnTrainerElio

Years

LU-HO isn't around, so why not? He's pretty much gone from the forums...

Years
Edit: Fixed that problem, but now my game whitescreens. It corrupted somehow along the line (right after I deleted my backups because i got my current version working, go figure). People who do major hacks have to run into this problem, so there has to be a REAL fix- not a "ermagerd change yer save options to whatever flash" because that does not work for the ROM hack. Is there a way of pinpointing the part that went wrong and changing it back?

Hey, I'm new to the forums. I have a huge problem with Advance Map right now. I'm using version 1.92. My problem is that I coded my own simple legendary event and- it worked! Well, the first time. I reloaded the ROM to do it again and test some more things that didn't relate to the event. When I reached the event again, it simply played Groudon's cry. If I clicked on it again, it put my custom "It's a statue, blah, blah" message, as it's supposed to.

Now- what could be causing this? I desperately need this fixed. I hope the spoiler commands work here, because if not, this will get unorganized fast. Here's the code I'm using:

Spoiler:

Be noted that this WORKED the first time around, and with NO CHANGES, it proceeded to STOP working. It makes no sense to me.

I really wish I could get some help here. I managed to fix my previous problems, but I'm not getting around this one on my own. My new setflags reset when i leave the current area (ie, entering a building, flying, leaving a route).... That destroys anything involving flags. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I really wish I could get some help here. I managed to fix my previous problems, but I'm not getting around this one on my own. My new setflags reset when i leave the current area (ie, entering a building, flying, leaving a route).... That destroys anything involving flags. Is there a way to fix this?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7940837&postcount=315
Use am-1.92. Also, ruby's engine is REAL bad so either FR or Emerald. But it's your choice

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Edit: Fixed that problem, but now my game whitescreens. It corrupted somehow along the line (right after I deleted my backups because i got my current version working, go figure). People who do major hacks have to run into this problem, so there has to be a REAL fix- not a "ermagerd change yer save options to whatever flash" because that does not work for the ROM hack. Is there a way of pinpointing the part that went wrong and changing it back?

Hey, I'm new to the forums. I have a huge problem with Advance Map right now. I'm using version 1.92. My problem is that I coded my own simple legendary event and- it worked! Well, the first time. I reloaded the ROM to do it again and test some more things that didn't relate to the event. When I reached the event again, it simply played Groudon's cry. If I clicked on it again, it put my custom "It's a statue, blah, blah" message, as it's supposed to.

Now- what could be causing this? I desperately need this fixed. I hope the spoiler commands work here, because if not, this will get unorganized fast. Here's the code I'm using:

Spoiler:

Be noted that this WORKED the first time around, and with NO CHANGES, it proceeded to STOP working. It makes no sense to me.

From looking at your script, I can notice some issues in it. However, this doesn't seem to be inherently an Advance Map problem. I think it's best you bring that to the appropriate thread for scripts. Click here for that.

Years
Well, thanks for responding. I'm using AM 1.92. I researched both before picking which one I'd use.. having my memory thrown around in random locations didn't seem like the thing for me.

So, the Ruby/Sapphire engine is just atrocious then? It would make sense. None of my new flags are working past 0x91B. In fact, if I remove an older flag and place it in the new location, it still doesn't work. Maybe it's just Rustboro in general. Any custom tile scripts freeze there too. Not just that, but if move the Aqua event in Rustboro even one tile, it causes the game to freeze.

How bad is the Gen1 engine? Or 2, for that matter? I'd sooner go older than newer. I know FR/LG is 3, but I honestly don't want to use those. I'm thinking Crystal, because I have the patched, fixed up version of that ROM.

Also, I had to remove the "quote" because it counts as an url. Directed at gogojjtech.

At RichterSnipes:

Thanks; I fixed up all of my scripts a lot after learning more. I'll check it out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
Hey, have some Problems with AM.
It's a really good Programm, but some graphics wouldn't be shown in the game.
-Black Parts are violet.
-Some of the Marketparts are also violet or have textures from other tilesets

I don't know what I've done wrong...

Also I have the Problem with own Trainers...
Everytime I want to battle with them the VBA turn violet.

