• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Years
venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

A RAINBOW ROAD CHALLENGE ON POK?MON SILVER
BINGO! challenges completed: 1/20

UPDATE #3 - GRAND FINALE

So I played a lot today. No, more. I finished the 2nd challenge...

Spoiler:

Did not expect it of course. Here's a quick summary of what happened.

I made it to Kanto and challenged all the gyms there. Except for Blue, they were all walk-in-the-parks. Blue had the level advantage, which made it a bit harder, but still nothing to fear.

Oak let me go to Mt Silver, and that's where the real grinding begun. I rebattle the E4 multiple times, I stroll for hours through the grasslands and caves of Mt. Silver and in the end, I'm sick of it.

So, even though I'm pretty underleveled, I decide to try my luck and challenge Red:

Red

He starts of with Pikachu, I with KOROL. Pikachu is faster, but his Charm fails. KOROL uses Earthquake, ohko.

He brings out Espeon, I swap KOROL for KOROVA. He uses Reflect and since he's male, I can use Attract. Now, I use one X Attack, and when he hits with Psychic, I heal. Mostly, he's infatuated though, and I finish it with Shadow Ball.

He chooses Snorlax, I swap KOROL back. I'm faster, and use Toxic. He Amnesia. After one X Attack I start Double Kicking, until his HP is over halfway down. He then KOs me with Body Slam. I send KOROVA back in and use Attract to possibly prevent damage. It works. Snorlax is infatuated twice when I've started my Rollout. He faints from poisoning.

I still have 3 rolls left, only becoming stronger, so I don't swap out when he chooses Venusaur. He uses Sunny Day and one Solar beam, but can't handle a lvl 3 and 4 Rollout and faints.

Although my HP is almost down, I don't swap when Charizard comes into play. Who know, maybe he uses a status move. Unfortunately, no. Charizard is faster and Flamethrower KOs KOROVA, after a fantastic streak.

I send out ZUB, and throw Surfs at Charizard, while he keeps using Flamethrower. I win, so Red is down to his last pocket monster.

Red sends out Blastoise. I decide to keep ZUB with ~1/3HP in the game and use Slash for some damage. I could even slash a second time, since Blastoise uses Rain Dance first, but after that ZUB faints. Time for OVTSA to finish the job. Blastoise uses a by rain strengthened Surf first, which deals quite some damage, but a well aimed Thunderpunch is enough to win the match.

Winning team

feraligatr.png

ZUB @lvl 61
BLUE
- Surf
- Bite
- Slash
- Ice Punch

nidoking.png

KOROL @lvl 54
PURPLE
- Double Kick
- Earthquake
- Trash
- Toxic

miltank.png

KOROVA @lvl 57
PINK
- Body Slam
- Rollout
- Shadow Ball
- Attract

magmar.png

OGON @lvl 55
RED
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Punch
- Sunny Day
- Strength

ampharos.png

OVTSA @lvl 56
YELLOW
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch
- Light Screen
- Flash

xatu.png

PTITSA @lvl 56
GREEN
- Fly
- Psychic
- Thief
- Giga Drain

Last edited:
Years

Trio-Species in Pok?mon Black

emboar.gif
musharna.gif
krookodile.gif

FINAL CHAPTER

Well, this will be quick update... I started Trio-Species on Black few hours ago and played on autopilot while doing other things... Fast forward few hours to the the present time and here we are, with another challenge completed! I don't have much to say about it, I don't think something extraordinary happened - it was smooth, fun run.

My team was Emboar, Musharna and Krookodile. I chose them because their coverage of each other so only problematic Pok?mon were Water-Types, which I beat with pure force.

