• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How exactly do I make an ai? (Essentials)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
I understand where it's located but I want to know the scripts and how it functions. If someone could explain as friendly as possible how to code the ai I would appreciate it.

Note: I read essentials. It just doesn't explain it in a noob friendly manner

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Some things can't really be explained in a noob friendly manner. AI is not at all a noob friendly thing. I don't know what you read but I think http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_AI is a pretty good low/mid-level explanation of the steps it goes through. If that's what you read and you can't understand it, I don't really know how we could get any more basic.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
If someone could explain as friendly as possible how to code the ai I would appreciate it.

You don't need to do any coding for the AI. It's all done based on the base money and optional skill level parameter in the PBS.

Or do you mean how the AI works in general?

Back