• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle✓] Problems with the first rival battle editing

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
So, I'm trying to make it, so the script for the first rival battle occurs later in the game, because it's the only battle where losing doesn't send you to the Pokemon center.

So I'm trying to make a battle where the player will likely lose. But the problem is that, if the player has more than one Pokemon, the battle will glitch out, after the first one faints, probably because of the Oak dialouge, when you go to your Pokemon menu.

I'm thinking that if I knew how to edit the battle, it might be possible to get rid of all the Oak text or something and make it so just the losing part remains.

I'm no real master at hacking, so maybe the Oak text isn't the problem.

Does anyone know any way to make a battle, where you are allowed to lose, or maybe a way to edit the way the battle works? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This thread should help you out. It allows you to continue after losing a battle when you set a flag of your choice and is pretty simple to insert.

Back