• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HexManiacAdvance: A New Hex Editor for Gen 3 Hacking

haven1433

Modder / Programmer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
In version 0.5, I added a prototype for a map editor with the goal of replacing AdvanceMap. I'm happy to say that I've now released version 0.5.2, which adds a bunch of features and fixes a bunch of bugs from the prototype.

If you're interested in learning more but aren't sure if you want to download it, you can see a video of the prototype in action!

There are still more changes and improvements planned, but at this point I feel confident recommending that people try using this over AdvanceMap.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 31, 2023
Hi, I downloaded the HMA and I'm trying to edit Radical Red trainers roster. Although I'm sucessfull editing the mons and the number of pokémon, I didn't understand how to edit the moves. If I click on 'default moves', it seems a little bugged. When I start the battle, her pokémon will only use struggle. What am I doing wrong?

Days
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 4, 2023
Hey, I was trying to use the map editor today and HMA crashed on me while trying to add an object and then again when trying to randomly populate the map with tiles.
Here's the log.

Spoiler:

Days
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 15, 2023
Hey! I assume this is not your wheelhouse but on the off-chance, do you have any advice on getting this running on Mac? I've tried using Crossover and installing the correct version of .NET in the bottle first but it seems to just freeze up trying to execute HMA itself

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hey, amazing tool! Very intuitive and easy to use, specially for people like me who just want to make specific changes to the games.

Love the Utilities section! Adding Fairy type and the PSS with just two clicks is a blessing. Maybe the option to update abilities like Stench or Oblivious could be next?

Thanks for the tool! Keep up the good work

haven1433

Modder / Programmer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Hey all, just commenting here to let you know that version 0.5.6 is out now. It adds support for installing Leon's DPE/CFRU rombase automatically into a vanilla FireRed 1.0, with no need for compilers or python or anything like that. Lots of new scripts / utilities, and major updates to the script editor to make this a viable replacement for XSE. Really the only thing it can't do at this point is edit music/sounds.

Days
  • Seen yesterday
as someone that NEVER tried any rom hacking, I wanted to make a patch that made fire red move tutors resuable, and it was really easy for me here, just went to map, clicked on npc's script automatically pointed me to the right script and removed and saved, very easy to navigate so far, thank you!

not sure if it can make IPS patches , didn't figure that one out yet

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
1710150176827.png

hello, what files should download?

wheresas I use 0.4.4.
how add fairy type? i have fairy type in my hack rom but I don't know how add in hexmaniac

Other question ¿can we edit ????? spaces to add pokemon?

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I am a hobbyist with no coding experience. Hex Maniac Advanced has become my favorite tool! I spent ages trying and failing to install DPE and CFRU by myself until I found out HMA does this with one click!

I used to dabble in Advance Maps as a teen, but HMA's map editor has everything I need. I love being able to simply add NPC's and make them say anything, and the way how the movement permissions are tied to what I put down on the map is the icing on the cake.

Thank you Haven for such an awesome tool!

Back