• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Wimbledon!!

cAuLOe.gif

Bay

Years
I usually wait a few days after one of the tennis opens started so I get to see who's still in the running, but I hope this Wimbledon will have some cool matches. The Australian Open this year was interesting haha.

Years
Unfortunately not great news for my country's representatives at Wimbledon. Only one player made it to the second round, and it was a qualifier who was originally born in Russia named Arina Rodionova.

This also marks only the second time since 1938 that Australia has not had any men's contenders survive past Round 1.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Bethanie Mattek-Sands, otherwise known at the "Lady Gaga of tennis" with a major injury. Sad.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Don't watch the video of it, unless you watch it muted. You can hear her screaming out for help. Ugh.

Years
One of Australia's tennis rebels, Bernard Tomic was fined $20,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct.

That's the punishment you deserve when you claim that you're "bored" during such an event like this. If he's bored, he should quit.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Nadal vs Muller was incredible. Match of the year.

Years
Konta did really well. She now becomes the first British female player to make the semi-finals since Virginia Wade in 1978.

Also, Karolina Pliskova is the new women's World No. 1 in the updated WTA rankings. Halep could have taken that spot had she beaten Konta. Personally, I do feel Halep never seems to do well at Grand Slams, especially since there were times she had lost in the first two rounds.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
And Murray just lost. All but set up for Federer to win.

Years
Federer won the Australian Open thanks to Murray exiting early. Looks like that it could happen again, and I'd be happy with Federer winning another Grand Slam title.

Back