Team

emboar.gif

Uno, Joly Male Emboar
lvl 78, Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Work Up
- Brick Break

musharna.gif

Dos, Hasty Female Musharna
lvl 76, Synchronize
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis

krookodile.gif

Tres, Bold Male Krookodile
lvl 78, Moxie
- Crunch
- Torment
- Earthquake
- Swagger​

Sorvete

Novice
Years
User Name: SorveteQuente
Bingo Type: 5x3 (From Kanto to Unova, I can't play Kalos and Alola unfortunately)

Years
User Name: SorveteQuente
Bingo Type: 5x3 (From Kanto to Unova, I can't play Kalos and Alola unfortunately)

Nick: SorveteQuente

Kanto
Gift Challenge
Pick-A-Route
Unusual Sighting (Your (User)Name Challenge if you can't randomized your game)

Johto
NFE Team
Scramble
Monoletter

Hoenn
The Culinary Challenge
AquaMagma Challenge
Hit the Gym

Sinnoh
Stone Alone
Retrograde
The Character Challenge

Unova
Solo Run
The In-Order Challenge
The Champion Challenge

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Good, I was hoping to see a Character Challenge somewhere in my sheet. :x

Also, one question. For the Scramble Challenge, what team must I use?

Sorvete

Novice
Years

Pok?mon Bingo
Character Challenge - Diamond #1

Spr_DP_Dawn.png
Spr_DP_Cynthia.png
Spr_DP_Lucas.png

I decided to do this challenge in Diamond, because:

1) I never really get to finish it;
2) I wanted a Murkrow for this.

Unfortunately, playing in Diamond prevents me from using a lot of Pok?mon that the character I chose owns, but I will find a way to get around it.

Anyways, to the actual game: I played for a few hours today and got past the first and second gyms, as well as Mars and Jupiter's first battles, naturally. Nothing really excited happened, it was relatively easy.

Also, can anyone figure out what was the character chosen?

Team:

Spoiler:

Sheet:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Pok?mon Bingo
Character Challenge - Diamond #2

Spr_DP_Dawn.png
Spr_DP_Cynthia.png
Spr_DP_Lucas.png

Today I played a lot, and got all the way to Route 216 with 6 badges now yay!

Starting off in Hearthome, I swept through Barry's team and got to Solaceon Town with no problem at all. On the way I picked up HM04 from the cemetery tower thing. It's weird though that they give you Strength this early when you only get to use it after 6 badges.

Route 210 had a lot of trainers, which made POL evolve into Gastrodon.

In Veilstone, I went straight to the gym only to hear Dawn complaining about Team Galactic at the door. The puzzle was quite challenging I (The only gym puzzle I actually like in D/P so far) and so was Maylene.
Fortunately, POL was able to take Lucario out when MON (Murkrow) fainted for the Machoke.

After dealing with Team Galactic and Dawn, two very important things happened in the route below:

1) MILO is now a Torterra;
2) He fainted to a wild Ponyta.

Arriving in Pastoria City, I entered Great Marsh to get a new team member, the female Marill which I named TRISH.

Crasher Wake was a bit challenging because of Gyarados but Gastrodon and Torterra worked together and took it out easily. Quagsire triplets and Floatzel had no chance.

After sweeping through Barry again (surprised he still has a Starly), I chase a Team Galactic Grunt down Route 213 when he finally decided to battle me with his Glameow.

Humiliating defeats aside, I met Cynthia staring at two Guys in Valor Lakefront as she gave me an important mission: Cure the mysterious Psyduck gang in Route 210 and deliver the Old Charm to Old Lady.

Frustrating battles in fog later, I delivered the thing to Old Lady, she gave me HM03 (yay POL).

A sinister encounter with Cyrus made me get out of this Town and Fly straight to Hearthome test my math skills.

As I learned 5 + 3 + 7 is 15, I battled Fantina and easily won with MON (though I started the battle with POL to get Surf's debut).

Now it's time to use Surf outside of battle then let's go to Canalave city and!!... SURFING IS SLOWER THAN WALKING ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Well I guess it's fair that I'm using Gastrodon to do so...

I battled Barry again (this time with Staravia finally, though the Platinum one has a Staraptor at this point) and trained a little at Iron Island with Riley, a new friend.

Went to the gym sweeping everything with POL, and Byron was not different, easy battle.

After a library meeting, I defeated Saturn at the recent dry Lake Valor and Mars at Lake Verity, and then went all the way to Route 216 where I caught my most recent team member, Sneasel...