Platinum Lucario

Years
both links are dead for the download

Yep, because Lu-Ho's server is no longer running anymore. And by the looks of it, I highly doubt he will ever return back to PC.

But even so, there is no way we're allowed to provide links to other websites providing the downloads for AdvanceMap. You'll just have to search Google for a download to the program, I'm really sorry.

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
Years
Guys, you completely ignored my warning. This version is a BETA that was NOT FINISHED leaving many BUGS that WILL BREAK your GAMES. He didn't leave source code so a new map editor is coming out very soon. For now use 1.92 please

Do you know who is creating this new editor and when it is coming out?

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

Years
Do you know who is creating this new editor and when it is coming out?

It was long ago, about a year or two ago that ZodiacDaGreat was developing a map editor for Generation III, but it was never completed and was never released.

However, there is a source code of EliteMap that can be downloaded from TheHelmetedRodent. But be aware that the program is outdated and if anyone is a VisualBasic 6 programmer, then that person should at least be able to fix all the bugs and make the program fully compatible with all Generation III games. And not just that, but also providing the program completely open-source, so that we won't have the same tragedy that happened to LH-HO's AdvanceMap.

Which is why I say: whenever you're creating a new ROM Hacking tool, be sure to make it open source and hosting the source code on a website like SourceForge. Or else... what if the program is closed source and the person dies in real life? There would be absolutely no one to create a forked verity of it as a successor so it can continue and help to improve. It's simple as that.

And I'm sorry to say this... but I'm afraid LU-HO had decided in keeping it closed source, but hey... that was his choice, and this is consequence of what happens to a tool that isn't open source.

But what can we do about it? Nothing, there is absolutely nothing we can do about AdvanceMap anymore, we're gonna just have to either improve EliteMap and host it on a website like SourceForge, or create an entirely new open-source map editor for Generation III.

chiklit

Old Skool PPN
Years
If it'll be of any help to anybody I still have the source code for GoldMap 1.6 that AdvanceMap was originally based off of.

They're both available here: lastedit.com/poke/gm/ (Apparently I can't post links)

I'm not sure which is more recent, they might be the same version. They're from a 2005 backup so the "Last modified on" dates are all out of whack.

For what it's worth I had originally tried to get LU-HO to release his code as open source after the first version on the basis that I had released the GoldMap source under a CC-SA license and he was in violation by not sharing the code but he refused (and in general he was a huge jerk about it - as I had originally just asked him to make his EULA less insanely restrictive) and me and Jiggly (who originally wrote the GM code) decided not to press the issue.

Platinum Lucario

Years
If it'll be of any help to anybody I still have the source code for GoldMap 1.6 that AdvanceMap was originally based off of.

They're both available here: lastedit.com/poke/gm/ (Apparently I can't post links)

I'm not sure which is more recent, they might be the same version. They're from a 2005 backup so the "Last modified on" dates are all out of whack.

For what it's worth I had originally tried to get LU-HO to release his code as open source after the first version on the basis that I had released the GoldMap source under a CC-SA license and he was in violation by not sharing the code but he refused (and in general he was a huge jerk about it - as I had originally just asked him to make his EULA less insanely restrictive) and me and Jiggly (who originally wrote the GM code) decided not to press the issue.

I just downloaded the source code of GoldMap, thanks! ^^

But yeah, I can see that all LU-HO did with GoldMap upon obtaining the source code back then, was tweaked it so it supported the Generation III games and removed the compatibility for Pokémon Gold. But from there, he made newer functions and eventually in a more later version, he made the textures load directly from the ROM. During the earlier stages of AdvanceMap from what I saw in the earlier versions... it didn't load the textures from the ROM and instead used the textures provided in a folder. Then once 1.95 came out, it re-coded in Lazarus... but we still haven't received the source code. And nowadays... LU-HO has not been seen ever again since February 2012 here on the forums, and I've never heard from him again anywhere online.

Hopefully AdvanceMap and LU-HO's disappearance should serve as a reminder to everyone that it's important to keep a ROM hacking tool open-source always! ;)

Last edited:
Back