• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga PC's Favourite Anime: Part 4 - Thriller and Horror

Years
PC's Favourite Anime: Part Four

Welcome to Anime & Manga's newest project! The idea here is simple enough. We're looking to create a long term recommendation gallery featuring the PokeCommunity's favourite series.

Each week, until the project's end, we'll be asking you to list up to ten of your personal favourite anime series in the given genre (don't worry if they also appear in subsequent lists). At the end of the week, we'll take down every series mentioned here to later be placed into the recommendation gallery. Of course, you're welcome to discuss each others' lists here also.

As the title suggests, for this week we're asking for up to ten of your favourite thriller and/or horror series!
Here is the schedule for the project!

- Week One: Action & Adventure
- Week Two: Drama & Romance
- Week Three: Comedy
- Week Four: Thriller & Horror
- Week Five: Slice of Life
- Week Six: Isekai
- Week Seven: Compilation Thread Posted!

pkmin3033

1. Hellsing Ultimate
2. Hell Girl (first two seasons only)
3. Death Note (excluding the awful second half)
4. Death Parade
5. Psycho-Pass

Errr...that's kinda it. Unless we're talking "horror" in the sense of how horrifyingly bad a show is, in which case I could list significantly more than ten. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
1. Steins;Gate
2. Parasyte
3. Death Note
4. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
5. Tokyo Ghoul 1st season (other seasons are either alright or straight up bad)

Horror/thriller are not really the genres that I'm really invested in, so only 5 from me this time around. But those I did watch, I very much enjoyed, especially Steins;Gate.

Years
Horrors and thrillers are some of favourites heh

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (and Kai)
2. Serial Experiments Lain
3. Shinsekai Yori
4. The Promised Neverland
5. Death Note
6. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Don't hurt me, Dawn)
7. Psycho-Pass
8. Gakkougurashi!
9. Paranoia Agent
10. Elfen Lied

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Uhh I haven't seen many horror anime, just not my thing I guess
Maybe Higurashi and Shiki

Years
School Days, maybe? Does that count? I have an aversion to anything horror-related but this anime was quite freakish and terrifying.

Years
School Days, maybe? Does that count? I have an aversion to anything horror-related but this anime was quite freakish and terrifying.

Aside from one specific scene, there's nothing that really constitutes horror. Personally, I think it's firmly in the drama genre. I'll leave it for others to weigh in on.
No Dawn, being horrendously bad doesn't make it count ;)

Years
Next category will be up shortly. The most popular show in Horror/Thriller was Death Note, but a couple of other shows weren't too far behind.

Back