Oh, and Zemanahrad got it right, I chose Paul as my character.

Team:

Spoiler:

Sheet:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Kanto Highest Stat Sp. ATK Challenge

Update 2
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I started a new adventure, this time the first on generation 3. Now, I moved to a new place in the outback to work for a few months, and have very limited internet and little time, but whenever I can (and want...), I'll try to play a bit and update regularly.

venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

A TYPE LINK CHALLENGE ON POK?MON SAPPHIRE
BINGO! challenges completed: 2/20

UPDATE #1

Like before, I choose my starter by checking my Trainer Card. 1-3= Fire type, 4-6= Grass type, 7-9= Water type and 0= 2nd last number.
My ID is 20388, so I pick Mudkip. I like the foreign nouns as nicknames so far, and choose Spanish nouns this time. Say hi to BARRO (Spanish for mud).

Now, the a is to link types together. So my next Pokemon should be water or ground (only after BARRO evolves). I puzzle a bit with the Pokedex to figure out my upcoming team and I think I've found an interesting combination.

On route 102 i catch a Lotad and call her FUENTE (Spanish for fountain).

In the Petalburg Woods I catch a Shroomish and call her SETA (Spanish for mushroom).

I just beat Norman, the fifth gym, and had absolutely zero problems so far. 2, maybe even 3 Pokemon will join my team later in the run, and I know who, but that will just have to wait a bit longer.

Current team

marshtomp.png

BARRO (f) @lvl 33
Ability: Torrent
Impish nature. No item
- Mud Shot
- Water Gun
- Mud-Slap
- Rock Tomb

lombre.png

FUENTE (f) @lvl 30
Ability: Swift Swim
Gentle nature. No item
- Bullet Seed
- Fake Out
- Nature Power
- Thief

breloom.png

SETA (f) @lvl 31.
Ability: Effect Spore
Hardy nature. Miracle Seed
- Mach Punch
- Heatbutt
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed

Years
Hey can I get a card? 7x3 cause I have a few challenges happening already

Here you go:

Nick: Lrachelr5

Kanto
Solo Run
Pick-A-Route
Rainbow Road

Johto
Unusual Sighting (Stone Alone if you can't randomize your game)
Type Link
Duo-Species Challenge

Hoenn
Monoletter
Love at First Sight
Scramble

Sinnoh
Your (User)Name Challenge
The In-Order Challenge
Highest Stat HP

Unova
Gift Challenge
The Champion Challenge
Love at First Sight

Kalos
Hit the Gym
Scramble
Monotype

Alola
Duo-Species Challenge
The Culinary Challenge
Gift Challenge

And I didn't thought it before but if the nick given is to be used as the ingame name,I just realised it right now. I'll use it from the next challenge. For this challenge, I had used my regular ingame name.

It's okay to use whatever name you want in-game. The name you posted in the sign-up is mostly for the list of challengers the 1st post.

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I just beat Norman, the fifth gym, and had absolutely zero problems so far. 2, maybe even 3 Pokemon will join my team later in the run, and I know who, but that will just have to wait a bit longer.

I'm really curious to see what Pok?mon you'll use since you've already beat the fifth gym with only 3 members. Good luck on the run.

Years
This looks good, for Hoenn and Kalos can I please get my scramble teams? And could I get a different challenge instead of the in order one for Sinnoh?

Last edited:
Years
Okay, I hope you can get all Pok?mon in your chosen version of Hoenn:

301.gif
359.gif
330.gif
277.gif
326.gif
286.gif

And Kalos:
687.gif
297.gif
709.gif
700.gif
472.gif
224.gif
Okay, can I just get a reroll for Gliscor? I can't get the Razor Fang pre E4, and I don't know if I would be allowed to trade over a Razor Fang for evolutionary means.
Also, with the in order challenge does that only count for your starter? Say if I choose Piplup then I can do the challenge continuing with entry 10, but I have no way of getting the other two starters. Does this challenge want you to use all three starters and then the next three mons in the dex? If so I can't complete this and would like a new challenge if possible

Last edited:
Back