• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
All right, the winner of the naming of the fire starter is set to be announced. Let's go over all the suggestions, shall we?
Code:
Causkalf
Kauscalf
Rikacalf
Flamsteer
Kalflare
Calflare
Kausticalf
Flammacalf
Fumocalf
Moocano
Bovolc
Volcalf
Feurkalb
cowcano
fred
milava
uddflare
pochahontas is actually a dude
blattle
pikachu
causmoo
charcalf
infermoo
your mother
infermilk 
Calva
Calflame
Calflam
Milkiln
Milkoal
Kushale
Ushale
Ushignite
Heiflame
Heiflam

I got around ten or so close friends/Sienna staff to vote for the name they found best. In the end we ended up with three names dead tied:

Code:
Bovolc
Milava
Moocano

So, I needed to find someone to make the final decision. So, after a long discussion with other contributors, we had another voting phase... And the winner is:

~*!*~Moocano~*!*~

Moocano was suggested by Griin. So, Griin.'s prize is a place as either a Rival or an E4/Recurring Character member in Sienna. Griin., when you see this, can you PM me with your choice? Thanks, and congratulations.

Congratulations, Griin. :)
I think that one was in my top three. :>

Well done Grin, I like that name :cer_smile:. I'm surprised that "your mother" wasn't the winner. Vrai's was pretty good too.

Pssh, yeah, I voted for "pochahontas is actually a dude".

YAYAY SOMEONE LIKED MINE <3

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
No, but it still looks wrong. If it's an official looking hack you want, then why not just.. Not connect the two paths? Look at any other Pokemon game- unless I'm seriously mistaken, they haven't used that mapping technique, ever, because as you said, extensive spriting would be called for. If you really must connect the two paths, then new, proper connector-tiles are needed, if you want people to stop calling it a tile error.

Actually, they have. However, let me stress that just because I'm pointing out your error does not mean that I don't agree with you. I've been irked by that technique since I first saw it in Pewter City and I don't think Harry makes it look any better. Regardless, I can't see Manipulation changing it any time soon, nor do I think that constantly pestering him about it will make him any more inclined to change his mind.

Last edited:
Years
Actually, they have. However, let me stress that I just because I'm pointing out your error does not mean that I don't agree with you. I've been irked by that technique since I first saw it in Pewter City and I don't think Harry makes it look any better. Regardless, I can't see Manipulation changing it any time soon, nor do I think that constantly pestering him about it will make him any more inclined to change his mind.
Alright, I just wasn't sure. But I agree, it's irksome.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who likes the new music :)

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
00344532.png

[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202372&page=1][IMG]http://static.strategyinformer.com/r/u2/43843/00344532.png[/IMG][/URL]

Put the text above into your signature if you want to use this.
Hope you like the banner. I've just started playing the beta and i'm extremely impressed by what I have seen so far.

(This is what you should end up with if you put that text into your signature)
Spoiler:

Click the banner!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
What? Is that supposed to be an answer?
I want an answer, not another question.

No, it's a question.

Can you post some sprites of your new pokes?

Sure!

Well, I may be going overboard on sprites, but it's mainly because game play work is slowly stopping; you can blame GCSE's for this, now, let me go revise for Friday's BS exam! ...Anyway, that's a quick explanation for my slow progress hack wise. So yeah, that's the main reason for the graphical showcasing recently.

user49351_pic42806_1274630763.png

2cn9s5.png

Folain is one of the 'irritating' normal type pokémon of Sienna's region, Voultan. It's based on a fox, as you can probably see. It's evolution is pretty badass, too. Credits to Chibi Robo for the sprite and Riceeman for some edits.

2z908k9.png

Squirren is the other 'irritating' normal type pokémon that resides in the exotic region of Voultan. It's based on a Squirrel, and its evolution is currently undesigned. Credits to Riceeman for both the sprite and the design.

2evxlbt.png

Grubblin is one of the few Ghost types in Voultan, this is also part bug type and is somewhat of a larvae pokémon. Credits to Riceeman for both the sprite and design.

These designs are definitely not final and are not all we've finished designing/have brewing.

Credits to Ben. for the templates.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
like i review a lot of hacks...

story/scripting
awshum. your scripting is perfecto.

graphics
fakemon = <3
tiles = <3

mapping
:0

rating
11/10
this is definetely one of my favourite hacks, i honestly nearly cried a couple weeks back because i saw this thread closed.
this hack is teh best hax eva!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Spoiler:

I like these fakemon, however the top two look kind of similar palette and face wise.

That graphic title is absolutely amazing o.o

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2010
Impressive sprites, I wanted to see the final evos of the starters but I guess i'll just have to play the game

edit: Damn, my comp sucks and is too slow to play sienna... oh well....

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I think Folain and Squirren's palletes are too similar.
Maybe try a shade of orange on Squirren...?

The sprites itself look great, though.

Years
Like I said on MSN, that graphic banner is truly amazing. Honestly, it's overwhelmingly awesome! :3 The fakémon are very impressive; well done on that, Riceeman, Max and the rest of you creative... [???="for want of a better word"]artists[/???].

I do, however, agree with this:
I like these fakemon, however the top two look kind of similar palette and face wise.
Still, they're different enough to both stay (maybe try with a blue Squirren or something?).

Either way, awesome updates, Manipulation. I'm looking forward to see these in the game. :D

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2016
Just wondering, is the latest beta the 2.22 one?

I downloaded it and can't get in past the "Rocket Team" guy, or find a gym...

Other than that, it seems awesome, never played a hack game before, but this one looks cool :D

Back