• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] NPC Battles

Years
Alright. so I've got most of my problems worked out so far, and now I want to actually progress:laugh-squinted: The next thing on my list is a battle, so I was wondering how to set up trainers using Hopeless Trainer Editor, and get them into AdvanceMap. I feel stupid asking all these questions, but that's what this forum is for, so I might as well make the most out of it!

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Go into HTE and select a trainer you want to edit.

For this example I'll choose the trainer in slot 270:

Spoiler:

Edit the Pokémon as desired and save it.

Then open up XSE and write a trainerbattle script. It should look something similar to this:

Spoiler:

As you can see after the trainerbattle command I have specified which trainer (270) is needed.

Compile the script and assign an NPC in AdvanceMap the offset value. Also, check the trainer box and set a view radius in the right-hand column.

Providing you've done everything correctly, the battle will take place!

You can find more information on trainer battles in this guide.

Years
Go into HTE and select a trainer you want to edit.

For this example I'll choose the trainer in slot 270:

Spoiler:

Edit the Pokémon as desired and save it.

Then open up XSE and write a trainerbattle script. It should look something similar to this:

Spoiler:

As you can see after the trainerbattle command I have specified which trainer (270) is needed.

Compile the script and assign an NPC in AdvanceMap the offset value. Also, check the trainer box and set a view radius in the right-hand column.

Providing you've done everything correctly, the battle will take place!

You can find more information on trainer battles in this guide.

Alright. So another problem. When I try to open my ROM in HTE, I get the error message: "ROM Code {temp.Code} is not supported!" It does this with every ROM I have on my computer, so it's not just the ones I've been working on. Am I doing something weird?

Years
And when I don't get that message, I get an "unhandled exception" error instead, eve on clean ROMS

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Have you tried Advanced Trainer Editor, or G3T for editing battles? Those are the ones I usually use to edit battles, and they work like a charm. :)

And I'm sure any edited trainer with those programs will work in conjunction to the script for a trainer battle posted by Synonym. :)

Hope this helps!

Years
Have you tried Advanced Trainer Editor, or G3T for editing battles? Those are the ones I usually use to edit battles, and they work like a charm. :)

And I'm sure any edited trainer with those programs will work in conjunction to the script for a trainer battle posted by Synonym. :)

Hope this helps!

I would have tried G3T first, but my computer seems to struggle with opening .rar files, and I can't find a zip version of the download. And I haven't seen Advanced Trainer Editor yet

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Alright. So another problem. When I try to open my ROM in HTE, I get the error message: "ROM Code {temp.Code} is not supported!" It does this with every ROM I have on my computer, so it's not just the ones I've been working on. Am I doing something weird?

I had the same issue before. I downloaded the latest .NET Framework and it solved the error for me.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
I would have tried G3T first, but my computer seems to struggle with opening .rar files, and I can't find a zip version of the download. And I haven't seen Advanced Trainer Editor yet

With .rar files, it's required you use WinRAR to extract the file.

I'm not sure, however, where I can find a link to Advanced Trainer Editor, that's doesn't seem to be a virus. I've checked the official page of it on Pokecommunity, but the link is down, I downloaded it ages ago, but I'm not sure where.

Back