• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Dropping these here:

Two demonstration screenshots of my Pokemon Engine (for Game Maker) which is currently being developed:

screen1.png

Screenshot2.gif

List of credits available on my DA.

Banana_Fiend

You may remember me as 'Cng'
Years
That looks really nicely made so far!
It's always great to see games being coded from the ground up, it actually means that you've put a great deal of effort in, and it's paid off! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Damnit! I knew I'd heard Aurelia somewhere before. It just kept popping into my head while I was thinking of town names and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know, guess it means I can't use it.

Onto your actual screenie though, very high quality sprites you have there. I like the look of your houses and your PC, though the Pokemon Centre looks...I dunno exactly what, but something. The layout of that particular shot reminds of Saffron City, I should add.

Oh and with those little bits of fences you have there, you should make the stick out-y bits at the ends curve off or have them continue into the buildings adjacent to them; either way works. At present it just looks like they've been sawn off.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Very nice Max, everything looks great overall. Although I recommend you give those fences a darker outline. They blend withe the background path a little too much, on top at least. I also think that your main road would be nice with some texture, even some gritty dots or something along those lines, to give it that paved feeling rather than looking too smooth. Other than that everything looks great to be honest.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
Some maps and a world map I made for the fun, I might use them later in a project idk... Please tell me what you think of it!
I'm quite proud of my world map personally... haha.

Attachments

• Pleasant Mount.png
    Pleasant Mount.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Sans titre-2.png
    Sans titre-2.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 70
  • new-map+.gif
    new-map+.gif
    25 KB · Views: 100

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
This took many, many hours:

RegionMap.png

Do not steal or use in anyway; this took me 4 hours to make.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
:U
Holy God thats amazing. That looks like Nintendurr made it...
Amazingness.

Thanks :D, I did it pixel-by-pixel using the official colour-scheme etc for inspiration.

OMG That is amazing like nintendo made it themself ;)

Thankies! :D, it was difficult to get started with, but once you get going it's not too bad.. just very time-consuming.

A screenshot showing our new style of tiles:

cavernscreenshot.png

OOOooooooooo. I really like this. It might be a weird thing to comment on, but I think the ladders look amazing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm liking the battle system, though I recommend that you change the text colour, or just the shadow colours as they make the font quite hard to read. On the text boxes that is. Are the sprites animated?

Though I also recommend making both the HP boxes the same colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back