• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Problem With Wild Encounters

Years
So, one of my routes ended up pretty big, so I decided to go with three separate encounter lists, so that as you progress through the route, the Pokemon change. The problem is the Pokemon from the two new encounter methods don't show up, but the regular 'Land' encounters do. Here's the scripts I edited. If there are any problems, or other things to try, please let me know.
Code:
  Grass2          = 26
  Grass3          = 27
I first defined the new terrain tags for the grass copies.
Code:
  Grass2       = 13
  Grass3       = 14
Code:
   "Grass2",
   "Grass3"
Code:
   [20,20,10,10,10,10,5,5,4,4,1,1],
   [20,20,10,10,10,10,5,5,4,4,1,1]
Code:
  25,25]
  1,1]
next I defined the encounter methods in PokemonEncounters, including the EnctypeChances, densities, and compile densities
Code:
def isGrass2?
      return false if @density==nil
      return @enctypes[EncounterTypes::Grass2] ? true : false
    end

def isGrass3?
      return false if @density==nil
      return @enctypes[EncounterTypes::Grass3] ? true : false
    end
then I attached the terrain tag to the encounter method
Code:
elsif self.isGrass2?
      enctype=EncounterTypes::Grass2
      return enctype
    elsif self.isGrass3?
      enctype=EncounterTypes::Grass3
      return enctype
set up the enctype in def pbEncounterType
Code:
elsif self.isGrass2?
      return pbIsGrass2Tag?($game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x,$game_player.y))
    elsif self.isGrass3?
      return pbIsGrass3Tag?($game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x,$game_player.y))
and finally defined it in def isEncounterPossibleHere?

Anyone know what's wrong? Please let me know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Did you set the terrain tag on the tile set? You would need to duplicate the grass for each I'd and then assign it

Back