• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DittoWare

Years
dittoware_logo_full_outline.png

DittoWare is a series of 3D multi-platform engines designed to emulate the look and feel of the dual-screen Pokémon games.
Each engine is tailored to mirror a specific generation, including sprites, models, mechanics, and features.
Importing assets between engines, is also achievable to create unique experience.

DittoWare is developed based on IIColor Spectrum's work with the Pokémon Unity Engine.

Features

Graphic
  • Adjustable 3D Map
  • Dual Screen Interface
  • Scaling NDS 256 x 384 Resolution
  • Virtual Button Mapping for Mobile
  • Original Generational Aesthetics
  • Option of Portrait and Landscape View
Audio
  • Ambient Overworld SFX
  • Frame-Perfect Music Looping
  • Multi-Channel Audio Threading for additional customizability
  • Supports Several Formats (WAV, OGG, MP3, and more)
Performance
  • Additional Options, such as Haptic Feedback for Mobile
  • Builds on PC, MAC, Linux, Android, and iOS
  • More platforms in the future
  • Plays well on even low-spec devices
  • On-Screen Virtual Controller for Mobile Versions
  • Wifi-Compatibility
  • Connectivity between two devices running DittoWare over Bluetooth
Emulation
  • All builds share a common Pokémon Asset Database, meaning the project will always be current, no matter which generational build is chosen.
  • Aesthetic Assets can all be customized or mixed-and-matched for a unique style.

Versions

Generation 4 Engine | Generation 5 Engine
gen-4.png
gen-5.png

Mirrors Diamond/Pearl/Platinum | Mirrors Black/White
Heart Gold /Soul Silver | Black 2/White 2
Current Version: Proof of Concept (15 July, 2017) | Current Version: Coming Soon

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download:
Gen 4 Alpha Testing Build (15 July, 2017)
Closed Source: Not Intended for Development
Windows / Mac / Linux / Android / iOS

Developed by:
K16n9gP.png

Special Thanks to IIColor Spectrum and his base kit, Pokémon Unity

Join Us on Discord
Share what you want to see and stay up to date on the next release
https://discord.gg/AjXppZy

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Omg, i can't wait to checkt this out :) Great work, really my mouth just felt to the ground.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Pro-tip: Don't name your group after a weapon that murdered a quarter of a million people.

Years
The Manhattan Project wasn't the atomic bomb, but the underground group formed during the arms race.
Victini, a Fire-type Victory pokémon filled with "Infinite Energy" that always sports Churchill's "V for Victory" and lives in an underground bunker off the coast of New York, is clearly an official representation of this.

Years
Downloads for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS are all complete

This concludes our first Alpha Test Release
Thank you for all of your submissions and we hope you stay with us as we work toward our first Open Source Release

DittoWare Gen 4
Current Build: Alpha v0.1.0 (15 July, 2017)
PC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7uf28aVyGlycFlOY3RSd3p0QnM
MAC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7uf28aVyGlyNV9DX1d6R0Q2RGc
Linux: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7uf28aVyGlyWjl1WWU4RmxWQms
iOS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7uf28aVyGlyWTByMUVReVZvSWs
Android: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7uf28aVyGlyM19YTUV6UEtwV2M
Source: Not applicable for this version. Please wait until a full release.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
The Manhattan Project wasn't the atomic bomb, but the underground group formed during the arms race.
Victini, a Fire-type Victory pokémon filled with "Infinite Energy" that always sports Churchill's "V for Victory" and lives in an underground bunker off the coast of New York, is clearly an official representation of this.

Well no, the manhattan project was quite literally, the name given to the overall project of the US creating an atomic Bomb.

As well as Victini's basis has nothing to do with that. It's based on the peace sign meaning "Victory" in Japan, thus why Victini itself is doing the peace sign with both hands and has the "V" motif.

Nonetheless if your fine with the blatantly disrespectful name(much less with the added insult of the goal being the replicate a game made by a company based in Japan), suit yourself. I won't press you any further on it.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
This is a pretty neat engine, and with some time and hard work, you'll definitely surpass the DS-themed versions of Essentials!

There are some menu glitches, however:

• The HGSS pause menu doesn't appear at any resolution other than 1x.
  • The menus are all offset from the top screen, and they don't even fully appear in the Trainer Card's case.
  • Pokémon stat menu only takes up half of both screens at this point, making it really hard to see in 1x.
Anyway, will there be a one-screen only mode in the future just in case you can't fix any of the above?

Years
Anyway, will there be a one-screen only mode in the future just in case you can't fix any of the above?
Perhaps a desktop single screen version could be made, but these are all simple fixes.
The menus all need new UI for this engine.
The demo was intended to just showcase controls and compatibility

Years
Update:
Much progress is being made
Here's our new title screen for our Gen IV release!

I'm also starting the process of putting together our Gen V build. This will still come after our open source release of the 4th gen engine.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Here's our new title screen for our Gen IV release!

Fixed that for you.

Anyways, those pics are looking pretty good. I have some questions though.
1) Is DittoWare a fork/modification of Pokémon Unity?
2) What's the difference between both projects?
3) Will DittoWare be newbie-friendly? If so, by how much?
4) Will the team behind it bother in making the engine as up-to-date by default as possible or they're gonna leave that to the user?

EDIT: Ohkay, it definitely looks and feels like a fork of Pokémon Unity, but aiming towards a more NDS~y feeling. Not a bad thing though.
One bug that I found right away is that Pokémon Unity's shortcut to bring up the old menu (the A letter of my keyboard) is still working and it looks bugged af, just like the rest of the menus.
2f894uX.png

Not only that but the Touch Screen isn't working at all. I'm trying to click on any of the buttons to access the Pokémon Menu, the Pokédex and such, but it's simply not working.

Also, the Screen Size option inside the Options Menu doesn't work, you can only play it in Windowed Mode at 1x resolution or in Full Screen, which kinda sucks.

At the very least it runs just like Pokémon Unity, performing perfectly fine even on a sad Intel Celeron N2840 with 2GBs of RAM.
I'm going to bookmark this thread and keep up with the news, hoping for it to get better.
Good luck!

EDIT2:
The demo was intended to just showcase controls and compatibility

AAAAnd that explains the poor state of this first release, I guess. Nvm me then, I'll look forward to the next updates.

Last edited:
Back