• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which generation would you like to get anew installment?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
To celebrate 10k posts on this site (and I guess 3 years too) I?ve decided to revive this nice old thread that I first posted in exactly 1 year ago. So basically, which generation/region would you like to return to for a new installment and why? It can be like a remake or sequel or whatev. For more info checkout the original thread linked above.

As for me, DEFINITELY gen4. A lot of people on the other thread said gen6 and while yeah XY were very very good games and it would be kinda cool if explored more upon, nothing can beat my first and favourite generation. We really should get gen4 remakes in 2020. Maybe the 2019 game should take a bunch of refernces to it that would be cool too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Generation 6 needed a third version or sequel badly.

It has many interesting ideas that could have been executed significantly better, like AZ's history with the war and the Ultimate Weapon, Malva's ties with Team Flare, Zygarde's forms being part of the story, significant development of all four rivals, and Mega Evolutions for Pok?mon that truly deserve a buff like Flygon, Rhyperior, Butterfree, and Granbull.

The Elite Four and Champion, as well as the Gym Leaders should have had a much tougher and varied team, since they are meant to be serious trials for Trainers to overcome.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
For me, Gen 6. That gen to me just felt incomplete. A lack of a followup game like Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 is why I feel this way.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Generation Five needs a prequel to Black and White, honestly. I know this is a weird opinion, but if we can get a sequel, then why not a prequel? I really want to see what unova was like before Team Plasma came into the story.

I don't know, but maybe we could see what Unova was like during the events of R/B/Y/R/S/E or G/S/C/D/P/PT we already know B/W take place many years after the first four generations.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I wouldn't mind FireRed/LeafGreen getting a modern update. They are remakes of their own, but also 14 years old.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I wouldn't mind FireRed/LeafGreen getting a modern update. They are remakes of their own, but also 14 years old.

I feel if they did that, then everyone will always expect it to be forever updated and every other game to get the same treatment. That's the stupid thing about remakes: nothing is eternal. They get outdated too. Remaking something solely for graphical enhances is quite fruitless in the long run.

It'd be a poor decision on their part to remake a remake. Pandora's box.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Fired and leafgreen are good but they are pretty outdated now and dont have the same charm as other games. If Kanto ever got remakes again, there better be more content packed into it and new stuff, not just copy and paste the RBY format with new graphics

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Kanto or Johto.

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are already having us revisit Kanto. They're technically Pokemon Yellow remakes/reboots.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Johto would hold up with a new installment especially if it becomes a standalone region if it were to ever get an updated game.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
No, more of these regions. See how pointless such comments are?

Yes, but Yellow was just an anime tie-in (never liked it either). And the Let's Go games aren't regular Pok?mon games either.

Kanto has been in just about every single generation, at least every console. I don't know why anyone would want to revisit it exactly the same? Most players can literally walk blindfolded through Kanto with how many times we've seen it.

The region isn't bad, but if they're going to revisit it, I want a whole new timeline or take. We've seen it in gen 1 time and then 5 years later too many times. If we have to see Kanto AGAIN, do something different.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'd love to see a Gen 2 Pok?mon: Let's Go made. This does seem likely, if Let's Go sells well.

You?d get a mini-version of that if they?d include Johto region Evolutions for Kanto Pokemon(Kingdra, Steelix and Scizor come to mind, plus off-shoot Evolutions for Oddish and Eevee(like Espeon and Umbreon)). There?s so much more Pokemon they could add to LGP/LGE and yet still adhere to the Kanto Pokemon roots.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Let's Go johto sounds appealing. GF has caught me in its trap, I am a sucker for gen 2.

Only thing is it will be handholdy. yuck.

Years
As much as I loved Sinnoh as a region, I really didn't care for the games all that much, so I don't know if I'd be all that interested in remakes of them, and we've been to every other region this decade, so aside from a 3rd version of X and Y, I really don't know.

With that said, maybe it's an out of left field pick, but I'd like to see a game dedicated to a fully fleshed out Sevii Islands. For something that was just kinda tacked on to FR/LG, I think they had a lot of potential, and if they were expanded on correctly, they could have a very Alola-like feel to them.

Years
None of them, really.

another installment of XY wouldn't really be all that interesting (at least, imo), we've already recently been to Kalos, Game Freak kind of blew it with Alola as far as not making USUM a sequel, BW already has a sequel, we've already recently been to Hoenn, and Kanto/Johto, well... I'm sure not much more needs to be said about them. Sinnoh is... well needless to say it needs a reintroduction, but aside from that...

If anything else, Hoenn would be nice to explore in an actual sequel. It'd be interesting to see what follows after the disbandment of Team Aqua and Team Magma and whether or not another evil team would take their places or whether they would just reorganize under new leadership.

Back