• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] Can't open eXtreme Script Editor on Wine

Years
I've read the stickied ROM Hacking: Getting Started thread and downloaded the resources. All of them (Advanced Map etc.) work/open fine but I can't open XSE by HackMew. I'm using the unofficial 1.11 version and Wine 1.6.1 , right clicking the .exe file and selecting "open with" and from the drop down menu "wine". After that I select "run directly in..." and nothing happens even though the top bar has the little cup so I know Wine is still running. I know I could use XSE in Virtualbox but I would really rather not because running virtualbox heats up my laptop. I also download the PKSV by score_under to test it out and it ran fine. I'm worried that by using PKSV I'll confuse myself as it seems most people/tutorials use XSE. Does anyone have advice? Which wine-friendly script editor should I use if XSE doesn't pan out?
I'm using OSX Version 10.9.5

Last edited:
Years
Oh my gosh!! It's working!! (I used the exact same method to open the program.)
So for anyone who's reading this right now who's having the same issue as me- I kept looking online for a solution and found a help thread with a response from someone saying "I got it to work under 10.11 with Winery by using winetricks to install vb6 runtime." I went on to one of wine's tutorials and downloaded a bunch of stuff/inputted a bunch of code- I'm not really sure whether that's what fixed my problem. And if it is what fixed my problem I couldn't tell you which links were mandatory to download etc.- but I know how frustrated I get when I find a help thread and the person doesn't tell me what they did so- if you type "regression testing" in on Google and look at wine's official site that's the page I used

Back